ORAS LC Dreamers of the Day

Good Morgan

Banned deucer.
Author's Note
For best viewing, please read in half-screen window view. ^-^ Thank you!
Following the critical acclaim of my last RMT, Pleasure in the Pathless Woods, I decided it was time to RMT again. However, with the new meta right around the corner, I figured I wait a bit. Now, with Panchams EVERYWHERE , I bring you the first GMorg OR/AS RMT: Dreamers of the Day.
To paraphrase my last intro paragraph: "Now, what you are most definitely not about to see is what I like to call a "Scroll Team," which is a team that you can scroll through and immediately know that it is not worth your time. What you will also not see is the 400th "FletchDig" team, nor one of the thousands of "SmashSpam" teams."
This team focuses on preparing for a DDPhish sweep, and includes a Good Morgan Obligatory C+ or Lower Mon™: Lileep.
I present for your consideration Dreamers of the Day.

"All men dream, but not equally.
Those who dream by night in the dusty
recesses
of their minds, wake in the day
to find that it was vanity: but the

dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
for they may act on their dreams

with open eyes, to make them possible."
-T. S. Eliot
Introduction

Corphish can have a tough time setting up, but when the ride starts, it just don't stop. Well, actually, I suppose it stops after 10 hits... Life Orbs, y'know? The whole team is centered on collectively handling a newly developing meta, and I'll be damned if one more Swords Dance Pancham takes me out. The collective team honestly doesn't mesh together too well, but they can usually pull out the win. That's why they are the Dreamers of the Day; they act on their dreams to make them possible, not with others' equal dreams. The team is actually a far-gone, mangled remnant of a Numel team I tried with Cottonee and Koffing. As such, the Teambuilding is a little rocky.

Teambuilding

Corphish is my win-con, and the team is built around him. We all know how strong Adaptability is, what with all the Skrelps and all. There isn't too much to say about a terrifying set-up sweeper.

Remember that old Numel team I was talking about? Pony was his eventual replacement. Sunny Support Ponyta is a tough mon to break physically; burns, Eviolite, and Morning Sun let Ponyta almost single-handedly take down physical attackers. The only qualm is that her two moves are heavy on recoil, and they kinda defeat the Pony's purpose. In terms of actual teamwork, Pony takes care of all the nasty, nasty Grass-types that plague Phish. It does especially well in taking out Foongus, my long-time nemesis.

Gothita was another remnant of the old Numel team. She just traps stuff. I mostly kept Goth around because she's fun to use and forces lots of fun mindgames! Ooo, boy, do I love those mindgames! ^-^

Timburr takes care of a whole bunch of things I was missing out on. He gives valuable Fighting-type priority, absorbs statuses, and absolutely slaughters Bisharp, a huge threat to any team. Every team needs some Knock Off, right? I mean, it's right up there with Stealth Rock (more on that later). Basically, Timburr is my super emergency check for everything, especially pesky Shell Smashers. Seriously, it's like 1. Stealth Rock 2. Knock Off 3. Shell Smash, at least in this meta, and I'll be roasted over some 11-year-old's piddly little campfire before I ever lose to Shell Smash again. Timburr also helps shutdown slow things with Taunt, an unusual move indeed. But, what can I say, it's super fun to use!

The hyper-Fighting meta is not kind to this team's Good Morgan Obligatory C+ or Lower Mon™. Were it not for that unfortunate Rock duality, I'm sure Lileep would be a top-tier defensive threat along the lines of Ferrothorn. My custom Lileep set turns Leep into an Eviolite-boosted 24/24/24 bulk monstrosity with a respectable 16 SpA. Reliable recovery is a godsend for any wall, and Leep is no different, as Recover lets her deal with a heck ton of non-Fighting type attackers. Lileep rounds out the F/W/G core with Phish and Pony, and sets up the #1 move: Stealth Rock. Lileep is also an extremely passive method of dealing with Foongus, on whom Leep can fish for Ancient Power boosts.

Having added everyone else to the team, the only glaring weaknesses were to Ground, Flying, and Ghost. Archen remedies two of those, acting as a Birdspam check and a great lure for Chinchou. That monstrous 20 Attack can and will slaughter at will. If you can't tell by this point, I absolutely despise Foongus. Seriously. Hate. The. Thing. Archen is the patchmon, the glue, and the momentum of this team.

