Electrode and Friends

After a couple of weeks trying to play OU and UU, I decided to try RU because I found OU slightly repetitive and UU slightly stally.
Ru fared slightly better but still,for some reason, it didn't feel right for me.
And then I tried NU.
And man did I try NU.
A couple of weeks ago I started making a team around one of my favorite pokemon,Electrode.
Eventually,the Team lost its focus on Electrode and the Limelight fell on the Team as a whole as a whole.

AT A GLANCE!

So like I said I started with Electrode due to his blistering speed and ability to use taunt (and I always wanted to use him successfully.I tried in higher tiers,didn't really work)

I felt the team needed SR so I started thinking about sets.Eventually I fell upon a youtubers Gigalith set (A guy called NBZ) and fell in love with it.
To this day any person playing me for the first time has never expected the Normal Gem Explosion.

I was also really looking forward to CS Cinccino,having never used it on a previous team, and I heard it was pretty broken.So I had to try it out.
I found my results pleasing.

I wanted a CB (ab)user.I Fiddled around with Golurk and Emboar but I found them too slow,so I tried out others such as Floatzel,but he didn't feel right on the team for some reason.He just wasn't getting KOs when I needed him to.So I dropped him and eventually fell right into a CB Sawsbuck in a NU match once and (Excuse me saying fall/fell alot) fell in love with it.
The 24/3 less Base ATT then Golurk/Emboar is unfortunate but the extra Base 40/30 Speed Leads me to pick up him over the other two.The ability to pick up a free +1 Att is nice as well.
EDIT:Enied up changing it to a SD set as it made him another check/counter to pokemon that I only have one of.

I wanted something Flying,be it through levitate or the actual type,to be able to Set Up and Sweep.I tried out Quiver Dance Butterfree but found instant Half HP when it comes in on the very common SR annoying and he found it hard to set up.So then I found Altaria.I was theorymoning on the way to school and had a thought.
"Cotton Dance,Dragon Dance,Roost and Dragon claw seems pretty OP"
I started scribbling out some EVs and when I got home got straight onto PS and Tried it out.
Jesus Christ.
(Only thing that walls it is Almomola.Seriously.So if I see a Almomola,or of course a poke with an Ice attack I stay away).
Edit:Ended up changing it to Bulky DD with Heal Bell

I found I was seriously laking on the Offensive Special side and wanted another Revenge killer.First pokemon I picked up was a Scarf Glaceon and it performed leaps and bounds over how I thought it would perform.

But then I found Glaceon just to out of place on this team Ive been thinking about Haunter for a long time so I decided to try him out,finding he was doing better than Glaceon.

And then came along helpful suggestions,such as LO on Electrode and Something other than Gigalith.I tried Regirock and Camerupt,finally landing upon Golem.
Golem has performed so much better than Gigalith,Netting kills on consistently 1/2 pokemon and also get SR up.(Thank you everyone for your suggestions.)

Team Building process.

AND THE TEAM!!!!!

UsainJolt the Genderless Electrode
Item: Life Orb Trait: Static
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

This guys role is to stall break and revenge kill.I was thinking about changing HP Ice to HP Water but I really like hitting Cacturne.Partners with Altaria because it really likes killing Almomolas.But we'll get to Altaria in a little bit.
Thunder wave is to hinder my opponent's ChoiceUsers or Set up Sweepers.
Life orb in conjunction with Timid (as suggested by ChaoticaMortis)Takes care of certain threats to the team such as Gorebyss and Cinccino.

-Role I want this pokemon to fit:A fast pokemon (Minimum 90Base speed that can hinder both Walls and Offensive Pokemon) while still hitting relatively hard.
-Other pokemon that could fit this Role: I can't think of anything that is standardly used.
-Why do I use this pokemon over another: It's the Fastest pokemon with both Taunt and Twave,being the best ways to hinder walls and offensive Pokes respectively.
-Why those Ev's?:252 Spec.Att to hit as hard as possible with Pseudo Bolt Beam.252 Speed is there to be as fast as possible without a +speed Nature.4 Def because it will be switching in on/taking mostly physical hits.
-Any Pokemon looking to try out for this position?:Not at the moment.
-Any changes to the pokemon in the works?:Not atm.

Potato the Male Golem
Leftovers Trait: Sturdy
EVs:212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Unfortunately for the previous team member,this guy is faster,does basically the
same thing as Gigalith,Guaranteed SR and tries to nab 1/2 kills.Hts most leads for SE damage.Sucker Punch is there if Golem is to low to take another Hit and wants to damage something.

