Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Knock Off
- Quick Guard
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch

Found this to be a great supportive core for the semi-TR team that I had been using. Amoonguss will always be Amoonguss, but Scrafty's presence makes things a bit more interesting. With Quick Guard, Amoonguss will never be countered by Talonflame's Brave Bird or by Prankster Taunt, meaning that you can rest ensured that your threats will go to sleep.

Last edited:

Cresselia @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Icy Wind
- Moonlight

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 232 HP / 76 Def / 92 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 112 HP / 156 Atk / 16 Def / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

This core just synergies so well together. Cress provides a wincon from team preview vs some teams and with rocky helmet and landorus is an effective kangaskhan check. icy wind support helps charizard and landorus greatly. it also gets 75% moonlights from sun. Charizard and landorus between them remove all steels (and amoonguss) to aids cresselia in just winning. Landorus can spam eq beside both charizard and cresselia. ofc you can change the items on landorus and cresselia but I like these ones.

Heatran is an amazing partner for this core as it gets strong heat waves, loves the icy wind support, and has its fighting and ground weaknesses covered by all 3 other members.

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Extreme Speed / Knock Off
- Protect

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Depends on rest of your team
- Protect

Glass cannons, but what speed! and what strength! nothing compares.
Very straightforward hit hard and fast. These guys give offensive pressure like no other. Where Talonflame fails, Deoxys Attack can usually cover him. For example talonflames inability to hit Heatran for good damage, Deoxy-Attack can superpower it. Against a RotomW Talon does very little but Psycho Boost does a ton. And Deoxys inability to hit some steels like Jirachi and Aegislash gets taken care of by Flare Blitz/Over Heat

Last edited:

FloristtheBudew

I'm just tired
I thought I'd post a core I'm fond of. I'll see if I can find some games that show its strength but I'll just show the core right now.

Gastrodon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 228 HP / 80 Def / 160 SpA / 40 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 28 Spe
- Muddy Water
- Earth Power
- Recover
- Protect

Rotom-Heat @ Sitrus Berry / Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 116 SpA / 4 SpD / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

They both have strong defensive type synergy. With Gastrodon resisting or immune to both Rotom-H's rock and water type weakness respectively. Where Rotom-H eliminates the grass types that threaten gastrodon a lot, by resisting grass type moves and hitting them for super effective damage with its stab overheat. With water types moves unable to target Rotom-H bar spread water type moves. It is free to target down opposing water types without the threat of being hit back super effectively.

They add good neutral type coverage with them having access to a combination of spread and single target attacking moves. Rotom has access to will o wisp as a status move allowing them to tank more hits from physical hitters. Gastrodon has access to reliable recovery making it able to last for a long duration of the battle.

Spreads:
Gastrodon:
Gastrodon has enough offence to two hit ko 252 hp landorus with muddy water (but not assault vest versions). Earth power has enough power to two hit ko volcanion easily and it under speeds min speed base 60s (Aegislash), so you can hit Aegislash in blade form getting the one hit ko onto it. This is so you don't activate any weakness policies. The standard 252 Hp 164 SpD Goggles Jirachi set is always two hit ko'd by earth power.

Rotom:
The Rotom spread allows it to speed creep neutral natured max speed base 70s (Bisharp) and things that creep that by one point (Rotom-W and some modest Heatran). It has a 93.8% chance to one hit ko 252 hp 4 spd neutral nature amoongus with overheat. 252 hp and 4 evs in both defences is to make Rotom as bulky as possible. As we want to utilize its fantastic defensive typing. It's mainly just an efficient dump of evs since I got most of my desired benchmarks already. However as something to note Rotom can survive opposing Rotom-W's hydro pumps who have 84 Spa evs or less (this is the benchmark for always koing 4 hp talonflame with thunderbolt). The item is flexible depending on how much you want the Rotom part of the core to beat powder based pokemon, or if you would rather be able to last a little longer and be able to survive mega Kangaskhan hits.

Last edited:

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
can you explain your gastro evs? Why do you have 132 speed on it? I just threw that into teambuilder and it's 147 speed

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Gastrodon's 28 IVs make it have 111 speed, which makes it slower than TR Sylveon.
Rotom's 132 EVs make it have 241 speed, which makes it faster than Adamant Bisharp and 0 Speed Jirachi.

