Enchanted Items [Now Multibility]

You know, I take back what I said about Aurorus. Its like a Special version of Talonflame, but way bulkier to neutral hits. So here's a mini analysis here.

Aurorus @ Mail (Prankster)
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nature Power
- Calm Mind
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power/Freeze-Dry

Aurorus is one of the few Pokemon that can get -Ate+Prankster+Nature Power in this meta. This combo gives Aurorus Priority on Nature Power (Tri Attack) and Calm Mind. Tri Attack with Refrigerate and Prankster now has the ice typing, a base 104 power, a 20% chance to Burn/Para/Freeze, and of course Priority. Calm Mind is the second most important move in this set as it gives Aurorus more power, which it really needs at times. The 2 other slots are for coverage. I just use Ancient Power for STAB and Earth Power to prevent Aurorus from being walled by Steel types. You can also use Freeze-Dry to beat Water types too. Also be sure to have hazards up to remove Multiscale/Sturdy.

Some Calcs:
+1 252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Tri Attack vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 372-438 (116.6 - 137.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Tri Attack vs. 96 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-T: 506-596 (156.6 - 184.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 154-183 (45.1 - 53.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Refrigerate Aurorus Tri Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Victreebel: 410-486 (136.2 - 161.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Aurorus is surprisingly good.

If I give Aurorus a Rose Incense, it gets Refrigerate and Protean. If it uses Hyper Voice, will Protean change Aurorus into Normal-type (Hyper Voice) before activating Refrigerate (essentially making it non-STAB) or will Refrigerate activate first (turning Hyper Voice into Ice-type) and change Aurorus' type into pure Ice?

:3
I'm guessing pure ice. Here's why.

I tested out Normalize + Refridgerate before, and Normalize worked, then refridgerate, making Outrage a 150+ BP STAB Ice-type move. But essentially, the normal moves look ice type before you even click them, so yeah.

Emboar @ Iron Ball
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 10 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Head Smash
- Scald

Rock Head to protect the recoil damage and Reckless for boosting the power of Head Smash and Flare Blitz
Rock head is outclassed by magic guard

It appears that there is no item assigned to Analytic. Now, I found another item that is assigned to nothing: Water Gem.
EDIT: Started a PR adding Analytic as a held item to EI (Analytic = Water Gem).
Will soon add to to -ei after its merged

Last edited:
Instead of broken, Serene Grace + Gale Wings Togekiss is more like uncompetitive. It has a really high chance to flinch and most mons can't outspeed it because it has priority. Because of this, your entire team can lose to hax alone considering Togekiss can actually boost itself with Nasty Plot. Yeah, I think something needs to be done as it's kinda cancerous right now in ladder.

468.png
468.png
468.png
468.png
468.png
468.png

Suspect 1.1 - Where is your god now?

Togekiss gains the combination of Gale wings + Serence Grace in Enchanted Items, solving the awful speed its stallbreaker usually has. With Gale wings it doesn't need to invest in speed and gains even further bulk. All of its conventional checks can easily be outspeed and flinched to death. It poses a huge threat to stall and offensive alike. So after hearing your cries for mercy, I have decided to suspect Togekiss. The Suspect will end in three days, on the fifth.

How can I vote?

If you reach top 15 on the Enchanted Items ladder, you will be able to vote. You can vote by screenshotting yourself on the ladder, then post on my profile with the link and your decision.

For Togekiss to be banned we would need a 60% majority by day three, or 80% majority Sunday.

Good luck :]

Last edited:
um..if the item is knocked off or stole by thief or some other mon, do you still have 'that' ability which you got due to having that item or that ability will be gone as soon as the item is gone and ultimately you are left with the original ability.
Also, what about skill swap? Will your items be changed [A/c to the mechanics I think it should] or will you get a new ability due to item changed?

How would reckless and rock head work? no recoil and damage boost, or no recoil and no boost?

Edit: Would mummy replace both abilities or just one?

Last edited:
um..if the item is knocked off or stole by thief or some other mon, do you still have 'that' ability which you got due to having that item or that ability will be gone as soon as the item is gone and ultimately you are left with the original ability.
Also, what about skill swap? Will your items be changed [A/c to the mechanics I think it should] or will you get a new ability due to item changed?
Knock Off, Thief, Covet, Trick, Switcheroo, Bug Bite, Incinerate, Natural Gift, Pickpocket, Magician, and anything else I forgot that can swap, steal, or destroy items all fail to do anything to items that give abilities. Moves and abilities such as skill swap that have to do with abilities only apply to primary abilities, and not those given by items.

Item (if I remember corectly) are unremovable by any move and abilities.
Knock Off will deal normal damage (not boosted by x1.5) and item will stay on pokemon.