-Role I want this pokemon to fit:A pokemon that can guaranteed get up SR and hit pretty hard.
-Other pokemon that could fit this role:Gigalith,Miltank,Probopass,Torterra are what I can think of atm.
-Why I use this pokemon over another:Golem is faster,has great Dual Stab,can get up guaranteed SR up, and has Priority.
-Why those EV's:Because of Sturdy I don't need to invest much in defenses,so I instead chose to put 212 in HP.252 Attack to hit as hard as possible.44 Speed to be faster than other Golems.
-Any Pokemon looking to try out for this position?:I might try other pokemon such as Regirock,Miltank etc but so far I have found Golem superior.
-Any changes to the Pokemon in the works?:Not atm.

Pashmina the Female Cinccino
Item:Choice Scarf Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- U-Turn

And Primary revenge killer right here.Aqua tail over Wake up Slap because WUS has an evident lack of power without technician.Other than that,its a pretty standard Cinccino that can nab kills on mostly everything in this Metagame.
EDIT:Changed Aqua Tail to U-Turn because I played over 20 games and only used it 2 times leading me to believe that I would prefer Scouting on her than a Water type Attack to hit Golem.

-Role I want this pokemon to fit:A viable Physical Revenge killer.
-Other Pokemon that could fit this Role:
-Why I use this Pokemon over another?:It's ability to hit most of the threats in NU for either an OHKO or 2HKO consistently without drawbacks(apart from accuracy).
-Why those EV's?:Max ATT and 252 Speed because as a Physical Revenge Killer want it to hit as hard and fast as possible.4 Def because it will be taking mostly physical attacks.
-Any Pokemon looking to try out for this position?:Not at this moment.
-Any changes to the Pokemon in the works?:Not Atm

Oh Dear! the Female Sawsbuck
Item: Life Orb Trait: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Atk /4 Def /252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Double-Edge
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Nature Power

This set if I recall correctly can hit mostly everything for SE Damage and all for Neutral.This guy hits like a Rocket propelled truck.If this thing sets up,which it more than often does.This guy allows me to counter threats to my team which I only have one counter.

-Role I want this pokemon to fit:A Viable Physical attacker,preferably a fast one.
-Other Pokemon that could fit this Role:Emboar,Golurk,Floatzel off the top of my head.
-Why I use this Pokemon over another?:It has more speed than Emboar and Golurk(30/40 more Base Speed I think) and better Movepool/Stab than Floatzel.Free +1 when switching in on a grass attack is also quite nice.
-Why those EV's?:I would like it to hit as hard and fast as possible.4 Def as most pokemon hitting it will be hitting it with physical moves.

GoldLining the Shiny Female Altaria
Item: Leftovers Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SDef / 28 Spd
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Probably my only creative set.If I see no Phazers or Almomola or anything I can assume has an Ice Attack,I lead off with it and set up and sweep.Lum Berry is there because if I feel I can take on Almomola I get one more turn to attack it(it Toxics me,sees Lum berry,I hit it with +X Dragon claw,he tries to toxic me again and I hit him again with a +X Dragon claw).It is the glue to the team,resisting Water,Fighting,Grass if Sawsbuck is down,Fire and Immune to Ground all relatively common move types,allowing me to switch in on something and set up as they switch.I originally had EQ over Roost but realized that Altaria needs Recovery and Lefties wern't enough.I would Seriously think about just making it Max Spec.D,so I will try that out.
Changes:Tweaked EVs.Changed to Careful Nature.

-Role I want this pokemon to fit:A pokmon that is Immune to Ground,resists Water,Fire,Fighting and Electric,Sets up,preferably bulky and checks physical threats.
-Other Pokemon that could fit this Role:Not many,Butterfree can fulfill some of the requirements but isn't very bulky and takes 50% to SR.
-Why I use this Pokemon over another?:I looked at many pokemon and realized that Altaria is the only pokemon that can do all those things.(Also,if you are wondering,Cotton Guard makes some Physical threats that where previously very threatening to her,not so threatening).Before her I had not many safe switches to the common move types.She is at the moment the Glue.
-Why those EV's?:the 252 HP / 228 SDef / 28 Spd spread in the Defenses is there to be relatively bulky but still having a possibility to sweep.She is able to take almost every(Non Ice) attack in NU right now.

