Enchanted Items [Now Multibility]

This is false, the moody clause does not ban wave incense, it bans moody. The team validator is coded to not take into account the effects of items in bans unless the meta code specifically bans them. This is the same reason why you can have the speed boost item+sd+bp but cannot have the speed boost ability+sd+bp.
Oh. Well, uh. That should probably be added in. I don't want to play a meta with Moody in it.

Fixing the Baton Pass clause to account for enchanted items would also be good.

Gengar could prove to be a prime utility pokemon in this metagame. With access to both No Guard and Prankster, it can spread status a lot easier, while still hitting hard.

Gengar @ Adamant Orb (No Guard)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hypnosis
- Hex/Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Pretty standard set, No Guard allows Hypnosis to always land. Hex pairs with it to do more damage while statused, but you can also run Shadow Ball. Focus Miss becomes Focus Bliss when it never missed thanks to the ability, and Sludge Wave is standard coverage.

Gengar @ Soul Dew (Prankster)
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp/Hypnosis
- Hex/Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave

Really the same as the last set, but WoW/Hypnosis now has priority, at the cost of *gasp* missing.

Bloody Crits (Kingdra) @ Love Ball
Ability: Sniper + Super Luck
Timid Nature
- Focus Energy
- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
- filler (maybe Clear Smog)

Super crits for daysssss

Bloody Crits (Kingdra) @ Love Ball
Ability: Sniper + Super Luck
Timid Nature
- Focus Energy
- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor
- filler (maybe Clear Smog)

Super crits for daysssss
This is exactly the same as using standard Scope Lens though.

So, has anyone tried using a weather-ability item on a weather-ability mon yet? :P

This is exactly the same as using standard Scope Lens though.

So, has anyone tried using a weather-ability item on a weather-ability mon yet? :P
Yes, it works fine. The Weather Ability item activates second.

This shall be added to FAQ, because there will be many people who will ask "What if I use two Weather Abilities/Two -ates/-ate+Normalize".
  • The Item ability will activate second, so if you use Hail(Ability) + Sand(Item), the result will be Sand. If any of the abilities is a Primal Weather, it will activate.
  • For two -ates, The Item -ate would have no effect, because the Ability -ate, which activates first, would change the normal type moves into the respective type.
  • For Normalize + -ate, if the Ability is Normalize, all the moves would change to Normal type, then the -ate will activate, changing all moves to the respective types. But if the Enchanted Item gives Normalize, the result would be All moves changing to normal type.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't played this yet, but Serperior seems like it would be incredible in this meta. With Pamtre berry giving it Tinted Lens, it's lack of coverage options won't be nearly as much of problem. Dragon Pulse will be completely not needed, so it frees up move slots for stuff like Giga Drain, Glare, SubSeed, and Taunt.

Illusio

Bold and Brash
I'd add Alomomola to this list. Its amazing HP bulk and above average defense can make it great for tanking physical hits and it can also eat up special attacks with enough investment, and is also good for utility, being able to run Wish, Scald, Knock Off, Toxic, and obviously Rest for free 100% HP recovery.
Alomomola would rather have Regen in most cases, which means that it wouldn't get the Rest boost.

Alomomola would rather have Regen in most cases, which means that it wouldn't get the Rest boost.
Moreover, Alomomola desperately wants something to alleviate its passivity. Unaware is a good option to keep yourself from being taken advantage of, Serene Grace is such a funny option that I forgot to laugh, and Flame Body is good for sometimes checking physical attackers without having to actually do anything.

Okay, Got Talent? Wins June. Look at the bright side, we have a whole month to fix bugs!
Sure we can!

then let's go ahead with some quick-bans! /And implementing Item clause urkerab

Kyurem-Black
Kyurem-B is way to versatile and powerful, between Tinted lens, Speed boost, Protean and Fridge it's insanely difficult to stop, pls ban.

Chatter
Gale wings chatter is a thing in this metagame! No fun! So this will be banned now before later

Ability/Item clause
Restricting you to have one enchanted items, this will prevent spam of various abilities!

