Project Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Closed

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
Congrats to GenOne for his win this round! His team has been added to the Hall of Fame.

1548433177422.png
1548433185849.png

After seeing this pokemon's SPL 10 debut, it began to grow on me until claiming the spotlight for this round. Mega-Venusaur's grass/poison typing, coupled with it's ability thick fat, allows it to completely wall the popular incin/fini/kart core. It has decent bulk and can opt for either passive or immediate recovery with leech seed and synthesis respectively. Some other move options to consider are sleep powder and knock off which can assist Venusaur's teammates by sleeping the opponent and removing important items such as pinch berries. Grass+Poison stab allows it to hit a large chunk of the meta for at least neutral damage. Thick fat leaving Venusaur with essentially 2 weaknesses can make it difficult to wear down, unless hitting it with a powerful z move. It's middling speed tier unfortunately leaves it vulnerable to double targeting (as well as flinching) and it also needs to watch out for pokemon like Kyurem-Black who can ignore its ability and still hit it hard.

The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, January 29st at 11:59 pm EST!

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Raikou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 12 HP / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Weather Ball
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder

Torkoal @ Assault Vest
Ability: Drought
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heat Wave
- Flamethrower
- Bulldoze
- Solar Beam

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Atk / 52 Def / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Dragon Tail
- Low Kick

Abomasnow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Blizzard
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Pelipper @ Focus Sash
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hurricane

Venusaur (Venusaur-Mega) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Weather Ball
- Protect

I saw some guy on the ladder using Scarf Weather-Ball Raikou with 4x weather mons and thought it was super cool, so I made my own version of that team.

Spamming weather-ball while switching in your weather mon for the best match up is very fun. You can kill all types of stuff. I think Venu works well in the last slot because the other mons remove Venu weakness pretty well. Ttar+Peli does well vs fires, Turtle and Raikou have good Steel match ups, Ttar and Shadow-Ball Raikou do well versus Psychics.
Its a fast team because of Scarf Raikou and Tailwind Pelipepper. My TR checks are the Turtle and Dragon Tail Ttar.

Last edited:

Mack Knife

Future 50th President
My entry for the week

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Kommo-o @ Kommonium Z
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 248 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Clanging Scales
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
- Protect

Gothitelle @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Pulse
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Genesect @ Assault Vest
Ability: Download
EVs: 192 Atk / 92 SpA / 224 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Electroweb

Suicune @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 44 SpA / 108 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Tailwind
- Roar

Landorus-Therian @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 172 SpA / 40 SpD
Serious Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
I think we should all follow Genone's example and use Human's format

1. Why is the Pokémon a core part of the team? Why is it important?

Venusaur M, to me, has the unique ability to threaten fairies and waters; while at the same time acting as a win-con, akin to ferro, due to how hard it is to break down at times.

I am fairly interested in what sets people want to run on Venusaur M. My set plays on the above strengths of bulk and stab with speed ivs to hit 221 to creep on the speed sets that outpace deo-a in tw.

2. How do the other Pokémon support this? Very brief description of what each Pokémon offers (typing/special moves/etc.)

Kommo-o will act as a good breaker and win-con with venu-m. He loves venusaur's ability to take on fairies and shrug fini aside. Kommo-o can also break down a lot of the steels in the tier that venusaur M cannot touch. I briefly considered sr over cc until I added lando.

Goth supports both Kommo-o and Venusaur set up and eliminate mons that threaten each other by trapping and annoying the other team. The psychic resistance is nice and goth really provides an answer to lele. Goth really glues a lot of the team together, so I tend to play her cautiously. Foul play is really neat for surprising damage on Metagross M.

Genesect Av is a really underrated set imo. Genesect provides speed control, a u-turn that pairs well with goth, the ability to threaten psychic types like lele, and the ability to pivot in then kill kyurem b.

Suicune comes in because at this point I needed a water type, another form of speed control, and trick room deterrent.

