LC Dwebble

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: Hazard Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Spikes
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Rock Blast
item: Berry Juice
ability: Sturdy
nature: Jolly
evs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Dwebble is best used as a utility lead, setting up both Stealth Rock and Spikes to provide residual damage to the opposing team, while also making use of Knock Off to remove bulkier threats' items and offer further utility to its teammates. The given EV spread allows Dwebble to outspeed common threats to set up as many hazards as possible. Sturdy and Berry Juice ensure Dwebble's longevity in order to keep setting hazards up and providing utility to its team.

Naturally powerful Pokemon such as Galarian Farfetch'd and Mudbray, as well as setup sweepers like Swords Dance Corphish, Nasty Plot Vullaby, and Dragon Dance Onix, appreciate Dwebble's support making their job of punching holes through the opposing team easier. Dwebble appreciates hazard control from Ghost-types such as Frillish and Drifloon blocking Rapid Spin and Pawniard blocking Defog, forming a hazard control core able to keep Dwebble's hazards on the opposing field thanks to their typing and ability, respectively. Spritzee can take Knock Off for Dwebble in return for Dwebble easing Spritzee's job as a setup sweeper. The main weaknesses of Dwebble are its proneness to Knock Off from Pokemon such as Vullaby, Ferroseed, and Galarian Farfetch'd, removing its only means of longevity, as well as Pokemon that abuse Dwebble's typing in Water-types like Wingull and Corphish and setup sweepers that can use it as setup fodder such as Dragon Dance Onix.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Altariel von Sweep, 330191]]
- Quality checked by: [[jake, 110102], [Merritt, 213064]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Mafeking, 122460]]

Last edited:

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i think moveset, spread, comments are all fine. with that said, i think that WA evio might actually be a better set as it then gains some defensive utility, being able to switch into vullaby and threaten it out. since timb has defog, dwebble has a pretty poor matchup against timb teams as it can just switch in and fog over and over, and sturdyjuice isn't as reliable as i'd like it to be esp on a mon weak to SR.

i dunno, i just haven't seen the value in sturdyjuice in the games i've used it in. can you think of any examples where sturdyjuice is more valuable in a given game than evio WA would be?

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i think moveset, spread, comments are all fine. with that said, i think that WA evio might actually be a better set as it then gains some defensive utility, being able to switch into vullaby and threaten it out. since timb has defog, dwebble has a pretty poor matchup against timb teams as it can just switch in and fog over and over, and sturdyjuice isn't as reliable as i'd like it to be esp on a mon weak to SR.

i dunno, i just haven't seen the value in sturdyjuice in the games i've used it in. can you think of any examples where sturdyjuice is more valuable in a given game than evio WA would be?
SturdyJuice is more valuable in the lead matchup against Cutiefly and Vullaby being able to set hazards up by forcing them out or defeat them. In an offensive archetype like hazard spam, hazards require to be put as soon as possible which this set aspires to do.

If the given reason is not enough then I will gladly change the set according to the check.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Instead of the more general "hazard control" you can probably specify that the Ghost-types are spinblockers and that Pawniard takes advantage of Defog (though honestly that's not super impressive this gen considering that one of said defoggers is Timburr).

Looks good, 2/2

Mafeking

channels his inner Wolverine
is a Contributor Alumnus
remove additions (comments)

[SET]
name: Hazard Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Spikes
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Rock Blast
item: Berry Juice
ability: Sturdy
nature: Jolly
evs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Dwebble is best used as a utility lead, setting up both Stealth Rock and Spikes to provide residual damage to the opposing team, while also making use of Knock Off to remove bulkier threats' items and offer further utility to its teammates. The given EV spread allows Dwebble to outspeed common threats to set up as many hazards as possible. Sturdy and Berry Juice ensure Dwebble's longevity in order to keep setting hazards up and providing utility to its team.

Strong-hitting Naturally powerful Pokemon such as Galarian Farfetch'd and Mudbray, as well as setup sweepers like Swords Dance Corphish, Nasty Plot Vullaby(add comma) and Dragon Dance Onix(add comma) appreciate Dwebble's support easing making their job of punching holes through the opposing team easier. ("Strong-hitting" sounded kinda strange to me; I picked "Naturally powerful" to replace it to show that you were discussing Pokemon that didn't use setup to sweep. If there's an issue with this wording, let me know and I can think of something better.) Dwebble appreciates hazard control Pokemon in from Ghost-types such as Frillish and Drifloon blocking Rapid Spin, (remove comma) and Pawniard blocking Defog, forming a hazard control core able to keep Dwebble's hazards on the opposing field thanks to their typing and ability, respectively. Spritzee can take Knock Off for Dwebble, (remove comma) in return of for Dwebble easening easing Spritzee's job as a setup sweeper. The main weaknesses of Dwebble are its proneness to Knock Off from Pokemon such as Vullaby, Ferroseed(add comma) and Galarian Farfetch'd, removing its only means of longevity, as well as Pokemon that abuse Dwebble's typing in Water-types like Wingull and Corphish, (remove comma) and setup sweepers thay that can use it as setup fodder such as Dragon Dance Onix.

Should be good here, just a couple comma edits + small changes to make certain sentences sound a bit smoother. GP 1/1.

contrib_gp.png

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)