Ubers Ditto [DONE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
[Overview]

Thanks to Imposter and its ability to copy the foe's stat changes, Ditto serves as an excellent revenge killer. Because of this, its very presence deters sweepers such as Zekrom and Xerneas from setting up. Ditto can fulfill any role of a foe that it copies, such as a revenge killer or a wall. Additionally, Ditto is not affected by the Speed drop that Sticky Web causes after transforming. Despite this, Ditto cannot reliably defeat bulky setup sweepers thanks to its abysmal HP stat and is also countered by Substitute. It also struggles against non-hyper offense teams and as such can only perform well situationally.

[SET]
name: I'm you, but stronger
move 1: Transform
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Imposter
nature: Relaxed
evs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
ivs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Imposter is an ability unique to Ditto that allows it to completely copy all of the moves, stats, and stat changes of an opposing Pokemon, with the exception of HP. Choice Scarf ensures that Ditto will always either outspeed or Speed tie with the opposing Pokemon. 248 HP EVs minimize damage taken from entry hazards before transforming and guarantees that Ditto will be able to use Struggle up to four times prior to fainting. 252 Defense EVs minimize Struggle damage, which can be especially useful in the rare Ditto mirror match. The last 8 EVs are allocated to Attack to maximize the damage output of Struggle. Finally, a Relaxed nature coupled with 0 Speed IVs ensures that Imposter will never activate first, thereby guaranteeing Ditto to have more Transform PP in the event of a mirror match.

As this set performs best as a revenge killer, Ditto can be utilized in a variety of offense teams. Many teams are often susceptible to a combination of faster threats like Calyrex-S, Marshadow, and Xerneas; Ditto can copy their boosts and outspeed them with Choice Scarf, thereby allowing Ditto to potentially countersweep the opposing team. This is the main reason why Ditto performs best on hyper offense teams. Ditto also has a minor niche of being able to PP stall some bulkier defensive threats like Blissey by repeatedly switching in, using a recovery move, and switching out. It should be noted though that due to the prevalence of entry hazards, unnecessary chip damage may hinder Ditto's ability to sweep. Some useful partners for Ditto are defensive staples like Necrozma-DM and Yveltal, which appreciate Ditto’s ability to prevent wallbreakers and sweepers from overwhelming them. Additionally, as some sweepers opt to utilize Substitute to bypass Imposter, backup checks to the offensive threats mentioned above are beneficial to any type of team Ditto is featured on.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Choice Scarf and Imposter are mandatory on Ditto. The utility they each provide mean that they far outclass any other item or ability Ditto can utilize.

Checks and Counters
====

**Substitute Sweepers**: Certain setup sweepers like Xerneas and Zekrom can use Substitute to bypass Imposter. Because of this, Ditto should be paired with backup checks to them.

**Bulky Threats**: Although Ditto can copy the stat boosts of opposing Pokemon, it cannot successfully defeat bulkier threats like Dragon Dance Zygarde and Calm Mind Kyogre in a one-on-one scenario. Additionally, even though Ditto has the ability to copy virtually any offensive threat in the tier, many teams carry multiple checks to the wallbreakers and sweepers they run. For example, if Ditto copies Calyrex-S, many teams will have checks like Yveltal and Ho-Oh to prevent Ditto from successfully countersweeping. Furthermore, although rare, sweepers running Imprison can prevent Ditto from revenge killing them.

**Opposing Ditto**: An incoming Ditto cannot transform into an already transformed Ditto via Imposter. Therefore, Ditto can check opposing Ditto if it already has transformed.

**Priority Users**: Priority users like Marshadow and Rayquaza can effectively eliminate Ditto before it gets a chance to revenge kill them.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Lasen, 273339]]
- Quality checked by: [[Minority, 222996], [Manaphy, 50695]]
- Grammar checked by: [[The Dutch Plumberjack, 232216], [Estronic, 240732]]

Last edited:

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ditto also finds a valuable niche by offering role compression in a variety of teams ranging from Hyper Offense to Balance
As briefly as possible explain in this point what this role compression is.

In the overview also mention Ditto's matchup vs. webs and stallbreaking / scouting ability.

In the second paragraph of set comments, while Ditto can fit on any team archetype, in practice it finds itself on offensive teams more often than a traditional balance style builds that require a careful assemblage of reactive Pokemon to cover all major threats.

