Rejected - Inactive Different layout for PMs

Currently the private message layout is so you can have PMs on the left side of the screen and a chat room on the right side. If someone wanted to have two chat rooms on their screen with splitting each half dedicated for each chat room, then it becomes a hassle to switch back and forth from a private message screen back to the chat room. I was thinking that instead of dedicating an entire side of the screen just to PMs, you can have a pop up for chatting similar to current day facebook. Having the chat pop up from the bottom and being able to hide it back down will help eliminate the back and forth switching also keep things cleaner and having the option of turning on and off auto popups for messaging.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
There's some stuff I'm working on with the Preact client to make this easier. I don't know if the popup approach specifically is a good idea, though; it covers up the chat input and recent messages, which is pretty annoying.

One "weird" approach might make the pop-ups drop down from the top, and have tabs for them.

Hmm, I suppose a top down approach could work as well, but that would look rather awkward. Would maybe tabs on the side of the screen and then a pop up coming from that side with the function to click it back into hiding and back out work better?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I see that as pretty close to the current implementation, it's just a main menu rather than a pop-up.

Actually I suppose one of the easiest ways to implement something like that is to be able to use your arrow keys to go to the home screen and then being able to flip back to the 2 chat room setup. Since currently you cant go to the home menu unless you physically press the home button. Would that an option that could be looked upon?

Oh awesome, when would you predict all these fixes would come out and would there be a patch notes so to speak to see all of the fixes made?

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I originally expected a few months, like a year ago. It's been way slower than I expected. I'll announce something when it comes out, but I probably shouldn't commit to a timeframe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)