I hope everyone has a good time on the Rom server :)

I haven't played this yet, but Serperior seems like it would be incredible in this meta. With Pamtre berry giving it Tinted Lens, it's lack of coverage options won't be nearly as much of problem. Dragon Pulse will be completely not needed, so it frees up move slots for stuff like Giga Drain, Glare, SubSeed, and Taunt.
I tried Tinted Lens for a while and didn't see it helping too much. Meanwhile, it makes for a great Magic Bouncer imo, as it allows you to set up while protecting yourself from status and that Prankster Topsy-Turvy Malamar I ran into a couple times.

Confused by the Item Clause. Does that mean we only use a certain Enchanted item once on our team (ex. can't give everything Primordial Sea) or only one Pokemon can have an Enchanted Pokemon in total?

Confused by the Item Clause. Does that mean we only use a certain Enchanted item once on our team (ex. can't give everything Primordial Sea) or only one Pokemon can have an Enchanted Pokemon in total?
The former. Anything else would be very pointless.

Thoughts on stored power? With speed boost+cm on, say, Latias, you can power through many would be checks due to not being able to be revenged with a scarf. Furthermore, baton pass is less limited than than standard so things can easily pass around defensive boosts to mons that don't naturally get them.

I made a seemingly viable Clefable set while working on a sand team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-enchanteditems-7936

I should probably replace Aromatherapy with something else (Toxic), but oh well.

Thoughts on stored power? With speed boost+cm on, say, Latias, you can power through many would be checks due to not being able to be revenged with a scarf. Furthermore, baton pass is less limited than than standard so things can easily pass around defensive boosts to mons that don't naturally get them.
Cosmic Pass Prankster Lopunny onto Speed Boost Latias.
There are a couple replays I posted of this monster on page 8. Edit: thx Spandan

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
The former. Anything else would be very pointless.

swoobat is pretty fun. too bad its so damn frail. speed boost gives +2 and same with CM. so you basically get a makeshift geomancy. that you can use an infinite amount of times, and powers up your main stab.

I made a seemingly viable Clefairy set while working on a sand team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-enchanteditems-7936

I should probably replace Aromatherapy with something else (Toxic), but oh well.

Cosmic Pass Prankster Lopunny onto Speed Boost Latias.
There are a couple replays I posted of this monster on page 8. Edit: thx Spandan
For your clefable set, why are you running moonlight over soft-boiled? The main reason clefable is good in enchanted items is due to its ability to counter manaphy, but with moonlight healing half as much as soft-boiled, while having half the pp. With moonlight, manaphy can just pp stall you and the end result is clefable being forced out and mana is now at +6. Considering you're running magic guard+unaware clef, you can run soft boiled alongside unaware by using magic guard as your ability and unaware as your item. The only reason to run moonlight is for agains desolate land users, but the most popular desolate land user, victini, still crushes clefable.

For your clefable set, why are you running moonlight over soft-boiled?
Derp. Didn't know that Clefable actually got Soft-Boiled, while I knew it got Moonlight, so I went with that.
Unaware is my item, anyway. I figured that it would be better, as it gets around Mold Breaker and stuff.

Also, has anyone considered Prankster Heal Block as a Manaphy counter? It's not a very common move but it will get around literally every stall mon ever.

Derp. Didn't know that Clefable actually got Soft-Boiled, while I knew it got Moonlight, so I went with that.
Unaware is my item, anyway. I figured that it would be better, as it gets around Mold Breaker and stuff.

Also, has anyone considered Prankster Heal Block as a Manaphy counter? It's not a very common move but it will get around literally every stall mon ever.
Even better counter (or maybe check) could be any user of Cloud Nine, destroing all weather based abilities.
What means: no healing status for Manaphy when Cloud Nine is on field.
In turn, when Manaphy go for Rest, prediction with Cloud Nine, set up on Baton Passer, even better with faster (or priority) Encore for blocking oponent from doing anything.

Even better counter (or maybe check) could be any user of Cloud Nine, destroing all weather based abilities.
What means: no healing status for Manaphy when Cloud Nine is on field.
In turn, when Manaphy go for Rest, prediction with Cloud Nine, set up on Baton Passer, even better with faster (or priority) Encore for blocking oponent from doing anything.
True, but there are other stall mons which don't rely on weather. (See my Clefable set.)

Actually, Aroma Veil blocks Heal Block. Not sure what happens if Mold Breaker Heal Block is applied, and Manaphy is unlikely to run Aroma Veil, but Prankster Heal Block isn't necessarily 100% ruinous to stall.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)