Emancipation Suite: PBR Doubles Team

Emancipation Suite​

Hey guys, this is my current PBR team. It's been doing really well and has been tailored to take out Kyogre teams, Trick Room teams, uber teams, and pretty much other "cheap" tactics. Im not saying those types of teams arent cheap, nor am i saying that i can always beat them, Im just saying that i am prepared for them. This team has changed a lot from the beginning, but Zapdos and Hitmontop managed to be the only members to stay on this team. Now, lets take a closer look:

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
EV: 140 HP / 252 SpA / 116 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Detect

Zapdos is a great Pokemon for double battles possessing great offensive capabilities while being able to take hits well. I opted for a Sitrus Berry since it allows Zapdos to tank an extra hit or two. Thunderbolt is his main STAB, and deals a nice chunk to anything that doesn't resist it. Next up is Heat Wave which allows me to strike two enemies at once, and can also pick off the last remaining health off some Pokemon while hitting its ally as well. Hidden Power Ice is here to hit those dragons like Garchomp that everyone has. And lastly, Detect is here to scout which is essential in double battles.

Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EV: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Detect

Hitmontop is definitely my favorite member on this team. All of his moves has priority, and he definitely packs a punch with them due to Technician. I chose Life Orb because the more power, the better. Fake Out is a great move allowing me to stun one of my opponents on the first turn and usually disrupting their strategy. Mach Punch is his main STAB which dents many things and provides great coverage along with his best friend, Zapdos. Sucker Punch is for pesky ghosts such as explosion Gengar which allows me to kill them before they explode. And Detect, like Zapdos, to scout and fake out (no pun intended) my opponent.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Imprison
- Protect

The big middle finger to trick room teams: Azelf. Paired with Arcanine, my opponent is almost guaranteed to not get their trick room up. I chose focus sash because Azelf is a very frail Pokemon and he needs to survive in order to fulfill his role. Imprison is the main move in this set, enabling me to lock out the three most common moves in the games from my opponent. And if I'm against a trick roomer+fake out lead, I can just protect on turn one, and use trick room myself on turn two. Explosion is here for when the job is done, and I can just go boom on everything.

Arcanine @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EV: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Adamant
- Flare Blitz
- Crunch
- Extremespeed
- Protect

Arcanine is really pulling his weight on this team. He shuts down physical attackers with Intimidate, and since trick roomers are either psychic or ghost types, that's why I have Crunch powered by adamant and life orb. Flare Blitz is his main STAB, demolishing a lot of things at the cost of some health. Probably not a great combination with Life Orb...but whatever. Extremespeed because it never hurts to have priority on your teams, and with the abundance of focus sashes, it helps. Protect, for the same reason as Detect, to protect myself.

Ludicolo @ Expert Belt
Ability: Swift Swim
EV: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Fake Out / Protect
- Hydro Miss
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Sup Kyogre? Ludicolo is my rain counter in which I can use the enemy's rain against them. Now, I don't just use Ludicolo when I see rain teams, he does well when i see the opponent has a significant weakness to water, grass, and ice types. So, that's why I use Expert Belt. I am currently unsure whether to use Fake Out or Protect, but as of now I am using Fake Out. Hydro Pump is his main STAB which ko's anything that it's super effective on in the rain. Grass Knot is for Kyogre, Groudon, and things that are either heavy or resist Hydro Pump. Ice Beam is for dragons and Gliscor.

Yanmega @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EV: 4 HP / 4 Def / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
- Bug Buzz
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Detect

To be honest, Yanmega is just a filler Pokemon. I'm not saying he's bad, he is actually a big help, I'm just saying that he is on this team for no significant reason. He just patches up some weaknesses I guess. I'm just unsure whether or not to use Life Orb or Focus Sash. Focus Sash will allow him to take a hit, but the drop of power is very noticeable. Bug Buzz is his main STAB which takes out darks and psychics. Air Slash is to take out fighting types which otherwise are annoying to take out without Yanmega. Hidden Power Ground is to take out fire, steel, and rock types which otherwise threaten Yanmega. And Detect, well, can you guess by now? I thought so lol

So that's the team, thanks for reading, and please leave a rate or comment. Thanks.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)