Resource Doubles OU Team Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking about doing this for some time but only now have I found the energy to post my team from invitational with a bonus world cup team. I didn't actually do that well as I would've liked in invites but I also didn't expect to be there so all things considered it was epic. I also put in a fair amount of time to building, especially for Jon, and I think a couple of gems came out of it.

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Thousand Waves
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Tail

Nihilego @ Power Herb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Meteor Beam
- Protect

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 240 HP / 44 SpA / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Substitute

Incineroar @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 96 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Tsareena (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 240 HP / 28 Atk / 16 Def / 40 SpD / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Triple Axel
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
I build this about 6 hours before my game vs Dragonwhale. I had done some scouting of his replays and all the stuff there was quite crazy and I had no idea how to handle it, I also didn't have any good teams to hand. The idea was to just create a strong offensive pin of sorts with spread Band TArrows and Nihilegos OHKO move and just build to get these two on the field at the same time in ideal conditions. Tsareena was the first addition to check opposing Zygarde and also block Fake Out because I wanted to click the epic moves freely. Incin Zapdos was next to set TW and also Fake Out for strong moves/setting TW or getting the gamers in. They also are my Kartana checks and Incin + Aegislash is how I don't instantly lose to TR. I really like Boots Incin but unfortunately Amoong would've been a huge problem otherwise, and I was a huge fan of Sitrus Zap because it can take a lot of hits and berry back up to take another. This isn't so bad with Tsareena being able to spin away rocks. Aegislash was added last to deal with Kyub and also because Dwhale liked ghost types a lot. A free sub against any of those is really annoying to deal with for him and it showed in the game where Aegislash went absolutely crazy. Its fast enough to outspeed Dragapult in TW and to get ahead of most other Aegislash. This team probably sucks now but its a lot of fun to whack out on the ladder occasionally now, clicking strong moves is fun and reminds me of how I liked to use Zard Y in SM.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 244 HP / 16 SpA / 64 SpD / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Defog
- U-turn

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 16 HP / 40 Def / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 28 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Foul Play
- Sludge Bomb

Heatran @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Protect

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Aqua Jet

Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 23 Spe
- Trick Room
- Expanding Force
- Earth Power
- Protect
This was definitely the team I put the most time into refining and probably the best team I've come up with in this format. The inspiration came from a combination of the team Frania used in WCOP pools (with Diancie Genesect and Volcanion) and DaWoblefet messaging me out of the blue one day asking why no one had used Expanding Force Necrozma - I couldn't actually give him an answer so I tried it myself. There are a load of nice synergies here so I'll just go into a few of the things the team can do. Lando Necrozma can support the TR set, but also side U-turn into Lele to get instant +2 Expanding Forces in terrain, its Scarf to be a check to Nihilego. Amoonguss can also redirect to set TR, but also side Foul Play to activate WP that way, it also checks Kartana and stops them from getting easy subs. The ability to Spore is made easier by Lele obviously, but something neat you can do is Defog opposing misty terrain away to get some unexpected sleeps off, it used to be SR but the team plays so aggressively and quickly that setting rocks with scarf Lando feels like a huge waste of time compared to removing terrains/opposing hazards. Urshifu is there for Incin and Kyub mainly, but its such an amazing breaker in general and I love leading with it and just clicking Surging Strikes a few times until it faints - with Psychic Terrain, Rillaboom and Fake Out struggle to slow it down. Amoonguss is awesome and I find myself clicking Spore maybe 4 or 5 times a game sometimes, not sure what the spread does its a Paraplegic one that just never seems to die. Necrozmas speed IVs are lowered because in testing I liked it being slower than Heatran (and faster under TR). I could go on forever about this team its a lot of fun, glad I got to show it off nicely in invites.

Zygarde @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect

Mew @ Power Herb
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Meteor Beam

Incineroar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 96 SpD / 108 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic
- Parting Shot

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 124 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Pollen Puff

Kartana @ White Herb
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Protect
I think I saw Z Strats mention NP Mew in the DOU Discord once and I thought it was epic so decided to try it. Originally was gonna go with Flamethrower last but then I couldn't think of the right item to give it, so I just said 'Mew doesn't need an item' and went with Power Herb Meteor Beam, and it was actually super good and made a lot of sense in the context of the team. Particularly being a snipe on stuff like Volcanion Incin and Kyub. I would definitely recommend setting a NP before clicking it tho, the move is still kinda weak. There's not much else special about the team, I just went with simple stuff that could mask the Mew set and not make NP obvious. It looks like Paraplegics sample team but I don't like Metagross and am a big fan of Kartana/Tailwinding for easier setups with the three potential sweepers. I like having so much setup because you can almost stream threats at the opponent until one sticks (i.e. using a NP mew attack to force a Zygarde DD/Sub, then clicking TArrows and forcing a Fini CM to finish the game off). I usually just lead Amoonguss and let it spore stuff before I have to switch Fini in. I am very happy that in my set vs Jon I was able to prank his Kyurem with Mew and clean with Zygarde as a result, but his team sucked and Mew hit a blessed MU overall.

I thought I had more teams but looking at my builder all of them are either not mine, suck or were deleted after I lost with them ._. So consider this a bonus episode.

Mew @ Adrenaline Orb
EVs: 216 HP / 40 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Taunt

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Bulletproof
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Clangorous Soul
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Rillaboom @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 56 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn

Nihilego @ Power Herb
EVs: 48 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Meteor Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Kartana @ White Herb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Thousand Waves
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower

Last edited:
This is my first team submission.
TLDR: It does very well considering I came up with it all based around galarian-slowking's ability strange medicine allowing teammates to reset their stats after using stat draining moves like leafstorm, V-create, etc. Basically, it is an unpredictable hyper offense team capable of disrupting tailwind with fake out and trick room with galarian-slowkings own trickroom. Can also break screens with Incineroar's brick break. Powerspot and victory star have great team synergy as well as with each other and can be great leads to break any walls, get early KO's with unexpected choice scarf rush.

Stonjourner:
-hyper offense moveset coupled with choice scarf means it will almost always go first and snag an easy chunk or KO from anything it hits
-allied offense support with powerspot so you can switch it in to buff an allies move (especially helpful on spread moves)
-weak spdef means that switching it out to slowing who is a spdef wall can be an easy read
-physical wall to anything not supereffective
-superpower's effects can be reset with slowking
-rock slide with speed can give flinch chances on both opponents
-heavy slam to deal with annoying fairies like sylveon, diance, and haterne (killing potential trick room setters)
-heat crash hasn't been super useful so if you think there's a better alternative I'm all ears

Victini
-hyper offense with speed support in galaciate can ensure Stonjourne can knockout speedy threats like accelgor before they can even attack
-powerspot and victory star ensure your moves always hit with an extra bit of power (great lead if you are unsure or need to kill something ASAP)
-v create is amazing when you can bring in slowing to reset the stat drop
-other moves are solid coverage from potential threats
-originally had u turn but found that galaciate could sabotage speedy threats, cripple tailwind teams, and break sashes to be finished off by ally

Slowking
-centerpiece of the team so try and keep him alive at all cost as his ability resets stat drops
-muddy water for support and enemy accuracy drops
-trick room to reset enemy trick rooms (good lead against trick room teams)
-psych up to copy clangorous soul, quiver dance, and other setups like contrary malamar superpower (could switch with skill swap since slowkings ability is only useful on switch in and forcing enemies to stat reset while taking their ability could be more useful)
-slackoff to help keep it alive throughout the battle or to stall trickroom
-red card can (warning: sometimes you get an even worse matchup when used so be careful or use another item like black sludge)

Mew
-leaf storm and overheat are unpredictable good coverage moves that can be reset by slowking
-fake-out to prevent setups, threats using KO moves, to stall, other slower fake out users like Rillaboom, or tailwind setters
-future sight is a niche move since it gets around protect and hits even if mew dies (beware of dark types or use it against them by using on the dark types to outplay their prediction & beware that it is based on mews current spatk so switch it ut or slowing in if it will hit with any spatk penalty)
-synchronize against stall teams and toxic/hypnosis users
-good switch in as it can take almost any non-super-effective hit and fake out after

Kyurem
-freeze-dry kills walls and nuisances like gastrodon, milotic, and dracofish
-galaciate slows both enemies allowing allies to KO also has good power
-adrenaline orb allows you to outspeed threats like landorous T
-draco meteor can be reset by slowing and hits like a truck with powerspot
-earth power kills common threats like heatran, stackattaka, etc.

Incineroar
-intimidate is super useful for white herb shell smashers and offensive threats
-fake out is good for the same reasons as mew albeit incineroar is slower so keep that in mind
-knock off solid stab move against almost anything removing their items
-u turn is helpful to avoid slow attacks or bring in slowing to reset allies
-brick break is useful against screens
-assault vest with max health helps keep it alive and turn it into a good wall

Stonjourner @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Power Spot
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Heat Crash
- Heavy Slam

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- Glaciate

Slowking-Galar @ Red Card
Ability: Curious Medicine
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psych Up
- Trick Room
- Muddy Water
- Slack Off

Mew @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Overheat
- Leaf Storm
- Future Sight
- Fake Out

Kyurem @ Adrenaline Orb
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Freeze-Dry
- Glaciate
- Earth Power

Incineroar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Fake Out
- Brick Break
- U-turn

Here's a team that I've been using recently and have reached #5 on the ladder with. It's been quite reliable and is one of my top teams at the moment. It has a neat gimmick (Fling + WP) which is actually pretty good, but there is also a version without it if that's not your style.
I decided to take the fling strat a step further, and here's what I did.