MarsBar the Shiny Male Haunter
Item: Choice Scarf Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Sludge Wave
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

The replacement Revenge killer.MarsBar just has overall more synergy with the team than Glaceon.He also boasts a better moveset and 30 more Base Speed.However the less SpecAtt does kinda hurt at times.His Dual Stab hits ridiculously hard,almost one shotting Alomomola with Sludge Wave.TBolt to fry Water and Flying types,HP Fighting for steels that otherwise wall this set.
EDIT:I changed it from Scarf to Specs,because I felt It wasn't cutting it when it needed to and it was already quite fast.Bad thing is that it can no longer revenge kill Scarfers.Oh Well.

-Role I want this pokemon to fit:Viable special Revenge killer.
-Other Pokemon that could fit this Role:Glaceon.
-Why I use this Pokemon over another?:Faster than Glaceon,better movepool,better synergy with the team.
-Why those EV's?:Ev's are spread,like most Choice users are,to hit as Hard and as fast as possible.
-Any Pokemon looking to try out for this position?:Not atm.
-Any changes to the Pokemon in the works?:Currently fiddling around with his moveset.

Potato the Male Gigalith
Normal Gem Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 50 HP/ 252 Atk / 4 Def / 200 SDef
Careful Nature
- Explosion
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
(Credit to NBZ for the Set)

This guy is amazing.Guaranteed Stealth Rocks if I need it and usually nabs 2 KOs if not.I use this over Golem because Golem has less base Att and Def if I recall correctly.And if rocks are up Golem cant take a water move.Also a surprisingly good revenge killer if Rocks aren't up,firing off a guaranteed Explosion in the face of something I don't like.Partners with Cinccino because she really likes Rocks IMO.

-Role I want this pokemon to fit:A pokemon that can guaranteed get up SR and hit pretty hard.
-Other pokemon that could fit this role:Golem,Miltank,Probopass,Torterra are what I can think of atm.
-Why I use this pokemon over another: Out of all of them, its the pokemon with the most attack to get Sturdy and Explosion.The lack of a Dual weakness to Water like Golem is a positive,allowing it to live certain water moves when Sturdy is gone.
-Why those EV's:The reason I don't put any speed Investment(Like I saw in the smogon set) is because even with near max speed, it isn't out speeding much.Max Spec.D because his Def is already naturally high and want all round bulk as opposed to Super bulky in what stat,but that might change for reasons Ill Explain.
-Any changes to the Pokemon in the works?:The Ev's.The lead position where I usually keep him is not where special attackers roam about.so I might take out 52-80 Ev's of Spec.D and put them into Def or HP.

Haku the Shiny Female Glaceon
Item: Choice Scarf Trait: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 SAtk /4 Def /252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Water]
- Toxic

And another Revenge killer.Hidden Power might stick out but I needed something to use a water move and Water pulse is just so ineffective at 60BP.Toxic is there to break down walls I cant hit for SE Damage(Almomola, Im looking at you).She has performed far beyond my expectations because I was a bit worried about her Movepool.

-Role I want this pokemon to fit:Viable special Revenge killer.
-Other Pokemon that could fit this Role:Haunter.
-Why I use this Pokemon over another?:To be honest,I don't think I will be.Haunter will.(at least I think.)
-Why those EV's?:Ev's are spread,like most Choice users are,to hit as Hard and as fast as possible.
-Any Pokemon looking to try out for this position?:Yes actually,I am about to try out Scarf Haunter,which hits almost as hard but is just so much faster,has a much better movepool and is Immune to Fighting which this team is not so much threatened by but has no Direst Check/Counter.Another ground Immunity is nice as well.

Previous Team Members

Changes In Bold.

UsainJolt (Electrode) @ Life Orb
Trait: Static
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Pashmina (Cinccino) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- U-turn

Potato (Golem) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast

Oh Dear! (Sawsbuck) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sap Sipper
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Horn Leech
- Swords Dance
- Nature Power

GoldLining (Altaria) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 228 SDef / 28 Spd
Careful Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Heal Bell
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

MarsBar (Haunter) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Sludge Wave
- Trick
- Shadow Ball

Importable

And thats all she wrote,Might end up doing a threat list if I have time.
Rate and comment please.Criticism is welcome,although not to harsh please.
This is my first RMT and first attempt at a competitive NU Team.I was just fluffing about with random sets before this team came along.

