Project Doubles Teambuilding Competition - Closed

I didn't realise Persian was such high speed and then it's got fur coat too?! This thing really is a handy lead.
Miltankmilk for the vote.

Welcome back Test bot #

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
Let's take another crack at getting this back on somewhat of a schedule. Congratulations miltankmilk! Your winning team is now a part of the Hall of Fame

This week your building will be focused around cresselia. Cress boasts incredible bulk and brings a myriad of support options to the table. It can easily control the pace of the battle through icy wind and trick room and acts as a general damage sponge. Moonlight gives it a semi reliable recovery option and cresselia can easily become a late game win condition via calm mind + a terrain seed/kee berry. Toxic's rise in popularity means one has to play cress with more caution than previous metas and cresselia can also be completely walled by many popular pokemon such as metagross and incineroar. Good luck this week builders!

Submissions deadline is Sunday, March 24th at 11:59pm EST!

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
UPL Champion

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 188 Atk / 68 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Protect

Tapu Koko @ Assault Vest
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 8 SpA / 56 SpD / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nature's Madness

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fake Out
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 12 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Gastrodon @ Groundium Z
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 236 HP / 152 Def / 92 SpA / 28 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover
- Protect

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 16 SpA / 144 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Toxic
- Moonlight

Diancie seemed like something that synergizes Cresselia a fair lot, as Cress is happy to switch in on Ground types that threaten Diancie and it tends to invite Incineroar on the field, which Diancie is happy to switch into and DStorm down. Diancie also sets broken Stealth Rocks and scares your opponent from setting them thanks to Magic Bounce, which helps a lot in slow slugfests that tend to happen in games with a Cresselia involved.
Diancie also appreciates Incineroar support a lot, Fake Out gives it turns to get started with either the SR or the DStorm clickage, Intimidate is a good ability, Flare Blitz smashes Steel types that threaten it, and Diancie's ability to deter the opponent from clicking SR freely makes Incineroar even better.
I picked Celesteela as my Steel type because once again it invites Incineroar on the field which is good for Diancie, and it answers Mega Metagross very reliably which otherwise troubles Diancie a lot. Celesteela is also handy in answering Grass-type attacks coming from the likes of Kartana, Lurantis, Tapu Bulu, etc. which Diancie is scared of
At this point I have a 4-mon core with massive issues against Water and Electric types and a lot of slowness, so I opted to commit to semi-room and add Gastrodon which takes care of both of those weakness quite reliably, and already has his Grass weakness covered.
To round out the team I added Tapu Koko which offers extra offensive coverage against Water-types, another fast option outside of Trick Room which helps me control the pace of the game a lot, as well as terrain control where necessary. (and a second fairy to block the clanging)

As for set choices, I was set out on a support Cress set from the start because I don't like how Toxic completely shuts down the CM set; TR is an easy choice for speed control given the rest of the team, Toxic helps with taking down bulkier threats which I don't have many options for otherwise, Moonlight gives much needed longevity and Psychic is its most reliable attacking move for only one slot, but I guess Ice Beam is also an option since this team relies on Cress a fair lot to deal with grounds.
Diancie and Steela are both straightforward and standard set choices really, rocks are broken I'm never running earth power
Koko I wanted to be AV to be happier when switching into strong special Water moves (cases where my Gastrodon is dead or other sticky situations like that), I don't really need it to nuke things from full anyway since the rest of the team is great at getting chip down. HP Fire is not really necessary since Celesteela and Incineroar already snipe steel types really well, so I opted for double electric + Gleam + NM, but Sky Drop probably isn't bad either
Incineroar drops Knock Off for Taunt to cover Trick Room match ups as well as various annoyances like Amoonguss, Flare Blitz is really helpful in pressuring Steels out of the field which in turn frees up Diancie to go wild so I didn't want to drop it, Fake Out is a broken move, and the slow U-Turn is also quite nice for general pivoting purposes.
Gastrodon is left and it can make good use of a Z-Crystal so the choice was pretty straightforward there as well.

This team struggles a bit with fire types not named Incineroar, especially ones that run grass moves for Gastrodon (CharY, Torkoal), but if you can keep the pressure on them with Diancie it should be fine

any suggestions are welcome, I'm pretty sure this is my first time building DOU by myself :bloblul:

I miss a helping hand

Cresselia @ Wiki Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 28 SpA / 64 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Toxic
- Moonlight

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Protect

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Tailwind
- Protect

Zeraora @ Assault Vest
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 112 Atk / 76 SpD / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Volt Switch
- Snarl
- Plasma Fists

Tapu Fini @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 96 SpA / 12 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nature's Madness
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Protect

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Download
EVs: 184 Atk / 92 SpA / 232 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

