DM's Hokey Karaoke! (ROUND ONE, SIGNUPS STILL OPEN)

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What would a karaoke competition be without the sultry sounds of LonelyNess?

Also requesting that you bring back forced singlists... none of this "pick your own song" shit.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
There isn't alot of information in the OP. What exactly is the format. And does the singing ability of the user have any effect on the result?
The format is: you record yourself singing, then people listen to it and vote. More information will be revealed upon the first round's beginning.

As for your second question: that is for the voters/judges to decide.

Kin to win
Wait, so the lowest score-worst singer, goes through to the next round?
It's like golf, the lowest score is the best. If I get 1st/3rd/5th place, I only have 9 points. That's good.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Awesome. I'm going to give this a few more days, just because I know there are at least 2-3 people who showed interest that haven't posted yet. After that, we'll get this shindig underway.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
LET'S GET ROUND ONE STARTED!

ROUND ONE:
90s Rhythm & Blues

I understand not all (or many) of you remember the 1990s, but MAN, were they a good decade for R&B. Boyz II Men, Bell Biv Devoe, En Vogue, etc. tore up the charts back then. Now, it's time for YOU to tear up 90s R&B!

Here is how the first round will work: I have 40 contestants as of AM's post, so what I will do is randomly split everyone up into 4 groups. Only a certain amount of people from each group will make it through to round two.

Because there will only be 4 groups, I don't want any more than 8 people singing the same song (2 of the same in each group). Post in this thread when you have made your song decision so that others know... or, just let them know with your finished submission!

NOTE TO ALL CONTESTANTS: As I am running this alone, any assistance is greatly appreciate. To that end, if you are able to complete your submission and put it on YouTube yourself, I will be in your debt. I really don't relish the prospect of making and uploading 40 karaoke videos.

All that being said... go to it!

And for anyone else who still wants to join... ENTRY INTO THIS COMPETITION IS STILL OPEN, AND WILL CLOSE UPON THE DEADLINE FOR FIRST ROUND SUBMISSIONS.

DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 5th, 12pm Eastern time. (5pm for your Brits.)

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm gonna do TLC - Unpretty.

[edit] - fuck that, that song is actually really boring when you get round to listen to the whole thing..

Ok, I used to think that some of these songs probably werent so bad, but it turns out that most of them actually were.. Wow..

But I am definitely doing En Vogue, and it will probably be Free Your Mind. But I havent been able to listen to it fully yet, so if it just repeats itself 4000 times it might have to be something else..

Have a nice day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)