Drag (mostly RPDR - Spoiler Heavy)

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
I'm honestly so gutted that Ra'jah went home bc I get my life every time she goes off on someone. Plastique was found dead. I also loved the contrast between Ru's 'we are family' platitudes on the main stage and the queen's going into the back room and proceeding to scream at each other. I hope Silky and Yvie drama can sustain us for the rest of the season

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This episode was a waste, rajah’s look would have actually been one of the best if it wasn’t tearing at the seams.

Yvie’s look was the best and giving a win to plastique in this episode was so contrived but needed for her to make the finale.

I’ve never been one to totally buy into the producer riggery stuff but it was so blatant this week. On top of Alyssa being there, Plastique gets a video from her boyfriend? A coincidence, I’m sure...

Cleo

point me to the nearest waffle house
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I’ve never been one to totally buy into the producer riggery stuff but it was so blatant this week. On top of Alyssa being there, Plastique gets a video from her boyfriend? A coincidence, I’m sure...
I’m just glad Rajah called it out. Pretty refreshing to see that a queen during filming the competition can see the producers’ edit

EV

Banned deucer.
No, fuck Ra'Jah. She's shady af, talking shit about Plastique and other queens while being kissy kissy I love you in the workroom with them. Next time glue on your earrings. you'll never be glamour

This season has just been boring overall. I don't know if it's content fatigue like eggy said or poor casting or what but nothing feels iconic - yet. I'm hoping something happens and soon. My money was on a double sashay of Brooke and Vanjie for off screen fuckery (you know, actual fuckery) but then we'd lose the best personality, so.

Because I have nothing better to do, my top 6 predictions:

6. Nina West
5. Vanessa Vanjie Mateo Get These Cookies, Baby
4. Silky
Finale
2. Plastique
2. Yvie
1. Brooke Lynn

Come at me.

Cleo

I could never come for you bc an ugly girl could never come for a pretty girl

I would love to see Shuga go further but shes fading. Maybe she becomes the Kameron Michaels of this season, but I can see the below happening instead

My top 6 predict is:
vanjie < plastique < a’keria (a top four like s9/10?) < nina/brooke < yvie wins

Exeggutor

twist
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Shuga's fading because she's been cast as a backdrop and she's not getting screen time.
Ra'Jahs looks are crusty and she manages to embody every jealous, ashy black girl I knew in secondary school, and her recognising that she's not been cast to win won't change that.
Vanjie should have been in the bottom and Nina was fine.

I hate this goddamn show

Cleo

I forgot to say that. Vanjie not being in the bottom is criminal. It's akin to The Vixen's look on s10 ep1's (also should've been bottom)

Cleo

Really fun episode. I just have two things to say
1. If they’re calling out silhouettes, then Silky needs to be called out for wearing the same gown 3-4 times
2. Nina should have been blac chyna won. Runway + Snatch Game >> Silky

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yes to #1. #2, sure, except Shuga should have won if runway mattered on the snatch game episode.

vanjie should have been lip syncing not Brooke. But I'm not mad about it lol because that was like a top 5 lip sync of all time (top 3? I'm genuinely not sure... may be the best).

Cleo

Shuga’s RUNWAY WAS SO GOOD. Also her snatch game was spot on. Just not as funny which is why I didn’t think of her immediately. But yeah I would’ve been fine with her winning too

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
well we all knew tha t snatch game would disappoint when my girl vanjie didnt come out as cardi b

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
well we all knew tha t snatch game would disappoint when my girl vanjie didnt come out as cardi b
What the FUCK was she doing and how the fuck was she safe

Like Michelle's 'we're seeing the same thing' critique is as old and tired as I am because why fuck with a good look but she should have had to lipsync against Brooke this week I'm sorry nails emoji

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I thought the judging was entirely on point this week. Silky CLEARLY won, with Shuga and Nina also doing well.

Brooke and Yvie were the obvious bottoms with awful performances and bad runway looks (we all loved Brooke's little dance routine, but she just wore some awkward looking straps tbh). Vanjie was fine, she mostly just fell victim to a bad edit (the guest judges said they were laughing at vanjie the whole time, but the producers only showed them cringing....? spooky). Plus, she looked really good this week, corset or no corset.

That lip-sync was a fantastic mess. Deserved double shantay, even though I was so excited for yvie to get sent home.

EV

Banned deucer.
Snatch Game

I don't know who that woman is that Silky impersonated so it's hard for me to say if it was any good wrt characterization HOWEVER I still wasn't entertainted. Whore example, when Sasha Velour did Marlene Dietrich or Jinkx did Little Edie I had about .5% understanding of the real person but it was still funny. From what I can tell, Silky relied on catchphrase soup to earn laughs and thus didn't win over types like me who are like "Okay, so she's obsessed with penis size?".

Juxtapose the above with Nina, who pulled a Sasha/Jinkx imo. I know who Harvey Fierstein is (but not that specific character - his drag persona?) but I didn't recognize the second impersonation. Nina still managed to make me laugh because she's a good actor and while she relied on some catchphrases she managed to incorporate them into the game rather than just shoehorning lines for the sake of it.