Though I'm no expert at NU, I have a fair bit of skepticism about the Altaria set. The ability to +3 your defense with cotton guard is alluring, I'm sure, but you never really explained it's usage. Is it for setting up in the face of rock behemoths? I mean, Altaria already brings the excellent physical resistances/immunities of Fighting and Ground. Additionally, outside of rock blast, stone edge is one of the more common rock moves, and with the raised chance for a critical hit, your cotton guard boost will quickly become irrelevant. Plus, Roost removes the rock weakness for a turn, so that you can stall out Stone Edge.

What I am trying to say is, to run Heal Bell over Cotton Guard on Altaria, so that you have a shot at taking on alomomola, whereas even before with lum you could be toxic stalled out. Then, you can began to run leftovers again for added survivability. Heal Bell will also allow Altaria to function as a cleric to support your team.

Nice team, and good luck.

Thank you and I shall go and try that out.
Shortly after writing this up I found that Cotton Guard was a tad bit gimicky,and not really performing the way I wanted it to.
EDIT:I tried Altaria without cotton dance and it just wasnt performing.It wasn't checking the physical threats it used to without Cotton dance
and I realize that I didnt make that clear in the op.So I think I will change it back to Cotton Dance.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would highly recommend that you increase your descriptions. They are lacking in depth (you don't explain why you chose a particular Pokemon instead of another, what your unique EV spreads do, or why you feel the team member is good or bad). Also, you should mention what problems you have run into, and what the theme of this team is (is it to sweep with a certain Poke, hit hard and fast, etc.).

For now, I can at least tell you that unless they are Choice locked into a Fighting-move, your entire team will lose to the common Fighting-types of the tier. Sawk and Gurdurr are the most threatening, since they also can Ice Punch Altaria into oblivion. Regirock presents another problem, since it can Drain Punch both Cinccino and Sawsbuck to death while their Grass moves won't KO without a critical hit (or maybe two in Cinccino's case). Out of your entire team, Glaceon is also the most out of place since it isn't very good as a revenge killer (I believe Swellow still outspeeds it). I won't give you a full rate until you expand a little more, but that should be enough for you to start with. Good luck!

Hey, solid team! I just have a couple quick things. I don't even really see why you need a lum berry on Altaria. It has Natural Cure so switching out cures any status that you might have. I understand that you think it is needed because you have dragon dance, but I think you should try it with Leftovers instead of lum berry. I'm not sure where it would fit in because you already tried replacing Cotton Guard for it, but Heal Bell would certainly help your entire team as well as Altaria.

I personally like Volt Switch on Electrode, because it helps you get switch advantage and would definitely put you in better situations with your 3 Choice users. Maybe replace T-Wave?

I like NBZ as well, and the 5 guys and a gigalith team too, but I've found Golem to be better than gigalith at almost everything. He can also set up rocks, walls physical hits, and has some attacking prowess. Also, you can throw in priority sucker punch as a final hit, while to abuse a Normal Gem boosted Explosion, you have to predict a switch, or go first which will rarely happen because gigalith is so slow.

On Cinccino, try U-Turn over Aqua Tail. This guy doesn't really want to stay in vs rock/steel types and U-Turn will help you with switch advantage and go well with Electrode.

Glaceon looks interesting and if you like it I won't suggest anything else because it looks solid.

At least give these things a try and then choose whatever you like because it is your team!

Edited with added description on thoughts behind the sets and stuff.
@WhiteDMist,I agree about the fighting type weakness,so soon I will try Scarfed Haunter over Glaceon.Im sorry about lack of description but it's my first rate my team and didn't know exactly what to say.Now I do so I changed the OP.

@Espyboss I will try leftovers on that set but Altaria needs all her moveslots to do what I need her to.Atm Status isn't the biggest problem and instead only a slight annoyance.
The reason I chose Gigalith over Golem is not only that he has more Att (Which means a more powerful explosion) but also is not 4x Weak to Water,meaning sometimes I can get off both SR and Explosion.The argument that I have to predict a switch isn't really valid just because not many things can take a NG Explosion and things that can get easily revenge killed.Also not many teams run Ghosts.If they do,I generally don't go for the Explosion.I remember trying Volt Switch but realized that I would almost always rather have Twave to render offensive things almost useless.I will however try U-Turn on Cinccino because I played over 20 games today and used Aqua Tail twice.

