Doubles Games - Won by Audiosurfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Hello, and welcome to the Doubles Games! With the new generation, there are many Pokemon which haven't been explored as much as they could be. With this challenge, you'll be forced to not only use some of them, but be creative in your teambuilding and strategies since you won't have access to your go-to Pokemon. This challenge is survival war in which the goal is to take other people's Pokemon by playing them in Doubles games. Everyone starts off with 4 Pokemon that are randomly distributed, and then aim to either collect the most Pokemon before the end of the tournament or eliminate all of their opponents. Leaderboard points and other prizes may be awarded based on performance, so be sure to bring your A game. Good luck :)

Rules
  • This will be played in the Smogon Doubles format, which is nonbank
  • Games are scheduled on #doubles, where you can challenge anyone there who is participating in the tournament to a battle
  • You cannot refuse a challenge without good reason (Ex: needing to leave is a valid reason, not feeling like it isn't).
  • When you lose all of your Pokemon, you are eliminated from the tournament.
  • If you haven't played a game in 3 days, you will also be eliminated, so stay active!
  • You may supplement your Pokemon with as many E ranked Pokemon as you so choose.
  • You may not use any Pokemon ranked D or higher which you do not possess.
  • Before you play a game, you and your opponent must name 2 Pokemon you want from each other. The winner will take the two Pokemon they named.
  • If a winner wishes to replay someone they have beaten, the loser is entitled to reject the challenge for 24 hours before they have to accept the next challenge.
  • When reporting wins or losses in this thread, be sure to also state what mons you take/lose so I can keep track of them in the OP.
  • All players and the Pokemon they possess will be displayed in a chart in the OP that will be updated regularly.
List of usable Pokemon
Audiosurfer: Granbull Meowstic-M Chandelure Haxorus Ludicolo Blastoise Garchomp Mawile Mamoswine Gastrodon Gallade Noivern Scizor Gardevoir
Lasagne21: Bisharp Chansey Abomasnow Excadrill Kangaskhan Politoed Escavalier Slowking
Ace Emerald: Espeon Toxicroak Kingdra Pinsir Banette Manectric
Nollan: Gengar Togekiss Exploud Trevenant Talonflame Tyranitar Rotom-W Gyarados
Deoxymoron:
Solace: Rotom-C Musharna Gourgeist Blaziken
youngjake93: Ninetales Sableye Hitmontop Klefki
Treecko: Hydreigon Goodra Ampharos Venusaur
Hulavuta:
Magical Magmortar: Reuniclus Aegislash Azumarill Weavile
sarysa: Shuckle Sylveon Hariyama Dusclops Zygarde Aromatisse
Level 51:
Darkmalice: Malamar Alakazam Arcanine Amoonguss Yanmega Absol Heracross Blissey Scrafty Bronzong
Lolkomori:
kingofkongs :
Jec:
Sound: Metagross Volcarona Medicham Salamence
Ultimathunder:

Last edited:
d'oh, well put me in for sub as well...

this one would've been good for me since I'm already bad at team building. :P

Last edited:

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, this has been updated with the list of Pokemon and the players they've been given out to in the OP. For teambuilding purposes, keep in mind that none of the Pokemon listed here are usable on your team. Any other Pokemon that isn't listed there and isn't listed in the viability rankings is usable for your team (outside of Xerneas, Yveltal and Mewtwo). The winner will be declared on December 13th, which is when this will end (or whenever there is only one person standing if that happens first). Good luck :)

Edit: There's now a listing of all available Pokemon in the OP

Last edited:

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
ok, added. also:
<Ultimathunder> help hula
<Hulavuta> with?
<Ultimathunder> i gotta hide from #doubles
<Ultimathunder> and audio
<Ultimathunder> he wants to challenge me
<Hulavuta> You are hiding from Audiosurfer?
<Hulavuta> I will definitely not tell Audiosurfer that you are here, then.
<Ultimathunder> da hell man
<Audiosurfer> now i should really take your mons
* Ultimathunder (Mibbit@synIRC-C19E5447.dc.dc.cox.net) has left #orangeislands

since it's day one, i'll let it slide since he didnt have a team yet. however, if it comes to my attention that you are intentionally trying to avoid matches, I won't hesitate to just give the challenger the win and let them take your pokemon. in addition, not having a team really isn't a great excuse, as you should be preparing to be challenged at anytime, which is the purpose of the tournament. So yeah, tl;dr don't john

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)