First, i swapped out dragapult for swoobat, which has simple, giving it +4 off the wp.
and second, i gave whimsicott a petaya berry to boost spA further.
Combined, this instantly gives swoobat +6 SpA and +4 Atk, making stored power Base 220. I gave swoobat endure so it would live the full turn, along with giga drain to restore its HP.

Here are the sets if you're curious

Cottonball (Whimsicott) @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Fling
- Tailwind
- Taunt

The berry can be swapped out if you would rather raise a different stat.

STATS (Swoobat) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Simple
Timid Nature
- Endure (Guarantees that Swoobat lives the turn it gets boosted, since it'd suck for those boosts to go to waste. also, you can still hit it, unlike with protect)
- Stored Power (220 Base Power at +6 SpA and +4 Atk, using anything else is just stupid)
- Air Cutter (Multi-target that only hits the opponents, a great thing to have on any doubles team)
- Giga Drain (If Endure leaves you at 1hp, Giga Drain lets you recover and stay in)

Is it gimmicky? Absolutely.
Is it fun to use? Y E S.

Last edited:
Hello. I've been very casually playing randbats for a couple years now, then a few months ago I ventured upon the world of Doubles OU. This is my first time on the forum, as well as my first time making my own team. So far this team brought me to my first time on the 1600 ladder, so I thought it might be beginner friendly and good enough to post. The team is inspired by posts on this very thread, from Memoric (nasty plot spectrier/blastoist), n1n1 (weakness policy diance/sand) and emma (trick room spore).

I have named it "Snowball Redirect" because the main strategy is for Follow Me Blastoise to absorb damage away from Nasty Plot Spectrier while it snowballs, while Amoongus does the same for Diance using Rage Powder, as well as Spore if Trick Room is up

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect
Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Atk / 72 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 120 Def / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Pollen Puff
- Protect
Blastoise @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 112 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Fake Out
- Follow Me
- Life Dew
- Toxic
Spectrier @ Life Orb
Ability: Grim Neigh
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Mud Shot
- Nasty Plot
- Protect

This team gives you two chances to snowball and sweep, one by Trick Room Spore + Diance and one by Follow Me Blastoise + Spectrier.

Diance's Diamond Storm inflicts serious splash damage (especially if you trigger weakness policy) and also snowballs its defense which can later be used for Body Press. Sand is necessary to raise special defense. Prudent use of protect between switches is key. You will need to keep track of Physical vs Special distinctions a lot more than usual here, as it can mean the difference between getting knocked out in one hit vs. being an unstoppable weakness-policy boosted monster.
The ideal scenario is you get trick room up while simultaneously activating weakness policy while in sand, and quickly knocking out or sporing half of the opposing team before they get a chance to attack. By now your defense is boosted, so set up a second trick room under the cover of Rage Powder, heal up with Pollen Puff, restart the sand if necessary and do it all again.
The weakest aspect of Diance in this team is that she has to set up her own trick room prior to snow-balling, and is easily killed during that process.

Tyranitar's main role is to use Sand Stream to boost Diance's special defense, though you can also use Earthquake to trigger Diance's Weakness Policy in a pinch. Cancel enemy setup sweepers, snowballs, and pesky type matchups with Dragon Tail. Sand Stream is also important for cancelling out rain/sun/hail. If you find yourself switching frequently for weather control, consider using Amoonguss for the pivot to take advantage of Regenerator. Rock slide works better once you have Trick Room up so you can get some flinching in.

Spectrier's Nasty plot+ Grim Neigh creates a snowballing special attack. Shadow ball is your bread and butter, while Mud shot is necessary for common threats such as Incineroar and some of Diance's Steel and Poison based counters. Spectrier is a fast glass canon. If you don't protect it with Rage Powder, Follow Me, or Fake Out it will die very quickly. Do not bring out Spectrier during Trick room. It's usually paired with Blastoise, and quite simple to use, good for beginners. The ideal scenario here is that you get a Nasty Plot in early and then just keep snowballing while Blastoise or Amoonguss takes all your damage for you.

Amoonguss and Blastoise don't really do damage, but they are the core of this team. They both play very similar support roles.
-Rage Powder and Follow Me both redirect attacks and you can use them to defend your snowballing Spectrier or Diance. You can use these guys consecutively and to let one snowballer get really huge, or you can use them separately and get two very fair shots at snowballing. You can also use them to keep Genesect on the field longer, or to give Tyranitar a chance to hit anything that has gotten too powerful with Dragon Tail. These moves comes in clutch when Diance really needs to set up a second trick room. The main counters are fake out and splash damage.
- Spore + Trick Room is obviously really powerful if you can get it set up and combine it with Diamond Storms. Fake Out can play a sort of similar role in a pinch but it's a bit risky if you're unsure whether you can knock out the other one, and you want to be careful not to stall too much or trick room will end.
-Note that Life Dew is not blocked by your ally's protect, whereas Pollen Puff is not blocked by your opponent's Taunt, so you can almost always heal if you really need to. Diance especially loves getting healed because she tends to take more damage early whilst setting up Trick Room and activating Weakness Policy, but later on as Diamond Storm starts snowballing defense she gets much sturdier and that hp goes a lot farther now.
-Beware that there's several ways to counter both these support pokemon simultanously. Grass opponents such as Rillaboom and Tsareena are immune to Spore and Rage Powder and have a type advantage against Blastoise. Plus, they can use Grassy Glide to overcome Trick Room, though at least they do trigger weakness policy. Tsareena also has Queenly Majesty, which (like psychic terrain) blocks Fake Out. Ideally you can snipe any big bad grassy guys using Genesect before they become a problem. Additionally, Electric (or misty) terrain will disable Spore as well as Electric having a type advantage against Blastoise, although this isn't as big of an issue since rage powder still works fine.
-Protect / Toxic are sort of optional, I've been considering swapping them in with something that would trigger weakness policy without doing as much damage as Earthquake. (UPDATE: I've swapped them out with Absorb and Iron Defense, re-spec Blastoise to be specially defensive if you do this)
-You can sort of pair Amoonguss and Blastoise to effectively put opponents to sleep, or to do toxic and heal-stall, though that doesn't usually come up. Combining Spore and Dragon Tail can be a risky but fun way to put a whole team to sleep.

Genesect is a fast sniper whose job is to rid of Grass, Steel, and Ground threats that the others can't handle. It pairs quite well with the support mons, but can usually take two or more hits without support as long as you keep it far away from fire. Avoiding fire should be easy considering the rest of your team. You can also pair it with a snowballed Spectrier and go the "knock both oppoonents out before they can attack" route. As a beginner I find using the Download boost correctly to be quite tricky to be honest, but it's really helpful when it works out. Activating SpA is usually better unless you're trying to switch out. Regardless of which way download goes you can get strong hits on grass.

This is a Choice Scarfer that generally uses a different move for each opponent, so unless you're using U-turn, you must also plan for the part where you switch out. You don’t' want to let Genesect just sit there using non-super-effective moves. (and if you're not sure what to switch to, again remember that Amoongus has Regenerator). To minimize switching, you need to plan ahead a bit on type advantage you lock into Choice Scarf, not just focus on what is in front of you (for example if your opponent's team has a Grass and a Ground and a Flying use Ice Beam, but if they have Grass and Steel use Flamethrower.)

Counters: Grass, Steel, Splash damage, well timed flinches, and teams that set up super-fast (For example the 1 turn Beat up/Justified setup opponents can end up using your trick room or nasty plot as setup fodder, it's hard to stop it without prediction)

Potential modifications: It would be great to someone other than Diance to set up trick room. I have also been experimenting a bit with adding a Grassy or Psychic Terrain element onto the trick roomer and then using SpD boosting terrain seeds on the damage absorbers, but nothing has stabilized yet.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
releasing the slowking team to the public cause its fun af

calc dump I spent 40 minutes on
https://pastebin.com/zAeeqMQ3

:slowking-galar: :diancie: :landorus-therian: :rillaboom: :dragapult: :volcarona:
Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 124 SpA / 80 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Psyshock
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Diancie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Atk / 52 Def / 116 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Protect
- Diamond Storm
- Trick Room
- Body Press

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 136 SpA / 28 SpD / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
EVs: 188 HP / 116 Atk / 60 SpD / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Drum Beating
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Modest Nature
- U-turn
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 72 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rage Powder
- Bug Buzz
- Tailwind
- Fiery Dance

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor
Seasonals Team Dump

EVs: 252 HP / 156 Atk / 100 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail
- Ice Punch

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Substitute
- Protect

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
EVs: 196 HP / 252 Atk / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Stratos Salamence (Salamence) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 204 HP / 124 Def / 20 SpA / 124 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Tailwind
- Air Slash
- Draco Meteor
- Protect
I updated some of the EVs
see here for old team and description

The teams below are counter teams for specific opponents.

W - Round 2 vs Human - Trick Room Pheromosa

Pheromosa @ Silver Powder
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Speed Swap
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Protect

Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tsareena @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 4 Def / 92 SpD
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- U-turn
- Triple Axel
- Feint

Stratos Sun (Torkoal) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Drought
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Bulldoze
- Solar Beam

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 16 SpA / 152 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Trick Room

Celesteela @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 104 SpA / 48 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect
See here

W - Round 4 vs JRL - Double Scarf TailRoom with Spider

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn

Adamant Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 144 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Araquanid @ Figy Berry
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 Def
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Leech Life
- Wide Guard
- Protect
I noticed JRL was using Rillaboom + Genesect a lot which I why I have scarf Dragonpult and Heatran, he ended up brings those mons as anticipated. I also like Scarf Pult because it can out run Kingdra in the rain and hit zygrade through sub, those were 2 other things I was concerned about.
Otherwise I added fairly standard stuff including TailRoom which I think it amazing.