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
when the order of the sprites is different than the order of the importable

life struggle

Matame

New Rules
I absolutely adore sylveon at the moment, so I thought I'd post a core consisting of it and hoopa, another one of my favourite offensive Mons at the moment. Since balance is really popular right now I thought it'd be nice for a chance of pace.

Hoopa-Unbound @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 44 Def / 208 SpA / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Trick Room
- Protect
- Hyperspace Hole

Sylveon @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 232 HP / 100 Def / 176 SpA
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 25 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ground]

This core can be effective outside of trick room, but im posting it accustomed to trick room I feel thats where its most effective. What it lacks in bulk it makes up for in sheer offense. The aim of this core is to truly abuse the 4 trick room turns with powerful spread and essentially 120 and 150 bp feints. Hoopa can check 2 crucial threats to trick room, Aegislash and Amoonguss, while Sylveon and Hoopa can threaten Substitute users, which can be challenging to deal with for full room teams. Sylveon annihilates dark types which can wall hoopa while Hoopa can check quite a few common steels, such as Jirachi and Aegislash. The Combination of Psychic, Dark and Fairy can hit almost the entire Metagame neutrally (other than steel/fairy, which can't reliably switch in on Pixie Plate hyper voices, and takes an awful lot from a +1 Hp ground).

Spreads are relatively simple. Hoopa's let it survive a secret sword from Keld and a moonblast from Mega Diancie. The rest is dumped into its attacks to maximise damage output of its stab attacks, most notably Hyperspace Fury (Im pretty sure this is the sample spread lel). Sylveon's lets it survive a return from Adamant Kang, the rest is dumped into special attack to maximise damage output.

Sylveon:
+1 176+ SpA Sylveon Hidden Power Ground vs. 24 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 340-404 (103.3 - 122.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
176+ SpA Pixie Plate Pixilate Sylveon Hyper Voice vs. 108 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-B: 342-404 (81.8 - 96.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Hoopa:
252+ Atk Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Fury vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 296-350 (91.3 - 108%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
208 SpA Hoopa Unbound Hyperspace Hole vs. 252 HP / 84 SpD Amoonguss: 338-402 (78.2 - 93%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

Ability: Drought
EVs: 232 HP / 76 Def / 92 SpA / 108 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Overheat
- Protect

Cresselia @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Psychic
- Icy Wind
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Calm Mind Cresselia's main weakness is it struggling to beat Steel-types such as Aegislash and Jirachi, which Charizard-Y quite easily deals with. Alternatively, you can run Hidden Power Ground on Charizard-Y to beat Heatran. Cresselia's Moonlight gets buffed significantly when Sun is up, making it an even more difficult defensive threat to handle. Cresselia also makes certain tough matchups (Landorus-Therian, Diancie) a lot more managable after an Icy Wind. Alternatively, you could also run Ice Beam for sheer power or when you decide to put Trick Room on Cresselia. I personally really love Trick Room Charizard-Y, which Cresselia can set up.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tailwind / Earth Power / Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Protect

Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

I was actually quite surprised I didn't see this core in the OP of the thread, mostly considering this is one of the most classic cores of Doubles. Both are incredibly potent special attackers that synergize well with each other. Hydreigon gets rid of opponents Aegislash struggles with, such as Heatran, Ghost-types such as Gengar, and Hoopa-Unbound. Aegislash gets rid of Fairy-types such as Sylveon and Diancie, Dragons such as Latios, and can freely switch-in to Kangaskhan and Fighting-type attacks such as Conkeldurr's Hammer Arm.

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect
Darkrai is an underutilised Pokemon IMO, which I've found to be quite effective when paired with Amoonguss. The combination of Spore and Bad Dreams causes nightmares for opponents (if you use this core you have to make this joke) and can help wear down anything asleep, but the synergy is beyond just that. Amoonguss helps Darkrai against Fighting-types and Mega Kangaskhan while Darkrai helps against Jirachi, Aegislash, and Latios, with Thunderbolt hitting some Fire-types in Volcanion (which you have a chance to OHKO against 4 HP variants) and Mega Charizard Y.