In checks and counters add opposing Ditto to your discussion of imposter-proof Pokemon. I also think the name of this section should be changed because it describes Pokemon that defeat the Pokemon Ditto has copied, rather than being about Pokemon that are literally "imposter proof".

QC: 1/2

JT Yao

Banned deucer.
As briefly as possible explain in this point what this role compression is.

In the overview also mention Ditto's matchup vs. webs and stallbreaking / scouting ability.

In the second paragraph of set comments, while Ditto can fit on any team archetype, in practice it finds itself on offensive teams more often than a traditional balance style builds that require a careful assemblage of reactive Pokemon to cover all major threats.

In checks and counters add opposing Ditto to your discussion of imposter-proof Pokemon. I also think the name of this section should be changed because it describes Pokemon that defeat the Pokemon Ditto has copied, rather than being about Pokemon that are literally "imposter proof".

QC: 1/2
Will implement these later tonight, thank you! :swole:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I’m again not sure if the Opening is bullet pointed or not in the final analysis, but this looks good no matter the case

QC 2/2

amcheck add remove (comment) RH = remove hyphen RC = remove comma RP = remove period ASC = add semicolon

I'm not supposed to re-write anything for you, but I figured I would because I'm in a helpful mood today. I'm gonna backup my check just in case it is needed again. Additionally, I talked to some of the official checkers and one of them said that bullet points are not proper formatting. I don't know, I'm not a professional.

[Overview]

• Ditto serves as an excellent revenge killer in SS Ubers
  • By virtue of its ability Imposter, Ditto is able to copy the stat changes of the opposing Pokemon
  • This trait is particularly valuable as Ditto effectively serves as an anti-offense threat by deterring set-up sweepers such as Xerneas and Zacian-H from boosting
  • Ditto also finds a valuable niche by offering role compression to Offense teams, fulfilling a variety of roles ranging from a revenge killer to a scouter
  • In particular, Ditto is an excellent pick on Hyper Offense hyper offense teams that are susceptible to Sticky Webs, as it is not affected by the speed drop induced by Sticky Webs after transforming
  • Unfortunately, due to its abysmal Base HP stat, Ditto cannot defeat bulkier set-up sweepers and is also susceptible to Pokemon utilizing Substitute
  • Ditto is often matchup reliant as it can defeat frailer set-up sweepers found on Hyper Offense teams, but fails to make much of a noticeable impact versus Bulky Offense and Balance teams
Thanks to Imposter, Ditto serves as an excellent revenge killer in the tier, as it is able to copy the foe's stat changes. Because of this, its very presence deters setup sweepers such as Zacian and Xerneas from setting up. Ditto can fulfill any role that it copies, such as a revenge killer or a wall. Additionally, Ditto is not affected by the Speed drop that Sticky Web causes after transforming. Despite this, Ditto cannot reliably defeat bulky setup sweepers thanks to its abysmal HP stat and is also countered by Substitute. It also struggles against non-hyper offense teams, and as such can only perform well situationally.

[SET] (I’m you, but stronger)
Name: Ditto
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Nature: Relaxed Nature
Evs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
IVs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

As Transform is the only move Ditto learns, this set is straightforward and simple. Imposter is an ability unique to Ditto that allows it to completely copy all of the moves, stats, and stat changes of an opposing Pokemon, with the exception of HP. Choice Scarf ensures that Ditto will always either out speed outspeed or speed Speed tie with the opposing Pokemon. 248 HP EVs minimizes damage taken from entry hazards prior to transforming (RC) and guarantees that Ditto will be able to use Struggle up to 4 times prior to fainting. 252 Defense EVs minimize Struggle damage, which can be especially useful in the rare Ditto mirror match. The last 8 EVs are allocated to Attack (RC) to maximize the damage output of Struggle. Finally, a Relaxed Nature coupled with 0 Speed IVs ensures that Imposter will never activate first, thereby guaranteeing Ditto to have more Transform PP in the event of a mirror match.

