BW OU Enter the Dragon

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Latias: A massive problem, in the same vein as Hydreigon but substantially weaker. Calm mind versions are a huge bitch if Chomp gone, because it has no problem setting up on Magnezone. I'm pretty much required to keep chomp when dealing with Latias or I lose. I can somewhat check it with a combination of Chomp and Mamoswine but even thats not enough and its part of the reason why I sometimes hate running HP fire on Latios.
Yep, unless your Politoed is a fucking cheat and crits or freezes opposing Latias's, you are in for a tough time. Sub/CM would pretty much guarantee that something on your team dies. Not too much you can do without completely changing your team, but I would suggest one simple little change to improve your situation slightly - Change Dragon Claw to Dual Chop on Garchomp. With this, you can revenge Latias with Garchomp Sub or no (at least put it to the position where it won't sweep any more).

This one is a pretty good team, I faced it a lot this last days, it can be a bit weak to CM Lati@s in combo with Ferrothorn (I mean Magnezone is easy to predict with a double switch, or Lati@s can come and setup after Ferrothorn gets rid of Garchomp and Magnezone traps him) and you would probably have trouble with taking some stabbed Earthquakes, like for example Landorus' one under Sandstorm, in generally if you lose Politoed too fast against a good Sandstorm team, you're more or less in deep shit.

But well, not much too add, really good team

Faced this team 2-3 times. I've checked it with my mew, that's really a problem if the kitty is on a sand team with a Ttar that can pursuit/crunch your latios.
Then i see a huge weakeness to entry hazard (toxic spikes first). Maybe a spinner can be usefull. Donphan can be a substitute to mamoswine offering more support in exchange of the lack of iceSTAB.

I love this team, although I have one small suggestion: Would you consider running magic coat on Magnezone? It seems odd, I know, but it allows you to get some hazards up on Ferrothorn and discourages him from setting up whilst you kill him. I know your team doesn't mind hazards so much, but I'm sure they would appreciate them.

While I can see why you might want flash cannon (STAB..), it's really not that useful due to steel's poor attacking typing, especially on a magnezone, who really can't use steel STAB like scizor, metagross, and ferrothorn (on occasion) can use it. Instead, I'd recommend one of three changes:

1. Charge Beam- I guess it helps you out with setting up when you've trapped a choice banded scizor.
2. Mirror Coat- Strange? Sure. The feeling of laughing at a ferrothorn who gets sets up on because your opponent couldn't click anything else? Great.
3. Magnet rise- Unfortunately, modest nature magnezone usually means you're losing to the steel who would use earthquake (metagross), but if you can use magnet rise on a scizor, I guess it wouldn't hurt.... I'd recommend mirror coat out of these three, however.

And peaking of metagross, while garchomp can somewhat stop it, metagross with agility is a bit of a problem because STAB meteor mash gets a super effective hit on mamoswine (especially if it gets an attack raise, then shit's going down), and it will definitely leave a sting on haxorus, latios, and garchomp, and magnezone can't trap it effectively considering agiligross carries earthquake and will outspeed magnezone before you can ko it. Your only way of handling it is through politoed, and even then, considering you only see metagross on non-weather teams nowadays, you're hurting magnezone because hp fire is less effective. And even then, if metagross is packing thunderpunch.... uh oh.

Luckily for you, Metagross isn't seen as often these days, but this is something to keep in mind.

Anyways, great team you have here, and congrats on your success with it!

Bruce Lee reference makes this team AUTOMATICALLY better and gives it reqs in all of 2 seconds.

Late but seriously, this team is amazing.

THREATS

Latios - You already mentioned this before, but LO is a massive pain for your team, guaranteeing a KO on anything on your team, and if that something is important enough the rest of your team can fall like dominoes.
Deoxys-S - Outspeeds and KOs most of your team besides Politoed, and if its played right it can actually sweep pretty easily.

Thankfully, both of these threats have a singular solution:

Bronzong@ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave
-HP Ice
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake
-Stealth Rock

Bronzong really acts as a great glue to this team while at the same time its not exactly setup fodder thanks to Gyro Ball. It can eat up repeated Draco Meteors, taking around 45% from Specs Draco Meteor, and HP Fire isn't much of a worry if Politoed has been sent out. Speaking of which, if Toed does go down Bronzong serves as a great secondary check to Excadrill who can be a massive pain to take down otherwise it it has a boost from Sand Rush. Deoxys S is also taken fairly easily by Bronzong, who can work with some predicted switches like Latios. Bronzong also provides SR support, turning some sexy 2hkos into Gisele Bundchen-sexy OHKOs. Since your team is pretty strong as it is, I can't really say where to put it, but I would personally consider replacing Haxorus or Latios here, just because they serve about the same function if Latios is running Specs.

Yeah those are my two cents. Great team from some great guys!

EDIT: SmashPass also seems to be a massive pain to this team, as its the only strategy I've been 5-0'd with using this team (with zong over Toed).

I played against this team (against PK gaming) and it was sort of an easy experience for my baton pass team.

All I can suggest is adding some Haze/ Perish Song user, but it would ruin the theme of this team.

