Double Team, OHKO, Wobbuffet

Which one would you like to be allowed (for a while)?

• Double Team

Votes: 42 24.1%
  • Double Team (but not with Baton Pass)

Votes: 47 27.0%
  • OHKO

Votes: 71 40.8%
  • Wobbuffet

Votes: 95 54.6%
  • None of the above

Votes: 41 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Voted 'none of the above'

I'm pretty sure that even if we get to test these things, they will most likely get banned. The only thing that has a chance is wobba, but given that it most likely has at least one guaranteed kill makes me think it'll still be considered uber, despite Beautiful skin and some CB'ers being able to damage it seriously

Anyway, I voted Double Team sans Baton Pass and OHKO. OHKOs are mostly on dumb Pokemon except for things like Lapras and Articuno, both of which will be Stealth Rock nerfed to hell. It's also going to miss nearly all the freaking time while you could've been doing something else. Double Team without Baton Pass, as pointed out by Hipmonlee's thread, is simply not going to work because it hurts your versatility, power or stability too much to be really effective.
He really said it all in this post.

Matt

Maybe monads might not matter
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
In after Phuquoph's ad hominem attack on people who disagree with him???

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think DT and BP should be banned. Even if you only pass 1 DT there is a good chance of an unfair sweep. Although I voted for DT without Batton Pass I'm still on the fence and believe it should just be banned because pokemon battling exists on battle strategy, team building, prediction, luck and EV, IV, and nature training ingame. With DT battle strategy and team building could mean nothing and the battle will be goverened by luck.

Hey guys, guess what? It's testing. Anything that is detrimental will be removed, period. I'm not seeing the issue, especially considering that there are very mixed opinions flying around.

I think I voted for everything but DT w/ Baton Pass, but changed my mind mid-click so I'm not sure what it registered. >_>

i voted for all (except BP clause on the Evasion) and a big reason for that is the new and improved Taunt. Taunt can ruin an annoying Umbreon or Wobbuffet or really a lot of Evaders, and as for OHKOs, while i agree with Misty that they may cut down popular pokes like Bliss and Crecelia, i simply dont think that they'll be used all that much. Lastly, this is kind of just a pet peeve of mine, but can you please stop calling evasion moves "Double Team?" the way many of you have been phrasing it, it seems like you might even be okay with Minimize (which im nearly sure is not the case).

a bit surprised at how many voted for Wob. although i voted for it as well, imo Wobs is the biggest risk of these (other than Evasion Baton Pass)

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i voted for all (except BP clause on the Evasion) and a big reason for that is the new and improved Taunt. Taunt can ruin an annoying Umbreon or Wobbuffet or really a lot of Evaders, and as for OHKOs, while i agree with Misty that they may cut down popular pokes like Bliss and Crecelia, i simply dont think that they'll be used all that much. Lastly, this is kind of just a pet peeve of mine, but can you please stop calling evasion moves "Double Team?" the way many of you have been phrasing it, it seems like you might even be okay with Minimize (which im nearly sure is not the case).

a bit surprised at how many voted for Wob. although i voted for it as well, imo Wobs is the biggest risk of these (other than Evasion Baton Pass)
Minimize is on only 6 fully evolved pokemon and generally on pokemon with better things to do, such as Muk, Blissey, and Starmie. The only real exception is Clefable, which gets Cosmic Power to make the point moot. Drifblim is the only new thing to get it, and I honestly don't see it getting much play on Cloud Hat Balloon either.

All Double Team's votes can be factored into Double Team sans Baton Pass's due merely because the latter is a more specialized version. Thus, one can presume that those that voted for Double Team would not be rabidly against a DT + BP ban.

I think that if there is a testing period for DT, Wobbuffet, and OHKO's it should be done some time after D/P comes out in the US and Competitor rolls on in.

Voted for DT without Baton Pass. Although it would be fun to see Manaphy steal DT's.

All Double Team's votes can be factored into Double Team sans Baton Pass's due merely because the latter is a more specialized version. Thus, one can presume that those that voted for Double Team would not be rabidly against a DT + BP ban.

I think they would. There is a whole world of difference between sacrificing a moveslot to accomodate DT, and passing DT to a poke that didn't have to sacrifice a moveslot.

Yet, at the same time, the split draws votes away from each other. Generally, a person will vote for either Double Team with Baton Pass or Double Team without Baton Pass. In this type of poll, where a user can select any number of choices, this means that, by default, the Double Team choices will select fewer votes. I voted for testing with Double Team without Baton Pass. Another person might want no restrictions on the move. Yet we're both wanting Double Team to be tested.

Since Wobbuffet is doing so well in the poll, I have a question for those of you who have already planned teams for DP.

If Wobbuffet is allowed, will you drastically change your teams to deal with him or simply ignore him and hope for the best?

I voted for them all. im not worried about DT with or without BP. its not that bad of a problem and most of all you can still smack the opponet while they use it(if it hits),as long as competitor desnt turn out to have a bad (Hax) chance problem it should be fine.Wobbu is no hard problem eather,it can counter physical r special moves but it takes good prediction. also there are alot of super powerd pkmn this time around,ttar and mence only get better as they can dd and juts nail it with the strongest physical atk(crunch for stab on ttar,Dragon claw for mence),now if wobbu ever got taunt then wed be in trouble

Wobbu's one of those easy-to-use pokemon... encore, if it's an attack kill them, if not switch and laugh because they're stuck doing whatever.

Though for that second option... other than CB/S or AG, how many pokemon are built with no non-attacking options? You've got toxic and protect and rest and spikes and whatever on lots of pokes, or you can stat-up and know you'll have to switch in a turn anyways... wobbuffet has a hard time killing stuff if you play it like that, it just keeps giving them free switches as long as it's alive. As for CBers... wobb's not switching in unless it wants to get hit by 2 CB'd attacks, and thus your initial attack will probably have maimed or killed the target for wobb to come in.

Since Wobbuffet is doing so well in the poll, I have a question for those of you who have already planned teams for DP.

If Wobbuffet is allowed, will you drastically change your teams to deal with him or simply ignore him and hope for the best?
I would simply ignore him.

I would probably abuse the hell out of U-turn, though I'm probably going to do that anyway.
Yes, isn't the addition of U-turn going to be quite a blow on Wobbuffet? I'm not sure of the mechanics, but won't it allow pokes to escape Shadow Tag, dealing SE damage in the process, and switching to something with Toxic or whatever? If so I'm more than willing to give Wobba another chance (and probably even if not).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)