Thanks everyone for their critique.

I'm not going to lie: I kind of like this team. Sawsbuck is ridiculously underrated and deserves more use, and it's always cool to see an Electrode. You've got really good synergy going; your team has 5 immunities and its only glaring weakness is Fighting-type attacks, which Altaria and Haunter don't care much about. There are, however, a few common Pokemon in NU that might be able to seriously hurt you if your one solid check to them is taken out. I'd like to point those Pokemon out to you before I do anything else.

First off, Gorebyss can seriously hurt this team if your Cinccino is taken out, and I mean seriously. Once Gorebyss has Smashed, it does not afraid of your team. I'm going to show you a few calcs to really emphasize this. All the calcs I present to you will be shown in HIDE tags.
252 +2 SpAtk Life Orb Gorebyss (+SpAtk) Surf vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Electrode: 186.21% - 219.54%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 +2 SpAtk Life Orb Gorebyss (+SpAtk) Surf vs 50 HP/200 SpDef Gigalith (+SpDef) : 238.7% - 280.5%
Guaranteed OHKO if any entry hazards are present

252 +2 SpAtk Life Orb Gorebyss (+SpAtk) Ice Beam vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Sawsbuck: 239.87% - 282.39%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 +2 SpAtk Life Orb Gorebyss (+SpAtk) Ice Beam vs 200 HP/156 SpDef Altaria (+SpDef) : 239.3% - 281.52%
Guaranteed OHKO

252 +2 SpAtk Life Orb Gorebyss (+SpAtk) Surf vs 0 HP/4 SpDef Haunter: 280.52% - 329.87%
Guaranteed OHKO

One thing that would better prepare you for this is if you changed your Electrode's nature from Modest to Timid, which will allow it to outspeed any Modest variants of Gorebyss (which I believe are the most common at the moment) and get the OHKO with Thunderbolt, even if said Gorebyss is running White Herb.
252 SpAtk Electrode Thunderbolt vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Gorebyss: 114.74% - 135.06%
Guaranteed OHKO

If you aren't willing to make this change, then you should definitely make sure to play extremely well with your Cinccino, as it is the only member of your team that can stop Gorebyss after a Shell Smash.

Another Pokemon that will give your team problems is, oddly enough, Cinccino. Again, I'll give you some calcs to get my point across. Note that this is with the standard LO variant.
Electrode:
252 SpAtk Electrode (+SpAtk) Thunderbolt vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Cinccino: 63.92% - 75.6%
2 hits to KO

252 Atk Life Orb Cinccino Tail Slap vs 0 HP/0 Def Electrode: 22.22% - 26.44%
4-5 hits to KO
Your Electrode happens to be faster than standard Cinccino, although it would not be able to revenge kill standard Cinccino with its current set, and following its attempt at doing so, it would be (technically) OHKO'd.

Gigalith:
252 Atk Life Orb Cinccino Bullet Seed vs 50 HP/4 Def Gigalith: 14.86% - 17.34%
6-7 hits to KO

252 Atk Gigalith Stone Edge vs 0 HP/0 Def Cinccino: 87.63% - 103.09%
25% chance to OHKO
As you can see from this, as long as Cinccino doesn't get one of its famous critical hits, your Gigalith should be somewhat able to revenge kill it with either Stone Edge or Explosion. However, do understand that Gigalith will be virtually useless to you afterwords, as its dismal speed and already-lowered health will cause it to be taken out by whatever Pokemon is sent in after Cinccino.

Cinccino:
252 Atk Cinccino (+Atk) Tail Slap vs 0 HP/0 Def Cinccino: 18.9% - 22.68%
5-6 hits to KO (this is yours attacking the opponent's)

252 Atk Life Orb Cinccino Tail Slap vs 0 HP/4 Def Cinccino: 22.68% - 26.8%
4-5 hits to KO (and your opponent's attacking yours)
So, as long as you have Stealth Rock up, or you manage to get a critical hit, your own Cinccino has a chance at revenge killing an opposing one.

