DPP Cup V - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logo by MiniArchitect

DPP Cup Round 3

*Clicks Dynamic Punch*

Tournament Rules:
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Smogon Classic rules can be read here.
  • Standard DPP OU
  • Best of three, single elimination.
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown!
  • Do not make baseless activity posts -- get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponent’s replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle..

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Baton Pass Clause: Limit one Baton Passer, can't pass Spe and other stats simultaneously
Pairings

Eo Ut Mortus vs Lopunny Kicks
Stone_Cold vs UD
Heysup vs Marshall.Law
Malekith vs Flex Pavillion
undisputed vs Raining Inside
Energy vs Tamahome
Pearl vs shawyu 1313
BKC vs CKW
(badabing vs PNF) vs Alkione
Stratos vs squinn
Vileman vs Nelson
CZ. vs soTsoT
SoulWind vs Void
Sageau vs Alexander.
BIHI vs Atticus
-okara vs Sinkyr
Akola vs LightScreener
TonyFlygon vs 0NI
Fakes vs Abyssal Ruins
dcae vs Quartosa
CyberOdin vs jacob
(elodin vs Misterioussaint) vs Ojama
innisfree vs Lavos
d0nut vs Charmflash
Snou vs H.M.N.I.P
69 problems vs HarrisIsAwesome
Bedschibaer vs (Sharow vs mael)
rozes vs Honor
byronthewellwell vs Mob Barley
ABR vs Jarii
Cynara vs dice
z0mOG vs Groudon
Updated Kanto vs hellpowna
Mana vs snøfall
tazz vs monchooo
(Confide vs Shadow_Sneak) vs EternalSnowman
Hassin627 vs yoppie
Altina vs SOMALIA
(Zokuru vs Bull Of Heaven) vs Askov
obii vs Heroic Troller
Shizuki vs Tachibana
RedEmption vs Winterains
frisoeva vs Bughouse
Endal vs ima
Rodriblutar vs Real FV13
Oibaf vs Sakito
zugubu royale vs BlameTheBlax
Adam the First vs lighthouses
Garay oak vs DurzaOffTopic
Flares. vs Spl4sh
robjr vs HSA
double switches vs TSR
Mysterious Player vs Pohjis
ayevon vs Stockings
Ranshiin vs FlamingVictini
Jardem vs august
Vay vs 1 True Lycan
UltraBallz vs eden's embrace
Hubriz vs StepC
Averardo vs (Bad Ass vs Dj Breloominati♬)
Dragonflo vs Genesis7
Renato99 vs (Metacomet vs Conflict)
Praetorian vs Jytcampbell
TheBigSteve vs Taylor

Extension deadline is wednesday 24th midnight EDT.

DEADLINE FOR R3
: SUNDAY 28th of April, 23:59 EDT.

Last edited:

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
i know this is late but i believe i should have gotten the act win vs oibaf, they missed scheduled time (on my wall). is it too late to get that win (i thought deadline was next week for some reason)

i know this is late but i believe i should have gotten the act win vs oibaf, they missed scheduled time (on my wall). is it too late to get that win (i thought deadline was next week for some reason)
I'm afraid activity wins aren't handed out after series get played, your opponent posted that he won so naturally he advanced to the next round.
Oibaf Please pm me some replays of you fighting Cheese5555 in DPP either here on smogon or on discord (Jimmy Turtwig#3995) to confirm this actually happened, because something clearly went wrong here.

as I said in private on sd, I was there with another alt but he never told me that the main alt he uses is different between the one on smogon. Whatever, I sent the replays anyway.

After checking the replays sent to me by Oibaf and their scheduling information, the pairing for round 3 stays unchanged.
Whatever Cheese5555 is trying to pull here is TD business now.

Edit: After seeing pm logs between Bad Ass and Dj Breloominati♬ for their round 2 match, I'll change the coinflip to an extension. Deadline is wednesday 24th of April midnight EDT.

New Pairing

Averardo vs (Bad Ass vs Dj Breloominati♬)

Last edited:
Seriously?
why did he call the activity for jcbc if he challenged me and then suddenly disappeared?
I waited 20 minutes and did not show up
writing to me on smogon
Why didn't you ask for an extension? This behavior is decidedly unfair and I ask for Activity W.
I hope my request is accepted.

Seriously?
why did he call the activity for jcbc if he challenged me and then suddenly disappeared?
I waited 20 minutes and did not show up
writing to me on smogon
Why didn't you ask for an extension? This behavior is decidedly unfair and I ask for Activity W.
I hope my request is accepted.
Considering you actually started up a game, jcbc left and hasn't contacted anyone since, this decision will have to be changed.

Activity win for round 2: StepC vs jcbc

New Pairing: StepC vs Hubriz

On a related note, it is really annoying to have to change these decisions all the time because people come up with new information 2 days after the deadline. Just to state the obvious: anything I don't have access to can't be considered when dealing with uncompleted games. So please stop doing that and share relevant logs in pm beforehand, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)