W - Round 6 vs iNoLife - Standard TailRoom

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

Impish Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tsareena (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 88 HP / 244 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- U-turn
- Triple Axel
- Feint

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 216 HP / 56 Def / 156 SpD / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 24 Def / 36 SpA / 28 SpD / 164 Spe
- Icy Wind
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost
This player had a pretty good run through seasonals with standard teams. But we saw weaknesses in his speed control, not using TW or TR much at all. So I brought both to control the game depending on the match up. He also seemed weak to Kyurem, in hindsight I would not use this exact kyurem set again but it is pretty nifty. I think it comes from sunrose but I replaced seed with berry since I have no terrain.

W - Round 8 vs The Bandit - Not a Diance Team

Hippowdon @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- High Horsepower
- Whirlwind

Incineroar @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 64 Def / 152 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 40 SpA / 148 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Surf
- Heal Pulse
- Protect
- Moonblast

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 4 SpA / 108 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ancient Power
- Stockpile
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Dracozolt @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 148 Atk / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Bolt Beak
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Bronzong @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Ally Switch
This team is really 2 stolen teams merged together. First I took SMB/Zikam's team of Surf Fini/Cradilly/Hippo and merged it with iRKD's Dracozolt. Both teams are really cool on their own, but I like modifying and using my own creations. I added Bronzong for Trick Room speed control support since relying on Zolt did not seem smart enough. Also I went with Ally Switch as a cheap way to support all these shit mons.

I didnt expect to use this team. I had another team I expected to bring vs The Bandit, but said screw it, this team is super cool and I made top 16 already so lets go out in style. I think this had decent match up versus Aray Pyschic and Rain (he brought) which helped me be comfortable in using it against him though.

L - Round 10 vs Arayquaza - Volc and Cress Setup Trick Room

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder

Cresselia @ Electric Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Psycho Shift
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Atk / 36 Def / 72 SpA / 108 SpD / 28 Spe
Docile Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Tapu Koko @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SpA / 108 SpD / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Stakataka @ Shuca Berry
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Slide
- Wide Guard

Gastrodon @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 176 Def / 48 SpA / 52 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 20 Spe
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover
Here is the first different team that lost. I though I would have have a good match up versus what he was using but it really didnt against his teams. This team did decent in practice games except versus Incin and from the games versus him it did bad against Kart and Body Press Kommo. I still think this is pretty interesting team but with some very bad match ups.

W - Round 11 vs Duckpond - Marowak and Double Grassy Seed

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rock Slide
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Wood Hammer
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Muddy Water
- Icy Wind

Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flame Charge
- Bonemerang
- Poltergeist
- Protect

Togekiss @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Air Slash
- Life Dew
- Follow Me
- Tailwind

Latias (F) @ Grassy Seed
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Mystical Fire
- Roost
I was going to sleep after trying to come up with a CT to Aray Pyschic (or variation of it) which was giving me problems. I went to bed and thought of Ttar (pyschic immune), Fini (prevents spore, good match up in general), Rilla (disrupts pyschic terrain, checks urshifu), Marowak (redirects Tbolt and has very stong match up with speed control), and Togekiss (another Urshifu check and TW support). I got up and build it so not to forget. Over the next 2 days I refined the sets and added Latias.

I made TTar special scarf to catch Kartanas and Zygrades which stay in vs Ttar. Rilla is very fast to out run heatran. And Latias has aslightly better match up in this case due to Dragon Typing. I also liked it because I only need 2 CMs to do a ton of damage thanks to its higher SpA. Also I liked to have Mystical Fire because there are sometimes you dont want to sit around setting up like versus Lele, I would rather just hit it with mystical fire.

He brought the team I prepared for. I was able to set up early and win.

L - Round 12 vs Shadowmonster - Volcarona TrickRoom

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Docile Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Gastrodon @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 28 SpA / 60 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 20 Spe
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Recover

Landorus-Therian @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Trick Room

Tapu Koko @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 60 SpA / 108 SpD / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Light Screen
- Reflect
This is an improvement off of the previous Volcarona team and a counter team to that Moltres team. Unfortunartely I got Crit'ed hard through light screen on turn 1. Volcarona + Gastrodon went 0-3 for me but I still believe in this core. It can be very dangerous.

Teams I built (mostly CT) but didnt use

Rain v1

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 216 HP / 72 Def / 164 SpA / 56 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ally Switch
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Politoed @ Eject Button
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 240 HP / 184 Def / 8 SpA / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Protect

Zapdos @ Psychic Seed
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Roost

Kartana @ Figy Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpD / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Protect

Rain v2

Kingdra @ Life Orb
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ally Switch
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Politoed @ Eject Button
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Toxic

Zapdos @ Psychic Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 144 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Roost

Ludicolo @ Assault Vest
Modest Nature
- Fake Out
- Muddy Water
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam

Rain v3

Oranguru @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick Room
- Instruct
- Psychic
- Ally Switch

Politoed @ Eject Button
Bold Nature
- Helping Hand
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Toxic

Kingdra @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 88 Def / 188 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Clear Smog
- Pollen Puff

Glastrier @ Leftovers
Ability: Chilling Neigh
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- High Horsepower
- Icicle Crash
- Substitute
- Protect

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Calm Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Tailwind
- Roost

Toxapex

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

Docile Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 56 Def / 156 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 18 Spe
- Toxic Spikes
- Venoshock
- Scald
- Wide Guard

Zapdos-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Quiet Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Trick Room

Hail
/

Dragapult @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn

Ninetales-Alola @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 200 Def / 56 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Moonblast

Arctovish @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Icicle Crash
- Super Fang
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Eruption
- Flash Cannon

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

/

Zeraora @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Helping Hand
- Blaze Kick

Shit Room

Runerigus @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Wandering Spirit
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Phantom Force
- Ally Switch

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Pollen Puff
- Protect

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Relaxed Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Dazzling Gleam
- Trick Room
- Protect

Docile Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Registeel @ Safety Goggles
Sassy Nature
- Iron Defense
- Toxic
- Body Press
- Rest

Vest Weezing

Weezing-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 184 SpA / 32 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Strange Steam
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 24 Def / 36 SpA / 28 SpD / 164 Spe
- Icy Wind
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Tapu Lele @ Sitrus Berry
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Ally Switch
- Protect

Kartana @ Figy Berry
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpD / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Protect

Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Vest Escavalier

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

Escavalier @ Assault Vest
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Megahorn
- Drill Run
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Venoshock
- Scald
- Wide Guard

Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Impish Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect

Docile Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Icy Wind
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Thanks to everyone who helped me test, practice, build, give advice. All this added up to my success this seasonal. I am probably forgetting some people, basically anyone who did a fun fight with me over the past 2 months, shrop, Sunrose , JRL , Tenzai , Voltix , Karnisbroke , RKD , spx1 , emma , The_Bandit , Yoda2798 , qsns , fespy , sawamura , SMB , Serious Bizness , Drivetacos, AuraRayquaza

Last edited:
Unfortunately this team has gotten leaked, and since I’ve seen a ton of doubles ladder tour players using it, I figured it was time to post it here for everyone to have.

Expanding Force Redirection:
:heatran: :Urshifu: :Necrozma: :Amoonguss: :Kartana: :Indeedee-f:
https://pokepast.es/d3b83ec89e6daf53

I kept seeing players at top levels using teams that had next to zero Psyspam matchup, and when I asked what they would do if they faced a Psyspam team the answer was always some version of “there’s no viable Psyspam teams, so I’m not worried about it”. I said bet.

Aurarayquaza’s team was the only one that had really been used in DLC2, but it hadn’t been seen since WCOP. I playtested it a bit, and while I loved how weak the meta was to Necrozma’s expanding force, I didn’t like relying on activating a weakness policy to get the power you really needed. I had the idea of instead using meteor beam with a power herb to get a +1 spa boost, while also being able to keep applying offensive pressure in that turn. After looking at some calcs, I decided a +1 boost was plenty, and built the team around it.

The speed tiers for this team are really important for it to function both in TR and in TW.
  • Necrozma outspeeds 331 speed Landorus in TW, while still being slower than most of the tier to take advantage of TR. It will outspeed almost all Incineroar to be able to meteor beam them turn 1, then move to set up TR once it’s eliminated.
  • Heatran outspeeds 394 speed Pokémon in TW (Spectrier most notably), but still underspeeds all the major grasses except Amoonguss.
  • Amoonguss underspeeds all the main semi-room pokemon (Lurantis, Dragalge, Diancie), but then can outspeed and spore Pokémon like Incineroar and P2 in Tailwind.

I’ve seen a couple changes that other players have made. I think the original team is the best version, but you could make an argument for the below:
  • Safety Goggles Heatran - While the team does have two grasses and a lot of opportunities to OHKO Amoonguss, a well played Amoonguss can prevent you from using TR, something the team can rely on. Safety Goggles Heatran tilts this matchup further in your favor, but the drop off in power from Charcoal is noticeable.
  • Scope Lens Kartana - This one might be better in the current meta with Intimidate and AV Kyu-b on the decline. I mostly went white herb so that AV Kyu-b can’t icy wind Kart on the switch in, preventing it from getting off a fast tailwind.
  • Sludge bomb over clear smog on Amoonguss - sludge bomb’s power increase is notable, but clear smog has a lot more utility in my opinion. It’s not like sludge bomb isn’t a 3HKO on AV Rillaboom anyway.

