drugs (we're gonna get hi, hi, hi)

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Flounder said:
"someone who isn't me" is seriously the most idiotic sounding phrase I've seen/heard in years
if you really think the police are screening every word you type online you're pretty naive and are really just making a fool of yourself
Yeah, because that's the only reason that somebody would psuedo-deny having a drug problem...

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Didn't seem like that much at all?

My stomach acid kind of cleaned my bathtub, there's this very shiny white/clean splotch in the center with a line of clean to the drain.. Somehow my dad didn't notice the vomit on the floor and in the tub when he woke me up this morning.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So he posted while he was high, big fucking deal. We've all internetted under the influence, stop being douchebags about it. Personally, I found the "ceegar papeer unt marywana" amusing.

So, on Saturday afternoon, I chewed two pieces of gum that were supposedly laced with acid. I waited a few hours, and when I still wasn't tripping, I said screw it and went to my friend's house and played Spyro for a few hours. I got back to my house at elevenish, shortly after which I went outside for a smoke. I was high in a very different way; my thoughts were racing, my pupils were huge, and I couldn't shut the fuck up and basically did improv in front of the mirror for an hour. I wasn't tripping by any means (although at one point I questioned if "dick" was slang for penis), but is it possible that marijuana "activated" what little bit of acid might have been in my system, or is it more likely that I placebo'd?

So, on Saturday afternoon, I chewed two pieces of gum that were supposedly laced with acid. I waited a few hours, and when I still wasn't tripping, I said screw it and went to my friend's house and played Spyro for a few hours. I got back to my house at elevenish, shortly after which I went outside for a smoke. I was high in a very different way; my thoughts were racing, my pupils were huge, and I couldn't shut the fuck up and basically did improv in front of the mirror for an hour. I wasn't tripping by any means (although at one point I questioned if "dick" was slang for penis), but is it possible that marijuana "activated" what little bit of acid might have been in my system, or is it more likely that I placebo'd?
how much do you trust your connection, and were these pieces of gum at any point in your pocket (or anywhere warm, for that matter) and for how long?

My connection is pretty trustworthy. He said he would contact me as soon as he had more and from there we could work something out.

I stored the gum in a duffel bag under a couch for a few days; my room is pretty cool. They were in my pocket for about half an hour prior to me chewing them, but is that really long enough for them to almost completely lose their power? Even then, I licked the tin foil. :P

yes acid is very sensitive and you should have stored them in your freezer.

either that or you just got ripped off.

yes acid is very sensitive and you should have stored them in your freezer.

either that or you just got ripped off.
if the place they were stored in for the majority of the time is cool and dark then there shouldn't be any significant degradation, nor should half an hour in a pocket - I don't remember exact figures, but I believe lsd decays by about 30% after 8 hours of being exposed to human body temperature.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
To be honest, I just use the phrase out of habit when talking about drug things on forums.

I've been clean since approximately January 28th, though I am still dealing with a lot of after effects, including disorganized thinking.

I smoked (pot) daily for ~6 months. For three of those months, I was put on Paxil. My doctor knew I smoked, though not that I smoked daily. As the time went on, my social group and I noticed my tolerance dropping rather than falling. Didn't think much of it at the time, I just attributed it to good luck, a high body fat percentage, or something like that.

Winter break came, so I flew home. No pot at home, of course. Life seemed dull and flat as you'd expect on a heavy dose of a powerful SSRI, and most of my thinking was about the next time I'd smoke. I came back in early January and shared an ounce of a new stash from a new source... and that's when things got really, really bad. (I later learned that at least part of the stash was synthetic) Smoking was very strange. I enjoyed it, a lot, and I smoked, a lot, but I started getting strange and varying physical symptoms. The strange and powerful hybrid effects of these two drugs were quite overwhelming, and as I smoked more, more anxiety and paranoia would build up in my brain, never to leave.

I don't remember much of January. I do remember taking several different over the counter pills to combat headache, stomachache, etc... and that my food, water, sleep, other basic needs just kinda fell by the wayside. Several details forgotten and some intentionally left out of this part (sorry, still a little paranoid)

One of my old friends pulled me out with some of the best advice of my life. Every medical professional I've talked to since has said that I did exactly the right thing, and it was basically because of a lucky guess over the Internet. I stopped taking any substances, sipped water, completely isolated myself from anyone but my girlfriend, and meditated until I was taken back to my home state and seen by many doctors.

Paxil alone makes a minority of patients go psychotic. It's notably linked to bipolar disorder (I don't have it, thank god). The other stuff I took (pot + synthetic pot + *redacted*) all together let to serotonin syndrome as well as acute psychosis and delirium. This is also common with DXM, for what it's worth... go figure. I am glad I did not die.

So, over the course of the month following, I've been off any kind of drug whatsoever (including alcohol and caffeine), attempting a back-to-baseline routine. My mood ranges from "neutral" to "GO FUCK YOURSELF" to extreme depression, depending on the amount of stimuli I have to deal with and whatnot. I'm off from school while I rebuild. I have no plans to return to recreational drug use.

