SV OU Driblim Grassy screen HO +2000

ghold or drif..?

• gholdengo

• drifblim

Results are only viewable after voting.
Since olt is finished, I'll be able to do a few rmts on the teams I've been asked about most, starting with this one, which is, in my opinion, the strongest and which is destroying the current top teams : the big drifblim screen!

Introduction :

I don't usually build screens, which is why the idea for screen drifblim didn't come from me but from my dear hikozaru. Here's the little story, I loaded drifblim grassy in WCOP after seeing its incredible potential.

At the time, I wasn't cruel enough to make a screen out of it, despite the fact that the great leftiez had already explored this style of play quite a bit with sets and a very, very strong 6 at the time, and certainly still does. However, a few days/weeks later, what do I see, hiko playing drifblim in grassy screen in a sort of fusion of leftiez's team and mine. Not interested at the time, I woke up during the last cycle of olt, abandoning any remaining scruples at the same time. And here I am now with this 6 that can 6-0 your opponents in the preview.

Teambuilding process :

Now, with the way I've built this team, I'm going to go over it quite quickly because this 6 is relatively instinctive and I'll explain the sets in more detail later.
I obviously started with the idea of a grassy screen with drifblim:drifblim:. So I started with Rilla:rillaboom:+Drif:drifblim:+Screen setter, the screen setter being either pult:dragapult: or grimmsnarl:grimmsnarl:, and the choice was quickly made, pult being nice of course, but having dragapult resistance is so good in this style of team that I didn't hesitate for long.
Then, of course, I added Sneasler:sneasler: and Hatterene:hatterene:, two very strong pokemons in this style of team, and finally, the only pokemon I thought about: great tusk:great tusk:, was added because I had a hankering for teams with unaware:skeledirge: and a pokemon that could remove hazards. That's about it, you'll see the thought process in the sets.

Sets explaination :

Capture d’écran (30).png

Let's start talking about the team itself with the great Grimmsnarl:grimmsnarl:.
The usefulness of this pokemon can be summed up in just one thing: placing screens as easily as possible. However, you'll notice that this grimmsnarl:grimmsnarl: has no taunt, twave or parting shot. There are 2 good reasons for this: gholdengo and kingambit:kingambit:, samu:samurott hisui: and ting lu:ting lu:. So even if placing screens is our priority, preventing gholdengo:gholdengo:/gambit:kingambit: from seting up to +7392 or samu:samurott hisui: from landing 3 rows of spikes is always a plus. Crunch is therefore, as you'll have understood, for touching ghold, but also pult sub or slowking and low Kick for samu:samurott hisui:, gambit:kingambit: and tran:heatran:. The spedef is recommended on this poke for ghold:gholdengo:, pult:dragapult: etc., but it's modifiable. Note that grimm remains at make it rain de ghold:gholdengo non specs. Finally, tera is fairly generic and you'll rarely click it, but it can be useful vs valiant:iron valiant:, baxca:baxcalibur:, ghold:gholdengo: or glowking:slowking galar:.

Capture d’écran (31).png

Now Rilla:rillaboom:, obviously if you're playing a grassy screen, you have to play grassy terrain and therefore play rilla. As far as the set is concerned, there's nothing really revolutionary: U-turn so you can send one of your offensive threats, drum beating is stab and lowering speed as a bonus, knock off so you can inflict damage on slowking:slowking galar:, gholdengo:gholdengo:, pult:dragapult: or simply remove annoying items. Leech seed allows you to win vs for exemple bulk up tusk:great tusk:/lando:landorus therian: or to set up your drif:drifblim:/hatt:hatterene: vs a seeded mon (very useful vs cress:cresselia:). Finally the investment allows you to outspeed 0 speed tusk:great tusk: (and ghold:gholdengo: btw) and you can tank almost everything at full hp. Button is for pivoting, and tera dark is to get damage vs ghold:gholdengo:, glowking:slowking galar: and pult:dragapult: + gives a ghost resist.

Capture d’écran (32).png

Let's tackle the most-played pokemon in OverUsed: great tusk:great tusk:. When I built this team, I realised that I had nothing to remove hazards and no fire power, so I searched THE mon and finally found the beautiful, the great : tusk ! Here, we play it with booster energy to hit as hard as we can, ice spinner can ohko lando:landorus: if -0, spin for spin :), Rapid Spin: this move is insane, you can set up speed for an easier sweep and remove hazards at the same time, and Bulk Up is useful for common switch ins such as lando:landorus therian:, tusk or to destroy sun:torkoal: (I can tera + bu vs tera fairy gambit:kingambit: too), headlong rush is an insane gorund stab and with tera you can do insane damage to dozo:dondozo:.This set can 6-0 sun and destroy many stall:alomomola: (at least without corvi...:corviknight:). To sum up, this set wil help you vs hazard stack, sun, stall, and fat with unaware:dondozo:, ah and you with screens you can for exemple spin on the zapdos:zapdos: switch in, bulk up and kill.