As this set performs best as a revenge killer, Ditto can be utilized in a variety of Offense offense teams. Many teams structures are often susceptible to a combination of faster threats like Calyrex-SR, Zacian-H Calyrex-S, Zacian, and Xerneas; (RP/ASC) Ditto prevents said sweepers from coming in, as it can copy their boosts and out speed outspeed them with Choice Scarf, thereby allowing Ditto to potentially reverse sweep the opposing team. Because of this quality, Ditto acts as an excellent revenge killer. Notably, Ditto performs best on Hyper Offense Teams hyper offense teams. This is because Hyper Offense they teams rely on the power and speed of their sweepers to overwhelm the opposition. However, Sticky Webs can reduce the speed of said sweepers, but Ditto is not affected by the speed drop induced by Sticky Webs after transforming. Therefore, It can proceed to switch in to an opposing boosted sweeper and proceed to either revenge kill it, or potentially sweep the opposing team. (All of this felt unecessary because this is true for HO teams in general.) Ditto also has a minor niche of being able to PP stall some bulkier defensive threats like Blissey by repeatedly switching in, using a recovery move, and switching out. It should be noted though that due to the ubiquity of entry hazards being common, Ditto taking unnecessary chip damage may hinder Ditto's ability to sweep. prove to be counterproductive more often than not. Some useful partners for Ditto are defensive staples like Necrozma-Dusk Mane Necrozma-DM and Yveltal, which appreciate Ditto’s ability to prevent wallbreakers and sweepers from overwhelming them. Additionally, as some sweepers opt to utilize Substitute to bypass Imposter, having back up checks to the offensive threats mentioned above are beneficial to any type of team Ditto is featured in.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Choice Scarf and Imposter are mandatory on Ditto. The utility they each provide far outclass any other item or ability Ditto can utilize.

Checks and Counters
====

Substitute Sweepers: Certain set-up sweepers like Xerneas and Zekrom opt to can use Substitute to bypass Imposter. Because of this, it is wise to pair Ditto should be paired with backup checks to the aforementioned threats.

Bulky Threats: Although Ditto can copy the stat boosts of opposing Pokemon, it cannot successfully defeat Bulkier Threats like Dragon Dance Zygarde and Calm Mind Kyogre in a 1v1 scenario, due to Ditto’s abysmal HP stat. Additionally, even though Ditto has the ability to copy virtually any offensive threat in the tier, many teams carry multiple checks to the wallbreakers and sweepers they run. For example, if Ditto copies Zacian, a Zacian-H, many teams will have checks like Necrozma-Dusk Mane Necrozma-DM, Tangrowth, and Ho-Oh to prevent Ditto from successfully reverse sweeping. Furthermore, although rare, sweepers running Imprison can prevent Ditto from revenge killing.

Ditto: An incoming Ditto cannot transform into an already transformed Ditto via Imposter. Therefore, Ditto can check opposing Ditto, (RC) if it already has transformed via Imposter.

Priority Users: Priority users, (RC) like Marshadow and Rayquaza, (RC) can effectively eliminate Ditto with their priority moves before Ditto gets a chance to revenge kill them.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[JT Yao, JT Yao]]
- Quality checked by: [[Minority, Minority], [Manaphy, Manaphy]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]

Last edited:

JT Yao

Banned deucer.
amcheck add remove (comment) RH = remove hyphen RC = remove comma RP = remove period ASC = add semicolon

I'm not supposed to re-write anything for you, but I figured I would because I'm in a helpful mood today. I'm gonna backup my check just in case it is needed again. Additionally, I talked to some of the official checkers and one of them said that bullet points are not proper formatting. I don't know, I'm not a professional.

[Overview]

• Ditto serves as an excellent revenge killer in SS Ubers
  • By virtue of its ability Imposter, Ditto is able to copy the stat changes of the opposing Pokemon
  • This trait is particularly valuable as Ditto effectively serves as an anti-offense threat by deterring set-up sweepers such as Xerneas and Zacian-H from boosting
  • Ditto also finds a valuable niche by offering role compression to Offense teams, fulfilling a variety of roles ranging from a revenge killer to a scouter
  • In particular, Ditto is an excellent pick on Hyper Offense hyper offense teams that are susceptible to Sticky Webs, as it is not affected by the speed drop induced by Sticky Webs after transforming
  • Unfortunately, due to its abysmal Base HP stat, Ditto cannot defeat bulkier set-up sweepers and is also susceptible to Pokemon utilizing Substitute
  • Ditto is often matchup reliant as it can defeat frailer set-up sweepers found on Hyper Offense teams, but fails to make much of a noticeable impact versus Bulky Offense and Balance teams
Thanks to Imposter, Ditto serves as an excellent revenge killer in the tier, as it is able to copy the foe's stat changes. Because of this, its very presence deters setup sweepers such as Zacian and Xerneas from setting up. Ditto can fulfill any role that it copies, such as a revenge killer or a wall. Additionally, Ditto is not affected by the Speed drop that Sticky Web causes after transforming. Despite this, Ditto cannot reliably defeat bulky setup sweepers thanks to its abysmal HP stat and is also countered by Substitute. It also struggles against non-hyper offense teams, and as such can only perform well situationally.

