Discussion: Trying to Explain Our Confusing Experiences with Pokémon

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Hey there, everyone. It's me again. A few days ago I told myself that there were two discussion threads I wanted to post here in OI. The first was my Pokémon 25th anniversary survey, but more relevant right now is this second one. This discussion idea was inspired by my strange fascination for things in and about video games and other pop culture that go unexplained. I'm talking about more than just the famous ghost girl easter eggs, though. I'm talking more along the lines of, just, weird things that happen to us individually that we can't explain. Such mysteries have always fascinated me, and I see no better place to start this discussion then with one of my own that all started with this mysterious picture I found in my iPhone's camera roll back in July of 2020. (Depending on how the thread treats the picture, you should be able to see it down below.)

This picture was supposedly taken on July 26th, 2020. As I was typing this, I noticed how creepy it was that I'm making this thread exactly six months after this was found. That's totally not a coincidence. At first glance, it just looks like a normal screenshot of a bred Shiny Oshawott from the Generation 7 games, right? Well, yes, but let's dive into why this picture scares me so much.

First and foremost, if we look closely, we can see that this picture had to have been taken raw from someone's device at their own 3DS screen. This is significant because I can't retrace this picture ANYWHERE across the Internet, and believe me when I say I've spent a long time searching. The picture was also taken very late at night, too, at 4:10 AM in my time zone. This means that someone would have had to have been breeding for a Shiny at 4 AM my time and have a reason to send this picture to me, and I know for a FACT that this couldn't have been from my own devices or game since I went back after finding this to see if I even had the capability to breed for Oshawott in the one Generation 7 game I could breed in (Sun), and sure enough, there's not even a trace of Oshawott's parents to be found anywhere.

Can you see how none of this lines up yet? I've been trying to figure out where this Shiny Oshawott picture came from for half a year now, and why this photo would be in mine and only my possession. It's mysteries like these that I'm talking about, and I wanted to create this discussion to give you guys an opportunity to discuss any weird or creepy things you've experienced. It doesn't have to be anything along the lines of my mysterious Oshawott, but who knows? I also have a personal belief that these kinds of events mean something in the future, too. That just about wraps things up from me, and I hope you enjoy this discussion! :D

Attachments

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
The real confusing experience is how Oshawott can learn Air Slash, but that's for the movepool thread
That's easy: Oshawott gets it via Egg Move, and I thought maybe from a Move Tutor somewhere, but I don't know. Question is, who would the required parents be?

For convenience, if someone could go find that thread for me and hyperlink it for me, I'd be very appreciative. :) (Edit: If the forum rules allow that; if not then don't worry about it.)

(UPDATE: I found the link I was looking for. I'll put it right here.)
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/pokémon-movepool-oddities-explanations.3539377

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)