End of year awards/recap?

hello

is there any interest in doing a recap for the year or some sort of rewards for best game/moment/etc? i liked von's review for 2016, but i think having to cover every game made getting it completed take too long. maybe someone/me can do an article in a similar vein but only about a couple highlight games for the year? likewise, we could expand that to highlight best plays/players/if that was something people wanted to do?

here are the games I think are worth highlighting:

Pathfinder Big Viva
Wayne Bradierest
Popcorn NOC
Paper Mario TTYD
GUZMAfia
Matrix 12 NOC
Draft Mafia
C9++ NOC

games im not sure are worth highlighting and probably won't unless someone has an argument for them
Dead Mafia II (mainly because it's still happening(
WW1 Mafia
The Thing
Tokyo ESP
OC NOC

That's probably what I'm going to go with unless anyone has any further comments on games to include or not. I also forgot some of the earlier games this year/didn't play in every game so if anyone is interested in helping me write some of these up lmk

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
From a player's perspective oc noc is a highlight game for me, there were so many twists and turns to the game that the whole process of solving and figuring out the neutrals and the general craziness of haruno was hugely memorable

From a player's perspective oc noc is a highlight game for me, there were so many twists and turns to the game that the whole process of solving and figuring out the neutrals and the general craziness of haruno was hugely memorable
Not to mention the game came down to a mafia failing at a stealth lynch

I thought WW1 was a good game just for how close it was, but there's also plenty of other mafia wins in NOCs already :/

I'm leaning towards including Tokyo ESP just because it's a more recent game and I reckon it would be a good idea to include some games towards the end of the year.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
i dont really think ESP was that notable, if anything, it can teach people not to put a cipher with such an easily guessable key in the thread

Not to mention the game came down to a mafia failing at a stealth lynch
would either of u guys be willing to help me out / point to the areas worth mentioning for OC NOC

i dont really think ESP was that notable, if anything, it can teach people not to put a cipher with such an easily guessable key in the thread
thats fair, i thought moodys role was really interesting and felt it was one of the better games of the year, although it didnt really help it ended up being not so close/was plagued by mass subs.

that would be nice, with 101 pages i might miss something

also pokemon reborn wasn't on the games listing but that might be an interesting one to include? (neither was meta circus but iirc that one wasn't super notable??)

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
WW1 Mafia wasn’t anything memorable to me iirc, and I can’t really remember much from ESP either, so I personally wouldn’t include. I do remember nomination mafia fondly, but that’s probably just because I hammered myself on accident in that game and I’m still humored by that fact

Or "best of" things like

Best carry: Popcorn mafia - yeti
yeah i wouldn't be opposed to something like that but it would be a little more difficult because the categories/results would become a lot more subjective. not sure i wanna be the one making those calls lol. something to think about though

WW1 Mafia wasn’t anything memorable to me iirc, and I can’t really remember much from ESP either, so I personally wouldn’t include. I do remember nomination mafia fondly, but that’s probably just because I hammered myself on accident in that game and I’m still humored by that fact
thats fair.

nomination would've been a great game if not for the no result ending due to host messing up lol. thats why i was wary about including it

Martin

A monoid in the category of endofunctors
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If this is a general circus thing rather than just a mafia thing then you should 100% bring up walruses ‘cuz that’s been a kinda big thing. Either way though I agree w/ OCNOC probably being worth noting; very interesting concept which got hilariously out of hand for probably no good reason haha

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If this is a general circus thing rather than just mafia, then survive her. If this is just a mafia thing then consider making a "best of" blah blah for non-mafia as well or finding someone else who is willing to. Agree with Martin that not somehow mentioning the big walrus would be sad.

I originally wanted to make it mafia only but I don't see the harm in adding a general section for Walrus + Survivor.

OCNOC was a massive flop/mediocre success, depending on who you ask (I will never put a reviver in a Mafia game ever again, and having an idling SK sucks for balance)

The Thing was a very interesting game with an interesting concept, so imo it should be mentioned, at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)