"We, the total person,
co-operate. This means that
co-operation equals committment.
"

-E. Stanley Jones
Fulfilling Roles
Win Condition:

Wall:

Tank:

Absorber:

Crippler:

Hazards:

Fighting Check:

Steel Check:

Birdspam Check:

Foongus KILLER:
SCREW YOU, FOONGUS

"I like to do new things, so I always
take on roles that I feel will keep
me on my toes. I never want to
pigeon myself, so I always like to surprise myself.
I believe in versatility and so I would
play anything as long as it was a challenge.
"

-Archie Panjabi
Remnants

Pony
I had a little double Fire action going on in my original team, what with the whole SimpleCurse Numel action goin' on. However, SunnyMorning Ponyta eventually won out as the superior Fire-type. Originally a SunnyBeam set, Pony has morphed into her current manifestation: SunnyMorning Pony.

Goth
Gothita is my favorite lead, albeit not the most effective one. The immediate momentum gained with Shadow Tag is almost unfair! Goth made the original team as a way to smear the weakened Water-types that Numel despised. I found that she is simply too much fun to stop using, and that's what this is all about, isn't it?

Leep
The original team lacked bulk, so I scoured the Good Morgan Obligatory C+ or Lower Mon™ section for some severely underrated bulk, and boy did I find it. Lileep is so good, and did so many things for Numel, that her being a Good Morgan Obligatory C+ or Lower Mon™ is almost an insult.

"That though the radiance which was once
so bright be now forever taken from my sight.
Though nothing can bring back the hour
of splendor in the grass, glory in the flower.
We will grieve not, rather
find strength in what remains behind."

-William Wordsworth
The Sets
@

Corphish @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Level: 5
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Dragon Dance
Here we see the based lord himself, Corphish. Not only does Phish provide valuable priority, it is absolutely terrifying after a Dragon Dance. I started by maxing out Attack, followed with Speed, and then put whatever bits remained into bulk. Admittedly, I probably don't need all of the Attack and Speed, but they make Phish an absolute and utter MONSTER. There truly isn't much to say about a terrifying setup sweeper.

@

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 Atk / 236 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge
- Sunny Day
Good golly, if your name is anything other than Diglett or Drilbur, you're gonna have a hard time breaking the Pony physically. Burns will plague your Aipoms, your Mienfoos, and your Bisharps until your team is blazed to the ground. SunnyMorning Pony is the best walling form of Ponyta available, as the sunlight-increased Morning Sun keeps Pony kickin' for what seems like forever. Flare Blitz and Wild Charge keep Pony from being set-up bait in the best ways, with Flare Blitz packing major punch under the sun. However, be careful not to leave the sun up if you need the Phish in, as it cuts his Adaptability-boosted bread and butter to burnt toast levels.

@

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
THAT'S RIGHT, FOONGUS, YOU CAN GO DIE. OH, WAIT. YOU CAN'T. YOU'RE TRAPPED. Gothita doesn't really fit the playstyle or the members of this team, but she's just too much fun to use! I've tailored Goth to my personal needs, as she can reliably down Foongus, Chinchou, and Abra, just what I need. That's about it, tbh. Nothing more than fun!

@

Timburr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Taunt
Ah, Bisharp, my terrifying friend. Not so terrifying without your priority, huh? Yeah, there's a reason every viable team runs a Fighting-type, and you're that reason, Bishy. Timburr checks and counters a number of powerful threats with its ability to absorb status and its powerful priority. Taunt is an extremely odd move to run on Timburr, true, but it helps prevent hazard stackers from hazard stacking, and can secure switches for other teammates by crippling defensive mons (I'm looking at you, Foongus). Drain Punch keeps Timburr alive very well, and is massively powerful if Timburr comes in on a status. There are many reasons why Toxic Spikes are less than viable in this meta, and Guts Timburr is certainly a big one. Timburr also provides the omnipresent Knock Off, which helps my team take care of Gastly, Pumpkaboo, and Abra on the switch, all of which are big threats to my team.