How would reckless and rock head work? no recoil and damage boost, or no recoil and no boost?
You have no recoil and you gain damage boost... But I have question:
Why you use Reckles and Rock Head?
If you have natural Reckles - Why Rock Head? Or if natural Rock Head - Why Reckles?
Reckles is outclased by Tough Claws, because all moves with Recoil also makes contact with oponent, and Tough Claws give better boost.
While Rock Head is outclased by Magic Guard, what give immunity from undirect damage (hazards, status, Spicky Shield, Iron Bars, Rough Skin, Rocky Helmet, ALSO recoil and crash damage).
If you didn't use natural ability, just ignore them, and use Tough Claws or Magic Guard.
Only other reason why you could use these abilities could be ability clause, but if you didn't need immunity from your recoil damage for more than 2 pokemons, or you didn't have two pokemons with Magic Guard/Tough Claws, use them.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
While it is not on the current enchanted list, and I imagine the current held ability bans will hold firm for some time, if you were to assign something to the Big Root, what would be the most likely choice?

I think this Dragonite set absolutely thrives in the current metagame:

Dragonite @ Air Balloon (Aerilate)
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Protect

There are very few things that can revenge kill Dragonite at +1. Protect means you can bypass any sort of Fake Out, but is obviously used almost exclusively for Weavile, which you kill 100% after a boost. Since no one expects it you essentially get a free kill after your opponent brings in Weavile, since he either has to sack his Weavile or switch out.

The lack of coverage really does not hurt me much, I barely even used EarthQuake when I had it since Heatran, Magnezone, Excadrill and so forth often had Levitate.

I suppose Dragon Claw over Frustration is an option to hit Rotom-W, Zapdos and Tyranitar for neutral damage. In general though I consider Superpower to be the best coverage for Dragonite in this meta. Since Superpower stops your own sweep, I just opted for dual flying coverage.

I think this Dragonite set absolutely thrives in the current metagame:

Dragonite @ Air Balloon (Aerilate)
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Protect

There are very few things that can revenge kill Dragonite at +1. Protect means you can bypass any sort of Fake Out, but is obviously used almost exclusively for Weavile, which you kill 100% after a boost. Since no one expects it you essentially get a free kill after your opponent brings in Weavile, since he either has to sack his Weavile or switch out.

The lack of coverage really does not hurt me much, I barely even used EarthQuake when I had it since Heatran, Magnezone, Excadrill and so forth often had Levitate.

I suppose Dragon Claw over Frustration is an option to hit Rotom-W, Zapdos and Tyranitar for neutral damage. In general though I consider Superpower to be the best coverage for Dragonite in this meta. Since Superpower stops your own sweep, I just opted for dual flying coverage.
Running E Speed and Frustration at the same wont help you out against any Pokemon with Steel or Rock typing. Also you could just run Inner Focus instead of Multiscale and slash Protect :P

Running E Speed and Frustration at the same wont help you out against any Pokemon with Steel or Rock typing. Also you could just run Inner Focus instead of Multiscale and slash Protect :P
The point of protect is to avoid the damage from fridge fake out, which out prioritizes drag's espeed. Inner focus means drag wont flinch, but itll still take damage. This could easily be the difference between a successful and a failed revenge killing. Plus, multiscale can be very helpful if you can keep SR off your side of the field; it helps beat other drags and provides extra setup opportunities.

Aerilate Dragonite shines as a cleaner, not as a wallbreaker. Some calcs against staples of the metagame:

Sand Rush / Offensive Tyranitar:

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Frustration vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 168-198 (49.2 - 58%) -- 97.7% chance to 2HKO

Sand Stream Excadrill:

+1 252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 215-253 (59.5 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Another really strong thing about Protect Dragonite is that Extreme Speed can OHKO Weavile even without a boost:

252+ Atk Aerilate Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Weavile: 270-318 (96 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

Feel free to run Dragon Claw / EarthQuake / Fire Punch or even Brick Break though. The point is just for hyper offense teams to surprise kill weavile.

It also really helps with scouting Prankster Thunder Wave / Will-O-Wisp :)

This meta's loads of fun. I'd like to share a set I've been screwing around with:

Chandelure @ Adamant Orb (No Guard)
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Inferno
- Hex
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

With No Guard, Inferno always hits and always burns, which boosts the power of Hex to 130. Sets up fairly easily and takes advantage of Chansey/Blissey, some grasses, firespam, fairies, etc. And another:

Heliolisk @ Thick Club (Primordial Sea)
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Thunder
- Toxic

Doesn't lose health if alternating between Sub and Protect because of Dry skin. Slowly whittles down basically anything not named Excadrill. You could probably use the same set on something like Toxicroak but I like Helio's increased speed and no-miss Thunder.

Last edited:
Q&A:

Q: How do moves that affect your abilities work?

A: All items are sticked, unable to be removed in any way!​
this is a bit misleading, since items that still retain their effect can be removed. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/enchanteditems-394489514 as a biased stall player who relies on eviolite, i would prefer if all items were stickied t b h

Q: Do abilities stack?