Lando-T is the last mon. I was torn at this point choosing between picking koko or lele, to reset terrain; or incin and lando-t, to drop attack and pivot. I decided that lando provides the most utility in that stealth rock improves the charizard mu and u-turn mons are just nice to pair with goth. 30 speed ivs to underspeed most lando's.

3. What does the team need to do in order to win? Identify win conditions of any kind.

Through good positioning and use of goth (both u-turners really help) you should kill important mons that stop: either venu from leech seeding and protecting his way to victory, or kommo-o from clanging victory. The team is really bulky and venu threatens the common bulky cores, so you can outlast many teams.

4. Weaknesses

This is really a slow-burn-esque team. Outside of kommo-o and stab into super effective damage none of these mons are really hard hitting. This leads to problems against chansey and porygon-2 type mons. Char y is really annoying due to how it threatens both speed controllers. Mence M has nice flying stab that I have no resistances to and if it runs fire coverage I might be done (two ice beams play around that tho). I may not see all the weaknesses and this may be a very bad team.

I know one liners are something most people disapprove of, but n1n1 Venusaur can't have both Weather Ball and Cholorophyll on the same set actually, as Weather Ball is a move that is only available through event, which the Venusaur will always have Overgrow as its ability. Also, just as a side note, the team looks incredibly weak to hazards, as not only are you gonna need to cycle between the different hazards setters to help Raikou and Venusaur, of which three out of four of them are weak to Stealth Rocks, two of them are holding Focus Sash, which kinda exacerbates the problem. Would Defog on Pelipper help with that, as well as changing up the items on the Pokemon like Band on Tyranitar?

SMB

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 76 SpA / 144 SpD / 16 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sludge Bomb
- Growth
- Protect

Torkoal @ Assault Vest
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Bulldoze
- Solar Beam

Diancie @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Atk / 116 SpD
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 8 SpA / 120 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 15 Spe
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Nature's Madness
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 160 Atk / 116 SpA / 232 Spe
Rash Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Toxic

Mew @ Normalium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 32 SpA / 136 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 6 Spe
- Fake Out
- Trick Room
- Transform
- Ice Beam

Mega venusaur sun semiroom that I used this week in spl. My main idea for this team was making venusaur work both in and outside of tr so I started this team with the core of venu, torkoal, diancie; torkoal sets sun and has a good offensive synergy with diancie since it can hit most steel types that are troublesome for diancie, I also opted for bulldoze as my ground type move on torkoal instead of earth power to trigger its weakness policy if i had the chance. Growth mega venu is a cool tech as well (s/o to Human for this idea) since this makes it so much threatening if you can get a free turn to set up. Tapu fini is my main switch in to volcanion, nature's madness to wear down stuff quickly, and heal pulse to keep venu, diancie or mew healthy if needed. Next mon I added was scarf mixed lando; it gives intimidate and a ground resist to the team and can work outside of tr and check zard. Finally, mew is perfect for the last slot; fake out and a second trick room setter are great for this team and if you get the chance to use z transform your opponent will most likely have to deal with a full health bulkier boosted mega venu or diancie.
Mew ivs are to have hidden power fire in case you transform into venu and outspeed 0 speed evs bulu outside of tr, same for fini. A change i'd consider is making venu faster to outspeed mega manectric on sun but idk if it's that worthy, up to you.

