Deoxys-S

When using Hidden Power Fire, you have to reduce your Speed IV by 1. This makes it so that you need 240 Speed EVs to be able to outspeed scarf Garchomp. You might want to fix this. Also, unless I'm calcing it wrong, LO HP Fire always OHKOes Genesect.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thunderbolt, Knock Off, and Rock Slide deserve a mention in the Moves section of the attacking set for the last slot, and Thunderbolt could even be worthy of a slash after HP Fire. Knock Off is Deo-S's strongest attack vs Lati@s, Espeon, OHKOes Gengar without the need to use Psycho Boost, fucks up Aegislash harder than anything else Deo-S has, which is important as Aegislash is one of the best counters to Deo-S, and OHKOes Starmie after SR and 1 LO recoil. Thunderbolt deals with Azumarill, Slowbro, Mega Charizard Y, regular Gyarados, Starmie, and Greninja (without lowering your stats). Rock Slide OHKOes Mega Charizard Y and allows Deo-S to revenge kill +1 Volcarona, both useful traits against a HO team.

Aren't most Genesects 4/0- because of having to be -Def nature? this would been 100% of OHKO on Genesect for Dedicated Hazards lead. Just a nitpick but yeah, not sure.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ok this definitely needs some updating

so a psycho boost / ice beam / hp fire life orb sr lead set has emerged in spl and some higher ladder play has a common deo-s variant. the sr / spikes / magic coat / taunt set faces extremely major competition with deo-d, such to the point where i think deo-d is flatly better at this role. i feel the current sr set should be replaced by, or at least preceded by, this set.

also, knock off is a really good move for aegislash and the latis on the life orb set, as well as allowing deo-s to be a general big nuisance to its defensive checks. i think it should get a slash on the life orb set, if not a primary one, as it is an extremely good option.

finally, i think sr + rain dance should be considered for a set. it is probably the best opener for hyper offense rain teams in this meta, able to set up sr and rain dance to get the ball rolling immediately so the team can do some damage. it is extremely valuable on rain teams, and thus i think it should get a set.

thoughts?

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Now that Genesect is gone, I don't think Fire Punch should be slashed first, or perhaps even at all anymore on the hazards set; Deoxys-S is unable to kill max HP Scizor even with max Attack EVs. Against other threats that are weak to Fire, Deoxys-S generally shuts them down with Taunt and/or sets up in their face. The EV spread should accordingly be changed to 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe Timid.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i plan to replace the current hazards set with an offensive sr one. deo-d is plain better at stacking. this is noted a few posts back.

also, ok, rd will not get a set, twas just a possibility.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just a really small nitpick, I know this is 'done' and all but..

The Attack EVs enable Deoxys-S to KO max HP Tyranitar with Superpower.
This isn't true, Deo-S only needs 16 Atk EVs to OHKO Ttar:

16 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-S Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 406-478 (100.4 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Therefore, a spread of 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Naive is the most ideal.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Just a really small nitpick, I know this is 'done' and all but..

This isn't true, Deo-S only needs 16 Atk EVs to OHKO Ttar:

16 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-S Superpower vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 406-478 (100.4 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Therefore, a spread of 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 240 Naive is the most ideal.
16 Atk Life Orb Deoxys-S Superpower vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 296-354 (73.4 - 87.8%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Well to be honest, Deoxys-S isn't going to be always OHKOing defensive Tyranitar anymore in the first place, because the standard SHOULD be physically defensive. Speaking of which, Jukain you should probably specify this, because Superpower is only going to be OHKOing non physically defensive variants, which is pretty important considering that players need to be wary of when to Superpower Tyranitar when there's a pretty big chance of it living and getting rid of your revenge killer. Just be sure to mention that Superpower can OHKO pretty much every variant of Tyranitar (even Mega Tyranitar) and slightly weakened physically defensive sets, then you should be fine.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I think SR should be the first slash on the RK set's final slot. Knock Off is nice to mess with Aegis and Chansey, but Deo-S's ability to set up SR shouldn't be underestimated, especially since it can threaten out a variety of fast offensive mons. There are many other mons that make better use of Knock Off, but none can give you that utility of a blindingly fast SR combined with amazing revenging potential. It's Deo-S's best set and easily deserves the first slash in my book.

Jukain

!_!
I think SR should be the first slash on the RK set's final slot. Knock Off is nice to mess with Aegis and Chansey, but Deo-S's ability to set up SR shouldn't be underestimated, especially since it can threaten out a variety of fast offensive mons. There are many other mons that make better use of Knock Off, but none can give you that utility of a blindingly fast SR combined with amazing revenging potential. It's Deo-S's best set and easily deserves the first slash in my book.
See, SR on Deo-S just is alright. It can't pivot into anything and is generally unable reset the hazard, whereas something like Lando can. Also, giving up coverage sucks. SR is good, but Knock Off is insanely useful and definitively deserves the main slash. I've already conversed with other people about this.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
You should really mention Mega-Mawile when you talk about HP Fire even though you can only hit it on the switch due to Sucker Punch it otherwise completly walls you so it is one of the more important targets.

In Set Details of Dedicated Hazards Lead you mention Max Atk investment + Fire Punch while the set itself includes Max HP instead + Fire Punch isn't slashed as an option. And honestly all Set Details look strange for this set (I guess you forgot to rewrite it after changes from Max Atk to Max HP ?).

Would Substitute be a possibly viable option on the Life Orb Revenge Killer set? I've been seeing a lot of Bisharp recently, so I decided to put Substitute over Knock Off and it works well for me. It allows Deoxys-S to avoid the OHKO from Sucker Punch and KO back with Superpower. It also saves it from Pursuit mind games. Maybe it's not worth it, but I think it has a use.

BurningMan

fueled by beer
Would Substitute be a possibly viable option on the Life Orb Revenge Killer set? I've been seeing a lot of Bisharp recently, so I decided to put Substitute over Knock Off and it works well for me. It allows Deoxys-S to avoid the OHKO from Sucker Punch and KO back with Superpower. It also saves it from Pursuit mind games. Maybe it's not worth it, but I think it has a use.
Substitute is cool on any attacker, but its not a good option on Deo-S because first it is affected by all forms of residual damage + LO recoil so Substitute wears it down even faster which isn't great, second it is easiely forced out due to the Stat drops of its main attacking moves Psycho Boost and Super Power and finally your substitutes can be broken by virtually any OU Pokemon thanks to its poor typing and mediocre bulk. Honestly unless you can reliably set-up a substitute on some prominent OU threats without the need of forcing it out it is always a shaky option.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)