Dragonite or Salamence?

Who is the better Choice Specs user: Dragonite or Salamence?

• Dragonite

Votes: 35 46.7%
  • Salamence

Votes: 40 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like multiscale dragondance dragonite
That set works wonders
Its like a yache berry that's an ability instead
Plus that you can roost back to multiscale makes it amazing

Mixed mence has dragonites mixed set beat though

On haxorus I liked the scarfed banded and dragon dance varients a lot
Dragon dance was a nice suprise to a lot of people
And now its far better without chomp

CB Haxorus is a better wall breaker than both but thats another conversation.

Intimidate is more useful for choice items since you cant heal with roost and multiscale will only work on the first switch in.

Its like a yache berry that's an ability instead
Yachi Berry + Multiscale = impossible to OHKO. I've been using it on the subway and the only time it's taken out is:
a) Confusion from Outrage, I usually get more than 1 DD so I can KO myself
b) Archeops got a Critical Hit with Head Smash once

I can usually get away with multiple Dragon Dances when I keep Roosting back to full.

Is roost worth it on Dragonite? I find having a third offensive for more coverage can be somewhat better in most situations.

There are multiple sets where Roost is worth the slot. One of the draws of Dragonite is its natural bulk in conjunction with Multiscale. Roost keeps it healthy and can allow it to reactiviate Multiscale, possibly allowing for even more destruction.

Aeromence said:
Choice Specs:
SpecsMence was the original 4th Gen Menace. A lot less useful now that Lati@s are out there. But now Dragonite can shine with his very underrated set. Only really usable in Rain, he run Hurricane, Thunder, Draco Meteor and Fire Blast. Salamence is still usable, only because of the surprise factor and higher speed. Dragonite wins, again.
Fireblast in the rain? *Face Palm* (You probably might need to fix that)

It's better off running Surf or extreme speed, heck even Aqua jet is a better option.

On a Different Topic

Once Female Moxie Mence is out and it gets DD, it won't be so bad, I've seen someone sweep with Mix Moxie Mence in DW.

I can't remember the move pool but I'm guessing it had Draco meteor and Fire blast Dragon Claw and possibly DD/EQ in the last slot.

It usually involves something like DD on something you threaten as they switch out and fire off a Dracto meteor on their physical wall as they're expecting a Physical attack.

Once they're physical wall is dead, proceed to sweep with +1 moxie and possibly +1 DD, which is basically +2 att and +1 spe.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is roost worth it on Dragonite? I find having a third offensive for more coverage can be somewhat better in most situations.
Hell yes. If you run a bulky DD set dragonite and get a couple of boosts you can block ice beams with roost. If you're faster and roost back up to 100% you're essentially taking neutral damage from the ice attack instead of 4x. He becomes extremely difficult to kill in general actually. Roost removes his rock weakness too, so unless you have a dragon type (who will probably be KOed by dragon claw) you're going to need a very powerful attack to take him down.

Not entirely
The only diff nite and menace has for offensive dd is that nite is more def oriented and mence is more off oriented. Those two aren't like cm viri and reu who share diff typing and diff moveset while the two dragons share way too many similarities to sAy they are totally different mons for the same offensive dd set. They are more like sd chomp and sd haxorus were before chomps ban
Also for mixed set if you read my full post I never said they are the same by how nite is more of a wallbreAker and menace is more of a mixed zweeper
That's a terrible analogy. For one thing, Garchomp is both faster and bulkier, which applies to neither of our two dragons here. Secondly, going by your STAB argument, Garchomp had a STAB EQ, which Haxorus lacked. In your analogy, one was clearly superior, which is not the case here.
SD Haxorus isn't even really a sweeper, unless you give it paralysis support, while both Nite and Mence do sweep (with DD).
It's like if I tried to compare SD Gliscor with SD Landorus. Yes, they're using the same boosting move. Yes, they have the same typing and STAB. But they're fundamentally different, and so are Nite/Mence.

On paper, they may look to be similar, but in actual battles they're so different that you'd never even think that they have as much in common as they do.

PS- They do not have the same Offensive DD set.

PPS- How on earth is MixMenxe a mixed sweeper??? 100 base speed, no boosting move... Yeah, I'm sure it can sweep every other team in this metagame.

