Drag (mostly RPDR - Spoiler Heavy)

I think this is a pretty mediocre cast, especially compared to S10. Vanjie is the only one who I think is consistently bringing it; everyone else has been up and down, even those I think will make it pretty far (Yvie, A’Keria, Brooke, maybe Scarlet). At least we’re getting a cascade of memes and general ridiculousness to keep it entertaining, even if the competition itself isn’t particularly inspiring.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yvie and Brooke Lynn are both great and obvious finals material, unless they want to gag us and eliminate one at like 6th.

I also love Shuga and wish she was getting more love from the judges. The NERVE of that runway.

Yvie and Brooke Lynn are both great and obvious finals material, unless they want to gag us and eliminate one at like 6th.

I also love Shuga and wish she was getting more love from the judges. The NERVE of that runway.
I appreciated the gag of Shuga’s runway but the judges don’t usually love boy drag, even when it’s feminized. I also thought the shock of her choosing to do that look was more impactful than the look itself, if that makes sense.

Brooke feels to me like she’s not gonna be able to keep up in the challenges long-term and if she has a bad runway she’s gonna have to pray she’s up against someone she can beat in a lip sync. I could definitely see her landing somewhere around 6th place. And with the development in tonight’s Untucked there’s also the potential for an emotional breakup elimination, which I doubt Ru would pass up. She has “Ivy Winters edit” written all over her.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Wow I loved this episode!! This was the best lip-sync rusical by far, which is extra pleasantly surprising considering how cringey the possibilities were for a trump musical. I don't think vanjie should have been in the bottom, but I'm so happy for silky!!! She didn't miss a beat throughout the whole episode, then she made the best out of a shitty role, then turned the fuck outta the runway. Yvie was also incredible, but her role was also much easier, so I think it's a fair decision.

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
I think Vanjie was on the bottom for story and so Michelle could clock her similar looks, more so than the challenge performance. These sorts of challenges are useful for production because they can judge them on arbitrary shit like whether or not they were giving the 'essence' of the character, so it's pretty much free story placements. What the fuck is the essence of Rosie O'Donnell anyway.

That said, I think Yvie would've won had next episode not been the monster ball that she's pretty much confirmed to blitz. Having 3 challenge wins by episode 5 would make it really jarring if she were to get eliminated, or make the winner obvious halfway through the season, lol.

I have really mixed feelings about this challenge though. The content itself was incredibly cringy, but I don't think any of the queens did poorly at all. Of course some blended, but the writers of the challenges aren't good enough to give everyone an opportunity to truly shine (see: Diana in baddest bitches in herstory). It was Mercedes time to go though, but I feel like she left on a high note in comparison to the rest of her run.

Knowing Ru, I feel like the Vanjie/Brooke relationship is just going to end up being fodder for drama. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if one of them got eliminated next week for a double twist (both because they’ve been doing well and because it would break them up).

It was sad to see Mercedes go but my instinct says she might come back for S12. She kinda reminds me of Cynthia Lee Fontaine, she never did especially well but she was lovable and unique.

I thought this was the strongest runway yet across the board. The only one I didn’t love was Shuga - I appreciate the gutsiness but the execution felt too safe. For instance, if she wanted to really push it while also being more on theme she could’ve come out as Trump in an orange prison jumpsuit.

Silky’s edit is softening up a lot, I feel like they’re preparing a narrative to put her in the top 4: the loud queen who’s actually smart underneath who learns to edit herself/show her empathy and also ups her looks throughout the season. She did look stunning this week so a deserved win IMO.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Yvie is an instigator and I love it, that's all.

Agree with EV. I don't get nearly as much enjoyment out of watching "that girl" (whether it's Yvie, Gia, Raven, etc.) as most others seem to. At least be funny about it; I don't think "abrasive and confrontational" is a great look. I do like Yvie as a whole, though, and I get where she's coming from.

• Love
Reactions: EV
I liked Gia in her original season because she didn’t seem to know she was stirring shit up, or at least was good enough at coming across as stupid that it seemed like ignorance/lack of tact rather than villainy. It was too clearly intentional in AS4. I agree Yvie is getting on my nerves - Scarlet’s point was salient that Yvie isn’t necessarily ever wrong but she doesn’t bring stuff up at the right time, and she definitely doesn’t do it in the right way. Shouting a valid critique in the midst of a heated discussion robs it of some of its impact and makes it seem more like an attack than constructive criticism.

I also completely forgot Brooke is a trained dancer even though she just mentioned it last episode. She might be tough to beat, although we know how producing and editing can be manipulated to justify pretty much any narrative on the show these days.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
This judging was very questionable.

Scarlet should have won by far. They are circlejerking the fuck out of Yvie who should have been in the bottom, not the top. Brooklyn got super overrated as well. Silky shouldn't have been in the bottom, and she definitely shouldn't have gotten read for not looking enough like a monster (um, Brooke was a lady with a snake wrapped around her neck). Also there is no way in hell Ra'jah won that mini challenge.

Sidenote: didn't we already hear Nina's untucked story last week?

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
sorry, which of scarlet's looks did you think was good? xD
I didn't care for any of the 3.

