Pokémon Dragalge (HA confirmed to be Adaptability)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I just tried to see if it could get Gunk Shot through breeding with an Octillery and it didn't work =/ I was hoping it could be able to pull off an Adaptability Banded set since Gunk Shot getting an accuracy boost would do huge damage even with the mediocre attack. Just look at Talonflame if you question the power.

I don't know how viable it is for top level play, but I like using him in teams that have toxic spike users. He can do some major damage with venom drench and venoshock this way.

Really wish he had ice beam, though.

Last edited:
I still say one of the BEST defensive UU teams will be Bronzong and Dragalge. but yeah adaptability is cool too lol for what the strongest Draco and Sludge in the game?

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
We will have to wait until Pokemon Z for HA to be released most likely. (Or at least we hope)

Rotosect

Banned deucer.
I still say one of the BEST defensive UU teams will be Bronzong and Dragalge. but yeah adaptability is cool too lol for what the strongest Draco and Sludge in the game?
It's not the strongest Draco Meteor in the game. It's comparable to Latios' (base 130 Sp.Atk).

252+ SpA Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 184-218 (45.5 - 53.9%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Turboblaze Reshiram Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 186-220 (46 - 54.4%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Turboblaze Kyurem-W Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 205-243 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It's comparable to Reshiram and falls short to Kyurem-White.

The thing I don't like is that it could of disposed of powerful fairy types like sylveon and was the only new poison type but lost the resistance to fairy when it evolved from the poison/water skrelp

Alright, I don't really post much, and please, forgive me if this has already been said, I love what you've got, but there are a few things I'd change here. First off, it gets sludge wave, which is higher base power, with the same accuracy. And second, without any physical moves, shouldn't the ability be changed to poison point instead?

Alright, I don't really post much, and please, forgive me if this has already been said, I love what you've got, but there are a few things I'd change here. First off, it gets sludge wave, which is higher base power, with the same accuracy. And second, without any physical moves, shouldn't the ability be changed to poison point instead?
Sludge Wave is generally slightly inferior to sludge bomb since the 30% chance to poison is often capable of doing more damage/being more annoying than the extra 5 base power, which generally isn't too important. Unless you've got calcs proving that sludge wave seals certain KOs, it's not worth it.

Secondly, adaptability doubles STAB on both physical and special moves, if that's what your referring to. Poison touch should realistically never be used on Dragalge (potentially if someone gets a decent physical set, but that seems it would be outclassed anyway). Poison point shouldn't really be used on Dragalge either, unless it's running acid armor, haze, play rough, toxic spikes, or venom drench (known egg moves).

My idea of hell is that one day, who you are, will meet who you could have been.
As a part time fanfiction editor, I'd recommend checking those commas in your sig. They annoy me to no end xD

Secondly, adaptability doubles STAB on both physical and special moves, if that's what your referring to. Poison touch should realistically never be used on Dragalge (potentially if someone gets a decent physical set, but that seems it would be outclassed anyway). Poison point shouldn't really be used on Dragalge either, unless it's running acid armor, haze, play rough, toxic spikes, or venom drench (known egg moves).
I think Keaton means that we should use poison point until adaptability is unlocked. I mean adaptability outclasses both other abilities by a mile but until we get it (which might never happen) it's best to imagine it doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)