@

Lileep @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 68 HP / 140 Def / 188 SpA / 60 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Ancient Power
Ah, yes, the Good Morgan Obligatory C+ or Lower Mon™. Lileep is an extremely underrated defensive mon, possessing enormous defenses and a passable 16 SpA. Stealth Rock is the crux of the set, as move #1 has to be present somewhere. Lileep can switch in on many threats in the meta, most notably our favorite maybe-S-maybe-not mons Fletchling and Chinchou. Unboosted Fletch fails to 2HKO with Acrobatics, and Chinchou only gets an 12.1% chance to 2HKO with Ice Beam - a damn good prediction indeed - plus Lileep boasts Storm Drain. Leep's ability to absorb all sorts of Water attacks stops mons such as Chinchou and Corphish in their tracks, retaliating with a powerful +1 Giga Drain. Additionally, Lileep can get in on Foongus, avoid Spore, and proceed to fish for Ancient Power boosts while slowly whittling that blasted mushroom to nothing.

@

Archen @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Atk / 236 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost
The good ol' glue of the team, Archen covers glaring Flying- and Ground-type weaknesses. Archen's Attack is frightening even without investment, and that makes him a premier... guy. I dunno. Archen just covers a lot of bases, beating Chinchou, gaining momentum, smearing Magnemite on the switch (so much fun to hit with one Earthquake ^-^) and so on. I picked Berry Juice Archen because it shouldn't be staying in for an OHKO anyways, so it helps prolong Archen. JuiceRoost makes sure that Archen can continually check the things I need it to check while retaining offensive presence. Overall, a very solid team member and another way of telling Foongus to screw itself ^-^.

Corphish @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Dragon Dance

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Wild Charge
- Sunny Day

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

Timburr @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Taunt

Lileep @ Eviolite
EVs: 68 HP / 140 Def / 188 SpA / 60 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Ancient Power

Archen @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 36 Atk / 236 SpD / 116 Spe
Careful Nature
- Acrobatics
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Roost

I look forward to all your rates! :D

Replays:

To the wire!
Back to the wire!
Clutch HP Fire!
Down to the wire again!
An actual win for once!
Leep Sweep right off the bat!

Shoutout to SilentMango for, y'know, being cool! ^-^

Thanks!

Last edited:

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have nothing really to add to your team, I can barely build teams, much less rate them, but you make Corphish's HP IV 9, then you'll hit a total of 19 HP, allowing you to hit nineteen times with the lowered Life Orb recoil. That's all I have for now, really, perhaps you could change HP Ground for HP Fire on Gothita so you can trap Ferroseed, but you have enough threats to deal with it.

This is a really well-built team, you're a talented builder, and I like that you use a lot of niche Pokemon for your teams.

Good Morgan

Banned deucer.
I have nothing really to add to your team, I can barely build teams, much less rate them, but you make Corphish's HP IV 9, then you'll hit a total of 19 HP, allowing you to hit nineteen times with the lowered Life Orb recoil. That's all I have for now, really, perhaps you could change HP Ground for HP Fire on Gothita so you can trap Ferroseed, but you have enough threats to deal with it.

This is a really well-built team, you're a talented builder, and I like that you use a lot of niche Pokemon for your teams.
Y'know, the LO thing is genius! Also, I've found that I usually trap Electric types with Goth... probably should've mentioned that. \_(º~º)_/

Also I just want to take this opportunity to mention that I won't be editing the OP with changes; instead, I'll adress them in the comments.

Thanks to The Avalanches for the first rate!

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Y'know, the LO thing is genius! Also, I've found that I usually trap Electric types with Goth... probably should've mentioned that. \_(º~º)_/
I have to contest using HP Ground for hitting Electric-types, as the only prominent Pokemon HP Ground hits harder than Psychic is Magnemite which will take the hit thanks to Sturdy and Berry Juice and escape using Volt Switch if Stealth Rock isn't up or escape outright using Choice Scarf Volt Switch. I can see why you might want to trap Magnemite, as Scarf variants will be able to force most of your team out, but some viable alternatives can be Thunderbolt, which will allow you to trap and dispose of Archen and Vullaby, or Trick, which will allow you to offload your Choice Scarf onto a Pokemon, possibly allowing Corphish an opening to set up.