I played against this team (against PK gaming) and it was sort of an easy experience for my baton pass team.

All I can suggest is adding some Haze/ Perish Song user, but it would ruin the theme of this team.
Politoad has Perish Song.

I'd really suggest using magic coat on magnezone. When Cocky ferrothorn users try to spike up on your sub, you can laugh at them when they get nothing but spikes in return. This could be potentially game changing as well; Haxorus and garchomp get some ko's that they normally wouldn't (haxorus outrage gets the ko with 3 layers of spikes on excadrill, for example).

Anyways, a couple problems are baton pass teams if you don't have politoed running perish song, but even then, if your opponent has the right baton pass pokemon out/the recipient pokemon out, there's a problem for you.

Also, Latios isn't quite as big of a problem (it'll take one thing down with it however) because most opponents expect a swords dancer garchomp or stay in on mamoswine when they're at low enough health for a ko from ice shard. Note that opposing mamoswines and weaviles can be an issue here as well (if hydro pump from politoed misses on the latter and if politoed is down for the former), just to keep in mind.

sun teams with cresselia gives this team a lot of problems. Seems trick would be the superior option on latias to have more inssurance against it.

i've tested a few variations of this team, every one with salamence. it works so well with mag, and can use roost over fire blast.
i've used this combined with smashpass. so many quits after a pass to an all-out attacker haxorus with muscle band (bluffs when u don't get the pass), and spams an outrage. gets KOs so easy.
i've also tried this with conkeldurr over politoed, checks same things anyway.

Ok so I faced this team a lot of times. I found it very annoying to face considering if you don't handle predictions well you can easily lose. its pretty good for a team without a core although one could help.
Its gotten a lot of people to reqs however so I can't dog on it regardless of how many times I have done well against it. It was very good for a limited use kinda deal if you know what I mean. Different variants of it are still pretty effective so if you like it I would suggest testing other offensive pokemon. For example Choice band dragonite or even using kyurem. Switching things around really help with the team as a whole imo. As far as the offensive strategy its solid. I think you could continue to use different variants of the team good job.

PS: Sry for the first "rate" I didn't mean to offend and I really shouldn't have bragged.

Just a note: Mienshao sortakinda fucks this team over. Practically impossible to kill, hits *insert dragon here* hard with fake out, then hits hard with fighting move/u-turn. Just something to note. It's being used more often.

Well PK you've got yourself a nice team here. :) I'll actually try to give you a good rate. Right now, the only problems I can see are the latis and starmie. Starmie can't come in on anything but when it does, your going to lose something. Have you considered a ferrothorn? I know this is meant to be an offensive team, but when you consider the benefits of adding one (spikes, paralysis, a nice transition, etc.) it seems like it could fit in. Then again, the question of who to replace comes along. Latios seems like the most logical considering it hits (primarily) on the opposite side of the spectrum your other dragons hit on. However, your going to lose a lot more fire power. For this reason you can make Ferrothorn more offensive since it pretty much hard counters most of your threats. You could even use specially defensive Scizor. However, this team has already been improved so much it's really difficult to improve it further without opening up new weaknesses. :)

Unfortunately, Garchomp was banned today. Thankfully, your team is around CB Haxorus not chomp, so CS Flygon works. I'm seeing this all over the site, so I think it is legitimately banned.
-The Tyranitar

Unfortunately, Garchomp was banned today. Thankfully, your team is around CB Haxorus not chomp, so CS Flygon works. I'm seeing this all over the site, so I think it is legitimately banned.
-The Tyranitar

Choice Scarf Flygon would not work at all. Flygon hits like a stick. Landorus could work in Garchomp's spot, but I bet there's something better that could go there.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
scarf landorus is the best replacement for scarf chomp imo. stronger stab eq in sand, u-turn, and hammer arm for nattorei and ballon mons. other than that, scarf terrakion could be nice

y use magnezone if u don't use 3 dragons? isn't that the point of this team, abusing 3drag1mag1mamo? maybe u could go with roostddmence, he's a fucking beast with magnezone support. trust me, i use it

I know it's late but maybe a good replacement would be a mence? Maybe a scarf mence with the same set as Garchomp would do nicely? Even though chomp isn't banned (not to my knowledge. I'm in fact clueless about what people are talking about him being banned, I'm using him now in fact, but regardless) Mence has nice immunity to EQ so you can switch in for a revenge kill rather easily.

Also, I have no idea what to make of Magnezone, I mean in rain, he's pretty unreliable of KOing steels in general in the rain since HP fire is weak as it is and its power is halved, so maybe HP ground? It might come in handy with dealing with Terrakion who can come in on the switch or a more reliable tool to kill Ferro? Not too sure, just an idea. =)

Magnezone doesn't need to kill anything outright. Infact it can just sit there and fire off hits for multiple turns if you wish, until it dies. The steel dies, there PK proceeds to sweep whole teams, well that the idea atleast.

And I can attest that this team is good. I used ScarfMence instead of Chomp and caused two rage quits and got two wins. I use Dragon Claw instead of Outrage since I don't want to deal with confusion if I can't switch out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)