[SET] (I’m you, but stronger)
Name: Ditto
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Nature: Relaxed Nature
Evs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
IVs: 0 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

As Transform is the only move Ditto learns, this set is straightforward and simple. Imposter is an ability unique to Ditto that allows it to completely copy all of the moves, stats, and stat changes of an opposing Pokemon, with the exception of HP. Choice Scarf ensures that Ditto will always either out speed outspeed or speed Speed tie with the opposing Pokemon. 248 HP EVs minimizes damage taken from entry hazards prior to transforming (RC) and guarantees that Ditto will be able to use Struggle up to 4 times prior to fainting. 252 Defense EVs minimize Struggle damage, which can be especially useful in the rare Ditto mirror match. The last 8 EVs are allocated to Attack (RC) to maximize the damage output of Struggle. Finally, a Relaxed Nature coupled with 0 Speed IVs ensures that Imposter will never activate first, thereby guaranteeing Ditto to have more Transform PP in the event of a mirror match.

As this set performs best as a revenge killer, Ditto can be utilized in a variety of Offense offense teams. Many teams structures are often susceptible to a combination of faster threats like Calyrex-SR, Zacian-H Calyrex-S, Zacian, and Xerneas; (RP/ASC) Ditto prevents said sweepers from coming in, as it can copy their boosts and out speed outspeed them with Choice Scarf, thereby allowing Ditto to potentially reverse sweep the opposing team. Because of this quality, Ditto acts as an excellent revenge killer. Notably, Ditto performs best on Hyper Offense Teams hyper offense teams. This is because Hyper Offense they teams rely on the power and speed of their sweepers to overwhelm the opposition. However, Sticky Webs can reduce the speed of said sweepers, but Ditto is not affected by the speed drop induced by Sticky Webs after transforming. Therefore, It can proceed to switch in to an opposing boosted sweeper and proceed to either revenge kill it, or potentially sweep the opposing team. (All of this felt unecessary because this is true for HO teams in general.) Ditto also has a minor niche of being able to PP stall some bulkier defensive threats like Blissey by repeatedly switching in, using a recovery move, and switching out. It should be noted though that due to the ubiquity of entry hazards being common, Ditto taking unnecessary chip damage may hinder Ditto's ability to sweep. prove to be counterproductive more often than not. Some useful partners for Ditto are defensive staples like Necrozma-Dusk Mane Necrozma-DM and Yveltal, which appreciate Ditto’s ability to prevent wallbreakers and sweepers from overwhelming them. Additionally, as some sweepers opt to utilize Substitute to bypass Imposter, having back up checks to the offensive threats mentioned above are beneficial to any type of team Ditto is featured in.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Choice Scarf and Imposter are mandatory on Ditto. The utility they each provide far outclass any other item or ability Ditto can utilize.

Checks and Counters
====

Substitute Sweepers: Certain set-up sweepers like Xerneas and Zekrom opt to can use Substitute to bypass Imposter. Because of this, it is wise to pair Ditto should be paired with backup checks to the aforementioned threats.

Bulky Threats: Although Ditto can copy the stat boosts of opposing Pokemon, it cannot successfully defeat Bulkier Threats like Dragon Dance Zygarde and Calm Mind Kyogre in a 1v1 scenario, due to Ditto’s abysmal HP stat. Additionally, even though Ditto has the ability to copy virtually any offensive threat in the tier, many teams carry multiple checks to the wallbreakers and sweepers they run. For example, if Ditto copies Zacian, a Zacian-H, many teams will have checks like Necrozma-Dusk Mane Necrozma-DM, Tangrowth, and Ho-Oh to prevent Ditto from successfully reverse sweeping. Furthermore, although rare, sweepers running Imprison can prevent Ditto from revenge killing.

