Pokémon Dragapult

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have created the best dragapult sweeping set with the help of Andrew Loh + InconsistentPlayer. Although this may not be seen, its the best set without a doubt and I want credit for the popularisation of this set. Full set details in pokepaste link. https://pokepast.es/294706235602d84a
Do you have any replays of this in action? The only potential of the set seems to be meme potential punishing BAD Clef play. If not, the only credit you will get is the origination of a meme.

If anyone can find a better spread please let us know :) You could run 208 Speed with 76 HP for both lefties for adamant Barraskewda (great mon btw) outside of rain
76 HP / 222 SpA / 212 Spe with a Modest Nature gives you a Leftovers number and also hits 373 speed, which beats out Inteleon by one point which can be useful since it does get Shadow Ball. Also outspeeds Adamant Barraskewda outside of Rain so you can Wisp it.

Last edited:
Its physical movepool is unfortunately shallow, but it is so unbelievably versatile overall, and I think when the metagame settles, it will find its place, just because it can be tailored to suite most needs. Mixed LO lategame cleaner works well for me right now. I kinda wish it had one extra point in speed, just so it didn't have to run a + speed nature to outspeed weavile.

Its physical movepool is unfortunately shallow, but it is so unbelievably versatile overall, and I think when the metagame settles, it will find its place, just because it can be tailored to suite most needs. Mixed LO lategame cleaner works well for me right now. I kinda wish it had one extra point in speed, just so it didn't have to run a + speed nature to outspeed weavile.
Agreed. My favorite sets are mixed LO and mixed DD. The sheer versatility of this mon with its ridiculous speed tier makes it an amazing revenge killer and late game cleaner.

Do you have any replays of this in action? The only potential of the set seems to be meme potential punishing BAD Clef play. If not, the only credit you will get is the origination of a meme.
Thats all I've ever wanted

I dont generally save replays and on my main team for gen 8 ladder it isn't on there, but it was the first mon I built around and it had immediate success. It was able to carry me out of a lot of bad plays I'd make and allow me to win after 1 - 2 DD's.

This thing is good in rain too.

"The Wet Set"
Dragapult @ Expert Belt
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Naive Nature
- Agility
- Dragon Darts
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Surf

Dragon types love water, right? This is a rain set. come in on something you can force out. Agility on the switch. Congrats. You are now faster than even Jolly Barraskewda in rain (unless it is scarfed, in which case you can laugh in its face and Skewda can only 3hko you at best without crunch/throat chop) and you OHKO it easily with thunderbolt. The only moves that you might need to worry about from Barraskewda are the rarely seen crunch and throat chop, which are 100% chance OHKOs.

252 Atk Choice Band Adamant Barraskewda Liquidation vs. 48 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 255-300 (63.8 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

Some other common attacks with Adamant nature
Poison Jab: 25.4-31.3% / guaranteed 4HKO or 44% chance to 3HKO with stealth rock
Psychic fangs: 56.8-66.8% / Guaranteed 2HKO

On Dragapult's end:

252 SpA Expert Belt Dragapult Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barraskewda 418-492 (158.3 - 186.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This thing is good in rain too.

"The Wet Set"
Dragapult @ Expert Belt
EVs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Naive Nature
- Agility
- Dragon Darts
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Surf

Dragon types love water, right? This is a rain set. come in on something you can force out. Agility on the switch. Congrats. You are now faster than even Jolly Barraskewda in rain (unless it is scarfed, in which case you can laugh in its face and Skewda can only 3hko you at best without crunch/throat chop) and you OHKO it easily with thunderbolt. The only moves that you might need to worry about from Barraskewda are the rarely seen crunch and throat chop, which are 100% chance OHKOs.

252 Atk Choice Band Adamant Barraskewda Liquidation vs. 48 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 255-300 (63.8 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO.

Some other common attacks with Adamant nature
Poison Jab: 25.4-31.3% / guaranteed 4HKO or 44% chance to 3HKO with stealth rock
Psychic fangs: 56.8-66.8% / Guaranteed 2HKO

On Dragapult's end:

252 SpA Expert Belt Dragapult Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Barraskewda 418-492 (158.3 - 186.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
lol that set is awful. walled by ferrothorn. also why are you setting up speed on a fast mon. dragon darts uninvested is also gonna be hella weak, as will non stab non life orb not positive nature surf or thunder. yeah you can get past barraskewda, but rain teams have ferrothorn too.

lol that set is awful. walled by ferrothorn. also why are you setting up speed on a fast mon. dragon darts uninvested is also gonna be hella weak, as will non stab non life orb not positive life orb surf or thunder. yeah you can get past barraskewda, but rain teams have ferrothorn too.
Merely a thought from online experience.

Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body / Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- U-Turn
- Sucker Punch / Psychic Fangs / Steel Wing

The meta is still new but I've actually been having the most success with CB dragapult. It hits hard and that speed is just absolutely stunning. It's a great late-game cleaner. Dragon Darts is really spammable, especially in late game. As much as people hate on it, phantom force is also great, especially late-game, against those with ghost weakness and ghost is such a great offensive typing this generation. At worst, it can be used to stall out a turn or two of dynamax. 142-speed led U-Turn is fantastic for keeping offensive momentum. As for the fourth slot, I've been using sucker punch, mainly to beat out other dragapults but psychic fangs and steel wing could be useful as well.

Side note: I prefer jolly nature simply because I want to really abuse that speed stat and with how the meta seems to be very fast. Adamant has its own strengths as well.

Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body / Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- U-Turn
- Sucker Punch / Psychic Fangs / Steel Wing

The meta is still new but I've actually been having the most success with CB dragapult. It hits hard and that speed is just absolutely stunning. It's a great late-game cleaner. Dragon Darts is really spammable, especially in late game. As much as people hate on it, phantom force is also great, especially late-game, against those with ghost weakness and ghost is such a great offensive typing this generation. At worst, it can be used to stall out a turn or two of dynamax. 142-speed led U-Turn is fantastic for keeping offensive momentum. As for the fourth slot, I've been using sucker punch, mainly to beat out other dragapults but psychic fangs and steel wing could be useful as well.

Side note: I prefer jolly nature simply because I want to really abuse that speed stat and with how the meta seems to be very fast. Adamant has its own strengths as well.
I have actually been running a CB set as well to great success in these early days on the ladder. Mine is:

Dragapult @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Sucker Punch
- U-Turn
- Psychic Fangs

Sucker punch for opposing scarfed gengars or dragapults, psychic fangs for breaking pex and u-turn as the main move since this is used as a typical lead or momentum-gaining mon. Dynamaxing after the first CB move late game can really allow this guy to make some fun plays.

EDIT: This is also fantastic against sub/nasty plot hydreigon

Last edited:
Dragapult is a cool antimeta mon, bulky pivot or late game sweeper. I particuraly like the resttalk and the support set.

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 4 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Hex
- Sleep Talk

Pult is a fantastic spin blocker in stall, he can deals with Excadrill and Eldegoss and an emergecy button with a (very) fast will-o-wisp against Adamant Gyarados or Dynamax-Corviknight. Clear Body punishes webteams.

Dragapult @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp/Thunder Wave
- Hex
- Dragon Darts

A more offensive option is the fast support, Hex+Spooky Plate+Statuts 2HKO a large portion of the metagame. Dragon Darts deals with sub. WoW and U-turn help to grab the momentum.

Been going slow, but finally got to the point i can catch a dreepy(only level 50 ones but still). What ability are people liking more, clear body or infiltrator. Both seem good.

I am thinking of going a mixed attacker as it fits my current team and what i need(Intelleon, Roserade, Lucario, Hatterene, and Centiscorch). Are people saying that thunderbolt, fireblast dracon dart and phantom force the go to mixed set? Anything worth replacing fireblast with? Sounds like its needed for ferrathorn but if i have a Centiscorch on my team already could i replace it with dragon dance, or sonething for fairy types?

Oh not on team building, but when looking for dreepy, is it better to try for dreepy in random grass or its evo seen in the overworld?

Been using this and even topped the ladder at some point with it in conjunction with other broken set up sweepers
Dragapult @ Light Clay
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn

As a set up sweeper it feels like a mediocre choice who absolutely has to rely on Dynamax moves to deal noticeable damage, it's probably better off as an all out attacker or a pseudo screens Koko like I've been using it.
Edit: Just realized Cursed Body is a HA, Infiltrator is still decent if you wanna hit stuff behind subs or screens with Dragon Darts.
I just want to say that I agree that this is the best and most slept on way of using Dragapult. The threat of a dragon dance or choice specs sweeper of some kind is often enough in itself to force your opponent into misplays. Nobody expects Dragapult to start setting up Screens instead and it takes people by surprise. He’s so fast that setting up screens actually works perfectly for it. I’ve run the same set with Infiltrator and Dragon Tail (instead of Darts) because you can phaze away anything that tries to set up on you behind a substitute while you set up screens. It’s crazy to think of Dragapult as a supporter mon, but he can be.

Can we say Dragapult is the Gen VIII Tapu Koko?

Okay, sure, not as powerful with its STAB moves, but it's incredibly fast and incredibly versatile as well.

Can we say Dragapult is the Gen VIII Tapu Koko?

Okay, sure, not as powerful with its STAB moves, but it's incredibly fast and incredibly versatile as well.
Yea I'd say they're pretty similar. Both are/were not often gonna outright win the game at team preview, and unless they're packing Specs/Band, they lacks the power to break through the REALLY fat stuff (Pex/Corv/Chansey/Hippo/etc.), but they're fast pivots (U-Turn/Volt Switch) with great utility options (Dual Screens, Wisp/Taunt) and the ability to boost and be real menaces (DD, CM). You also really want at least one mon on your team with immunity to one of the STAB options (Fairies and fat grounds).

Absolutely gotta say that like with Tapu Koko, special sets are the go to with this Pokemon. Not only does it have a much greater special movepool but also has stronger STABs, more options and with a generally very high speed tier Dragon Dance is almost irrelevant speed tier wise I feel. This mon is very hit and run as a result of its high Speed.

However, it can tend to miss capitalizing on switchins. Thus, as with some other sets on this thread, I set out to create a utility hybrid Dragapult that happens to nicely deal with a bunch of potentially scary threats in the OU meta right now with a fast Wisp:

Dragapult @ Colbur Berry / Leftovers
EVs: 124 HP / 176 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Will-O-Wisp
- U-turn

124 HP allows Dragapult to take an Ice Fang from Jolly Choice Band Barraskewda after Stealth Rock. The Speed EVs also allow Dragapult to outspeed Jolly Barraskewda. The rest of the EVs are piled into Special Attack to make Dragapult hit hard as possible (particularly to punish walls like Corsola-G harder - this is why Hex is a valid option on Corsola-G over Night Shade as of now). Colbur Berry allows it to check Sucker Punch Cinderace and tank Knock Offs from Fighting types like Conkeldurr and Sirfetch'd whilst Leftovers gives it more longevity versus bulky walls like Corviknight and Corsola-G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)