Last edited:
ssnl gaming, this team is probably not so hot anymore (it def didnt feel so in winners/losers final) but it basically carried me through the rest of the tour (i think it/variants went 7-1?) so here it is

Blastoise @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Follow Me
- Flip Turn
- Icy Wind

Kommo-o @ Throat Spray
Ability: Bulletproof
Timid Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Clangorous Soul
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Kartana @ Scope Lens
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

Nihilego @ Power Herb
EVs: 48 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Power Gem
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

EVs: 116 HP / 216 SpA / 176 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind

Zeraora @ Assault Vest
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Volt Switch
I wanted to try out Blastoise + Kommo-o during the Spectrier fad around invitationals time, since Kommo-o can be equally as dangerous with a clangorous soul and also had quite a good matchup specifically into Spectrier with bulletproof. It also sets up much easier on stuff like Incin Rillaboom and threatens Zygarde harder, all of which frustrate Spectrier. I looked to memos original Blastoise Spectrier team for inspiration and added Zeraora over Lando-t to help out vs Fini and Blastoise Spectrier teams themselves. Kyub was a nice touch because I had come to learn from SM that Kommo-o really loves icy wind support to expand its setup/clanging scales ranges. Similarly, I was scared that I might struggle in Kartana matchups where they can match my TW and pressure Kyub to not get easy icy winds so I added it onto Blastoise too. Its really easy to surprise the opponent with an icy wind from Blastoise or a double icy wind on a turn and really swing the speed in your favour to allow for one of your gamers to take a KO. Nihilego and Kartana round out the offense extremely nicely, just having a wide coverage spread with their attacks and threatening to end games instantly with double fake out/icy wind support. With Nihilego, Kartana, Zeraora and Kyub I haven't had issues with Fini which is nice because I don't have a Rillaboom.

Blastoise just has some speed to be able to fake out quicker than others, and is super physdef bulky to live stupid things like Kartana leaf blade and Rillaboom moves, also taking Urshifu ccs better. Kommo-o unfortunately needs to be timid to beat out Dragapult and Zeraora at +1 but its usually fine damage wise if you just want to clanging scales spam with a boost. Bulletproof was awesome for walling Spectrier/Nihilego but I did consider soundproof vs tenzai since he liked Sylveon and with Amoonguss back on the rise overcoat definitely has value. I cannot for the life of me remember what the Nihilego spread does but there was something lol. Kartana used to be white herb but scope lens is super useful for hitting Diancie through defense boosts, and just general sweeping. I didn't have so much interest in my Kyub being insanely bulky and more wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out damage wise. The spread outspeeds Kingdra (so I can icy wind a couple of times or just set TW and threaten ice beam after some chip) and also picks up the KO on Nihilego with icy wind + earth power. Volt switch on Zeraora is great for making opponents lives hard with Blastoise pivoting too, though I have considered cc.

90+% of my games I am leading Zeraora + Kyub, its so well rounded and immediately controls the opponents offense by way of icy wind and rapid fake out. I have also found that letting opponents stabilise their field can make Kyubs life so much harder, so leading with it allows you to put pressure on before that happens, and I feel it provides the most value. Some nice tricks you can do are to just hard switch Kyub into Blastoise with a fake out and have fake out + knock off t2 for opposing fake out/p2 leads, or just icy wind + volt switch to instantly get in a threat with speed control. Don't be afraid to throw out Kommo-o early and just spam clanging scales, its what I find myself doing most of the time to force the opponent to deal with it or risk taking 3/4 big spread moves. Similarly, it is quite a good idea to force the issue with one of Nihi/Kart/Kommo-o to allow one of the others more room to sweep, Kommo-o creates some dangerous pins with clanging scales to give easier beast boosts, particularly chipping Incin into sacred sword range or weakening Rillabooms for sludge bomb/crit leaf blade.

I think one of the nice things about the team is that it doesn't need to be clanger in that slot. The other 5 are so solid that I think any setup sweeper would perform really well there. I used Volcarona and Body Press ID Kommo-o during the ssnl to take wins when I felt they were useful. I also have another bonus episode with the other ssnl teams I haven't deleted :o

Politoed @ Eject Button
EVs: 208 HP / 252 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Encore

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Hydro Pump
- Hurricane
- Draco Meteor

Kartana @ White Herb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Protect

Nihilego @ Power Herb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Power Gem
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 64 HP / 232 SpA / 4 SpD / 208 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Taunt

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Foul Play
- Sludge Bomb

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 156 SpD / 84 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect
- Flamethrower

EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 4 SpA / 96 SpD / 60 Spe
Modest Nature
- Icy Wind
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower
- U-turn

Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 80 Def / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Body Press

Blastoise @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Fake Out
- Follow Me
- Flip Turn
- Roar

Z Strats

Banned deucer.
broken team I made in dpl finals for Shadow to beat shrop. Pretty sure he won every ssnl game he used it in too and I have not dropped a test game with it either.
:rillaboom: :kartana: :heatran: :zygarde: :urshifu-rapid-strike: :zeraora:
https://pokepast.es/ae0f38ef57cf9153

My thought process for this team is super straight forward I just wanted to make an offensive team around eject button rilla because I felt like it would be broken (it is). I added kart because grass spam good. I then added tran and zygarde because kart/tran/zyg is a really strong and threatening offensive core that beats almost everything. Urshifu was added because f/w/g core good and it's the only good offensive water ohking both of the main tr setters is really nice too. Lastly I added zera because I have a zera fetish but also thought a fast taunt was important for this team and another fake out can't be a bad thing, knock is needed for pult too.

EVs are literally all 252/252 because I suck at EVs and think having everything 252/252 is epic you should almost def change EVs. Tran is specs because power good and to convince Shadow to use a good team it has to not be good but epic and triple choice is super epic but you can prob change that too. Other possible changes is going LO > band on urshifu and maybe something > thousand waves on zygarde, I tried toxic out because I love toxic but on this team you just want to kill everything and toxic is a waste. I experimented with coaching on zera too which is cool but I don't think you can afford to run it over anything else.

:tapu fini: :kyurem-black: :porygon2: :heatran: :landorus-therian: :zeraora:
https://pokepast.es/ddb04a54d4539b7b

I'll post my fini p2 team too since it is what I consider the previous best team though I think it's a bit outdated with all the offense stuff running around now. I was asked to give paste and if this team could be a sample before but I'm a bitch and said no mostly because wanted to keep exact EVs unknown for dpl and other tours and because I didn't want to write a description. I still don't want to write a description for this team because it was made a while ago and there was actually thought put into this team and writing hard, though I will say I never once really felt like I wanted to change any of the sets or EVs that I currently have and think it's the best version of these 6 you can get (obv now give every mon you can a few extra speed EVs for the mirror.)

Playing in my first DLT as the last seed was a blast, regardless if I got knocked out earlier than I wanted to p; here are a couple of the teams from my folder, which I hope will be of some inspiration or as fun as it was for me to put on the battlefield!

Top 8, G2 Team vs MADARAAAA
https://pokepast.es/50557d2f583bf95e

Although Registeel did not ascend to godhood for the game, all of the pieces were in place for it to autowin in the end. Scarf #1 Mew takes out Kartana, Scarf Gene, and Urshifu-R, provides Toxic Spikes which this Registeel set needs to secure the Dragapult/Spectrier matchup, and beats out Zeraora on the Fake Out. Scarf #2 Volcanion was extra insurance if Mew wasn't able to get rid of Kartana, while being a cool surprise itself. Shoutouts to Lord Death Man for the spread/set!

Top 16, G2 Team vs Frania
https://pokepast.es/a2d80e42e234d12d
I knew at some point Rain would be brought, and my foresight was perfectly on the nose. There was discussion about T-Wave around that week, and I decided to combo Thundy-I with two Beast Boosters to start the team. The combination of Pransker Thunder Wave/Taunt/Eerie Impulse sounded fun to provide security for Nihilego and Kartana to go at it, especially if Tailwind was unable to go up. The Volcanion/Rilla combo ensured I had a team stacked against Rain, and Scrafty was for extra Fake Out/Intimidate and a bulky Pivot that wasn't weak to Water.

