Doubles OU Teambuilding Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a team with a nice Greninja + Darkrai + Mega Abombasnow core I saw on the good cores thread. I'd love to have a team from somebody who knows what they are doing, unlike me :D

Sets:
Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Ability: Bad Dreams
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Looking for a team with a nice Greninja + Darkrai + Mega Abombasnow core I saw on the good cores thread. I'd love to have a team from somebody who knows what they are doing, unlike me :D

Sets:
Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Darkrai @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Greninja @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Rock Slide
- Protect
For some reason, I think I just might have this already somewhere.... O yes, I do

Greninja @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Blizzard
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn

MF Doom (Darkrai) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Gyarados @ Choice Band
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Blizzard
- Dragon Pulse

I've had this team for ages, the core it's self is focused on spamming blizzard with some of the fastest special attacker in the tier. Mega Abomasnow, is obviously the-go-to Pokemon for the Hail support and it's generally a decent Mega; bulk, powerful, a little on the slow side though. As for the double intimidate mon in Landorus, and Gyarados, it's needed on this team. Having 4 weak to Fighting moves, you need to have the double intimidate that resists it to ever have a chance. Landorus is obviously one of the best Scarf Pokemon in the tier with great offensive stats and typing, while Gyarados also has good offensive typing, would be better if it had a flying stab but oh well. Choice band Gyarados is evd so it has enough speed to be threatening while also having a decent amount of evs invested in bulk. For the last slot I went with Sub Kyurem-r, the reason for this is because it has slightly more special attack than Kyurem-b, nothing more. Hope you have as much fun with this team as I have in the past!

Last edited:

Mizuhime

is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Some text but not much

Feel free to change anything, this is just a template I thought was a good starting point.

Infernape @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
EVs: ?
? Nature
- Fake Out
- Overheat
- Two of WoW / Protect / Close Combat

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant / Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Leech Seed
I can get this to you Today/Tomorrow if someone hasn't already done it

Mizuhime

I'd like to request a team with Infernape, preferably in a F/W/G that also includes Gyarados and Ferrothorn, although I'm not overly attached to either of those last two. I've been trying to build it and coming up blank. Thanks!

Feel free to change anything, this is just a template I thought was a good starting point.

Infernape @ Life Orb / Focus Sash
? Nature
- Fake Out
- Overheat
- Two of WoW / Protect / Close Combat

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant / Impish Nature
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
Brave Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Okay, so i've finished the team and i'm fairy sure it's actually a pretty strong first draft. Minor tests will be needed on your end to come up with a final version, however.

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- Protect

Ferrothorn @ Lum Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 84 Def
Brave Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Gyarados @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Atk / 168 Def / 24 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Protect
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 208 Atk / 48 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Earth Power

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Def / 176 SpA / 4 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Tailwind
- Roost
- Light Screen

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Protect

I actually had a fairly difficult time coming up with what I should do after the original core. The team isn't short on bulk, with Gyarados, Ferrothorn, and Zapdos all being heavily invested in it. Diancie was chosen to be the mega Pokemon simply because it can cover the weaknesses of Ferrothorn fairly easily and it also appreciates the fakeout support provided by Infernape. The team will be able to open up holes in the opposing team making it quite a simple job for Diancie once the late game comes around. I decided, with the help of someone else that the team looked slightly weak to sun, with the only real answering being Diancie (which dies to Venusaur), so Zapdos came to mind as something that could provide speed control while still providing the team with decent synergy. Hydreigon was the last member added so it can be a heavy hitter that helps the team open up holes in the opposing team.

