Eelektross

Ok, this is the set I would run: Coil/Thunder/Brick Break/Crunch.

Switch this in on any wall using a recovery move...Blissey using softboiled, Skarmory using roost, any bulky water using rest/wish, ghosts using rest (be wary of Wow).

Opponent will likely have to switch, unless they want their walls to eat a SE move with some decent power behind it. Coil on the switch, and smash whatever they send in, which will probably be unable to OHKO you. This set is still blocked by bulky grounds (Hippowdon and Gliscor, who can't really do much in return except phase it out) and probably something else I'm overlooking.

This guy also gets Flamethrower/Grass Knot/HP Ice to surprise certain threats.

If I was running a volt change set, it would be Sub/Volt Change/Brick Break with Grass Knot or HP Ice in the last slot. Plays similar to the last set...bring in on something it forces out, sub on the switch, and volt change to bring in your frail sweeper unscathed or Grass Knot/HP Ice the ground pokemon they brought in. Dragon Tail could be used instead of substitute to force switches and scout.

Edit: This thing would be really deadly if it got a better Fighting move...Cross Chop with Coil anyone?

This thing doesn't look like learning Cross Chop,Its a frickin eel!

I think the Coil set would be best, seeing this thing has no weakness. It also has good defenses. 85/80/80 is quite good for something with no weakness, and great attacking stats. You could even use a mixed set with Coil.

i think coil wild bolt flatrower grass knot could be usefull

since your oponents see you raising attack wiil send in phisical wall who wont like grass knot or flametrowers they are screwed water types cant switch in ground types cant switch in even grass or stell types wont switch in on this guy i mean after a coil what can pokemons walls do since he will get +1 def to help against phisical attackers who will dominate this genif they dont have moldbreaker they can get koed back this guy has a movepoll who screams wall breaker all over

i mean flametrower for steels and grass(poor naturei and skarmory) brick break against special walls blissey and snorlax wont like this after +1 and coming from one 115 base attack grass knot for all ground and water ground pokemons around swanpert(since he uses -speed nature) gastrodon quagsire are all slower
gyarados after a coil wont take this guy down a he can negate the +1 attack with intimidate he will still dye from wild bolt

This could make for an interesting pokemon on a team with Dugtrio/Magnezone.

Take the hit from the pokemon, do a little damage with Uturn/Volt Change and then switch to trap the pokemon. Scizor could do this role, but with Fire attacks being so common in the past (and they might be even more common in this gen due to doryuzuu [the mole] and sunny day teams), it wouldn't be as viable with shibirudon who boasts better overall defenses and a better movepool.
Throw in Shanderra and lets have a party :toast:

This thing seems to have great potential. Such a vast movepool and his stats aren't exactly terrible. No weaknesses is nice, but so few resistance isn't doing him any favors. Coil, Acid Bomb, Crush Claw, and more really help set him apart from the other mixed sweepers.

Bulky Dragon Tail

Shibirudon@Leftovers Ability:Levitate
EVs: I don't do defensive EVs, we don't yet know what will be needed in the metagame.
-Dragon Tail
-U-turn
-Spark/Thunder wave
-Protect

With levitate giving you no weaknesses, 85/80/80 defenses, and a 115atk to hit off of this guy could really be annoying with Dragon Tail. Spark gets STAB and a paralysis chance, or you could just go with Thunder wave for the guaranteed paralysis. Finally U-turn and protect can be used for scouting purposes. Protect also gets you an extra turn for leftovers which is his only real chance for recovery.

I don't think anyone's mentioned Thunder Wave yet. It can work well to patch up its bad Speed (which actually isn't terrible).

Shibirudon @ Expert Belt/Leftovers
EVs: 172 HP/252 SpAtk/84 Spe
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate

~ Thunder Wave
~ Thunderbolt
~ Grass Knot
~ Flamethrower/U-turn

Thunder Wave cripples anything that's not Ground or has Volt Absorb, Motor Drive, or Lightning Rod and will let you outspeed everything that it hits. Thunderbolt is for STAB while Grass Knot and Flamethrower are for coverage. U-turn can be used over Flamethrower because it will still put a dent in Grass types and can allow you to scout for Shibirudon's counters. U-turn can also be used to put a dent in things that Shibirudon can't really hurt, like Blissey, while giving a counter a switchin. HP Ice can be used over one of your other attacks to hit things like Garchomp and Randorosu that could give Shibirudon trouble and are hit neutrally by its other attacks.