See you all in the circuit!

download (6).png

Meminger21

Lágrimas Ocultas
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
This is one of the teams that helped me get top 5 in the DOU ladder:
Top 5 ladder DOU SS.jpg

:Ninetales-alola: :zeraora: :Kyurem-black: :Tapu-fini: :heatran: :amoonguss:
https://pokepast.es/e929da0aee64db8e
:ninetales-alola: Her EVs are very simple, max speed, max special attack and Timid, this way she is able to set the Aurora Veil the faster as possible and cause the most damage .
:zeraora: He will mostly lead with Ninetales since he is the fastest Fake Out and can also use Electroweb to slow Kartana and other mons, so Ninetales can set the Veil. Close Combat is his coverage to weak Heatran, Kartana and Incineroar, and also kill TTars so Ninetales can get in the field, activate Snow Warning and set the veil.
:kyurem-black: Kyube is the star of the team, the goal is to use DD and destroy the opponent while resisting the hits with Aurora Veil. He also doesn't take damage from the Hail and can help him with the sweep. I prefer Magnet instead of LO in this kyube because he won't take recoil damage and can resist more attacks with the veil.
:Tapu-fini: The misty surge helps kyure since he can't get burned by heat wave or be spored by amoonguss. She is offensive with CM and standard EVs. Fini is a good pair with kyure because he can hit the grass types that would annoy fini and she is a counter of Urshifu that can't OHKO kyube in the veil.
:heatran: The team needed a fire type that would be great against Kartana and also another counter to Psyspam. While kyube kos the water types with Fusion Bolt and threatens Zygarde heatran can easily spam Eruption and Heat Wave. He has 40 of def so he can resist a CC of Urshifu (I actually forgot why I put these EVs, but it can indeed resist a CC shifu).
:amoonguss: Another counter to Urshifu and grass types, amoonguss can also redirect moves with rage powder and heal our mons (mainly kyube) with Pollen Puff. Spore doesn't work out very well with misty surge, but since Rillaboom is the most used pokemon in the tier I decided to keep it.
:zeraora: Knock Off is a good move, removing items and hitting hard Dragapult and Psychic mons.
:kyurem-black: Kyube can get a more defesive set or use Life Orb. Another option that is really unusual is Power Herb with Freeze Shock, I think this set is amazing and can guarantee some kos, but it would be used only one time and protect is a thing.
:tapu-fini: I also tried to use her more defensive with Heal Pulse and it worked out really well, it's maybe even better in this team.
:rillaboom: + :Blastoise: Instead of using fini and amoonguss you could use toise and rilla, so there would be two more Fake Out, grassy surge could help getting harder to kill our mons and Follow Me is a better redirecter. But Urshifu and Kartana would become major threats and Life Dew toise isn't really good imo.

I also used this team on Seasonals, but it lost against emma.

Last edited:
Hey! I am new to doubles. My first team of random mons turned out to be focused around Trick Room / bulky offense. Not really sure what this team needs. It stomped the first couple of games, but I am sure that it can be improved. I added a bunch of immunities, cuz I was scared of stuff like Dracovish or things like Eruption in the sun. Not too sure yet what else I should be scared of.

https://pokepast.es/8b897716208cdeb8

Edit: Just saw that I probably should change Dusclops' Will-O-Wisp for Helping Hand.

Last edited:

talkingtree

large if factual
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Champion
:ss/ribombee: :ss/heatran: :ss/tsareena: :ss/urshifu-rapid-strike: :ss/zeraora: :ss/moltres-galar:
Ribombee @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- Pollen Puff

Heatran (M) @ Charcoal
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Tsareena (F) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 136 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Triple Axel
- Taunt
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Protect

Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 240 HP / 148 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane
- Agility
- Protect
I've been lurking a bit recently and all the discussion around the strength of offense made me wonder about webs, so I built this to see how it'd go. Ribombee is the best (read: the only usable) choice for webs setting right now, since it actually has alright matchups against some top threats. The spread listed ensures that it'll take Scarf Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes unless every hit high rolls, and using Pixie Plate means that it doesn't have to invest in SpA to OHKO with Moonblast. With this investment, Ribombee isn't exactly *bulky*, but it's slightly sturdier than wet paper and resistances to Grass, Fighting, and Ground are all quite helpful with Kart/Zygarde running amok. It also has two alright abilities; Shield Dust prevents Fake Out from getting its flinch, and my choice of Sweet Veil protects everything from sleep, which definitely caught a couple Amoonguss users off guard.

Pairing it with Modest Eruptran was the thought that actually got me building, since fast TW/Pollen Puff and webs are all great support for Heatran, not to mention Ribombee taking out Urshifu-R and chipping Zygarde into Eruption range. The next slot was dedicated to priority blocking, which meant originally that it was a Tapu Lele, but keeping terrain control is somewhat unreliable and Tsareena has the benefit of blocking Fake Out / Grassy Glide for Moltres-G, which is most effective below 50% health with either Agility or TW up; if any Pokemon need priority moves blocked, it's one that's fast, set up, and low on health. Normally, I'd use an AV set with HJK for coverage to hit Heatran/Kart, but the TR matchup was utterly unplayable without Taunt, so switching to a Sitrus + Taunt set improved that matchup to barely winnable.

Urshifu-R was added next because I wanted to try it out, since I haven't used it before this team. With Webs + TW, CB seemed like a stronger option, and in theory, using Ice Punch instead of Aqua Jet is crucial for supporting Heatran by taking out Zygarde (in practice, I don't think I hit a single Zygarde with Ice Punch). Zeraora started out as a Fake Out pivot but turned into a LO CC user for damage on Kyu-B / opposing Heatran. Moltres-G was sort of a last-ditch attempt to make the Psyspam matchup better, but Necrozma is still a huge threat. So, I gave it enough HP to take a Timid Necrozma +1 Meteor Beam (and a 50% roll for taking the hit from Modest, which is apparently quite common based on the number of times Moltres-G just died).

The team definitely has quite a few holes; very few instances of Protect makes it quite difficult to pivot or come back from deficits. Additionally, the defensive strategy is pretty much just to KO things before they can KO you. However, it's a lot of fun to use and even someone as washed up as me was able to win some games with it. I'm not going to finish my trek to reqs, and I'm not sure whether I'm actually back to contributing/participating on Smogon, but this was certainly an enjoyable interlude.

~~~~

I also built a more balance-oriented team based on the idea of Phys Def Helmet Zapdos, which could be a decent option for beating Grass Spam. With the spread I gave it, Jolly Scarf Urshifu-R can't 2HKO with Surging Strikes or Ice Punch and Kart's crit Leaf Blade in Grassy Terrain does 43% max. No detailed writeup about this one, since I didn't actually use it more than twice and I think I sort of fell into remaking an SM team, but here it is anyway:

:ss/zapdos: :ss/genesect: :ss/tapu-fini: :ss/kyurem-black: :ss/incineroar: :ss/zygarde:
Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 160 Def / 32 SpD / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Genesect @ Expert Belt
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Tapu Fini @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 56 SpA / 72 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Heal Pulse
- Taunt

Kyurem-Black @ Chople Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 68 Def / 32 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Dragon Tail

:ss/ribombee: :ss/heatran: :ss/tsareena: :ss/urshifu-rapid-strike: :ss/zeraora: :ss/moltres-galar:
Ribombee @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Sweet Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Tailwind
- Pollen Puff

Heatran (M) @ Charcoal
Modest Nature
- Eruption
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon

Tsareena (F) @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 160 HP / 136 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Power Whip
- Triple Axel
- Taunt
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Protect

Moltres-Galar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Berserk
EVs: 240 HP / 148 SpA / 120 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fiery Wrath
- Hurricane
- Agility
- Protect
I've been lurking a bit recently and all the discussion around the strength of offense made me wonder about webs, so I built this to see how it'd go. Ribombee is the best (read: the only usable) choice for webs setting right now, since it actually has alright matchups against some top threats. The spread listed ensures that it'll take Scarf Urshifu-R's Surging Strikes unless every hit high rolls, and using Pixie Plate means that it doesn't have to invest in SpA to OHKO with Moonblast. With this investment, Ribombee isn't exactly *bulky*, but it's slightly sturdier than wet paper and resistances to Grass, Fighting, and Ground are all quite helpful with Kart/Zygarde running amok. It also has two alright abilities; Shield Dust prevents Fake Out from getting its flinch, and my choice of Sweet Veil protects everything from sleep, which definitely caught a couple Amoonguss users off guard.

Pairing it with Modest Eruptran was the thought that actually got me building, since fast TW/Pollen Puff and webs are all great support for Heatran, not to mention Ribombee taking out Urshifu-R and chipping Zygarde into Eruption range. The next slot was dedicated to priority blocking, which meant originally that it was a Tapu Lele, but keeping terrain control is somewhat unreliable and Tsareena has the benefit of blocking Fake Out / Grassy Glide for Moltres-G, which is most effective below 50% health with either Agility or TW up; if any Pokemon need priority moves blocked, it's one that's fast, set up, and low on health. Normally, I'd use an AV set with HJK for coverage to hit Heatran/Kart, but the TR matchup was utterly unplayable without Taunt, so switching to a Sitrus + Taunt set improved that matchup to barely winnable.

Urshifu-R was added next because I wanted to try it out, since I haven't used it before this team. With Webs + TW, CB seemed like a stronger option, and in theory, using Ice Punch instead of Aqua Jet is crucial for supporting Heatran by taking out Zygarde (in practice, I don't think I hit a single Zygarde with Ice Punch). Zeraora started out as a Fake Out pivot but turned into a LO CC user for damage on Kyu-B / opposing Heatran. Moltres-G was sort of a last-ditch attempt to make the Psyspam matchup better, but Necrozma is still a huge threat. So, I gave it enough HP to take a Timid Necrozma +1 Meteor Beam (and a 50% roll for taking the hit from Modest, which is apparently quite common based on the number of times Moltres-G just died).

The team definitely has quite a few holes; very few instances of Protect makes it quite difficult to pivot or come back from deficits. Additionally, the defensive strategy is pretty much just to KO things before they can KO you. However, it's a lot of fun to use and even someone as washed up as me was able to win some games with it. I'm not going to finish my trek to reqs, and I'm not sure whether I'm actually back to contributing/participating on Smogon, but this was certainly an enjoyable interlude.

