Dream World

Well, I Understand a bit about the Dream World, but How does it actually work? Do you randomly encounter the pokemon? Or is it event wise? Do they have random IVs and natures or set stats? Can they be found shiny or only stay they're original form. Serebii explained alittle, but there is still so much unexplained. Anybody who knows more about this place, please help me understand it.

From what I've read it goes something like this.

You load your game onto the new Pokemon website. You log onto your account on the website and can play various games and activities. Think Neopets. You meet pokemon and become friends with them during those games. Those pokemon let you know they are your friends and you can resync your game up with your account and then you go to a place and your new pokemon friend will be there and allow you to catch it.

From what I've read it goes something like this.

You load your game onto the new Pokemon website. You log onto your account on the website and can play various games and activities. Think Neopets. You meet pokemon and become friends with them during those games. Those pokemon let you know they are your friends and you can resync your game up with your account and then you go to a place and your new pokemon friend will be there and allow you to catch it.
So basically, eveything is random?

So basically, eveything is random?
Possibly. No one knows for sure. I'm assuming certain games will let you become friends with certain pokemon. And maybe by getting high scores you will impress certain pokemon. That's pure speculation on my part though.

Possibly. No one knows for sure. I'm assuming certain games will let you become friends with certain pokemon. And maybe by getting high scores you will impress certain pokemon. That's pure speculation on my part though.
Meh, things would suck if the pokemon had pre-set stats. Think of modest Mence with Overconfidence/Earthquake Spiral.

Dear GOD. That sounds like a horrifying mechanic.
I'd rather filter the trash bytes and hex values and make my pokemon legit through sav than have to spend hours playing monotonous games; ESPECIALLY something with a reward system akin to Neopets.

Oh gawd I agree. I'm not into pokesav much, but I would happily dive deep into the sav if you have to do something like Neopets.

LOL we all have to realize Pokemon is targetting their main source of income on children. Guys we have to realize that! haha. Dang we are funny. We old and we play Pokemon.

So I have a question? Will pokemon from dream world be the pokemon ONLY get dreamword abilities?

Well with the numerous errors Serebii has all the time, I really don't know if that can be trusted. But the Dream World could change the game epicly, or fail horribly...

Yes, it would seem that there are still a lot of questions to answer of about Dream World. It sounds very confusing to me at this time.

For those discussing Pokesav there is one thing to know: if you're serious about competitive WiFi battling then you have to use Pokesav. Unless you want a team full of Pokemon with poor IVs then Pokesav is a necessity.

LOL we all have to realize Pokemon is targetting their main source of income on children. Guys we have to realize that! haha. Dang we are funny. We old and we play Pokemon.

So I have a question? Will pokemon from dream world be the pokemon ONLY get dreamword abilities?
The first part of your post makes me want to FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- because I can't handle how fucking true it is.

As far as the Dream World mechanics go, we aren't completely sure yet. If it doesn't conflict with breeding, ideally you should be able to pass the ability from a female Dream World pokemon down to the offspring while still controlling the egg moves from the male.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
For those discussing Pokesav there is one thing to know: if you're serious about competitive WiFi battling then you have to use Pokesav. Unless you want a team full of Pokemon with poor IVs then Pokesav is a necessity.
I'd say I'm pretty serious about competitive WiFi battling (2 time Pokemon World Championship Invitee), and I've never used Pokesav.

We'll know more about the dreamworld when it opens next weekish. Sounds like a fun place to rack up a ton of unique event mons to me.

Well, I don't think abilities will be passed down, if that was the case, what would stop pokemon from having abilites out of both the dream world and their normal abilites? But I'm sure once a pokesav is out for B/W, there really wouldn't be a need for The Dream World

Yes, it would seem that there are still a lot of questions to answer of about Dream World. It sounds very confusing to me at this time.

That is absolutely untrue. Especially since the RNG has been cracked. I've been breeding/RNGing my Pokemon for wifi since D/P came out and haven't needed to use Pokesav.

I agree with backlot... saying pokesav is a necessity is kind of ridiculous at this point. If it so happens that the pokemon in the dream world are completely unusable outside of their abilities, would it be a better solution to not use them at all instead of resorting to pokesaving them?

My impression of the dream world is that it is like an event and that not all the pokemon would be released at once, but at this point it is still only speculation.

My impression of the dream world is that it is like an event and that not all the pokemon would be released at once, but at this point it is still only speculation.
Let's assume that Dream World is an event, which only release few Pokemon for example per week. In other words you could receive Drizzle Politoad for example only once per 2 months. Don't you think in this situation, to make people life much more comfortable, they would just allow to breed abilities from it to eggs just to help players ? Especially for those which play VGC (and at least metagame which GameFreak must respect) and if those Pokemon have totally random IVs ? If they'll have perfect IVs at start, then case may be totally different... however for me option like this is more then possible. And releasing only few Pokemon per week would make people want to come back again. But well, it's still theorymon...

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Well with the numerous errors Serebii has all the time, I really don't know if that can be trusted. But the Dream World could change the game epicly, or fail horribly...
I don't think it's from Serebii, i think they took the information down due to Nintendo's email. What a dick move.

Anyway, i have a couple questions about Dream World,

1- Is it like the PokeWalker ? Like, we catch Pokemon and stuff ?
2- Are the dream world abilities passable via breeding ?

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The first part of your post makes me want to FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- because I can't handle how fucking true it is.

As far as the Dream World mechanics go, we aren't completely sure yet. If it doesn't conflict with breeding, ideally you should be able to pass the ability from a female Dream World pokemon down to the offspring while still controlling the egg moves from the male.
I know someone who has tried to breed the only Dream World pokémon available to everyone as of now, Daruma Mode Hihidaruma. He bred this female Hihidaruma with something else and all Darumakkas born had... Hustle.

Not cool.

If I understood it correctly you basically meet a Pokemon in the Dream World and do whatever. After that you can catch the Pokemon in the actual game. Or something.

I don't really like this Dream World thing. Some of the abilities are bs or just broken. And no berry growing on the real game is shiit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)