I try to build a team around Calm Mind Cresselia, but I wasn't satisfied with it, so I came up with that instead. The main idea behind it is Cresselia gives a Helping Hand mainly for spread moves, with Toxic to deal with bulky threats such as Gatrodon or Zapdos if Misty Terrain isn't up. Mega Charizard Y acts as the hard hitter of the team and allows Moonlight to heal more with Drought. I choose Z-move Landorus as Cresselia and Chairzard are immune to Earthquake, giving it more opportunity to use the move. Since Charizard is crippled by Stealth Rock, Tapu Fini is there to remove it with Defog. I include Zeraora to give Charizard a safer time of setting Tailwind up with Fake Out. Genesect is here to fill up the coverage that the team missed, with sun boosting its Flamethrower. Also, I didn't maximize Genesect's speed EV as it can't outspeed Scarf Victini anyway.

Last edited:

Cresselia @ Grassy Seed
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Icy Wind
- Psyshock
- Moonlight

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Heat Wave
- Protect
- Tailwind

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 20 Def / 112 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Flare Blitz
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian @ Groundium Z
EVs: 240 HP / 56 Def / 116 SpA / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- U-turn

Tapu Bulu @ Adrenaline Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 44 HP / 220 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Wood Hammer
- Superpower

Gothitelle @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 192 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psychic
- Heal Pulse
- Taunt
- Helping Hand

Ok so i wanted to build a team around setup cress while marsh is being suspected... but whatever, having double intimidate and obviously the big two(inci+lando) i think this team can handle marsh decently.

Cresselia: Classic cm moonlight with sun support offer cress being really annoying in the battle, speed control + stab is the set i really like to use, as i said before, Marsh seems a threat to this, however, Cress can easily live any attack with the +1 defense from Grassy seed, then u can icy wind and revenge kill with any teammate, there is not much more to say about Cress.

Charizard: I choosed to use mono-fire attacks + tailwind, having a bulu in the team don't think i would need Solar Beam, also tailwind is really nice for the rest of teammates because this isn't a really fast team, overheat offers a big nuke againts threats like KyuB, being able to ohko him with helping hand after rocks is really nice.

Incineroar: Well, there's no much to say about this mon too, pairing fake out+bulu sd adrenaline orb can be sooo cool and also being one of the best Gothitelle teammates.

Landorus-T: Special bulk lando helps this team against threats like M-Metagross, which can live and ice punch after intimidate and nuke him back with z-earth power, i prefer special lando not only because i have a bulu, M-Salamence can be a threat too.

Tapu Bulu: Ok so this is something i never realized but Adrenaline orb bulu can be really threatening for teams that bulu checks are mainly intimidaters like inci+lando which also died from any attack after SD, Bulu can really put in work if you can setup with your own inci support, also being able to outspeed mega manectric with the plus 1 is really cool.

Gothitelle: As the last member i wanted to put some heal support for the team, i choosed gothitelle because helps with trick room matchup, trapping things like chansey or cresselia and taunting them helps alot.

This is my first buildin' so hope this seems at least decent ><

Well, since I am using a TR Cresselia, I wanted to use a TR-proof Mega (Scisor). With fire-type moves being Scizor's only weakness, I thought Diancie can take of them and definitely bypass Wide Guard through its Z-move if needed. Next, I added Incineroar for Intimidate, Fake Out, and Fire Power support (Diancie hates Steels). Tapu Fini is just the team's Medic. The last mon to be selected was Kyube because of its good coverage.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 SpD
Brave Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Incineroar @ Figy Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Atk / 96 Def / 128 SpD
Brave Nature
- Knock Off
- Flare Blitz
- Protect
- Fake Out

Cresselia @ Kee Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Toxic
- Moonlight

Tapu Fini @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 208 HP / 192 Def / 24 SpA / 84 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Heal Pulse
- Muddy Water
- Nature's Madness
- Protect

Diancie @ Rockium Z
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpA
Brave Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Trick Room
- Protect

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpA
Brave Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Protect

Last edited:

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
This round's voting is up! Vote for the user who you want to win the most.

The Idiot Ninja
HeatEdgeSword
Kiichikos
Test Bots

Voting deadline is Wednesday, March 27 at 11:59 pm EST!

laptops

everything is beautiful
is a Tiering Contributor
Our tie is now broken! Congrats to The Idiot Ninja for taking the week. His team is now a part of the Hall of Fame. Looking forward...

This week's building focus is going to be Pheromosa. While it's attractiveness may be a subject of debate, it's ability to dent teams is not. Pheromosa is a glass cannon much like deoxys and uninvested kartana. It's sets are pretty linear with offensive sash and z move being the two most popular. It is one of the fastest pokemon in the tier and can pivot out first with stab u-turn or fire of extremely powerful z focus blasts. It also has interesting support options via taunt, quick guard, and icy wind/electroweb. Good luck to everyone this week, I can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Submissions deadline is Thursday, April 4th at 11:59pm EST!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)