~~~~

I also built a more balance-oriented team based on the idea of Phys Def Helmet Zapdos, which could be a decent option for beating Grass Spam. With the spread I gave it, Jolly Scarf Urshifu-R can't 2HKO with Surging Strikes or Ice Punch and Kart's crit Leaf Blade in Grassy Terrain does 43% max. No detailed writeup about this one, since I didn't actually use it more than twice and I think I sort of fell into remaking an SM team, but here it is anyway:

:ss/zapdos: :ss/genesect: :ss/tapu-fini: :ss/kyurem-black: :ss/incineroar: :ss/zygarde:
Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 240 HP / 160 Def / 32 SpD / 76 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Genesect @ Expert Belt
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Tapu Fini @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 56 SpA / 72 SpD / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Heal Pulse
- Taunt

EVs: 160 HP / 96 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 68 Def / 32 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Zygarde @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Superpower
- Dragon Tail
fuk u bitch u sniped me i was gonna make a bee post
bee is fun
https://pokepast.es/b1ca0d3e2ecc7353

I first made this team coming from gen 7 DOU so I thought a dedicated trick room team would be fun, after being told that trick room struggles against the many bulky mons that were running around, I tried to find a solution that would let me keep using it. This led to many strange tactics until I settled on using weakness policy to try and just out-power the bulk.

Torkoal is on the team as an answer to steels. It is one of the weakness policy users. I was surprised by how much Torkoal can actually take when I started using it. It has taken many attacks I thought would kill it, leading to it clutching a few games due to its sheer power allowing it to often kill in return. It does still struggle when faced without trick room or against slower opponents under trick room as it struggles to survive more than 1 or 2 decent attacks.

Amoonguss is here to ease trick room setting as it can re-direct attacks and taunt. It also helps dealing with some tougher threats through sleep and healing, usually aiming to give diancie time to increase its defense but can also help with problems that can't be ko'ed fast enough.

Diancie is difficult to take out and packs a punch even without a boost. Its best pairings are with Amoonguss for the reasons mentioned earlier and with Torkoal to assist with opposing Heatran (if trick room is up). Diancie can also body press opposing Stakataka out of the picture if Amoonguss is active or trick room is down.

Stakataka is what replaced the mon this team was originally built around, Rhyperior. Stakataka happily partners with any member of the team. It, however, shines when paired with Dusclops. With Dusclops, it gets free weakness policy activations from bulldoze and gets helping hand boosts afterwards. This allows Stakataka to output a lot of damage, even on resisted hits and only gets stronger thanks to beast boost raising its attack.

Dusclops, as mentioned earlier, is in a dedicated support role. It sets trick room, activates weakness policies and boosts allies damage. Pain split can help offensively in a pinch but is usually just to try and help longevity.

Tsareena mostly sits on the sidelines, its job is to remove any mons the others can't as early as possible. It is usually used for Zygarde but it can also help remove water and grass types if needed.

While the team still has many problems, a lot of them have been mitigated by item and member changes and I think the main thing holding it back now is just my skill in doubles. Despite the problems, the team has performed quite well, getting me to 1582 elo.
https://pokepast.es/20be331a80c5da92

Last edited:

Noelle

Trying my best
is a Community Contributor
So this is my first team submission, so i don't really know how this works yet, but i'm just gonna post one of the teams i've gotten pretty high on the ladder with:

CM Fini Balance: https://pokepast.es/ba571dd176ae32c9

The team started with an incin rillaboom fini core because this was made back when incin was meta. How the team works is basically fake out cycle to allow fini to set up until you can get up 2 or 3 calm minds, at which point that should be enough to ohko anything that doesn't resist you, and if something does resist you you have other pokemon for coverage. I added genesect because at the time it was the best choice scarfer in the tier (it still is imo) and has great coverage. i'm running tbolt over flamethrower bc that way on the special side nothing resists it and on the physical side if you are resisted you can just u turn out. zygarde used to be dragon dance as a secondary win condition, but i felt like i was forcing it to work in situations where it really didn't work, so i tried banded zygarde and ended up really liking it, so i kept it. it's really just here for ground coverage, but in a pinch you can just swap it in to take a hit and then get off a thousand waves to trap and get off some damage before it goes down. Zapdos honestly ends up being dead weight 90% of the time, it's just there to take hits and defog away rocks, but it can swap in to take a hit from kart and ko it back with heat wave, and is decent at dealing with rillaboom in case genesect goes down, so i just kept it because i don't know what else to replace it with, i've tried stuff like zeraora, kyurem black, metagross, moltres galar, and so on and nothing has really worked, so zapdos the punching bag can stay... for now. I didn't really go over incin and rilla, so i'll do that now. Incin was originally just a fake out bot, but it ended up being a suprisingly effective damage dealer the way i ev'd it. Flare Blitz can ohko amoongus from full before it can attack and incin underspeeds and oneshots indeedee with knock off (assuming it's not sash) while also being immune to eforce, so it pulls its weight against tr as well. Rillaboom also hit's incredibly hard and can live a hurricane from pelipper and an ice beam from kyurem (AV Kyurem, not LO) assuming it hasn't been chipped.

I'll also include some replays of me using the team:

Me vs.T3CH THIEVES: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1346159133

Me vs. WonderWall1999: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1359153686

Me vs. Meminger21 (i got really lucky in this replay but we take those): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1359409454

I don't have any replays with my banded zygarde set in them, but you'll just have to trust me, it works and it's really good

This isn't my peak elo with the team, i've gotten to 1703 with this team, but that screenshot is on my phone which i don't have rn, so here's my current elo, which still isn't bad

Current DOU Elo.JPG

Overall it's a pretty consistent bulky offense/balance team with cm fini as a decent win condition.

IMPORTANT EDIT (please read): i updated the evs for this team, they weren't efficient at all https://pokepast.es/15b70d36f96e5e2c incin only needs 136+ to ohko amoonguss from full, the rest can go to bulk, the rillaboom evs are basically just the sample, and zapdos is evd to ohko genesect with heat wave while the rest goes into hp (it also outpseeds and oneshots urshifu with volt switch). I also recently got to #6 on ladder with this team which was pretty pog. that's about it, bye

SECOND EDIT (ignore the first edit) I revised the team again: https://pokepast.es/0042008584e833da dragapult covers all the weaknesses zapdos did while also being able to beat kyube and kommo-o, both of which this team struggled with before. modest secures the ko on kart with shadow ball and you still outspeed every relevant threat other than zeraora. I also fixed the genesect. flamethrower provides better coverage than tbolt in the current meta and the evs are better too

THIRD EDIT: This post is kinda outdated, so i wrote an rmt which better explains each member's role and how to use the team: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/triple-choice-balance.3691742/

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/9d8132e6d5e5dcc0 this is a Drapion Wonder Guard cheese team with Heal Bell for the occasional toxic Salazzles.
You can use Audino for hail and sandstorm setters with it using sunny day, but you could also run safety goggles shedinja. Otherwise, i recommend using Durant and Shedinja during the start of the match.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1371859361 heres a replay of this team working
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1371788295 heres another replay of this team working without Shedinja on startup
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1372414968 this 3rd match shows that Shedinja's Focus Sash can matter in a match

Last edited:
comin in here to share my self-built team thats actually been working super well to my surprise! i generally dont play higher tiers like ou and ubers but,

HAZARD STACK HELL
(click for the paste ^)

EDIT: a new meta seems to have appeared in doubles ou overnight, so this team is currently being tweaked!
i love hazard stack teams. i love adjacent ally moves. this combines the best of both worlds.
(there's also a few stall components in here, as i play a good bit of stall)
it's not perfect and can probably be optimized further.

with three mons capable of building hazards (mew, ferro, toxa), you can survive one of them going down mid-setup pretty easy. mew is completely supportive, but chosen for the sake of toxic spikes/spikes/helping hand, with soft-boiled to soften any blows. mew is generally good to lead with if your opponent doesn't have some really strong bug or dark moves.

ferrothorn can add stealth rock (and continue to build spikes if mew goes down) to the stack. uses an occa berry to survive 4x hits from fire moves, giga drain to get that health back (and manage water types) and leech seed to help bring down those mons you can't counter with supereffective. iron barbs helps deal some chip damage against physical mons and is perfect for dealing with mons who have recoil moves.

toxapex can cover its teammates tracks, finish toxic spikes stack if mew goes down, and deal with those pesky flying types that zeraora can't counter (or if zeraora is down). combine smack down with victini's scorching sands and you got a flying type's worst nightmare. gunk shot will also poison flyings, boots, and levitates who don't get effected by the toxic spikes. regeneration is great for when a toxapex counter comes out, or if its on low health.

blissey is a great sponge, with a chople berry and soft-boiled for extra squishiness. practically everything to blissey is neutral. heal bell to get rid of statuses, heal pulse to patch up injured allies in a pinch. dazzling gleam helps clean up opposing mons a little bit, and is good for all the dragon types rampant in the higher tiers. natural cure is perfect for when you want to use blissey as support and swap it in and out as needed.

victini is a fire counter, with scorching sands to deal with enemy fires. again, combine it with toxapex's smack down, and you got a good flying sweeper too. heat wave is good to hit both foes in a pinch with stab, and fusion flare to clean up any bugs, grasses, ices, and steels. helping hand is good for when victini can't counter at all.

zeraora makes up for the low speeds of the rest of the team, and can be a nuisance for your opponent with its bright powder. volt absorb actually comes in handy! if you can keep zeraora up for a little bit, bulk up can help it sweep. fake out is good for when one of your mons is dealing with a supereffective move from one of the enemy mons. plasma fists can clean up any waters who survived ferrothorn, and a lot of flyings.

this team may be relatively weak at the start of battles, but i've seen it be quite sturdy near the end!