Slim Man showed Oompa Loompa whats up lol. Anyways I was gonna say that MEnce and Dnite both have many different uses but I think Dragonite is more versatile. He can be Choice banded DDance Sub Roost and Mixed. Also he has an insane ability

It would seem the original dragon has regained it's crown. And no surprise there, with access to multiscale, dragon tail, fire punch etc Dragonite has regained its edge. kind of a relief considering everyone and their mothers had to be ready for salemence last gen before the ban. however does this mean dragonite might get banned or is that over simplifying things

That's a terrible analogy. For one thing, Garchomp is both faster and bulkier, which applies to neither of our two dragons here. Secondly, going by your STAB argument, Garchomp had a STAB EQ, which Haxorus lacked. In your analogy, one was clearly superior, which is not the case here.
SD Haxorus isn't even really a sweeper, unless you give it paralysis support, while both Nite and Mence do sweep (with DD).
It's like if I tried to compare SD Gliscor with SD Landorus. Yes, they're using the same boosting move. Yes, they have the same typing and STAB. But they're fundamentally different, and so are Nite/Mence.

On paper, they may look to be similar, but in actual battles they're so different that you'd never even think that they have as much in common as they do.

PPS- How on earth is MixMenxe a mixed sweeper??? 100 base speed, no boosting move... Yeah, I'm sure it can sweep every other team in this metagame.
that is false.
garchomp's speed and bulk are both factors that allows sd garchomp to overall outclass sdhax. by your logic, nothing would outclass anything. it is true all mons are different but in this case, the diff of the sd sets isn't enough for one to not make an analogy between the two. sd gliscor and sd landorus is a terrible anaology. whereas the two dragons shared A LOT more in common even in the roles they played within the team. the thing about garchomp was that it was a sweeper but it was also a wallbreaker just like sdhax

and what about mence and nite? yeah they are different mons but they can share sets similar enough for comparisons btw if that's what you're implying.

mixmence IS a mixed sweeper. it's played MUCH more offensively than mixnite, who usually does a lot better against stall. of coursse that applied more to gen 4 but i am sure as hell it does in gen 5 as well

that's not true at all.
i don't even know why the hell you're so into this argument esp in nite/mence thread but ok. there's a reason why people compared sdhax with sdchomp.
for one specific set, they shared a lot in common in the roles they played.
sdhax was just a worse version of sdchomp who had A LOT more going for him, whether it be in the wallbreaking dept or sweeping (sdhax just sucked like a bitch)

mixmence - mix sweeper (not too sure if it applies in gen 5 but in gen that's how it was)

nite vs. mence: bulky dd nite same as offesive ddmence? fuck no.
can offensive ddnite and offensive ddmence be compared? yes. true they have their own niche but they can still be comapred

let's stop talking about this hax vs chomp bullshit
chomp is banned and sdhax fucking sucks

nite vs mence only please

Eh I guess I'll stop with hax and chomp thing
As for the offensive nite and offensive ddmence
They have diff (particularly multiscale or their abili) but that really isn't enough to halt peeps from making conparisons

Eh I guess I'll stop with hax and chomp thing
As for the offensive nite and offensive ddmence
They have diff (particularly multiscale or their abili) but that really isn't enough to halt peeps from making conparisons
Btw no offense
Just got tired of hearing chomp and hax argument
As for the nite and mence talk, for certain specific sets yeah they can be compared for their overall effectiveness and its true their sets sometimes have a lot in common though the just don't outclass one another for mix and off dd shits

Nah you're good
Sd ad fucking sucks anyways
Cbhax is sex as hell though but whatever
As for nite and mence yeah I'm going to agree with you on that
Some defensive mence sets can use wish which nite can't do although there are better wishers

Mixmence with moxie is not all that tbh because you lose out On outrage and roost

that is false.
garchomp's speed and bulk are both factors that allows sd garchomp to overall outclass sdhax. by your logic, nothing would outclass anything.
wait, wut? Garchomp is faster and bulkier than Haxorus.
Nite is not faster and bulkier than Mence. Mence is not faster and bulkier than Nite.
Chomp's advantages over Hax are not the same as Nite's over Mence or Mence's over Nite. I don't understand how you can argue with that statement.

I do think that Pokemon can out-class others. Such as Reuniclus out-classing Beheeyem. Or Clefable out-classing Wigglytuff. I can give more examples if you'd like, though I don't see how it would be necessary.

that's not true at all.
i don't even know why the hell you're so into this argument esp in nite/mence thread but ok. there's a reason why people compared sdhax with sdchomp.
for one specific set, they shared a lot in common in the roles they played.
sdhax was just a worse version of sdchomp who had A LOT more going for him, whether it be in the wallbreaking dept or sweeping (sdhax just sucked like a bitch)
tbh, I don't give a damn about either of the Pokemon in question.
Anyway, you just said exactly my point, lol! SD Chomp was so much better than the suck-ass SD Hax. So, what's your point, other than repetition?

lordkira said:
mixmence - mix sweeper (not too sure if it applies in gen 5 but in gen that's how it was)
I'm gonna ask you the same question that I asked Oli:
What universe are you living where MixMence is a sweeper?

lordkira said:
nite vs. mence: bulky dd nite same as offesive ddmence? fuck no.
can offensive ddnite and offensive ddmence be compared? yes. true they have their own niche but they can still be comapred
*sigh* I'm not even gonna go at it again... again...