Last edited:

Yuichi

umu!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 220 HP / 84 Def / 60 SpA / 48 SpD / 96 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 140 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpA / 72 SpD / 40 Spe
Brave Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Dragon Tail

Aegislash @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- Sacred Sword
- King's Shield

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 20 Def / 116 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Zapdos @ Misty Seed
Ability: Static
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Def / 12 SpA / 108 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Whirlwind
- Tailwind
- Roost

Tapu Fini @ Choice Specs
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Muddy Water
- Icy Wind
- Trick

WIP

Last edited:

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx
87E057AD-ADD8-474A-BD12-9741FEB25996.png
09E7D76A-9C4E-42ED-B218-94B037C2EE72.png
22439B20-4D36-4C35-B41E-38E34576F293.png
C130F571-99B6-4FC8-991F-2F020CAAC406.png
482C1B14-2F21-4445-8775-F82AAB2F2102.png
A0852B4F-9E4B-4871-A41C-990D9C654E49.png

Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 24 SpA / 236 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Tyranitar @ Rockium Z
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Rock Slide
- Bite
- Curse
- Stealth Rock

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 HP / 72 Def / 148 SpA / 44 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- Wide Guard
- King's Shield

Cresselia @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 216 Def / 176 SpA / 116 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

Araquanid @ Expert Belt
Ability: Water Bubble
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Atk / 88 Def
Brave Nature
- Liquidation
- Bug Bite
- Water Sport
- Soak

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 16 SpA / 92 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Last Resort
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Trick Room
So, I’m happy with how this team turned out. As you can see, it’s a full Trick Room team. Of course, I started with Mega Venusaur. For it’s pre-evolution ability, I gave it Overgrow, instead of Chlorophyll, since you want Mega Venasaur to move slow as possible. Leech Seed and Substitute are used to stall the opponent(s) out while draining their HP. Next, I need something to cover Mega Venasaur’s weaknesses, and ended up choosing Tyranitar.

Rock Slide and Bite are for flinches. With it being a Trick Room Tyranitar, I gave it Curse as a means of powering up (while also reducing its speed, allowing it to move faster in Trick Room). Stealth Rocks is for when the opponent(s) starts switching after you use Leech Seed on them. I gave Tyranitar Rockium-Z since this teams main threats are Fire-types. For its ability, I chose Unnerve because it stops the activation of pinch berries.

The Aegislash is SPA oriented, and its set is pretty standard. Araquanid is probably my favorite Pokémon on this team. Since it’s a Trick Room team, I felt Sticky Web would be useless. Instead, I gave it Water a Sport and Soak. A single Water Sport turns Mega Venasaur into a massive tank. Soak turns the opponent(s) to Water-type, allowing Mega Venusaur and Porygon2 to inflict super effective damage. Expert Belt makes Liquidation extremely powerful.

For the last two mons, I need Trick Room setters. My first choice was Cresselia. I wanted to make Cresselia as useful as possible, so I gave it Moonlight and Helping Hand. Ice Beam is really just for Landorus-T and Zygarde, but packs a powerful punch with LO. My reason for choosing LO is because the damage from it can be mitigated by Moonlight. My second choice was Porygon2. I wanted to make Porygon2 capable of easily tearing through stuff, so I gave it Last Resort. It shouldn’t take long to use the other three moves. Thunderbolt is for the Soak strategy with Araquanid.

What you want to do with this team is set Trick Room, set Stealth Rock, and then use Leech Seed and Soak to make the opponent keep switching (and taking chip damage). Obviously, the two moves you wanna watch out for are Taunt and Defog, but, other than that, you should be straight. I hope y’all like the team!!!

Last edited:

Egor

нет, товарищ генерал, это вы даёте
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
RoAPL Champion

EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 44 SpA / 40 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Volcarona @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Mew @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SpA / 12 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Transform
- Fake Out
- Tailwind
- Ice Beam

Landorus-Therian @ Iapapa Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 176 SpA / 28 SpD / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Defog

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 164 Atk / 92 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpA
Calm Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Heal Pulse
- Protect
I decided to pair M-Venusaur with Volcarona because the latter appreciates Waters and Rocks like Tapu Fini and Diancie being beaten by M-Venusaur. Next mon is Mew because I wanted TW, Fake Out & check to the likes of Zygod and M-Salamence. Lando is my Ground immunity with an additional utility in Intimidate and U-turn. It also runs Defog so my Volcarona won't lose half of its HP on tge switch once rocks was setted on my field. Genesect is a revenge killer, pivot and an offensive check to Psyspam. Fini sets Misty Terrain to make Amoonguss's Spore less annoying, check M-Salamence & Zygod and heals teammates via Heal Pulse.