The takeaway lesson: If you are being put on a prescription regimen, either tell the doctor about your recreational habit or quit right then and there. If you are unsure, ask your doctor if they are a mandatory reporter before informing them, in confidence, about your drug use. Generally, if your doctor isn't employed by someone who isn't you (say, your workplace), you can and should tell them everything about what you do to your body.

The takeaway lesson for me in particular: don't do drugs you dumbass

So... yeah. I thought I should contribute some interesting content to this thread. I hope this was worth it.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Paxil itself is linked to bipolar or ssris in general are linked to bipolar? because if it's the latter that explains a frightening amount of things

cim

Paxil itself is linked to bipolar or ssris in general are linked to bipolar? because if it's the latter that explains a frightening amount of things
Paxil is known to trigger underlying bipolar disorder, moreso than other SSRIs. I can't say for sure about the others, but I think they are.

I don't want to scare people off of SSRIs, as this should be discussed with a doctor, and SSRIs are often useful. Quitting an SSRI cold turkey is also a fucking terrible idea, I just had to.

So I recently started smoking to escape my real life as it is a complete shitstorm right now. But I smoke a whole pack a day. Do I have a problem?

given that you are in your very early teens, i would say yes (assuming this isn't a blatant troll) there are tons of ways to escape your life that don't involve messing up your lungs (i assume you are smoking cigarettes not weed, in which case i would still advise you to wait a couple years to start experimenting with drugs) there are plenty of healthy alternatives like immersing yourself into a talent, spacing out listening to music (i've heard when it hits you feel no pain) and a few unhealthy alternatives like escaping into an RPG or something (amazing tool for shutting off reality. you won't want to do anything but grind)...or just sitting down, taking stock of your problems and trying to work through them, hard as the challenge may be! that said, this is the drugs thread, so in summation, try to cut back on smoking until you're older and it's more of a "choice" rather than a form of unhealthy escapism.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
My friend was prescribed Paxil for anxiety and PTSD, but the doctors also thought she had bipolar (she was not bipolar, but they thought she was). When Paxil was recalled she had severe panic attacks and night terrors much more intense than any she had experienced before she went on Paxil. And later she had huge problems when she had to stop taking Paxil all together because she was done being treated for anxiety. Going off of Paxil caused another intensification in her night terrors and I think that to this day Paxil has had an affect on her mind that contributes to her insomnia. It's a really scary drug.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
Paxil is known to trigger underlying bipolar disorder, moreso than other SSRIs. I can't say for sure about the others, but I think they are.

I don't want to scare people off of SSRIs, as this should be discussed with a doctor, and SSRIs are often useful. Quitting an SSRI cold turkey is also a fucking terrible idea, I just had to.

so much of this, never do this. never. its the second closest you'll be to bein insane.

cim

i mean they are both technically psychedelics, so marijuana could trigger a flashback to a bad trip, but i'd wager it was probably placebo and that you just had a different high.

so much of this, never do this. never. its the second closest you'll be to bein insane.
"Second" closest? What's first, PCP?

If you withdraw at a psychiatric facility, they will administer a benzo. I was too insane to figure it out, and I didn't have the cognitive ability to form the thought to ask, so if any of you have an irrational distrust of doctors for some stupid fucked up reason, be aware that benzos are standard (temporary) treatment for serotonin syndrome and they will not make your condition worse.

it is pretty fucking important that you do NOT self-administer ANYTHING, including benzos, if you believe you have gone psychotic. Benzos are quite easy to lethally overdose on. But they will relieve many of the symptoms of serotonin syndrome temporarily, in particular racing thoughts and agitation.

If you're going to be dumb and ignore a psychiatrist's advice with SSRIs, at the very least taper down over a month period, away from stressors.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
"Second" closest? What's first, PCP?
well at first i meant havin depression is pretty insane but i think goin cold turkey is actually worse. i wasnt make any relation to any other drug.

although wantin to be dead is actually pretty insane

cim

well at first i meant havin depression is pretty insane but i think goin cold turkey is actually worse. i wasnt make any relation to any other drug.

although wantin to be dead is actually pretty insane
oh that's a good point. my perspective is from not really needing it and then dropping off the highest dose of the most potent SSRI. I quit 100MG Zoloft basically on accident... and it's really nothing compared to the horrors of quitting Paxil.

on the plus side i had a dream last night that wasn't a nightmare. yay.

Wait, is it really that bad to stop SSRI's cold turkey?
Yes. SSRIs are a slow-acting, continuous drug that affects your body's overall serotonin level. Remove it quickly, and you'll withdraw. Think about what SSRIs are supposed to do to people (antidepressant) Now think about the opposite of that. You're almost there.

Your entire body quickly becomes habituated to inhibited serotonin reuptake. cut that, especially with paxil, and you suddenly have a lot less serotonin. shit gets bad, man.

It's even got its own syndrome name: SSRI Discontinuation Syndrome. It's been renamed from SSRI Withdrawal to avoid being an emotional burden on people who actually need SSRIs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)