A nice thing about the core is how both members help against Trick Room, Darkrai hits most setters with its STAB, while Amoonguss can sleep stuff under it. The core struggles with Mega Gardevior, so a Steel-type like Aegislash or Heatran is good. You could run Sludge Bomb on Darkrai for it, but it doesn't KO and doesn't hit much otherwise so I'm not a fan. The core also isn't the best against Fire-types, so a check such as Landorus-T or Latios makes for a good teammate.

There is no surprise that Conkeldurr works so well under Sun teams. Its Drain Punch has a 75% chance of OHKO'ing standard Mega Kangaskhan and standard Heatran while its priority Mach Punch will 2HKO them without a doubt. Plus, it has access to Wide Guard and can eliminate Landorus-T with Ice Punch (-1). Quite a convenient Mon, don't you think?

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 88 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Conkeldurr @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Mach Punch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Wide Guard

Thundurus and Talonflame are very common in Rain Teams and for a good reason. The problem with Rain is that they have to deal with the following: opposing weather, TR/TW, and Grass & Water mons; and they tend to do a great job in eliminating them.

Thundurus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 72 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt / Thunder
- Rain Dance
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave / Hidden Power Ice

Talonflame @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Brave Bird
- Protect
- Tailwind

KyleCole posted THALK, so I don't see the problem of posting more than 2 mons per core. In this particular sub-category team, it usually has the framework of the following: Mega Gengar + Whimsicott + Gothitelle + Another Perish Song user + Fake Out user + Redirector. However, every successful team have (obviously) Gothitelle and Whimsicott despite their other selections, so I believe this core is solid to Perish Trap teams.

There is no need to explain Mega Gengar's purpose, but Whimsicott provides excellent synergy. The capability to Taunt Thundurus is one thing, but providing Encore in addition to Mega Gengar's Disable is undoubtedly very useful. Also, Gothitelle provides other niche purpose besides Shadow Tag; that is the capability to maintain the team durability. Examples include using Reflect (w/ Hitmontop's or Scrafty's Intimidate), Light Screen (w/ Scrafty's Snarl), Trick Room (w/ Amoonguss's Spore), and even Skill Swap. 0_0

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 216 HP / 24 Def / 32 SpA / 4 SpD / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Perish Song
- Disable
- Protect

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room / Skill Swap / Reflect / Light Screen
- Psychic
- Heal Pulse
- Protect

Last edited:

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion

KyleCole posted THALK, so I don't see the problem of posting more than 2 mons per core. In this particular sub-category team, it usually has the framework of the following: Mega Gengar + Whimsicott + Gothitelle + Another Perish Song user + Fake Out user + Redirector. However, every successful team have (obviously) Gothitelle and Whimsicott despite their other selections, so I believe this core is solid to Perish Trap teams.

There is no need to explain Mega Gengar's purpose, but Whimsicott provides excellent synergy. The capability to Taunt Thundurus is one thing, but providing Encore in addition to Mega Gengar's Disable is undoubtedly very useful. Also, Gothitelle provides other niche purpose besides Shadow Tag; that is the capability to maintain the team durability. Examples include using Reflect (w/ Hitmontop's or Scrafty's Intimidate), Light Screen (w/ Scrafty's Snarl), Trick Room (w/ Amoonguss's Spore), and even Skill Swap. 0_0

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
EVs: 216 HP / 24 Def / 32 SpA / 4 SpD / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Perish Song
- Disable
- Protect

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Taunt
- Moonblast
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room / Skill Swap / Reflect / Light Screen
- Psychic
- Heal Pulse
- Protect
That core and those specific EV spreads and the items and the movesets and the order of the moves on the movesets look kinda familiar. Just a thought.

Level 51, the analyzation was based off Nugget Bridge, Cyberqwert, and your Perish Team. The core, the items, and the movesets were all basically the same. Nevertheless, I guess I liked your EV spread the best when testing all of y'all's teams. Credits to you Level 51.

There needs to be a fast gardevoir core or two, and I think this core is a great place to start. The offensive synergy between hydreigon and gard is obvious and awesome, so I wont go much into it. Both hydreigon and gengar help gard with speed control. Gengar really helps with matchups defensively, most notably with its great kang lando anti-lead matchup. Just a solid, reasonably fast offensive core with good synergy and tons of utility.

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psychic
- Encore
- Protect

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Tailwind
- Protect

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Icy Wind

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)