Just something to consider, man. :)

Melon

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
I'm not sure how I feel about running Life Orb on Corphish. Yeah, it gives it more power, but after a Dragon Dance the thing is already dealing so much damage I'm not sure how much the Life Orb is needed. Adding Eviolite over Life Orb will allow Corphish to take hits better while setting up, and it will allow it to take priority moves better during the sweep.

Also, your Timburr is running Iron Fist? The way you wrote about it you sounded like it would be coming in on status, so I'm going to assume this was a mistake.

Anyway, too tired to notice if anything else is weird but your team looks pretty solid and it seems really fun to use.

(Edit: Oh yeah, if you use Eviolite change the SpDef EVS to Def for Eviolite numbers)

Hey Good Morgan, this is a great team! Glad to see people putting time and effort into their LC RMT's, this one was a treat for the eyes :).

• Starting with Corphish, I second what Melonz said. Replacing Life Orb with Eviolite will both improve Corphish's over all bulk, as well as granting it far more set up opportunities. This also grants you the ability to better take on priority users, meaning they won't be able to cut your sweep short. If you make this change, remember to invest the 76 SpDef EVs into Defense instead, since this helps with the aforementioned priority.

Corphish @ Eviolite
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Dragon Dance

• I understand why you would want to run Sunny Day on Ponyta. However, this isn't synergetic with the rest of the team as you said, so I would recommend replacing it with Will-O-Wisp. Also, changing Wild Charge to Toxic keeps recoil of Ponyta, meaning it will be healthy more often, in turn allowing it to do its job of generally annoying the opposing team. Toxic + Will-O-Wisp means you have powerful supporting options to wear down the opposing team for Corphish to break apart later.

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic

• I'd recommend taking The Avalanches advice in Hidden Power Fire. HP Fire also allows you to trap and kill Ferroseed, which will be a huge problem for Corphish. Also, I agree with Eren Yeagar, Trick will be far more useful to you when compared to Shadow Ball, as it will allow you to permanently cripple a defensive monk granting Corphish more set up opportunities.

Gothita @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball

• Timburr's set looks good, the only changes I would recommend making would be replacing Taunt for Poison Jab, and using the ability Guts in place of Iron Fist. Poison Jab allows Timburr to get past Fairy types, wich otherwise bother it, and it is usually too slow to properly utilize Taunt. Guts allows Timburr to absorb harmful statuses such as Burn and Toxic, which would be quite annoying for your team otherwise.

Timburr @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Poison Jab

• Lileep can actually be a very strong team member, so kudos to you for using something underrated! The only thing I would change would be the EV spread. I get that it is custom, but with a support mon like Lileep, you really just want to maximize bulk. Make it 228 HP / 140 Def / 140 SpD with a Calm Nature. This way, it can wall a good amount of things, while also being able to repeatedly set up Stealth Rock throughout the match, in case the opposing team utilizes Defog /Rapid Spin.

Lileep @ Eviolite
EVs: 228 HP / 140 Def / 140 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Ancient Power

• Archen honestly looks good, although I think your moveset complements an offensive EV spread better. As such, try running a spread of 76 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe with a Jolly Nature. It just maximizes Attack and Speed, while also letting you invest a bit in HP. The only other thing I would recommend experimenting with is Defog. It allows you to remove hazards, but honestly it's up to you.

Archen @ Berry Juice
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Well that's it! Sorry that took so long to post :P. Hopefully these changes help you, but honestly the team was already really good. Good luck!

Last edited:
Hey Good Morgan, this looks like an amazing team. I definitely love how you build it around Dragon Dance Corphish.

First off, I think you should apply Melonz's suggestions because Corphish needs the added bulk to sweep with a Dragon Dance up and survive potential priority moves from your opponent. Guts Timburr is also always the preferred Timburr ability as it lets it attack without being hindered by status effects.