The EVs give you maximum SpAtk with enough Spe to outspeed minimum Swampert, who is immune to Thunder Wave, and the rest are put into HP. I don't think there are any other Pokemon higher than that that Shibirudon can outspeed that are immune to Thunder Wave.

Damage Calcs (w/Expert Belt):

Grass Knot vs. max/max Sassy Swampert: 463 - 546 (114.6 - 135.1%) OHKO
Grass Knot vs. std Hippowdon: 342 - 403 (81.4 - 96.0%) chance to OHKO after SR
Grass Knot vs. max/min Goruugu: 360 - 413 (94.2 - 108.1%) OHKO w/one layer of Spikes
Grass Knot vs. min/min Randorosu: 100 - 118 (26.2 - 30.9%) 4HKO

Flamethrower vs. min/min Doryuuzu: 336 - 396 (93.1 - 109.7%) OHKO w/one layer of Spikes
Flamethrower vs. max/max Sassy Nattorei: 310 - 366 (88.1 - 104.0%) OHKO w/one layer of Spikes
Flamethrower vs. std Bronzong: 176 - 207 (52.1 - 61.2%) 2HKO w/SR
Flamethrower vs. max/min Celebi/Shaymin: 237 - 279 (58.7 - 69.1%) 2HKO
Flamethrower vs. min/min Mamoswine (Snow Cloak): 357 - 421 (98.9 - 116.6%) OHKO w/SR

Thunderbolt vs. max/min Roopushin: 210 - 247 (50.7 - 59.7%) 2HKO w/SR
Thunderbolt vs. max/min Burungeru: 343 - 403 (84.9 - 99.8%) good chance to OHKO w/SR
Thunderbolt vs. max/min Starmie: OHKO

HP Ice vs. min/min Randorosu: OHKO
HP Ice vs. min/mn Garchomp: OHKO

So a lot of the things that either are immune to Thunder Wave or don't mind it because they're slow can't take Shibirudon's very well. Also, based on these damage calcs, I don't see why you should be running Life Orb on Shibirudon since Expert Belt gets it all the neccessary KOs with either a layer of Spikes or Stealth Rock.

Edit: Bulky Coil Set:

Shibirudon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/96 Atk/76 SpDef/84 Spe
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Levitate

~ Coil
~ Dragon Tail
~ Thunder
~ Brick Break/Flamethrower/Protect

Coil increases your Atk, Def, and Acc and allows you to take physical hits well and run Thunder for the Paralysis chance and higher damage. Dragon Tail has 100 Accuracy after a Coil (even against Garchomp in Sandstorm) and can be used to shuffle your opponent's team around and do some damage at the same time. Thunder is backed up by STAB and is chosen over Wild Bolt for the Paralysis chance and the ability to hit Skarmory harder (I think). Dragon and Electric is only resisted by Nattorei, Magnezone, and Steelix, which is what the last slot is for. Both of the moves in the last slot will hit them SE but Brick Break will OHKO Tyranitar (who can set up Sandstorm which will negate Shibirudon's Leftovers recovery) while Flamethrower should atleast 2HKO Nattorei (who is immune to Dragon Tail due to Iron Barbs and you wouldn't want to hit it with Brick Break for the same reason) and should OHKO Scizor. Protect can be useful to scout and give Shibirudon extra Leftovers Recovery.

The EVs give max HP, enough speed to outrun Swampert (to hit it with Dragon Tail before it Roars you), a bonus point in Attack and the rest in SpDef. Obviously, this set should be used allongside atleast SR and Spikes and maybe Toxic Spikes as well.

Not everything's about speed. This thing is reasonably bulky if you invest in its defenses. I can see it being a good support with selective sweeping potential, a bit like Swampert with higher attack.

Charge Beam set could be usable.

Shibirudon @ Life Orb/Leftovers
252 SpA/252 Spe/4 SpD
Timid
Charge Beam
Flamethrower
Grass Knot
Substitute/Thunderbolt/Discharge

breh

強いだね
Don't know why you're investing in (EDIT) so much speed; stick most in HP.

Otherwise, Thunderbolt should not be slashed and should be the only option. Charge Beam is... okay but I'm not sure if it's viable.