Brooke's final dress was well done, though I agree it didn't really fit the category. That said, she dominated the first two rounds so I'm fine with it. Personally, I think I'd have given the win to Plastique though.

Cleo

point me to the nearest waffle house
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
okay but the judging was extremely questionable. i agree with that. But not many queens gave a consistent runway. many were just good 2/3

Plastique deserved to win and the forced “no personality” critique was dumb. Yvie shouldnt have been in the top, but def not bottom either. Safe is fine. I probably would’ve replaced her with Nina West. If they’re going to read Yvie for her MILF look but praise for her first two, then Nina’s tramp look wasn’t great but her other two were by far better than Yvie. The Witch look was so creative, gag.

Bottom three was fine. Watching the episode I kinda expected Rajah to land in the bottom again. And the mini challenge win was ??? but didn’t rly matter in the end. There was no main challenge prize to go along with it

EV

Banned deucer.
RJ won that mini because it fit her narrative. We all know Ru has a spy camera in the workroom.

I don't think anyone was successful at delivering three looks that fit each theme, but I think that's also the fault of the challenge. I wish the challenge was to deliver three *distinct* looks instead of categories that shared overlap to the point where you could be a witch in category 3 and win (Brooke.)

If I were a challenge producer I would have made it:
  • Sexy ghost
  • Bitchy witch
  • Classic Movie Monster Eleganza
Tongue pop

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
um excuse you brooke was a BLACK WIDOW i will not accept this blatant whitephobia

ngl this season kind of sucks. idk if its because of how obviously production is pushing queens like yvie and nina, or because they've already exhausted their pool of great talent in the first 10 seasons and all they have left to cast are the queens who are severely lacking in at least one of the pillars of CUNT

like i'll still watch because vanjie's voice does something to my mind hole but i was expecting a lot more, talent-wise and drama-wise, from the first couple of episodes and the queens' antics outside of the show, and it's just been disappointing

Exeggutor

twist
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Plastique won this season already don't @ me.

I'm kind of tired of the show, though. Give it more time between seasons. As much as people might complain if stuff shifts back to a more staggered schedule, people also need time to breathe. I don't need this much content if it's going to be mediocre.

Bughouse

Tbh no one did bad in the challenge so idk who you wanted in the bottom 2 instead. and that was the correct decision on the lip sync. Maybe a double save could’ve been appropriate but those usually don’t come at F10.

Nice to see there are dragrace fans over here too!

At first I was mad at Ru for keeping Rajah but then I reminded myself it raises Yvie's chances of winning the whole thing so...

SupremeFashion

Banned deucer.
Plastique won this season already don't @ me.

I'm kind of tired of the show, though. Give it more time between seasons. As much as people might complain if stuff shifts back to a more staggered schedule, people also need time to breathe. I don't need this much content if it's going to be mediocre.
Yea I agree. I would prefer if it was more spaced out with bigger "payoffs" so to say. I get they're trying to appeal to the growing fanbase and stuff but... meh. Losing it's charm.

Cleo

point me to the nearest waffle house
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ep6 was solid. Good challenge, good runway, fun judges, deserved bottom 2, and fun lipsync. I was (also) surprised Rajah (3rd time lipsyncing) won over Scarlet (2nd time, but 1 win). But then on second thought Rajah did better in the lipsync so I guess

At least, the judging wasn’t bad this week. I mean, what was Vanjie THINKING with her runway

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
that was absolutely not the correct decision in the lip sync. lol scarlet won by every metric. not only did she destroy rajah in this lip sync, but also rajah has lip synced for literally half the season so far.

im glad the internet as a whole mostly agrees that scarlet was egregiously robbed, but the fact that there's a few people out there who actually thought rajah should have stayed is almost as surreal as the judges reaction to yvie's walmart clearance dinosaur. i don't even like scarlet that much, but this was the biggest robbery in the history of the show, imo.

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
that was absolutely not the correct decision in the lip sync. lol scarlet won by every metric. not only did she destroy rajah in this lip sync, but also rajah has lip synced for literally half the season so far.

im glad the internet as a whole mostly agrees that scarlet was egregiously robbed, but the fact that there's a few people out there who actually thought rajah should have stayed is almost as surreal as the judges reaction to yvie's walmart clearance dinosaur. i don't even like scarlet that much, but this was the biggest robbery in the history of the show, imo.
tea, Scarlet is basic and bland while Ra'jah is our patron saint of messy talking heads and petty drama this season, but Scarlet smashed that lip sync. She danced well, she used gimmicks that suited the song and happened at the right time, and she embodied the music much better than Ra'jah. It was the right decision in the long run bc while neither of them are top 3 Ra'jah is more entertaining, but what are the editors doing

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
i thought scarlet could have gone all the way, tbh. She's been killing it lately, and was super robbed in the monster ball too.

And yeah, she was the first queen since shangela to effectively use "gimmicks". She took a tiny bit too long to cut of the dress with those golden scissors, but other than that i thought it was one of the best lip sync performances ever on the show. :(

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
imo she would never have been in the bottom if she would have just padded, i thought her runway was the worst

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)