Sawsbuck:
252 Atk Life Orb Cinccino Tail Slap vs 0 HP/4 Def Sawsbuck: 19.27% - 22.92%
5-6 hits to KO

252 Atk Choice Band Sawsbuck Horn Leech vs 0 HP/0 Def Cinccino: 79.38% - 93.81%
2 hits to KO

If Sawsbuck can switch in on Bullet Seed and snag a Sap Sipper boost:
252 +1 Atk Choice Band Sawsbuck Horn Leech vs 0 HP/0 Def Cinccino: 119.59% - 140.55%
Guaranteed OHKO
Sawsbuck presents another high-risk situation in which you might be able to beat Cinccino. If hazards are up, Cinccino is going to beat Sawsbuck with Tail Slap if you try and revenge kill it. If hazards aren't up on your side, but they are on your opponent's, you have a chance of surviving the Tail Slap and OHKO'ing with Horn Leech. If you manage to switch into Bullet Seed, Sawsbuck will KO Cinccino regardless of entry hazards, but remember that you also have to survive Cinccino's first attack.

Altaria:
252 Atk Life Orb Cinccino Rock Blast vs 200 HP/152 Def Altaria: 15.84% - 18.77%
6-7 hits to KO (extremely low chance of survival if Stealth Rock is up)
I really shouldn't have to go over this one.

Haunter:
Slower than Cinccino and extremely frail, I'm not doing a damage calculation for this one either.

Once again, an easy way to stop this is by changing up your Electrode set. If you follow the advice I already gave you on Gorebyss but also changed your item to Life Orb, you've got a great shot at beating Cinccino as long as you get up Stealth Rock.
252 SpAtk Life Orb Electrode Thunderbolt vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Cinccino: 76.29% - 89.69%
Entry hazards damage: 36
After entry hazards: 258 - 297 (88.66% - 102.06%)
18.75% chance to OHKO
Note that if you decide against changing Electrode's nature to Timid to handle Gorebyss, and you keep its Modest nature, it should have a higher chance to take opposing Cinccino out. I don't recommend this though.

This would be the easiest thing to do, as it also helps you out against Gorebyss, but if you're dead set on not making that change, you could instead change your Haunter's item to a Choice Scarf. Haunter can switch in on Tail Slap, outspeed Cinccino the following turn, and OHKO with Hidden Power Fighting.
252 SpAtk Haunter (+SpAtk) Hidden Power Fighting vs 0 HP/0 SpDef Cinccino: 80.41% - 94.85%
Entry hazards damage: 36
After entry hazards: 270 - 312 (92.78% - 107.22%)
50% chance to OHKO

Okay, moving on to parts of the actual team that are bugging me.
First off, you need to update the descriptions of each of your Pokemon to match the changes you've made (you still mention Glaceon, certain EV spreads that you made changes to, etc.). Second, I think your team might have trouble with stall-based opponent's, as you lack a spinner, a Toxic Spikes absorber, a cleric, or a Pokemon that can set up boosts to muscle through certain walls. This is not a huge problem as stall is virtually nowhere in the current metagame and you can probably handle it with smart switching and Taunt if you really need to. On to the POGEYMANS!!1!

Electrode: You imply that you might be switching this guy (or rather, this it, considering it's supposed to be genderless...) in on physical attacks. Don't do that, it will die. You will be sad. Moving on, I've already mentioned changing a few things about Electrode in my above comments, but I'd also like to give you a little extra information about why my idea sounds good.
You normally run Lum Berry to switch in on status moves without being hindered, and that is a good idea. However, most status moves right now are coming from Grass-type Pokemon, which means your Sawsbuck can easily switch into said moves instead of Electrode. Yes, Thunder Wave is still a problem, but you're probably smart enough to predict when your opponent might try to fire off a T-Wave. If you switch in without them hitting you with a status move, remember that you're running Taunt for a reason. If you still aren't convinced, read my advice on Gigalith before making up your mind. Volt Switch, while being a very useful move, would probably mess up your Electrode's strategy more than it would help it, but I don't think Thunder Wave is quite as necessary as you might.

Gigalith: I understand your reasoning for using Gigalith, and you seem to know what you're doing with it. I'd like to state that Explosion, while extremely powerful, might be a bad idea in our current metagame. The reason for this is that Golurk is currently very popular, as are many Ghost-types that can score a free switch if they predict you're about to blow up (Exploding Gigalith is almost never hard to see coming). If you ever want to switch Gigalith out for another Pokemon, the only ones I would suggest would be Regirock, Golem, or Torterra (as you've already mentioned). Regirock can take multiple hits from Cinccino, Golem is faster than Gigalith and is blessed with Sucker Punch, and Torterra is an excellent offensive tank. Regarding your Electrode's Lum Berry issue, any of those three Pokemon, as well as Gigalith itself, can switch into Pokemon using Thunder Wave and either nullify the move or just not give a damn about being paralyzed.

