Pet Mod Discord-Led Mods Megathread

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
approved by me c:<
Welcome to the Discord-Led Mods Megathread!
As the name implies, this is the place for Discord-Led Mods. A Discord-Led Mod is basically a Pet Mod that is hosted and created on the Pet Mods Discord server (click). There, one of the subforum's staff members will announce that they're starting a new one, and then active discussion will take place on Discord over the span of a few days until the mod is complete. It's all pretty lax; people are free to come and go with contributions as they please, you're able to do as much or as little as you want. This thread is where all of these will be posted, and you're free to post sets, teams, meta analyses, or anything similar about any of them.

There's not really many rules beyond that. Just keep in mind...
Otherwise, that's it! Pretty short post but there's not really much else that needs to be said. There's no schedule or anything, but I will say that these will happen pretty infrequently. Regardless, hope you guys enjoy!
in case anyone actually thought i just approved my own thread, this was approved by the staff team

DuoM2

whao
Blindsided
This one actually got a full thread, now run by Inmundo, but I felt it needed a place in this thread because it was the first Discord-Led Mod. The idea of Blindsided is that I personally sent out a DM to every active member of the Pet Mods community asking them to submit a Fakemon balanced for OU, and then the resulting meta that followed would only include those Fakemon. This was originally made as a test for collecting data, since I was interested in seeing what types of Pokemon people would send to me, but as time passed and interest quickly rose, I eventually decided it would be okay to make this fully playable.

The resulting meta was really broken, as would be expected. Some people don't have the best idea of balance, and some people made subs assuming we would get something integral to any meta that never ended up happening (e.g. a bulky Steel). The meta was still very playable though, as all of the overpowered Pokemon did have counterplay even if it wasn't particularly easy to beat them. However, this all has changed, as a second slate has been added.

Main thread
Discord server
Spreadsheet

DuoM2

whao
NatDex Plus
NatDex Plus was the second one of these, and it carried an even simpler premise - people are allowed to submit any additions or changes that are feasibly codable to National Dex OU within 48 hours. This one never did get coded, though, as people submitted significantly more than I initially thought they would, which was admittedly a major oversight on my end. We had over 200 new or modified Pokemon within it, not to mention all of the other custom elements that would need coded. The coding seemed too time-consuming for me to reasonably bring upon anyone, so I explicitly told the coders not to code this, and I'm hopeful it stays that way. Our community's coders have lives and can certainly use their time better than making a broken dumping grounds for people to submit whatever to. I have said the word "code" way too many times within this one post.

Incomplete Spreadsheet

DuoM2

whao
General discussion for this thread will be kind of impossible since Blindsided has its own thread and Natdex Plus is never going anywhere, but I'm announcing that I will be running another one of these starting on Friday!

The mod will (tentatively) be called Pick Six. Everyone who participates will be split into 4 groups, with each current staff member leading discussion in their respective group. Each group's goal is to make six Pokemon aimed at OU viability (ideally Fakemon for the sake of linearity but you can do regional forms or edits of existing mons) with two alternate forms each. The six Pokemon each group makes MUST be used on the same team, and so the team variance comes from which of the four groups's teams you use and which of the alternate forms you choose from for all of the Pokemon. This will also be one of few mods where you have to outright tell me if you want to join since the four group chats will be private. Please DM me or ping me on Discord, ideally today or tomorrow, if you're interested in joining this! Link to the Discord server is in the first post of this thread, and my tag is Duo#8121 if you need it for any reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)