The other girls were right to read Plastique on doing the same character. Vietnamese nail tech was funny ONCE.

Yvie bombed so hard with Whoopi. Rather than go generic Whoopi the celebrity, I would have loved to see a Whoopi character, like the one from Ghost or Sister Act (both mentioned by the judges), just as Bendela did with Maggie Smith and the Dowager Countess. Could you imagine her doing Sister Mary Clarence? There's so much comedy right there: Looking out for the mob, breaking into random songs, banging a tambourine. Good lord.

Shuga had Charo's look and voice and mannerisms but nothing else. She was Charo but she wasn't really funny.

Vanessa was flat. A meme doing a meme. I think she's funniest when she's not trying to be funny (like irl memes).

A'Keria was safe.

BLH's Celine was rightfully trashed. She played a generic Canadian with a microphone and a backwards suit. I think she tried to do what Jinkx recommended, which was to take it to the extreme if you can't get the characterization down. Unfortunately, Brooke isn't naturally funny or accidentally funny and it didn't work.

Runway

Why didn't Nina win? The challenge was sequins. At the basic level, you come out in a gown (Silky) or bodysuit (Vanjie) and the sequins are an afterthought. At the next level, you incorporate your main challenge into the look (Nina, who went camp after portraying two campy characters).

Lip Sync

Saw it coming a mile away. But for a split second I thought it was gonna be Brooke v Vanjie which would have GAGGED me. I was totally expecting a Raven v Jujube from All Stars 1 moment. Anywho, this episode redeemed the season for me.

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
TS Madison is a gift to the queer community, you should honestly look her up. She's the one from that "step ya pussy up, get a job, suck a dick, own a business" vine. And she takes queens to get fast food and pays with her hair money, it's wonderful. I think Silky did her justice; it wasn't catchphrase soup as much as TS is just a very similar personality to Silky.

BLH not breaking down and screaming GET 2 PEOPLE GET A KAYAK AND GET INSIDE THOSE WALLS was honestly a crime; if you're going to come for a celebrity on snatch you basically need to come for their emotional breakdowns too.

All in all though I think it's time for a different take on the celeb impersonation challenge. Snatch Game is fun but like the rest of drag race it's just fatiguing me now. I'd like to see what they can do with a version of the jump in variety hour challenge from AS1, and maybe each season just switch between those two.

If Tammie Brown doesn't visit the girls in the workroom I'm going to gay riot btw

Last edited:

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
The problem is nina is always camp. Not Manilla spaghetti dress glam camp, just Mimi Imfurst leigh bowery camp. Like, the salem witch dress could have been a gorgeous reveal or at least pleasant to look at, but instead we got a cheap colonial costume with some clip art fire awkwardly on the bottom. "So tacky that it's good" only works when you don't do it every week. This is probably the best she looked so far, but it was still ugly and poorly matched imo. The concept was there, but I honestly think she just doesn't have the fashion (or walking) instincts of a runway queen.

tysequaine

80% sexy, 20% disgusting
The problem is nina is always camp. Not Manilla spaghetti dress glam camp, just Mimi Imfurst leigh bowery camp. Like, the salem witch dress could have been a gorgeous reveal or at least pleasant to look at, but instead we got a cheap colonial costume with some clip art fire awkwardly on the bottom. "So tacky that it's good" only works when you don't do it every week. This is probably the best she looked so far, but it was still ugly and poorly matched imo. The concept was there, but I honestly think she just doesn't have the fashion (or walking) instincts of a runway queen.
I think it's unfortunate that the way she show is presented puts such a heavy focus on glam when it comes to the runway, bc some queens will just never be glamour. Doesn't mean they can't look good, but when your looks are constantly being put up against someone's beautiful gown it hardly gives fully campy queens room to breathe. Doesn't help that any time anyone does anything that isn't glam more than once, they get read to death by Michelle for not being original.

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
Nina looked so good! I'm happy. Shuga has been turning great looks too.

I think Brooke won both in the challenge and the runway, but idt she necessarily deserved monster ball, so it evens out I guess. Akeria was also great, but I thought her outfit was hideous. The top 3 and bottom 3 were good for once, so that's nice.

Cleo

That’s what I think too. I thought for sure they were going to give the win to Brooke, but I’m so happy for Akeria. She’s getting the treatment she deserves !

Although I will say they gave an awful lot of negative critiques to Silky that I question why Nina wasn’t there instead?

Bughouse

So this means Brook sends Vanjie home next week, right? Then I’m not sure who goes home in 5th... Akeria I guess because I don’t think it’s Brook or Nina and we need the yvie v silky lip sync.

Although 5th place is often a villain or fan fave (derick, alexis, dela, katya, cracker) so maybe we get yvie v silky then.

Cleo

Four people with two wins each. If Yvie wins the next and Vanjie goes home, I will be shook at our final five. So powerful

EV

Banned deucer.
Four people with two wins because the judges are padding wins to even the playing field and hold back the natural front runner(s).

Also, did someone kill Carson Kressley??? Where she been? #wherescarson #findcarson #milkcartoneleganzaextravaganza

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)