See ya, I'm off to compare NP Togekiss and NP Thundurus. :eyeroll:

lordkira said:
let's stop talking about this hax vs chomp bullshit
chomp is banned and sdhax fucking sucks

nite vs mence only please
Yes, please.

Exactly stop making say the same damn thing over and over again
Mixmence issue: have even played gen 4 there are some good articles or old posts that talks about mix it's being a better wallbreaker whereas menace being a better mixed sweeper and yes in gen 4 he was able to mix sweep

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2097915
This thread should tell you hOw peeps viewed mixmence and mixnite and how mixnite was better for breaking walls and stalls and mixmence for mixed sweeping faster teams back in gen four

Stop talking about had and chomP if you really don't give a shit then
Because it sure as hell does seems like you do

Btw you two are saying like the same thing for hax and chomp so I dnt even know why this talk is going on-sdchomP>>sdhax end of story please

Of you want to discuss had and chomp shit better to make a thread about it
Though with chomp bent in uber talking about it in ou meta is now completely irrelevant for competitive purposes so it would he locked

Use pm and shi
t with olijolly

Also no offense
Just don't see any point in hearing about chomP and hax you two were talking about

Exactly stop making say the same damn thing over and over again
Mixmence issue: have even played gen 4 there are some good articles or old posts that talks about mix it's being a better wallbreaker whereas menace being a better mixed sweeper and yes in gen 4 he was able to mix sweep

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2097915
This thread should tell you hOw peeps viewed mixmence and mixnite and how mixnite was better for breaking walls and stalls and mixmence for mixed sweeping faster teams back in gen four

Stop talking about had and chomP if you really don't give a shit then
Because it sure as hell does seems like you do

Btw you two are saying like the same thing for hax and chomp so I dnt even know why this talk is going on-sdchomP>>sdhax end of story please

Of you want to discuss had and chomp shit better to make a thread about it
Though with chomp bent in uber talking about it in ou meta is now completely irrelevant for competitive purposes so it would he locked

Use pm and shi
t with olijolly

Also no offense
Just don't see any point in hearing about chomP and hax you two were talking about
Lol chill
I know and I'm done with the since it's not going snywhere anyways
As for mixmence and nite thing yeah I shoulda said that's how it was back in gen 4 when menences speed was recognized as fast
I guess those days are done
Going back to the topic what do people think about wishing mence

Lol chill
I know and I'm done with the since it's not going snywhere anyways
As for mixmence and nite thing yeah I shoulda said that's how it was back in gen 4 when menences speed was recognized as fast
I guess those days are done
Going back to the topic what do people think about wishing mence
Mixmence in gen 5 isn't really going to be the same as it was back in gen 4
100 base speed isnt all that anymore

Gong back to the topic I'm going to assume you're talkig about fatmence and tbh that thug sucks. There are better options most of the time.n I got a question though has anyone tried using wish on a more offensively oriented set like dd Or mix set? Does it suck (if wish plus some egg moves are possible,since I know jack shut about breeding)

And lol I wasn't angry just didn't want to listen to you talk abOut hax and chomp

Fuck...druddigon needs some loving .......that bitch rocks in tr teams
Random but just got sad

Mixmence in gen 5 isn't really going to be the same as it was back in gen 4
100 base speed isnt all that anymore

Gong back to the topic I'm going to assume you're talkig about fatmence and tbh that thug sucks. There are better options most of the time.n I got a question though has anyone tried using wish on a more offensively oriented set like dd Or mix set? Does it suck (if wish plus some egg moves are possible,since I know jack shut about breeding)

And lol I wasn't angry just didn't want to listen to you talk abOut hax and chomp

Fuck...druddigon needs some loving .......that bitch rocks in tr teams
Random but just got sad
I am pretty sure wish and dd can't go together
I've not tried a wish set in offense but I wouldn't think it's all that great of a move to use for off oriented mence sets though

P.s. I
Don't
Druddigon
That thing is fugly

@lordkira:
1) lol u mad?
2) I already did stop. I said in two consecutive posts that it was pointless.
3) you say that the Chomp thing is pointless. Then you talk about how Mence did in Gen4. rofl, hypocrisy

edit: More hypocrisy, "this isn't a druddigon thread!!!11" lulz

@Oli:
Imma take the Chamberlain approach... I'm sure you get the reference
Let's not fight.

Anyway, no, Mence would not use Wish on his Offensive sets. He needs p much max investment to have the bulk to use it effectively. Which he can't afford to do when he's attempting to pummel things into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)