Capture d’écran (33).png

The team's first real sweeper: sneasler:sneasler:. This set isn't very original but it's very powerful nonetheless, and here we're obviously playing it with the grassy seed to activate unburden when it comes onto the field. Swords dance to set up of course, the two stabs: close combat for damage and dire claw because it's totally broken and can reverse a game on its own. Finally, I chose tera ghost shadow claw so that, as well as hitting glowking:slowking galar: pult:dragapult: and ghold:gholdengo:, I'd be immune to iron def+bpress corvi:corviknight: and zama:zamazenta:, forcing the 1st to turn and giving a chance of winning vs. the 2nd. Nothing else to say about this mon, just classic sneasler.

Capture d’écran (29).png

Now we come to one of the team's biggest threats, capable of sweeping every other game, this hatterene:hatterene: is just terrifying. This pokemon is certainly the one to get the most out of the screens, transforming its passable bulk into a monstrosity. Here we're playing it as a calm mind pokemon, with draining kiss giving you a way to heal yourself while still causing a fair amount of damage. Stored power, on the other hand, means that after a few Calm Minds you'll be able to hit very, very hard, even on resistances, and finally substitute means that you'll be able to be safe against your opponents' glowking:slowking galar: amoonguss:amoonguss: etc while preventing tricks. As an item, we use grassy seed, which is very useful for increasing bulk and tanking kingambits:kingambit: in particular. Finally, the classic tera water because it doesn't have any really annoying weaknesses and the investment allows you to 2HKO kingambits:kingambit: with dkiss at +2 while overcoming garga:garganacl: pex:toxapex: etc and having as much bulk as possible.

Capture d’écran (35).png

Now the star of the team: the big drifblim:drifblim:. A really underrated Pokemon in my opinion, it's capable of sweeping extremely strong teams in the current meta with its unburden+calm mind+strength sap combo. Here we're playing it once again with the grassy seed, which, like sneasler:sneasler:, activates unburden. As for his moves, calm mind allows you to get off a strength sap and heal yourself very easily, as well as lowering the oppo's attack (and healing yourself ad infinitum vs enamorus:enamorus therian: contrary). Thunderbolt makes the pokemon less tera dependent, and even if tera fight is playable and strong, tera elec still wins the duel vs kingambit:kingambit: in addition to being able to set up vs zapdos:zapdos:, slowking:slowking galar: and even twave, preventing paras. The main problem with this tera is ting lu:ting lu: and baxca:baxcalibur:, which can still tank well if sent directly (these problems are largely acceptable given the omnipresence of zapdos:zapdos: and tbolt's ability to sweep a large number of teams). Finally shadow ball is there for stab, the tera elec in order to lose the weakness to dark and ghost etc, to be immune to para and to hit harder with tbolt as well as having only ground as a weakness which is not extremely exploitable. The investment allows you to get past iron valiant:iron valiant: at +1 with unburden while tanking as much as possible on the physical side, without investment in hp because strength sap would restore less (as a percentage).

Alternative :

There are many possible changes, especially on the investment on hatt, rilla, grimm, sneasler etc, it depends on what you want to beat; for exemple hatt:hatterene:, if you want to destroy a BO lacking gambit:kingambit: but with something like baxca:baxcalibur: etc, change it for more defensive spread. But here I'll just talk about mons/sets modifications.

First the drif:drifblim: set, you can change it for tera fight to hit baxca:baxcalibur, brute bonnet:brute bonnet:, meow:meowscarada:, ting lu:ting lu:, garga:garganacl: etc harder.

Sneasler:sneasler:, you can change the tera and 4th move : ground tera blast, dark with night slash etc.

Tusk:great tusk, you can put CC on bulk up with tera fight for the stall mu.

Finally the main possible change : change Drifblim:drifblim: for a Gholdengo:gholdengo:!!!

Gholdengo @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 116 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dazzling Gleam
- Recover
- Shadow Ball
- Nasty Plot

With this set, ur unkillable under screen, u can with grassy resist to 2 ceaseless of samu:samurott hisui:, outspeed tusk:great tusk:, have an insane special bulk whyle hitting hard with np+double stab (with tera).

Matchups :
Cinderace:cinderace: : u need to never set 2 screens and for exemple if ur bets mon is tusk :great tusk: set light scren, if ur best mon is hatt :hatterene:, set reflect, with this court change will not be really annoying and it's easilly playable.
Stall :/ : hatt will destroy many stall if not tera bliss:blissey:/clod:clodsire: so u need to use tusk etc to force tera and then sweep, if u can't there is the sneasler:sneasler tech : haxx and sleep.

I don't have idea of matchup to explain, so if u don't know how to play a mu just tell me and i'll add!

https://pokepast.es/c79001ff4fea112b past
https://pokepast.es/ae743a16d8b9a4ff ghold version

thx for reading.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)