Cinccino: Your Cinccino set is completely fine, especially now that you've added U-Turn. Smart playing will guarantee that this thing always benefits your team.

Sawsbuck: You're going to be switching out quite often with Sawsbuck, so I suggest changing Double-Edge to Return. This keeps entry hazard damage from stacking with recoil, which will allow your deer to survive the constant ins and outs that it will be experiencing. You could change Jump Kick to Megahorn, as your Grass + Ground + Fighting coverage is just a tad redundant, but that's not really a large issue.
If you'd like, you can also replace Jump Kick for Swords Dance and replace Choice Band for Life Orb. This will allow Sawsbuck to still be able to hit like a nuke, you'll just have to boost first. The advantage that this set has over CB is twofold: Obviously it lets you switch attacks, but you can also set up multiple boosts if you get the opportunity (this might help with that occasional stall problem I mentioned earlier). This set is actually fairly easy to use as Sawsbuck forces quite a few switches.
You probably already know this, but make sure to abuse Sap Sipper + Choice Band as often as you can; if you're gonna be locked into a move, it needs to hit as hard as you can possibly make it.

Altaria: I recommend switching CG for Heal Bell, as it helps your entire team quite a bit (going all the way back to my advice on Electrode's Lum Berry, Heal Bell Altaria would be able to fix any mistakes you would make causing Life Orb Electrode to be inflicted with status moves). Yes, I understand you're quite stubborn about Cotton Guard, but I'd like to point out that defensive boosting in general is not a good idea. You can be phazed out, struck with untimely critical hits, or just have your 4x Ice weakness abused on the special side. No, those aren't things that will affect you more than maybe once every 10 battles, but it's still something to consider. If you make these changes, I also think Leftovers should replace your Lum Berry. Lum's already a bit unnecessary on a Pokemon with Natural Cure, and one with Heal Bell would just make it comical.

Haunter: I've already suggested a few things for Haunter as well, so I don't have much to say here. Sludge Bomb can always be switched with Sludge Wave as it does slightly less damage but has a 20% higher chance of poisoning the target Pokemon. Trick could be used over Thunderbolt to cripple walls and be a general annoyance. I personally prefer SubDisable Haunter when not running Choice Scarf, so I would like to plug that, but what you have right now looks like it should be fine.

Well, if you read through all of that, I'd like to thank you for giving my suggestions a thorough read. Please consider them carefully, as I do believe they'll ultimately make your team that much better than it already is. This was a good RMT (especially good considering how new you are to our tier), and I'd like to give you props on it. Keep playing NU, feel free to post in our forums, and continue enjoying our tier.

Changes in a box:
Electrode: Replace Lum Berry for Life Orb and Modest nature for Timid. Possibly swap out T-Wave for Volt Switch.
Gigalith: Don't be careless with Explosion, consider changing it with Golem, Regirock, or Torterra.
Cinccino: It's fine.
Sawsbuck: Replace Double-Edge with Return. Possibly replace Jump Kick with Megahorn. Consider using the standard Swords Dance set.
Altaria: Replace Cotton Guard with Heal Bell. If you do, replace Lum Berry with Leftovers.
Haunter: Consider replacing Sludge Wave with Sludge Bomb and Thunderbolt with Trick. Consider trying out the standard SubDisable set.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Excellent, you've improved your RMT and your team! I'll back what ChaoticaMortis already mentioned, especially his mentions of SubDisable Haunter and Megahorn over Jump Kick on Sawsbuck. On the matter of Gigalith, a Normal Gem boosted Explosion is actually pretty obvious, since that is usually on the standard set. Regirock would probably be the best out of everything Chaotica mentioned, since it has the bulk to tank any unboosted hit and set up/strike back.

Unfortunately, a Pokemon that hasn't been accounted for is Swift Swim Ludicolo. It can unfortunately set up a Rain Dance on Sawsbuck locked into a not very effective move. That is also why making Sawsbuck a Swords Dancer set would be beneficial, since its STAB moves are strong, but easy to take advantage of.

