BW Ubers Drown All

Ahh another great team from the king of Ubers (sorry Jibaku :P). Like a lot of others, my first reaction to Gastrodon... O.o really? But you've proven just how well it can work. There are a few minor weaknesses though:
Nah, I am not the King of Ubers, there should be better candidates out there such as Jibaku...Gastrodon did fine with its auspicious typing and access to Recover.

Tyranitar can't damage Lugia much unless it manages to land some Defense drops. The dinosaur itself hates Toxic. While Tyranitar harasses my team, Kyogre annoys sand teams a lot, since many of them are weak to it.

I am not changing Dialga to Jirachi though but thanks for the suggestion. Reason: Dialga is no only the King but he is my check to Ferrothorn, Forretress, and at least phazes out Grass Arceus. I like the Roaring prowess of Dialga and he can also check Ho-Oh in the rain and defeat Substitute Zekrom, Jirachi just makes Forretress more of an asshole and since this a rain team, Fire Punch will do laughable damage. Fire Blast is just so important in my team, and Dialga can actually defeat Groudon with 2 Fire Blasts.

Gastrodon has Clear Smog to stop Manaphy from setting up for free. That slug can also defeat Darkrai in a pinch while Ferrothorn can Gyro Ball Darkrai for huge damage but hates Focus Blast. Giratina-O can pick of Darkrai at 1 HP.

Thanks for rating.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Rating on request.

Darkrai is a pretty decent sized threat, and consideing the Ferro set you run, you could try Thunder Wave over Protect to help cripple Darkrai. You can take the Focus Blast with that spread, so you have a bit of lead way.

cool team

Darkrai is a decent threat to any team, Primeape sucks. Heracross is the closest counter you can get since it can abuse Sleep Talk with Guts.

Gastrodon beats unboosted Darkrai and can Clear Smog away boosts. Other than that, Kyogre is my main check. Giratina-O is immune to Trick + Focus Blast.

Not putting Thunder Wave on Ferrothorn, since I rather kill Darkrai with Gyro Ball rather than paralyzing it. Paralyzed threats also mean Ferrothorn is dishing out little damage with Gyro Ball due to the reduced Speed.

Slashed in Power Whip on Ferrothorn over Protect because I hate Manaphy and Ground Arceus.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well, I haven't been playing Ubers too much lately, but I can't resist the payment I'm getting to rate this I fgure I'll give it a look.

I don't see the purpose of Clear Smog too much to me. Yes, I know the support utility and stuff, but sicne it does not phaze, it doesn't switch your opponent out, so your opponent can freely switch to gainc ontrol. This could result in a chain switch to Steelceus/DIalga/WHATEVER steel and then to something else. If you've got hazards up already this isn't too much of a biggie, but this can be a pain especially if your team is kind of weakened(most stall teams in my experience hover around 60-70% for their mons for most of the midgame), and force you to leave something like say Lugia rather low on health. I think rather than Clear Smog, you could consider Yawn, which lets you rack up entry hazards damage better with yet another Pokemon.

You never fail to deliver great Uber teams trickroom. I am having difficulty finding a good answer to this team, and as a result I am not sure what to fix that hasn't been covered already.

The Will-O-Wisp Water Arceus set I am testing might actually give you trouble, not that this matters. You have enough Water resists to keep it from totally wrecking you but it could at the very least burn something and be generally annoying, since you have no way of really killing it if it burns your guys.

Anyway, glad to see another RMT from one of my favorite Ubers players. Long live Lugia spam!

I will consider Yawn on Gastrodon since it can help sometimes. Giving the opponent a free turn to attack Gastrodon isn't fun though.

Yeah Support Water Arceus is annoying but I can Toxic it with Lugia or Gastrodon ( Both don't mind a burn too much). Ferrothorn can Leech Seed to annoy it while Gastrodon can try to burn it back with Scald too if I lack Toxic that time. Dialga can always Roar it out but hates burn. Kyogre can smack Water Arceus with Thunder for the 2HKO.

Lugia rules...! Drown All of them. Lugia is the best mixed wall in my opinion and one of the best walls overall.

Thanks for the rates :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)