Doubles Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
You Did What!?!

With Pokemon Showdowns support of Doubles, I am proud to announce that we will also be hosting a doubles version of hackmons, that being said, there will be several changes in doubles other than the use of two pokemon at once, specifically,

Doubles Hackmons is an experiment, not a guarantee

While still acceptably high, Balanced Hackmons and Hackmons do not have the biggest userbase. As such, Doubles Hackmons will not start out with a ladder space, depending on how well it does, it may or may not be added to the ladder at a later date.

There will only be one variant of Doubles Hackmons

Due to possible issues with finding opponents frequently (see above), Doubles Hackmons will not be split into doubles hackmons and doubles balanced hackmons, instead, there will be a singular tier entitled "Doubles Hackmons".

We will be starting fresh with the banlist

Doubles is an entirely different metagame than singles in any tier, this holds as much truth, if not more, in Balanced Hackmons. As time goes on adjustments will be made to the ban-list, if you feel that something is overpowered, or have questions about doubles hackmons in general, feel free to contact me in #showdown.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
You may now post.

EDIT: Doubles Hackmons has been programmed into the system, but there will be a short wait until it uploaded to the main server.

As someone who has no hackmons experience, but has been interested in joining the metagame, this seems pretty interesting. Should we expect a lot of Telepathy/After You/Imprision abuse?

Transform Blissey + Shuckle with epic stalling set = undefeatable!
Give blissey a toxic orb, shuckle poison heal.
Shuckles set can be bide, rollout, heal order, and uproar.
The idea is, through poison heal, nothing is touching it. The moves make the most of blissey's mere 20 total PP.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
Honestly, its far to early to accurately hazard at what will and what will not be viable, everyone is going to go into the first few matches with their own idea of what will be the best. The biggest difference I see from here is the HUGE nerf doubles mechanics give to Blissey (you can't chose who Imposter copies, so you can insure your sweeper never gets copied by always attacking the pokemon across from you).

tehy

Banned deucer.
That strategy actually seems kind of bad, for just one reason-what stops me from going 2v1 on the other pokemon? I suggested a bunch of actually helpful moves in this post before i edited them out-toxic, pain split, etc, which would probably be the best options, but those leave you vulnerable to PP stall (Still the best option, however,especially with shuckle using toxic and a leppa berry). The PP stall moves mean i can set up in your face and kill everything not named blissey, then switch around or just stay in. Hazards would counteract this, except... you're probably against 2 hard-hitters with boosting moves. Oh yeah, and prankster taunt basically does you in almost entirely.

By the way, this is a tier where a deoxys-S can use beat up on any pokemon in the game, while they have the ability justified. So...yeah.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'm sorry if we got anyone's hopes up, but I'm not going to put Doubles Hackmons on the ladder until I see evidence that it's a viable metagame. For now, I'd recommend that you play Doubles Hackmons using the Doubles Custom Game option.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
Okay so, I thought I was going to have time to do this over break but, disease had other plans, and most likely the time I have left after I get better will go towards catching up on the work I missed before the end of the holidays. I intend to get to this eventually, but eventually could be a very long time from now.

That being said, I'm going to leave this open in case anyone has any questions, ideas concerning Doubles Hackmons.

canno

formerly The Reptile
This sounds extremely exciting, can't wait to use Prankster Groudon. Strong ass STAB spread moves? Yes please.

Also, interested to see how Dark Void affects the meta. Magic Bounce seems really powerful.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No one has mentioned the Transform Chansey into Shuckle with Magic Bounce tactic yet? I'm surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)