Some Speed investment can be a good idea. For example, 58 Spe allows you to outrun Swampert and hit it with Grass Knot before it attacks you back. I agree that max speed probably isn't the best idea. You should just find something you want to outspeed, invest enough to outspeed it, and put the rest in HP.

Why on earth would you use Coil for a Special set? :0 the Physical one looks pretty cool though.
The Defense and Accuracy boosts are still useful for it. Although, I think you should run atleast one physical move on Coil sets to take advantage of your boosted Atk.

I have a set that may work, give comments if this looks good.

Special Mixed Bulky Coil:

- Coil
- Thunder
- Flamethrower/Grass Knot
- Dragon Claw/Brick Break

Nature: Quiet
Ev's: 252 SpA / 252 HP / 4 Atk

Item: Leftovers

Coil is just to set up increasing your overall accuracy which helps Thunder and works well with the maximized special attack.

Thunder is for the surefire power once with coil up, there will be times you'll need to shoot Thunder right off the bat but hopefully it shouldn't be in cases where it hurts. Plus the 30% paralysis chance will help to compensate the Quiet nature when it does.

Flamethrower is dependent on your team whether it can handle Ground type pokémon better whereas Grass Knot will be on the moveset if your team can handle Steel types better.

Dragon Claw is there for a powerful move, and can handle pokémon like Garchomp and Flygon, alternatively you can use Brick Break if you trouble with pokémon such as Blissey and Heatran. (Could also hit Doryuuzu harder if you have a coil up, otherwise flamethrower will more than likely be doing the job anyway).

Max evs in HP for efficient bulk.
Maximized special attack with a Quiet nature will help its special attacking prowess.
The rest of the evs go into attack.

Or:

Mixed Offensive Special Coil:

- Coil
- Thunder/Wild Bolt
- Flamethrower/Grass Knot
- Dragon Claw/Brick Break

Nature: Rash
Ev's: 252 SpA / 172 Atk / 84 Spe
Item: leftovers/Life Orb

Works the same way but now this set helps in outspeeding pokémon such as swampert and has life orb to increase offensive properties.

Thunder with the accuracy with Coil is very good and has a 30% chance of paralysis which could help.
Alternatively, you can use Wild Bolt to work with Coil's attack boost but it does have recoil so leftovers should be used if going for Wild Bolt instead of Thunder.

Evs in special attack is maximized for heavy special damage.

172 evs in attack gives you can attack power of 309 (Matching Exploud's base attacking stats) which is pretty good and even better with Coil.

The speed given allows it to outrun Swampert (Grass Knot may be the better option because of this set).
Dragon Claw and Brick Break is for the same reason mentioned above when dealing with the likes of Garchomp, Flygon and Cripped Sazandora or Heatran and Blissey and possibly Doryuuzu (depending on what moves you have on your moveset).

This guy looks like he'll be fun on a trick room team, as ultimately his speed is what's letting him down.

I'm just running for max coverage w/ 252 HP 252 Spec Atk and 4 Def and he is still really bulky easily takes hits and switching into EQ is gorgeous
He's to slow to take advantage of stat boosters IMO
I'm running Grass knot (hippowdon!), HP ice, Thunderbolt and Flamethrower (I hope he gets icebeam next game) contemplating being a bulky Uturner after I take the atk. He has lefties as well for more longevity. Works awesome in DreamWorld tier

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I can't help but feel this guy is a hit-and-run, which means Volt Change ahs to be a staple somewhere in his gameplay. his attacking stats are nice, and yet Jolteon and Electivire exist. Niche? Trick Room, of course, but his attacking stats are a bit "meh" at first glance.

I believe his "niche" is bulky special attacker. I had encourage LO Nidoking on my team but it couldn't take a hit and made my team ridiculously EQ and Starmie weak. (I'm still rather starmie weak) I swapped in Shibi and now I have something that's immune to EQ and can take far more hits than King ever could. Damage isn't as high but since he get's to attack more than once it is definitely better.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
js, his animated sprite sucks.

On a more competitive note, I think his niche will be that of a good mixed attacker on TR teams.

sorry about no coil set originally guys, I copy/pasted the movepools from the thread and they must have gotten mistaken. Obviously I am changing that and adding in a few sets I saw. Coil makes it a hell of alot more viable. I still doubt it will make Ou though. BL if lucky, or top tier UU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)