Ditto: An incoming Ditto cannot transform into an already transformed Ditto via Imposter. Therefore, Ditto can check opposing Ditto, (RC) if it already has transformed via Imposter.

Priority Users: Priority users, (RC) like Marshadow and Rayquaza, (RC) can effectively eliminate Ditto with their priority moves before Ditto gets a chance to revenge kill them.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[JT Yao, JT Yao]]
- Quality checked by: [[Minority, Minority], [Manaphy, Manaphy]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]
JT Yao can you change the overview to a paragraph too (as well as on Froslass) before moving this to GP please?
Implemented, thank you.

Both this and the Froslass analysis are now ready for GP.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove add / fix (comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
GP 1/2
[Overview]

Thanks to Imposter and its ability to copy the foe's stat changes, Ditto serves as an excellent revenge killer in the tier, as it is able to copy the foe's stat changes. Because of this, its very presence deters setup sweepers such as Zekrom and Xerneas from setting up. Ditto can fulfill any role of a foe that it copies, such as a revenge killer or a wall. Additionally, Ditto is not affected by the Speed drop that Sticky Web causes after transforming. Despite this, Ditto cannot reliably defeat bulky setup sweepers thanks to its abysmal HP stat and is also countered by Substitute. It also struggles against non-hyper offense teams, and as such can only perform well situationally.

[SET] (I’m you, but stronger) (move it the name property if you must but it's gonna break the set here)
name: Ditto
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
nature: Relaxed Nature

[SET COMMENTS]

As Transform is the only move Ditto learns, this set is straightforward and simple. Imposter is an ability unique to Ditto that allows it to completely copy all of the moves, stats, and stat changes of an opposing Pokemon, with the exception of HP. Choice Scarf ensures that Ditto will always either outspeed or Speed tie with the opposing Pokemon. 248 HP EVs minimizes damage taken from entry hazards prior to transforming and guarantees that Ditto will be able to use Struggle up to four times prior to fainting. 252 Defense EVs minimize Struggle damage, which can be especially useful in the rare Ditto mirror match. The last 8 EVs are allocated to Attack to maximize the damage output of Struggle. Finally, a Relaxed nature coupled with 0 Speed IVs ensures that Imposter will never activate first, thereby guaranteeing Ditto to have more Transform PP in the event of a mirror match.

As this set performs best as a revenge killer, Ditto can be utilized in a variety of offense teams. Many teams are often susceptible to a combination of faster threats like Calyrex-S, Marshadow, and Xerneas; Ditto can copy their boosts and outspeed them with Choice Scarf, thereby allowing Ditto to potentially reverse countersweep the opposing team. This is the main reason why Ditto performs best on hyper offense teams. Ditto also has a minor niche of being able to PP stall some bulkier defensive threats like Blissey by repeatedly switching in, using a recovery move, and switching out. It should be noted though that due to the prevalence of entry hazards being common, unnecessary chip damage may hinder Ditto's ability to sweep. Some useful partners for Ditto are defensive staples like Necrozma-DM and Yveltal, which appreciate Ditto’s ability to prevent wallbreakers and sweepers from overwhelming them. Additionally, as some sweepers opt to utilize Substitute to bypass Imposter, having back up backup checks to the offensive threats mentioned above are beneficial to any type of team Ditto is featured in on.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Choice Scarf and Imposter are mandatory on Ditto. The utility they each provide mean that they far outclass any other item or ability Ditto can utilize.

Checks and Counters
====

**Substitute Sweepers**: Certain set-up setup sweepers like Xerneas and Zekrom can use Substitute to bypass Imposter. Because of this, Ditto should be paired with backup checks to the aforementioned threats them.

**Bulky Threats**: Although Ditto can copy the stat boosts of opposing Pokemon, it cannot successfully defeat bulkier threats like Dragon Dance Zygarde and Calm Mind Kyogre in a 1v1 one-on-one scenario. Additionally, even though Ditto has the ability to copy virtually any offensive threat in the tier, many teams carry multiple checks to the wallbreakers and sweepers they run. For example, if Ditto copies Calyrex-S, many teams will have checks like Yveltal and Ho-Oh to prevent Ditto from successfully reverse countersweeping. Furthermore, although rare, sweepers running Imprison can prevent Ditto from revenge killing them.