A: No. For example; Regenerator + Regenerator only restores 33%, not 67%.
i think it also should be noted that you can not use double abilities. this is "relevant" when your main ability gets changed. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/enchanteditems-394485850 its very niche, and rarely actually relevant in battle, but it should still be mentioned imo
what would happen if you had normalize and Pixilate for example on the same mon? would all moves be fairy type, or normal type?
The following is a quote from Marty from the Custom Power thread:
here's the general flow of how type changes work while a move starts being executed:
  • listed move type
  • moves that call other moves use the new move instead
  • Normalize changes the move to Normal
  • moves now change type (Hidden Power/Judgment/Natural Gift/Techno Blast/Weather Ball + any affected move in this metagame)
  • if the move is unchanged and still Normal (i.e. not Natural Gift with Chilan Berry), Aerilate/Pixilate/Refrigerate change it to Flying/Fairy/Ice
  • if the move is Normal, Ion Deluge changes to Electric
  • Electrify changes the move to Electric
  • Protean activates
  • Gems activate if the Gem matches the move type

i tested it and all moves became fairy type: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/enchanteditems-394477612

this made me curious about double -ate's so i decided to test it, and it appears to be a 50/50 between which -ate is used. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/enchanteditems-394470692 (sylveon is aerilate+pixilate). hopefully someone can confirm this

Hi friends, here's a team that's hot off the presses. It's a simple stall team that combats many of the current and undeveloped threats in the meta. The Pokemon here are commonly used in stall teams, but EI gives them some new toys and advantages. This team has helped me get to #1, and while that's no accomplishment at the moment, it still says something about its viability.

Team:

Treble Clef (Clefable) @ Qualot Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

iPhone 6S (Manaphy) @ Thick Club
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest

Trade vs Mana (Infernape) @ Grip Claw
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 124 SpD / 48 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Toxic
- Slack Off
- Taunt
- Low Kick

Wrong Meta (Skarmory) @ Maranga Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance

Venusaur (Amoonguss) @ Old Amber
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Foul Play

Take A Chansey (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Def / 248 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock
- Heal Bell

Set Details:
Clefable (Unaware) - Clefable always had the problem of choosing between two godly abilities. The meta makes it so that it is no longer an issue. Magic Guard + Unaware is an amazing combo that allows it to beat most boosting mons that rely on chip damage to weaken their counters. Clefable becomes a reliable status absorber for the team, as well. The combination of these abilities + CM allows Clefable to act as a win condition for the team.

Manaphy (Primordial Sea) - Ban this mon. Why are we suspecting Togekiss, when Manaphy is probably the biggest threat in the meta thus far. Primordial Sea + Hydration: should I say more? Calm Mind is much more threatening that Tail Glow, since nothing is really going to threaten Manaphy on the get go. Ice Beam punishes the common flying types, and there's really nothing more to add.

Infernape (Desolate Land) - This is the essential glue to my team. Infernape beats a lot of other threats, along with the quintessential Rock and Steel Pokemon that tend to destroy stall. Weavile and many Dark types that can click Swords Dance have the ability to murder my team, and Infernape essentially counters them. The real reason this is on the team, is to quell certain water types [Mold Breaker Manaphy without Psychic—please ban].

Skarmory (Gale Wings) - The set straight out of AAA, Skarmory is the main defogger of the team, and it does a really good job at doing so. I opted for the defensive EV spread, to allow it to act as a defensive counter to certain mons that Infernape can't handle. Swords Dance + Gale Wings give my team offensive presence, and allows for another win condition, once its counters and checks are weakened.

Amoonguss (Thick Fat) - Who needs Mega Venusaur anyway? Amoonguss is essentially a better choice in this meta, with its access to a more accurate sleep move, and Regenerator. Foul Play catches Offensive Fire types on the switch, while Clear Smog in tandem with Thick Fat, allows Amoonguss to beat set-up sweepers [particularly Manaphy].

Chansey (N/A) - Let's be honest, Chansey is a staple on all stall teams. The question is, why Eviolite? It's pretty simple actually, Chansey doesn't need another ability, it needs the bulk. EI gives an incredible gift to the stall goddess: The decreased viability and lack of utility from Knock Off. The set is pretty standard, and it doesn't need any explanation, to be honest.

Proof of Peak:

This team does have some weaknesses, but it's a stall archetype, so it's to be expected. Have fun (if you can have fun with stall lol), keep the nicknames if you plan to use it on the ladder or what not.

Edit: Fixed all problems, the team works fine now.

Last edited:
Treble Clef (Clefable) @ Snowball
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave
just wanted to point out that this set is a bit messed up, it should have Magic Guard as the ability and Qualot Berry as the item because Unaware is normally incompatible with Soft-Boiled. otherwise, great team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)