Notes on M-Venusaur's spread:
* Maximized HP for overall bulk
* 124+ Def for always surviving standart mixed 60 Atk M-Salamence's Double-Edge
* 48 Spe for outpacing standart 124 Spe Volcanion
* 40 SpD for always surviving Charizard-Y's Overheat in sun
* The rest in SpA for slightly better damage output

Last edited:

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
Voting is officially open! Reply with the name of the user that you believe submitted the best team.

n1n1
Mack Knife
SMB
Yuichii
Pwndkthnx
Egor

The deadline for voting is Friday, February 1st at 11:59 pm EST!

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
Very sorry for the large delay on this next round; I got caught up with irl stuff for a minute and this was pushed to the back-burner. Excuses aside, Congratulations to SMB! His team and description are now a part of the Hall of Fame.

This week's building focus is Volcarona. It can become incredibly threatening if it is given the opportunity to get off a quiver dance or two. STAB heatwave hits very hard, giga drain gives it a way to chunk bulky water types and provides a passable form of recovery and bug buzz provides a secondary stab which can be helpful for breaking through psychics and for getting off big damage should Volcarona be pushed into swarm range. Volcarona seems to function best as a setup sweeper, but with access to moves such as rage powder and tailwind, it can also provide valuable team support. Let's see what you all can come up with!

Submissions deadline is Monday, February 25th at 11:59pm EST!

Last edited:

Heat Cyclone (Volcarona) @ Buginium Z
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 80 HP / 4 Def / 200 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Protect

Team Player Cat (Persian-Alola) @ Mago Berry
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 228 HP / 8 Def / 48 SpD / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Parting Shot

Algorithm (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Tapu Storm (Tapu Fini) @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 164 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Muddy Water
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Protect

Powervolt (Zapdos) @ Misty Seed
Ability: Static
EVs: 244 HP / 80 Def / 16 SpA / 104 SpD / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind
- Roost

Hammerhead (Landorus-Therian) @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 220 HP / 32 Atk / 24 Def / 136 SpA / 24 SpD / 72 Spe
Mild Nature
- Earth Power
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Here's my Volc team that I built with talkingtree for week 5 of SPL. I was really wanting to use the moth for several weeks but didn't come up with a team that I loved and didnt feel the need to rush into using it. Then i thought of pairing it with the cat. Fast fake out, parting shot and taunt all help volc a ton in stopping speed control, faking out for a free quiver dance and weakening offensive checks to volc. The rest of the team was built around these two, Metagross forming a good offensive core with its coverage and ability to punish really all switchins like zygarde, tyranitar, volcanion, etc. Zap and fini gave the team a bit of a spine to hold up against rain or other very offensive teams, with lando at the end as a glue for intimidate, rocks support and a panic charizard check as volc teams are gonna struggle against zard kind of by nature. I really love this team, happy with how it turned out, s/o tree for ev'ing it

After a long hiatus, I lost my old account... Anyways, volcarona always have been a favorite of mine and wanted to give this TB competition a shot.

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Taunt
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 240 HP / 172 Def / 96 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Assault Vest
EVs: 184 HP / 112 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Earthquake

Rotom-Wash @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 72 SpA / 184 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Defog
- Protect

Volcarona @ Firium Z
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Protect

When I first used Volcarona in the current meta, I noticed that dragons (Kyube & Zygarde) are still quite relevant, so I decided that Metagross can be a nice check to them in addition to Tyranitar. Another popularity I noticed was Stealth Rock, so I put Defog Rotom-Wash to take care of that and Landorus-T. Rain and Trick Room was a still a problem so, I added Amoonguss and Tapu Lele to supplement its access to Spore. Last mon to be chosen was Landorus-T for Intimidate and Knock Off support (when did Chansey become a thing?).

