Dota 2

Elder Titan looks pretty sweet. Much better than I thought he would look.

I'm surprised to see that Warlock is only tier 4 in the competitive hero tier list. He is a really strong (and annoying) hero. =|

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think the problem with Warlock is that he's hard to fit into lanes with current trends. He's really not a good trilane hero (lack of stun, lack of slow, no killing potential until lv 6, which will be slow in a trilane), both offensive and defensive, so you cant really run him as a standard support hero. He does pretty well solo mid - last time I saw him he went pretty much even with QoP in terms of cs at like 15 minutes - but still falls behind other mids; close to 0 rune control, lack of killing potential before 6, easy to gank compared to say, Puck or QoP, and just wont give the same game impact as a Magnus, Puck etc solo mid. I think I also saw him solo offlane once as well, but the ease with which you can gank him, as well as having no reliable method to get farm, make him a pretty terrible offlaner. His spells are great though, particularly Fatal Bonds and obviously his ult, but he is just difficult to fit into line ups these days, particularly when probably his best spot (mid) means your missing out on running something like Magnus, Puck, Batrider, Storm, QoP in the same position.

He does excel in 2v2 lanes though, hence his ridiculous performance in pubs.

Warlock is a good character, but the tier list there isn't going off of a character's objective strengths and weaknesses, merely their competitive use.

It's also hard to fit Warlock in a lane where he can farm up his core in relative peace. He can do fine mid, but his kill potential is low, he can't gank terribly well without ult, has no rune controlling abilities, and is gank food pre-6. He doesn't contribute much in a safe lane farming scenario as mentioned, and no smart team will let him farm safe lane scot free any way.

If you let Warlock get Aghs Refresher it's no fault but your own, you deserve the hell you are about to face.

So there has been a lot of changes in the metagame since 6.78 was released. The drafts have been pretty interesting to watch (Bloodseeker !!) because everyone is testing everything out. What have you guys been noticing that has been particularly effective?

One thing I've noticed is Dragon Knight is getting a lot more popular. He was already fairly popular, but it looks like he will be getting even more popular with this buff. I originally underestimated the buff he got, but now that I think about it, it is a really damn good buff (as some people state it, "Dragon Knight now has a level 2 ultimate"). He does not have to trade fantastic tower pushing capabilities and single target DPS for better farming anymore. He's such a solid hero as well; you can just stick him in middle and he will get his farm reliably unless he is facing something like an OD. He doesn't have much kill potential unless the opposing mid gets out of position, but he works really well with ganks so he can setup his insane 2.5 second stun. Unfortunately he does not handle opposing ganks well; Dragon Knight is not actually that bulky without some items up, just has a ton of innate sustain and anti-harass. However, despite that, I think he is a very solid hero.

Also, Competitive tier list for May for those of you who have not seen it yet.

i was able to pickup Dota 2 for 2 cents off the steam community market somehow. I know 100% nothing about these types of games is there any video source or a reference guide i can use to get started on this?

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I would like to know who is the best dota2 hat baron of smogon and who has the best rare/expensive item.

I got this brewmaster thing that apparently doesn't drop and the box it was in doesn't drop anymore either. I dunno how rare it is, I don't follow trading. I found two of them in a row though, so it can't be that rare.

Also scepter huskar is hilarious now.

syrim

1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1x1
I have The Snowl, so I Win.

Warlock is actually an excellent mid. The fatal bonds harass gives you a super easy way to push the lane and by doing so control runes, your stat gain makes harassing very very easy, and your shadow word is an easy way to force someone out of lane or keep yourself in it. Your ganking potential when you hit six is pretty absurd as well.

Speaking of expensive market items, I wish valve hadn't removed the alpine ursa set from the store and the drops. I really wanted it, but then all those people who were whining about how video games should be serious had to go and ruin it.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
JUST baby roshan?

I am in possession of one Unusual Baby Roshan, Cursed effect, which I think suits baby roshes very well.

His name is Chester and he's very friendly

Item bragging? Got the dragonclaw hook which is like 90 dollars and the vintage timebreaker which is 50(ish i think?) :). That said, there should be some smogon inhouse games, should be fun! Any irc channel where dota players hang around by any chance?

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Item bragging? Got the dragonclaw hook which is like 90 dollars and the vintage timebreaker which is 50(ish i think?) :). That said, there should be some smogon inhouse games, should be fun! Any irc channel where dota players hang around by any chance?
We've actually had an inhouse or two recently, you can find us all on #smogdota :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)