I would like to recommend Taunt Mienfoo over Timburr. Taunt Timburr isn't going to work most of the time because of how slow Timburr is compared to other hazard setters in this current meta. Taunt Mienfoo is amazing due to Mienfoo's capabilties of speed tying Drilbur and Onix, two very common hazard setters in this metagame. It also outspeeds hazard stacking Dwebble too. Once Taunted, those hazard setters can't set up Stealth Rocks that can hinder Ponyta, Archen, and the rest of your team. Also, with U-Turn, Mienfoo can easily pivot around and send Gothita into the field to some of Mienfoo's counters, like Trubbish. You can also get in Corphish safely to set up and possibly sweep.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Drain Punch

Next, I suggest to change your Ponyta's EVs to 236 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe with an Impish Nature. Ponyta will benefit from this since this spread hits Eviolite numbers and lets it be a more efficient counter to Pawniard and the common fighting types, bar Timburr because Guts. If you're wondering why it has 18 speed, then it's because the 19 speed tier is less dominant now due to Misdreavous' ban. Ponyta won't be needing the 76 Atk EVs because of how Flare Blitz already hits so hard and the rolls don't really change that much. Ponyta really needs the bulk. Also, use Will-O-Wisp over Sunny Day because like you said, Sun will ruin a Corphish sweep, which makes you having to potentially waste sun turns by sacrificing some of your teammates to get a Corphish sweep happening. Will-O-Wisp is an excellent support move that lets you hinder a lot of physical attackers such as Pawniard, who could easily run over your team if Mienfoo is weakened.

Ponyta @ Eviolite
EVs: 236 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic
- Morning Sun

Gothita should have Trick over Shadow Ball because Shadow Ball only really hits opposing Gothita and Abra, which you can 2HKO with Energy Ball. With Trick, you can hinder walls like Spritzee and lock them into a non-attacking move. When they're locked into a move, you can proceed to KO with Psychic or your other moves. Once the wall is down, it opens another gateway to your Corphish sweep since walls can tank hits from it and hinder it with status.

Lastly, I think Archen's EVs should be 76 HP / 156 Def / 76 SpD / 196 Spe with a Jolly Nature. This EV spread will make you a better Fletchling counter due to the investment in defense and you will also have the ability to survive Life Orb Pawniard's Sucker Punch after Stealth Rock damage.

That's all the suggestions I have for now. Once again, awesome team! Good luck in your future battles!

Last edited:

Good Morgan

Banned deucer.
Big thanks to The Avalanches Melonz HollowRidley and Eren Yeagar for the rates! The Iron Fist on Timburr is actually an error, Imma go ahead and fix that.

The Avalanches now that you mention it, Thunderbolt is a great idea! I'll definitely use it.

Melonz I've been trying out the Eviolite on Phish and I have to say, it makes it soooooo much easier to set up! This was a better idea in the first place. Thanks! ^-^

HollowRidley I'm a little bit averse to running double status, as you only really effectively have three moves at any one time. Were I to just go with one hazard on Pony, which would you recommend? Also, is there and effective set that could be run without completely removing Lileep's offensive presence? I happen to really like the guaranteed OHKO on Chinchou at 16 SpA. With Goth, I agree with the HP Fire switch. Ferrothorn sucks almost as much as Foongus. However, I really feel I need Shadow Ball simply for Abra, who slaughters me without it. I have tested and found that Poison Jab Timburr is indeed very good, very good, very good. I would actually swap up Archen's IV's the way you said, but I like Eren's set better in my playstyle \_(^~^)_/ Thanks for the big ol' rate!

Eren Yeagar Though the suggestion for Taunt Meinfoo undoubtedly works well, Taunt isn't really the crux on Timburr. I needed Timburr for the status absorbing and the FIghting-priority, and neither of those are roles that can be filled by Mienfoo. Taunt is sorta just my little fun, y'know? I'm loving that Pony set, tho. It's on point. And that Archen? Woo! Thanks for the helps!

Big thanks to The Avalanches Melonz HollowRidley and Eren Yeagar for the rates! The Iron Fist on Timburr is actually an error, Imma go ahead and fix that.

The Avalanches now that you mention it, Thunderbolt is a great idea! I'll definitely use it.

Melonz I've been trying out the Eviolite on Phish and I have to say, it makes it soooooo much easier to set up! This was a better idea in the first place. Thanks! ^-^

HollowRidley I'm a little bit averse to running double status, as you only really effectively have three moves at any one time. Were I to just go with one hazard on Pony, which would you recommend? Also, is there and effective set that could be run without completely removing Lileep's offensive presence? I happen to really like the guaranteed OHKO on Chinchou at 16 SpA. With Goth, I agree with the HP Fire switch. Ferrothorn sucks almost as much as Foongus. However, I really feel I need Shadow Ball simply for Abra, who slaughters me without it. I have tested and found that Poison Jab Timburr is indeed very good, very good, very good. I would actually swap up Archen's IV's the way you said, but I like Eren's set better in my playstyle \_(^~^)_/ Thanks for the big ol' rate!