SpaceBass

☆ALOLA VERA420: FUKK AMOONGUS AND UR MOM
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pikov

This was requested by Pikov ages ago, and building Articuno frustrated me so much I kinda gave in (because I kept rage deleting teams), but I picked it up again recently and finally got something I kinda like. Still could probably use some improvement, but you can play with it a little and tell me anything it could be patched up against, I'll keep testing it too. I used about 9 million different Articuno sets, min speed on full Trick Room, rain, Tailwind and everything in between. Settled on Tailwind after I realised Articuno was decently bulky. Used Freeze Dry as my Ice Attack as I wanted more room and it still OHKOed all the stuff I wanted it to. Adamant Kang because Adamant Kang, sorry for innovating so hard. Fake Out helps the team alot, and Double Edges damage output does the same. This team was for Pikov so it had to be a 'SpaceBass' Team, so Goggles Trick Room CM Cress alongside Tailwind Articuno for reasons explained by user KyleCole

KyleCole: going first every fukn turn, by SpaceBass: the book: the sequel: the movie: the game: the second game: the prequel: the third game: the dish towl: the placemat: the zombies...are coming!: the two towers: the finale: the trilogy: the concert movie

Hoopa-U was a godsend to these TailRoom teams I like to play with because fuck you now you can't protect stall me. EVs outspeed Scarf Lando-T while Tailwind is up, and can KO with Ice Punch if you opt for it, although I've been preferring Hidden Power Fire on Hoopa-U because I was having trouble with Ferrothorn if they managed to drop my Heatran early on. Space / Hole OHKO Amoonguss and Shield Aegislash respectively. Life Orb HP Ice Heatran that outspeeds Scarf Lando-T with Tailwind was next because I was using HP Fire on Hoopa-U so I wanted to fuck with Lando-T a little more. I wanted a Grass and Amoong didn't seem right, so I opted for Breloom to get some sleep going and give me dual priority alongside Sucker Kang.

Still a little shaky but let me know what you think Fatkov :)

Fuck Pikov (Articuno) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpA / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Tailwind

Pikov Is Gay (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Low Kick
- Sucker Punch

SpaceBass > Pikov (Cresselia) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Psyshock
- Moonlight
- Calm Mind

Pikovs Mum lol (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 60 HP / 128 Atk / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Ice Punch
- Protect

Fatkov (Heatran) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Pikov Likes Dong (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

Hello there, I'm new to The DOU metagame. I've built myself a pretty lackluster teaam that is fun, but i'd like a better team done by someone with a lot mor experience in DOU as such i can learn how to build good teams/get an idea of how to build better teams.

I'd like to request a Balance/Offense style team around Deo-A and Mega Kang

Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Ice Beam
- Superpower
- Detect

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

I feel that these two mons help each other out as Kanga does a really nice job of keeping up Deo's sash with fake out and very strong priority, and Deo-A keeps out annoying bulky fighting types, landorus, heatran, etc... All of which can be a check to MKang. I give thanks in advance.

Requesting a Trick Room team using Mega Camerupt and Hoopa-U

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Solid Rock
Quiet Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Protect
- Gunk Shot

EDIT: I completely forgot what the ev's did so just changed into max atk max spatk

Last edited:

Pastelle

we're all star stuff
I need shiny new teams so why not I'm too lazy to build:

I'd like to request a team built around Gothitelle. It's always seemed so interesting to me but I've never quite figured out how to use it. Because of this, I don't really have a good set either. I stole this set from VGC, but please feel free to change it

Gothitelle @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I need shiny new teams so why not I'm too lazy to build:

I'd like to request a team built around Gothitelle. It's always seemed so interesting to me but I've never quite figured out how to use it. Because of this, I don't really have a good set either. I stole this set from VGC, but please feel free to change it

Gothitelle @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 244 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Protect
needs more flash

I really like Rain, and want to see a rain team built around Politoed + Mega Swampert! Rain is on of my favourite playstyles, and to see it used in Doubles OU, a meta where I am slowly finding my feet in.

Sets:
: Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Protect

I really like Rain, and want to see a rain team built around Politoed + Mega Swampert! Rain is on of my favourite playstyles, and to see it used in Doubles OU, a meta where I am slowly finding my feet in.

Sets:
: Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Icy Wind
- Helping Hand
- Protect
Mega Swampert /w Rain isn't exactly obscure, so I'd get a bit more specific with what you want. If you just want a team featuring it, then Kyle Cole's is pretty good: (Click).

Could I please have a team built around this set, as I love the idea of it, but really struggle to build teams in doubles
Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Protect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)