Dustox (Analysis) [GP 2/2]

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

[Overview]

<p>Not even access to Quiver Dance can save this moth from being one of the worst Bugs around. The worst part is is that it gets access to Compoundeyes but doesn't need it. Such a waste.</p>

[SET]
name: I'll bring the flame to the moth myself
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Sludge Bomb
move 3: Bug Buzz
move 4: Roost / Substitute
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
ability: Shield Dust
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Switch in on Grass-types like Tangela and giggle as they are forced to switch out (assuming they've already used up Sleep Powder on something else on your team). From there, set up Quiver Dance to have a prayer of outspeeding your enemy and hope that Bug Buzz or Sludge Bomb will have enough power to KO it (it probably won't). Roost lets Dustox switch into Stealth Rock and opposing Grass-types multiple times just for the heck of it. Or you can choose Substitute to block Sleep Powder.</p>

<p>Shield Dust is cool in that Dustox won't get burned from Scald or paralyzed from Body Slam, meaning if your opponent is left with a team of Wartortle, Tangela, and Metang, you might have just won the match.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Please humor me and leave the specially defensive set of generations past in the past. A physically defensive EV spread can be used on the Quiver Dance set to laugh at Sawk and Primeape, but then it takes even longer to get enough boosts to have a chance of sweeping. Silver Wind can be fun to try and nab that +1 boost to all stats.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Unless you totally lack a Pokemon with a strong physical attack and the ability to tank a +1 base 50 Special Attack Bug Buzz / Sludge Bomb, you'll be fine.</p>

tehy

Banned deucer.
I seem to be on a roll here so...

Also I feel like IN needs to be capitalized there, since it's a joke analysis it shouldn't matter, the capitalization just separates of the past and in the past well plus emphasizing the point.

[Overview]¶

<p>Not even access to Quiver Dance can save this moth from being arguably the worst fully evolved Bug. The worst part is is that it gets access to Compoundeyes but doesn't need it. Such a waste.</p>¶

[SET]¶
name: I'll bring the flame to the moth myself¶
move 1: Quiver Dance¶
move 2: Sludge Bomb¶
move 3: Bug Buzz¶
move 4: Roost / Substitute¶
item: Leftovers / Life Orb¶
ability: Shield Dust¶
nature: Timid¶
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe¶

[SET COMMENTS]¶

<p>Switch in on a Grass-type like Tangela and giggle as they are forced to switch out (assuming they've already used up Sleep Powder on something else on your team). From there set up Quiver Dance to have a prayer of outspeeding your enemy and hope that Bug Buzz or Sludge Bomb will have enough power to KO it (they probably won't). Roost lets it switch into Stealth Rock and their Grass-type multiple times just for the heck of it. Or you can choose Substitute to block Sleep Powder.</p>¶

<p>Shield Dust is cool in that Dustox won't get burned from Scald or paralyzed from Body Slam, meaning if your opponent is left with a team of Wartortle, Tangela, and Metang, you may have just won the match.</p>¶

[Other Options]¶

<p>Please humor me and leave the specially defensive set of generations past inIN the past.</p>¶

[Checks and Counters]¶

<p>Unless you are totally lacking in a Pokemon with a strong physical attack and the ability to tank a +1 base 50 Special Attack Bug Buzz/Sludge Bomb, you'll be fine.</p>

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
found two mistakes not covered in tehy's am check:

From there, (AC) set up Quiver Dance to have a prayer of outspeeding your enemy and hope that Bug Buzz or Sludge Bomb will have enough power to KO it (they probably won't).
Shield Dust is cool in that Dustox won't get burned from Scald or paralyzed from Body Slam, meaning if your opponent is left with a team of Wartortle, Tangela, and Metang, you mayight have just won the match.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

[Overview]

<p>Not even access to Quiver Dance can save this moth from being arguably the worst fully evolved Bug. The worst part is is that it gets access to Compoundeyes but doesn't need it. Such a waste.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Switch in on a Grass-type like Tangela and giggle as they are forced to switch out (assuming they've already used up Sleep Powder on something else on your team). From there set up Quiver Dance to have a prayer chance of outspeeding your enemy and hope that Bug Buzz or Sludge Bomb will have enough power to KO it (they probably won't). Roost lets Dustox it switch into Stealth Rock and their opposing Grass-type multiple times just for the heck of it. Or you can choose Substitute to block Sleep Powder.</p>

<p>Shield Dust is cool in that Dustox won't get burned from Scald or paralyzed from Body Slam, meaning if your opponent is left with a team of Wartortle, Tangela, and Metang, you may have just won the match.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Please humor me and leave the specially defensive set of generations past in the past.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Unless you are totally lacking in a Pokemon with a strong physical attack and the ability to tank a +1 base 50 Special Attack Bug Buzz/Sludge Bomb, you'll be fine.</p>

yeah I take this seriously :>
[gp]1/2[/gp]

Sweet Jesus

Neal and Jack and me, absent lovers...
Worst fully evolved bug is ledian or kricketune, glory to dustox !

Add silver wind over bug buzz in other options because you might as well try to rely on hax rather than not trying at all.

GP check. Left Dustox being called a moth in the overview because I figured you know what you're doing and that's probably OK for a joke analysis.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple

[Overview]

<p>Not even access to Quiver Dance can save this moth from being one of the worst Bugs around. The worst part is is that it gets access to Compoundeyes but doesn't need it. Such a waste.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Switch in on a Grass-type like Tangela and giggle as they are it is forced to switch out (assuming they've it's (alternatively make 'a Grass-type like Tangela' into 'Grass-types like Tangela' already used up Sleep Powder on something else on your team). From there, set up Quiver Dance to have a prayer of outspeeding your enemy and hope that Bug Buzz or Sludge Bomb will have enough power to KO it (they it probably won't). Roost lets Dustox switch into Stealth Rock and opposing Grass-types multiple times just for the heck of it. Or you can choose Substitute to block Sleep Powder.</p>

<p>Shield Dust is cool in that Dustox won't get burned from Scald or paralyzed from Body Slam, meaning if your opponent is left with a team of Wartortle, Tangela, and Metang, you might have just won the match.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Please humor me and leave the specially defensive set of generations past in the past. A physically defensive EV spread can be used on the Quiver Dance set to laugh at Sawk and Primeape, but then it takes even longer to get enough boosts to have a chance of sweeping. Silver Wind can be fun to try and nab that +1 boost to all stats.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Unless you are totally lacking in lack a Pokemon with a strong physical attack and the ability to tank a +1 base 50 Special Attack Bug Buzz/Sludge Bomb, you'll be fine.</p>

[gp]2/2[/gp]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)