EXAMPLE BATTLES:
dazzling gleam + heal pulse matter (hazards not fully set up)
late-game bulkiness (hazards not fully set up)
late-game bulkiness (hazards fully set up) (note this was before i swapped victini to leftovers)
chople berry + leech seed matter (hazards mostly set up) (note this was before i swapped victini to leftovers)
toxapex + toxic spikes matters (hazards not fully set up)

Last edited:

NinjaSnapple

Hero in a half shell
is a Tiering Contributor
This is my first ever team submission here. I have been using this team for around 3 months now and in that time it's proven itself to be quite good and has previously gotten me to number 3 on the ladder.
elo.PNG

The team was inspired by Platinum God n1n1's Balanced TailRoom Sand team.

:Rillaboom:
Rillaboom is a great support pokemon with fake out and grassy surge. It is also my main counter to tapu fini who can otherwise be large problem for my team. It has great coverage moves in u-turn and superpower, the latter being especially useful and it does 85.7 - 101.1% to kartana with max physical attack investment and an adamant nature.

:Zygarde:
Zygarde is a very strong and decently bulky physical attacker the with strong ground type spread move thousand arrows which is useful when dealing with the electric type weakness that comes with having two water types on your team.

:Tyranitar:
Tyranitar is a slow but very hard hitting physical attacker who is useful as it sets up sandstorm which helps a lot vs opposing weather teams, who can sometimes be an issue to deal with. Ice punch is useful for ground types like Lando-T and Zygarde and also Rillaboom. Rock slide is great for dealing with Zapdos who can otherwise pose a real threat to a good portion of my team.

:Tapu Fini:
Originally Tapu Fini wasn't on this team but I replaced Diancie with it specifically to deal pokemon like amoonguss and dusclops spreading status moves like sleep and burns which was a massive problem for me previously. Outside of that it acts as a check to zygarde, dragapult, kingdra, galarian zapdos and urshifu rapid strike.

:Volcanion:
Volcanion is the MVP of my team without a doubt. It's incredibly useful as it covers the some of the weaknesses of rillaboom, tyranitar and genesect. If it manages to get behind a substitute which is very manageable with fake out support from rillaboom, it can pose a massive threat to the opposing team as steam eruption and heatwave hit a lot of top tier pokemon for neutral or super effective damage. Also because of its ability water absorb it can infinitely wall urshifu rapid strike if it's locked into surging strikes or aqua jet.

:Genesect:
Genesect is an already fast pokemon made even faster with the addition of a choice scarf. With u-turn, flamethrower, ice beam and iron head it acts as a great answer to rillaboom, kartana, lando-t and tapu lele. Iron head allows it to act as a somewhat reliable check to kyurem black assuming it gets the physical attack boost from download when it switches in.

Replays showing the team in action:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1366255083-72l1oixsw148zcel1yj1e6y9oechtabpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1380049500
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1377537692
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1368653422
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1357579377
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1377519558-bxrehfyirzcgfouxet5b5ezjqwkqjuvpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1370353644
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1370356182
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1384039889

Last edited:
Now that Spring Seasonal is over I figured I would post some ideas I used that I found interesting.

:amoonguss: :togekiss: :urshifu: :diancie: :dragapult: :incineroar:
Nasty Plot Togekiss + Dragon Dance Dragapult

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 232 HP / 88 Def / 188 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Clear Smog
- Pollen Puff

Togekiss @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Fire Blast
- Nasty Plot
- Protect

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Sassy Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Body Press
- Trick Room
- Protect

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Togekiss has returned to prominence of late as a bulky Follow Me user that can redirect Grass types that Amoonguss can't and Blastoise doesn't want to while also offering speed control. I decided to try offensive Togekiss with Amoonguss as support, considering Togekiss resists all the common moves from Grass types anyway. Fairy + Fire coverage is quite strong in the current meta, with only Heatran and Volcanion being the only common pokemon that resist both. You can also drop Fire Blast for Aura Sphere to hit Heatran without giving up your Kartana matchup as well. The downside of Togekiss is its awkward middling speed tier and reliance on getting the 50% crit chance to be a consistent threat. The team above is my best effort at an offensive Togekiss team. As far as the Togekiss spread goes I'm really not sure what to run, I feel like whenever I run speed I barely get KO'd and when I drop speed I'm slower in critical situations.

Spectrier @ Choice Specs
Ability: Grim Neigh
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Mud Shot
- Snarl
- Taunt/Sleep Talk/Hyper Beam/Will-o-wisp

Spectrier has fallen significantly since DWCOP. Nasty Plot sets are often not worth the turn setting up in the current meta. Instead I've tried out Choice Specs instead, which is just strong enough to take some important OHKOs/2HKOs without a setup turn, notably the OHKO on Urshifu, which Modest Life Orb only has a small chance to claim. While you mostly want to click Shadow Ball Mud Shot and Snarl have occasional uses. Mud Shot does ~50% to Incineroar's dex spread and Snarl does ~35% to Necrozma that might otherwise try and hide behind Indeedee (it can also 2HKO Spdef Kart, which I find funny). Snarl also helps prevent G-Moltres setting up on you. I don't think any of my Specs Spectrier teams are quite good enough to post so maybe someone else can experiment with it.

posting the teams i built vs sawamura for osdt because i have no use for them anymore. these were my first tries in gen 8 doubles really, so don't expect them to be good. had a lot of fun playing this tier again after many years, losing obviously sucks but i'm proud of my run.

:incineroar::rillaboom::zygarde::genesect::tapu-fini::zapdos:
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Atk / 112 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Rillaboom @ Eject Button
EVs: 80 HP / 132 Atk / 44 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- U-turn

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Thousand Arrows
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Flash Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Simple Beam

Tapu Fini @ Grassy Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Protect

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Tailwind
this was inspired by other posts in this forum? i think simple beam is really cool, although it's hard to click it can really catch the opponent off-guard. i wanted to make a team that features it without relying on it too much. zygarde + fini were the mons i partnered it with, +1/+2 def fini can be really good in 50% of the times (ban scope lens kartana) otherwise its nothing too special, the bulk on rilla is for banded close combat from urshifu, so i can safely switch it in vs too. i also really like fast zapdos.

:incineroar::rillaboom::urshifu::metagross::kyurem-black::zapdos:
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 116 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Rillaboom (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Atk / 36 Def / 112 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- Superpower
- U-turn

Jolly Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- U-turn

Metagross @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Meteor Mash
- Stomping Tantrum
- Ice Punch

EVs: 120 HP / 136 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Protect

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 144 HP / 108 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Toxic
- Tailwind
well. i feared full trickroom (which he ended up bringing in another game), so this is how scarf trick meta was created. on paper it's good in many matchups as it can lure heatran, get a trick off vs a trick room setter etc etc, but in every game it did exactly nothing. the team was planned for g1, i decided against it after it lost like 5 games in a row on the ladder but i brought it anyways. i wanted to pair a strong breaker with it so i opted for urshifu, and dd kyurem to abuse a locked mon potentially. the team is really weak to rocks + dragapult but there are ways around it i guess. toxic zapdos is another tech vs p2.

Noelle

Trying my best
Ok, i originally wasn't gonna make this team public but i already posted it in the discord so fuck it

Buzzwole Bulky Offense: https://pokepast.es/9cbe6eb167f0f3c0

I wanted to experiment more with buzzwole so i made this team about 2 weeks ago, and it was undefeated on ladder until yesterday. It does have some bad matchups, so i wouldn't personally use this on ladder very often, but it's a pretty fun team to mess around with and i like it.

:buzzwole: assault vest buzzwole is suprisingly bulky and hits pretty hard with minimal investment. cc and leech life for stabs, ice punch because zygarde is a problem and poison jab to troll fini, because there's nothing more satisfying than watching fini hit buzzwole with a moonblast only for it to live and 2hko them with poison jab.

:rillaboom: rillaboom is here for fake out and to reset the terrain because psyspam is scary. it's a pretty standard set, not much to say here

:kartana: kartana is here because if i'm gonna use rillaboom i may as well use something that can actually abuse the terrain (also i have heatran so stacking grasses isn't that bad, not to mention ttar and blastoise) again, this set is pretty standard, not much to talk about

:tyranitar: ttar is underrated. av + sand makes ttar an insane special tank (it lives +4 fini moonblast and kartana sacred sword) and it has a great movepool. rock slide for stab, lash out over crunch because it's better, dtail to phaze out things i don't want to deal with, and flamethrower to troll kartana. yes, i have heatran and buzzwole, but it's easier to get a kartana to stay in on a ttar than a heatran) the evs i may or may not have stolen from n1n1

:Blastoise: Blastoise is an amazing fake out user and follow me + eruption can be very threatening (so can spamming follow me while buzzwole or kartana pick up kos and get free beast boosts) scald is there because i wanted a water move and icy wind gives the team more speed control

:Heatran: heatran is here so the team has a fire water grass core. it also covers a lot of the team's weaknesses and vise versa (heatran 4x resists fairy, is immune to fire, neutral to rock, ect. and buzzwole and rillaboom switch into ground moves in return)

The main weaknesses of this team are:

Trick Room: ttar has dtail to beat trick room, but diancie semiroom can still be a problem sometimes because diancie is immune to dtail

Z Strats Offense: This isn't nesessarily a bad matchup, it moreso depends on how your opponent plays, but the combination of heatran and kartana is really hard for this team to beat.

