DOU Doubles Classic I - BW Cup Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin

Welcome to the inaugural Doubles Classic! The commencement thread for this tour can be found here, with details on scoring and the playoffs that will follow the conclusion of these three cups.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard BW Doubles OU tournament. (see the BW DOU metagame thread for various resources)
  • This tournament will be Single Elimination.
  • Rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. Only games shown in a replay will be counted.
  • If you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from a TD / the other Doubles Classic hosts. Coin flips will be done on PS!
PLAY RESTRICTIONS
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Evasion Abilities Clause: Players cannot use a Pokemon with the Sand Veil or Snow Cloak Ability.
  • Evasion Moves Clause: Players cannot use the moves Double Team or Minimize.
  • Moody Clause: Players cannot use a Pokemon with the Moody Ability.
  • OHKO Clause: Players cannot use the moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure.
  • Sleep Clause: Players cannot put two Pokemon on the opposing team to sleep.
  • Species Clause: Players cannot use two Pokemon with the same Pokedex number on the same team.
  • Swagger Clause: Players cannot use the move Swagger.
POKEMON RESTRICTIONS
Players cannot use the following Pokemon:
  • Mewtwo
  • Lugia
  • Ho-Oh
  • Kyogre
  • Groudon
  • Rayquaza
  • Jirachi
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Giratina
  • Giratina-Origin
  • Arceus
  • Reshiram
  • Zekrom
  • Kyurem-White
MOVE RESTRICTIONS
In addition to the moves restricted in the above clauses, players cannot use the following moves:
  • Dark Void
  • Gravity
ITEM RESTRICTIONS
Players cannot use the following item:
  • Soul Dew
HOW TO SCHEDULE

We received 70 total signups for BW Cup. By Smogon tournament convention, to make a nice bracket of 64 players, 6 players will be relegated to substitutes and will be subbed in should activity concerns arise early in the first round. The first 5/8 of 64 are locked in and cannot be made substitutes (64*5/8 = 40), which means the remaining 3/8 (64 * 3/8 = 24) slots will be determined via lottery from the remaining signups, with six players relegated as substitutes. Choices were randomly generated on Pokemon Showdown:

&DaWoblefet: .js Math.floor(Math.random() * (24 + 6)) + 40
BoTTT III: 55
BoTTT III: 46
BoTTT III: 62
BoTTT III: 63
BoTTT III: 69
BoTTT III: 44

Therefore, players Arcticblast, Demantoid, qsns, mc56556, tennisace, and zikam as the 55th, 46th, 62nd, 63rd, 69th, and 44th players to sign up, respectively, will be held as substitutes for the first round. If you did not sign up initially but also wish to play, you may have a chance to do so by typing in as sub in this thread, where priority to substitutes will be given on a first come, first served basis. I will be checking for activity to determine substitutes on Thursday, June 18th by 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT-4), so please have contact established by then, or you risk your slot in BW Cup being taken by another player waiting to play.

Current priority for subs:
DONE

PAIRINGS

Luisin
vs. Miss Novelist
Sunrose vs. Spurrific
Stratos vs. DaAwesomeDude1
Mizuhime vs. KW
Z strats
vs. London13
marilli vs. Givrix
hidden vs. tenzai
Arcticblast Stein's Change vs. Frania
Shadowmonstr4 vs. fespy
SMB vs. SingleThunder
Demantoid iKiQ vs. Amaranth
Lord Thorx vs. Kiichikos
m rodrigues vs. Gatubraz
Sensei Axew vs. Nido-Rus
deoxys speed
vs. Gammie87
Yellow Paint vs. Paraplegic
talkingtree
vs. Mishimono
txitxas vs. Ezrael
Yoda2798 vs. Akaru Kokuyo
adjustments vs. ToastedBunzzz02
Pwndkthnx vs. Huston qsns
papiloco vs. ron...5
Zigh vs. Decem
Sificon vs. JustKaiser JK
KyleCole vs. DLT JRL BELL
Memoric vs. MajorBowman
AuraRayquaza vs. Energy
Romus vs. shrop
umbreon098
vs. Gus2000
Roxiee vs. n1n1
MetalGro$$
vs. Everything Is Something
xzern vs. duckpond

The complete bracket may be viewed at your leisure at https://challonge.com/themonodragonbandwagon.

The deadline for round one is Sunday, June 21st at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT-4).

Last edited:

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Reminder that activity sweeps will occur tomorrow, Thursday June 18 at 11:59 PM Eastern time (GMT-4). If you have not made public contact with your opponent (Smogon wall), but have contacted them privately, e.g. via Discord or Smogon PM, you will need to let me know that you made a scheduling attempt or I will sub you out tomorrow.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
PS Admin
Activity sweep for substitutes:

Stein's Change - Stein's Change has not replied to the scheduling post frania made on Stein Change's wall on Monday. I have not received any indication from Stein's Change that the match was scheduled elsewhere, and Stein's Change has not been online since Sunday, so Stein's Change is subbed out for inactivity.

New pairing: Arcticblast vs. Frania

iKiQ - Amaranth made a scheduling post on Monday on iKiQ's wall, and despite being willing to respond to several other scheduling posts on his wall, iKiQ seemingly ignored Amaranth's scheduling post. As a result, iKiQ is subbed out for failure to reply.

New pairing: Demantoid vs. Amaranth

Lord Thorx vs. Kiichikos - neither player has made a public attempt to schedule nor informed me about private scheduling attempts. As a result, both players are subbed out.

New pairing: qsns vs. mc56556

Sificon vs. JustKaiser JK - neither player has made a public attempt to schedule nor informed me about private scheduling attempts. As a result, both players are subbed out.

New pairing: tennisace vs. zikam

Huston - Huston has not replied to the scheduling post Pwndkthnx made on Huston's wall on Monday. I have not received any indication from Huston that the match was scheduled elsewhere. Huston was last online Wednesday and so should have had sufficient opportunity to reply. Since Huston has failed to do so, Huston is subbed out for inactivity.

New pairing: Pwndkthnx vs. Eternal Spirit

I have confirmed for all other matches that communication has occurred between both players (Discord, Smogon PMs). No more substitutes will be allowed after this post.

Last edited:

Sificon

I'm not here for your entertainment
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
DaWoblefet can you ping players next time before you sub them out? Me and my opponent scheduled on discord are were supposed to play this evening but you subbed both of us out :x
I play for a lot of tours and had a busy day yesterday so I barely had time to check on smogon and thus I didn't see your message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)