Platinum God n1n1

the real n1n1
is a Tiering Contributor

Volcarona @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Bug Buzz

Cresselia @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Icy Wind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Protect

Landorus-Therian @ Aguav Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Heavy Slam
- Wide Guard
- Protect

Heres an old team I built. I think I wanted to build around Scarf Volcarona because it can catch Scarf Genesects, Uturn, and has 135 SpA. All that is very nice.

So then I decide to build a Sun team to maximize the power of Volc. Lets do Sun Cress, its good, its a good win condition. The Scarf Volc has HP Ice, and Cress has Icy Wind so that helps check a few of Zard-Y threats.

I updated this team with Defog Lando because Stealth Rocks destroy ZardY and Volc. Lando is also an important Incinroar and Koko check, and another guy with HP Ice. Avest Hariyama is a bulky guy to check Incin and with Poison Jab it does well vs Koko too.

Celesteela finishes the team with Wide Guard Support

Kenpwnchi

formerly Pwndkthnx

Gothitelle @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Heal Pulse
- Ally Switch
- Helping Hand

Volcarona @ Charti Berry
EVs: 80 Def / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Heat Wave
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Salamence-Mega @ Salamencite
EVs: 104 HP / 152 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Tailwind
- Protect

Tapu Fini @ Fairium Z
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Nature's Madness
- Taunt
- Defog

Kartana @ Figy Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Substitute
- Protect

Nidoking @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
So, this week is a bit different from my other weeks of teambuilding. After signing a contract in blood, me and Fespy decided to build together this week. Since Fespy likes Gothitelle, that was the first mon we added. We wanted to maximize Goth’s usage, so we gave it Heal Pulse, Ally Switch, and Helping Hand. For Volcarona’s item, I felt we need a safety net to keep Volcarona from getting killed by a x4 Rock-type move, and, thus, I picked Charti Berry. However, if you’d like, you can always use Buginium Z. The reason I opted not to use it is because Bug-type moves aren’t doing much super effective damage in this meta.

Our Volcarona is the standard set-up type. Roost helps keep it alive whenever Gothitelle can’t. After picking our first two Pokémon, we needed a mega (and a Ground-type resist). I immediately thought Salamence. Instead of doing a physical or mixed Salamence, I decided we should go special. With Intimidate running around, it kinda weakens the use of physical Salamence. It’s SPA is okay, too. Salamence is built to allow us constant speed control through Tailwind. Roost and Protect keeps Salamence alive and well.

We needed a Tapu, so we came to the agreement of using Tapu Fini. Aside from Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini is the only real useful Tapu. Misty Terrain protects our team from statuses and weakens Dragon-type moves. Not only that, but I gave Tapu Fini Fairium Z, so after using Moonblast or Nature’s Madness, it can finish the deed. Pokémon like Kyurem-Black, Kommo-o and Zygarde are a thing of the past. Tapu Fini has Taunt to stop TR and set-up Pokémon, and Defog to remove SR for Volcarona. If you want to change Tapu Fini’s item, you can give it a pinch berry (although I wouldn’t give it a Wiki Berry because Goth has that, and using the same items for different Pokémon is for uncultured swine).

Kartana is our primary attacker. It basically sits behind Substitute, and wrecks shit. For our last Pokémon, we needed a Tapu killer. Fespy suggested Nidoqueen, but I felt Nidoking would be better (having more ATK and SPA than Nidoqueen), so we went with that. Choice Scarf is to make Nidoking as fast as possible, and it has four different types of moves, giving it excellent coverage aside from just being a Tapu killer. For example, Earth Power for Incineroar, Ice Beam for Landorus-Therian, and Flamethrower for Kartana. I hope you like our team.
P.S. Next time I post a placeholder, don’t delete it. I put it for a reason. Thanks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)