**Ditto**: An incoming Ditto cannot transform into an already transformed Ditto via Imposter. Therefore, Ditto can check opposing Ditto if it already has transformed.

**Priority Users**: Priority users like Marshadow and Rayquaza can effectively eliminate Ditto with their priority moves before Ditto it gets a chance to revenge kill them.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
[Overview]

Thanks to Imposter and its ability to copy the foe's stat changes, Ditto serves as an excellent revenge killer. Because of this, its very presence deters sweepers such as Zekrom and Xerneas from setting up. Ditto can fulfill any role of a foe that it copies, such as a revenge killer or a wall. Additionally, Ditto is not affected by the Speed drop that Sticky Web causes after transforming. Despite this, Ditto cannot reliably defeat bulky setup sweepers thanks to its abysmal HP stat and is also countered by Substitute. It also struggles against non-hyper offense teams, (RC) and as such can only perform well situationally.

[SET]
name: I'm you, but stronger
move 2:
move 3:
move 4:
nature: Relaxed

[SET COMMENTS]

Imposter is an ability unique to Ditto that allows it to completely copy all of the moves, stats, and stat changes of an opposing Pokemon, with the exception of HP. Choice Scarf ensures that Ditto will always either outspeed or Speed tie with the opposing Pokemon. 248 HP EVs minimizes damage taken from entry hazards prior to transforming and guarantees that Ditto will be able to use Struggle up to four times prior to before (less repetition in the sentence) fainting. 252 Defense EVs minimize Struggle damage, which can be especially useful in the rare Ditto mirror match. The last 8 EVs are allocated to Attack to maximize the damage output of Struggle. Finally, a Relaxed nature coupled with 0 Speed IVs ensures that Imposter will never activate first, thereby guaranteeing Ditto to have more Transform PP in the event of a mirror match.

As this set performs best as a revenge killer, Ditto can be utilized in a variety of offense teams. Many teams are often susceptible to a combination of faster threats like Calyrex-S, Marshadow, and Xerneas; Ditto can copy their boosts and outspeed them with Choice Scarf, thereby allowing Ditto to potentially countersweep the opposing team. This is the main reason why Ditto performs best on hyper offense teams. Ditto also has a minor niche of being able to PP stall some bulkier defensive threats like Blissey by repeatedly switching in, using a recovery move, and switching out. It should be noted though that due to the prevalence of entry hazards, unnecessary chip damage may hinder Ditto's ability to sweep. Some useful partners for Ditto are defensive staples like Necrozma-DM and Yveltal, which appreciate Ditto’s ability to prevent wallbreakers and sweepers from overwhelming them. Additionally, as some sweepers opt to utilize Substitute to bypass Imposter, backup checks to the offensive threats mentioned above are beneficial to any type of team Ditto is featured on.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
====

Checks and Counters
====

**Substitute Sweepers**: Certain setup sweepers like Xerneas and Zekrom can use Substitute to bypass Imposter. Because of this, Ditto should be paired with backup checks to them.

**Bulky Threats**: Although Ditto can copy the stat boosts of opposing Pokemon, it cannot successfully defeat bulkier threats like Dragon Dance Zygarde and Calm Mind Kyogre in a one-on-one scenario. Additionally, even though Ditto has the ability to copy virtually any offensive threat in the tier, many teams carry multiple checks to the wallbreakers and sweepers they run. For example, if Ditto copies Calyrex-S, many teams will have checks like Yveltal and Ho-Oh to prevent Ditto from successfully countersweeping. Furthermore, although rare, sweepers running Imprison can prevent Ditto from revenge killing them.

**Opposing Ditto**: An incoming Ditto cannot transform into an already transformed Ditto via Imposter. Therefore, Ditto can check opposing Ditto if it already has transformed.

**Priority Users**: Priority users like Marshadow and Rayquaza can effectively eliminate Ditto before it gets a chance to revenge kill them.

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[The Dutch Plumberjack, 232216], [username2, userid2]]
2/2 :blobthumbsup:
Estronic-GP-small.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)