Since you didn't mention what the main strategy of your team is, I can only assume it is simply to beat the opponent down with only minimal support in the form of Stealth Rock and Thunder Wave. If that is the case, Altaria is more of the odd man out that Glaceon was. If the goal of your team is simply to weaken Altaria's counters to allow it to sweep, then you may want to remove Cotton Guard, since status forces you out completely after your Lum Berry is gone. I know that you like Cotton Guard, but hear me out: if your opponent has allowed you to set up both a Cotton Guard and a Dragon Dance, then they aren't really in the position to stop you anymore in the first place. Like Choatica mentioned, Heal Bell is more useful simply to stop Toxic and Thunder Wave from crippling you before you can set up fully. In fact, the bulky DD Altaria set does everything that you want Cotton Guard Altaria to do, while still maintaining the bulk against things that you want to set up on in the first place.

For now, that is all I'll say. Maybe the other raters can give their insight on your team that completely disagrees with my own (and Chaotica's now that I think about it). Anyways, good luck and I hope I helped! :)

I agree with ChaoticaMortis and WhiteDMist. Gorebyss and SubSalac Samurott can give your team many problems, but their suggestions will help! :)

Electric-types will also cause problems for the team. Eelektross is the biggest one to lookout for. It is very bulky and has great coverage. Specs Eelektross can come in on Gigalith and kill it with Giga Drain. Sawsbuck is defeated by Flamethrower, too. You don't really have anything that can come in safely. This is why I would suggest replacing Gigalith with a Specially Defensive Camerupt. Camerupt may not learn Explosion, but it can set up Stealth Rocks for your team. Another plus is that it has access to Roar, preventing something from setting up on Camerupt. Here is the set:

Camerupt @Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP/4 SpA/252 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Lava Plume
-Earth Power

Max HP and special bulk will allow Camerupt to come in on most special attacks with ease. Its special bulk is further contributed by using a Calm Nature. Like I said earlier, Camerupt can support your team where Gigalith left off by setting up Stealth Rocks. Roar prevents pokes from setting up on you and stacks on damage from Stealth Rocks. Lava Plume and Earth Power are the STAB moves of choice.

Hope I helped and good luck! :)

Wow,thank you everyone for their critique of this team!

Okay let me reply..

@ChaoticaMortis
Gorebyss is definitely a threat when Pashmina is down, so I will definitely try out Timid LO Electrode.Which will in turn take care of LO Cinccino.
I will also try out both Regirock and Golem,leaning more to the Regirock side of things as I agree with the whole predictable Explosion thing.For some reason I said that I would be switching in on Physical attacks with Electrode.Don't worry,I don't do that.
Already changed Lum berry to Lefties on Altaria and finding it already so much better.
Scarf eh? okay.I'll try that out.Trick,also will tinker around with that.
Not to sure how I feel about 2 set up sweepers on the same team,but I will also try SD Sawsbuck.I will try SubDisable Haunter but as I now little about it Im not to sure If it is a viable Revenge killer,which is the role I want it to fill.

@WhitDMist
I will was just about to change Jump Kick to Megahorn before I read these posts.TBH I completely forgot about Ludicolo.So that also leans sawsbuck in more of the SD route.
I will try Altaria without Cotton Guard.

EDIT:
Thank you MajesticElectric!
I will also Try Camerupt.Quick question does Eelektross use HP Ice?If not then Altaria should be a safe switch.

Yet again I would like to thank everyone for their support and Critique!

EDIT:
Thank you MajesticElectric!
I will also Try Camerupt.Quick question does Eelektross use HP Ice? If not then Altaria should be a safe switch.
It is rare for them to have Hidden Power Ice. Usually they will have Volt Switch to provide momentum and bring in a different poke. I have seen some with it though, so be careful!

Either way, Altaria truly isn't a safe counter. A Thunderbolt coming from a Modest Eelektross with Specs will still do a lot of damage to it. Camerupt is immune to Electric attacks and he would be better to bring in. Remember to keep him away from Water at all costs!

I lol'd when I saw the new nick for Golem.

The changes look good, keep us updated with how successful the team is if you want further input from us. Good luck with everything.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
Soooo, why do you have Normal Gem on Golem? ;)

That aside, can you tell us why you need 2 speedy revenge killers? It doesn't really seem to mean much of anything, but if there is a good reason, then it would be nice if you mentioned it. Other than that, Ditto (:D) what Choatica said.

Forgot to change Item lol.
I just want to thank everyone for helping to make this team as best as it can be.
I like having 2 revenge killers.It's not a need,it's just something I like having on my team.
I'll keep you guys posted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)