Amoonguss: This team can't actually prevent statuses, so if heatran dies amoonguss becomes a huge problem. My solution? Don't let heatran die.

Kommo-o: This is just something that really annoys me specifically, but i struggle a lot with iron defense kommo-o teams. Blastoise's icy wind, double fake out, ttar's dragon tail and buzzwole's ice punch make it easier though. idk if this is just a me problem but i;m just mentioning it anyway because honestly fuck this pokemon, i hate it so much

Sorry, no replays this time

I really enjoy using this team so i'd figured I share it with the rest of the community

:sm/abomasnow: :sm/necrozma: :sm/diancie: :ss/urshifu-rapid strike: :ss/rillaboom: :ss/dragapult:
Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 236 Def / 252 SpA / 20 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Necrozma @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick Room
- Earth Power
- Photon Geyser
- Protect

EVs: 252 HP / 248 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Surging Strikes
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Ice Punch

Rillaboom @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 20 Def / 100 SpD / 48 Spe
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Grassy Glide
- U-turn
- High Horsepower

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn

This team is basically Stax's Hail team from gen7. I made a couple of modifications to it so it can be playable in SS. It can either be deadweight or threatening depending on who your opponent is. The team made its first appearance vs Spurrific in Spring Seasonals: [Gen 8] Doubles OU replay: Sunrose vs. Spurrific - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com) and it didn't go too well haha. A couple of months later, I think the team has finally reached its full potential. Here is a replay of queso vs mishimono from BLT Playoffs demonstrating how dangerous it can be: [Gen 8] Doubles OU replay: mishimono vs. queso - Pokémon Showdown (pokemonshowdown.com) All in all, this team is an Anti-Meta pick and should only be used against players that don't expect it. I decided to post this team now since I'll be gone from mons for a while so I hope players enjoy using the team :)

Noelle

Trying my best
I'm trying not to post too many teams here, but i made a few over the past few days that i think are pretty solid. I didn't intentionally make these for the kart suspect but right now this is more or less what i plan on using:
:kyurem black: :volcanion: :latios: :genesect: :zygarde: :rillaboom:
AV Kyurem Bulky Offense: https://pokepast.es/023c983550820f38

:heatran: :kyurem-black: :latios: i've been experimenting with this core a lot. latios provides tailwind and a way to deal with kart shifu zygarde which both of the other mons struggle with, kyube kills off the grounds that heatran hates and heatranuses the speed control from icy wind and tailwind and the side proc from mystical fire to deal massive damage while not being in much danger itself. it's a pretty solid starting point, but i wanted to add more. this core struggles a lot with trick room, has no real answers to naganadel and dragapult and has an ok psyspam matchup but it could be better.

:heatran: :kyurem-black: :latios: :genesect: :zygarde: i added genesect zygarde as another strong and versatile lead. genesect covers the pult and naga weaknesses while also making psyspam an easier matchup and zygarde gives this team a safer way to deal with heatran other than "just win the speed tie bro" along with a trick room matchup with dtail. zygarde can also prevent switching with thousand arrows which allows you to kill off threats to heatran in the early/midgame so it can clean later with latios. this was better, but i wanted grass coverage as this team didn't have any fini answers (which are kinda a requirement when you have 3 dragons) and rain/sand seemed like a problem. and i still had a slot freed up for a terrain setter so psyspam really has no breathingroom against this team

:volcanion: :kyurem black: :latios: :genesect: :zygarde: :rillaboom: rillaboom was a given for the last slot, but what ended up suprising me hte most is that i replaced heatran. this team does have rillaboom and tbolt genesect, but as a last resort i added volcanion to wall fini and gave it sludge bomb to beat it 1v1. After i made these changes i looked through the dou roster and this team matches up well against a lot of it. after testing it it did a lot better than i thought it would. i think i only dropped one game in testing. it ended up being pretty consistent and it's one of my favorite ladder teams rn.
:sylveon: :genesect: :zygarde: :rillaboom: :blastoise: :heatran:
Sylveon Balance: https://pokepast.es/ed3540012aee27df

This description isn't gonna be as in depth because my thought process was relatively simple here. i wanted to try sylveon because unlike fini, it's not weak to the common grass spam teams (well, not as weak, kart leaf blade still does a ton) and it's resists are relatively easy to counter. sylveon is sub calm mind here because it's better, i added zygarde genesect bc ground + fairy is broken and zygarde genesect is a strong lead, double fake out in rillaboom and blastoise and i chose heatran for the last slot because follow me eruption is strong and gene has flamethrower to proc flash fire. this team was originally based on my gen 6 dou sylveon team, and it plays pretty similarly. zygarde fills lando's role in the sense that it pairs extremely well with sylveon, rillaboom is effectively mega kang with fake out but alsobeing an assett offensively, blastoise is osrt of like amoonguss in the sense that it redirects damage away from heatran or sylveon while also having utility outside of that, heatran is heatran and genesect is... thundurus ig? this is where the analogy kinda falls apart but it worked for a bit. it's pretty fun, give it a try
:genesect: :zygarde: :zeraora: :rillaboom: :heatran: :latios:
My Version of the ODST Shift Gear Genesect Teams: https://pokepast.es/033931473e2b83ff

Again, not much went into this one. Genesect zygarde is a strong pairing, zeraora and rillaboom for double fake out because zera provides coachingand rilla provides terrain because psyspam scawy. latios and heatran work well together for reasons i've already explained so i added latios for a urshi + kart + zyg answer and heatran is there as a secondary wincon. i wouldn't say it's better than the other shift gear teams, but it's a lot of fun and you should try it
:heatran: :kyurem black: :latias: :zeraora: :amoonguss: :ninetales alola:
Veil Offense: https://pokepast.es/90a2c8d9fc588043

(i swear this is the last new team i'm gonna post here for a while, i don't want it to seem like i'm spamming)

:heatran: :kyurem black: :latias: Same core as in my earlier team, so i won't repeat myself, but zygarde is dd because i wanted to experiment more with it. never melt ice over chople because i have several fighting resists and ice lets it pick up kos on zapdos and stuff. latias over latios this time because latios ended up not having much synergy with the ninetales but i'll get to that. all original weaknesses apply, so here's what i did:

:heatran: :kyurem black: :latias: :zeraora: :amoonguss: :ninetales alola: zera has fake out to allow kyube to set up more easily set up (not that it's hard to get kyube set up at all) and it also checks pult. coaching because the first thing i thought when i saw kyurem is "what if it was that but stronger and bulkier without having to do anything different from what it would normally do?" amoonguss is here because you know what's better than follow me eruption? follow me eruption with the ability to sleep anything you dont wanna deal with. this also acts as our trick room answer on this team because it's hard to fit tr answers on offense. ninetales got added because weather seemed rough and i just thought veil was a good fit for this team. ninetales is kinda just a veil bot, nothing more, nothing less. i mean blizzard helps with zygarde i guess, but that's about it. veil helps kyube set up easier (as if it wasn't easy enough already) and lets heatran do heatran things easier, and by that i mean D E S T R O Y. . . so yeah this team is fun
ok, so that's everything. I also revised my calm mind fini balance team but i'll just edit my original message for that as it's not different enough for me to write a whole new post about it. alright, i need to get some sleep before the suspect starts, hope these teams help you during the suspect, happy hunting!

Regigigas use in doubles II
Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 11.52.50 AM.png

:regigigas: :diancie: :genesect: :landorus: :rillaboom: :volcanion:
https://pokepast.es/3537d6a4bf9f6be2
What's up ExoticFroot? Hope you enjoy this one.

On the team
Rillaboom + 5 legends strikes again. This team basically plays the same every game: paralyze stuff with regigigas and then go in. Dodge fighting types if you can, but Landorus and Tbolt genesect can both snipe urshifu for the OHKO and other half-real fighting types such as Zapdos G for good damage. Originally had regidrago over landorus but this team bins enough matchups as it is, and at least scarf lando can steal some of those back if the opponent slips up. Here are some replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1393484251-mjmoud4e34oifn937834dnxfhkt9motpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1392261995-s5hadw47q1uzqwa91rll7hipqmqes6spw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1392264577
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8doublesou-1394053861

On the sets
Everything aside from Rillaboom is non standard which is a lot of fun. Landorus and Genesect can snipe problem mons like Zeraora, volcanion, Amonguss and urshifu. Diancie is fast because it can actually get past most volcanion, a lot of Kyurem at -1 speed, and obviously quite a bit more if they're paralyzed. Volcanion would be much better with Sub or Earth Power but I had to run Haze because I was running into gimmicky nonsense that this team would just fold to. If I bring a version of this to seasonals I'll be pulling Haze off, but for laddering I think it's necessary. S/o to [redacted] for coming up with most of the cool techs here.

On Regigigas
This is actually not a bad mon. In a world with less OP mons I think this set could actually be good, but each slot in a team just has to cover too many things for Regigigas to really be great. Still, into certain opponents with tendencies to use or not use certain cores, I will absolutely be considering this guy for seasonal games. Regi is no staple but I have definitely peaked the ladder with a lot worse.
Mega Kick is necessary because this team gets owned by enemy Volcanion if they can get a sub up, and Mega Kick lets you break sub in slow start. It also does big damage if you can get out of slow start (this happens probably 30% of games). I'm also pretty confident that you get the most expected-damage-per-click vs the other move choices. Icy Wind is for what you can't Twave, and Wide Guard is just a really great move. Obviously it squashes Zygarde and is really strong vs lameroom.

Here's a video explanation of the team!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)