Eren Yeagar Though the suggestion for Taunt Meinfoo undoubtedly works well, Taunt isn't really the crux on Timburr. I needed Timburr for the status absorbing and the FIghting-priority, and neither of those are roles that can be filled by Mienfoo. Taunt is sorta just my little fun, y'know? I'm loving that Pony set, tho. It's on point. And that Archen? Woo! Thanks for the helps!
If you use Eren's spread, I would recommend keeping Will-O-Wisp. It has far more utility than Toxic, considering Burn's effect.

On Lileep, take the necessary EVs needed to reach 16 SpA out of whatever stat you feel is less useful. Personally I would take a bit out of Defense considering you have Pony, but you should experiement and see what works.

Shadow Ball is definetly a viable option on Goth, but do keep in mind that even running it won't guarentee beating Abra, considering Focus Sash is so common. However, you pack quite a bit of priority, so this shouldn't be to much of an issue.

I'm glad Eren's set is working out for you :). Although again I have to recommend testing out Defog a bit, since you're packing a Fire type in Ponyta, and we all know how common Stealth Rocks are :P.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
Hello Good Morgan, that is truly a nice team you have there, especially with the advice the others have given you.

I however, think that Bulk Up over Poison Jab on Timburr is better tailored to your team. Bulk Up would be a nice addition on your team as Poison Jab sadly doesn't quite kill Spritzee and Timburr is able to have many, many set up opportunities thanks to its inherent bulk, is more able to deal with flying threats after a single boost (236 Atk Life Orb Doduo Brave Bird vs. +1 76 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Timburr: 18-26 (72 - 104%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock), and a second win condition is always nice. However this may not be to your preference, so leaving it as Poison Jab Timburr is still a fine choice.

I'm not exactly sure what your Ponyta set is so I'm going to give you my two cents on what it should (at least imo) be. Flare Blitz Will-o-Wisp and Morning Sun are more or less obligatory on physical Ponyta. The fourth move can really be anything: Toxic for other Ponytas namely, but you already have 2 checks for Ponyta; Wild Charge for Archen and other various birds as well as hitting Water-types not named Chinchou; Sunny Day for better recovery and more power, but messes with your Corphish on occasion. Out of these, I feel that Wild Charge on Ponyta is the best 4th move as it gives you a secondary check to several 'mons.

Lastly, I would recommend changing Corphish's EV spread to: 12 HP / 116 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe with Jolly Nature. With a Jolly nature, your damage output drops by a far bit and the difference between 16 and 17 attack isn't important usually. This allows us to run a tad more bulk and hit 14 speed, 21 after a Dragon Dance. Hitting only 19 speed with an adamant nature allows you to outspeed some of the tier, yet you still speed tie with many things, and all scarfers will outspeed you, which is not preferable. Though again, if you wish, you can leave Corphish with maximum attack as Aqua Jet can half way make up for the loss in speed. Another change you might consider is Crabhammer over Waterfall as the increase in power is extremely notable, though the drop in accuracy can be too.

Cheers,
Fiend

Good Morgan

Banned deucer.
Fiend Hound First of all, thanks for taking the time to rate! As such, I have a few quips with what you're suggesting. I don't know if you're just sorta disagreeing with everyone or something, but my Ponyta already runs your suggested set of moves (except now I run Wisp and it's better imo.) Bulk Up Timburr has always been underwhelming for me, as (due either to storng threats or not fitting into my playstyle ((read: Morgan sux))) it only really ever Mach Punches. Timburr's Poison Jab is a strong option for Spritzee, especially since my first switch into Spritzee is always Leep, who can net the 30-40% I need to get the KO. Finally, Corphish's EVs are already maxed out at 116 Atk / 76 Def / 236 Spe. I dunno where that 12 came from... Plus, I value not being worried every time I click a Water STAB (especially when I recently missed Will-O-Wisp 3 times in a row like that is unnaturally bad and I just can't) But thanks for the rate! I will definitely test out Jolly on Phish! ^-^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)