Espeon (Analysis)

_Mew2King_

Banned deucer.
why not use a baton pass espeon?
252HP/252Spe/4SpD - timid
or 252HP/252Def/4SpD - bold (if used in a baton pass team with speed boost ninjask and iron defense support)
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Baton Pass
- Psyshock/Psychic/Stored Power

I use this set
Hp: 252 Def:228 SpD:28
Yawn
Protect
Morning Sun
Psyshock

yawn always forces hazard leads out so you can either hit the switch in or heal, or protect if they can hurt espeon

I know I'm probably not the first to say this, but Stored Power is a move basically tailor-made for the new Espeon. In a Baton Pass team it will OHKO everything in the game that's not Dark-type, and outside of one it still synergizes amazingly with Magic Bounce and Calm Mind. The only problem is that it's kind of an all or nothing move, since Espeon's general frailty, especially physically, gives a pretty big weak point to hit during Espeon's all too obvious set-up, but it and psyshock are the only notable moves that Espeon gets anyway and Espeon has some obvious advantages over the few other users of this poorly distributed move, including Baton Pass, great initial Speed and Special Attack, and immunity to most phazing (all forms if he has sub). I guess the big advantage Sigilyph has over Espeon is he can used Cosmic Power to prolong his set-up and get more boosts but outside of their psychic typing and use of Stored Power the two couldn't be anymore different. Though now that I see Clefable gets Stored Power I kinda wanna try out some crazy novelty sets, on a totally unrelated note.

Edit: Oh whoa and five years later somehow I've "wasted" my 100th post here. Makes me almost nostalgic for when i was young with too much time on my hands on Pokemon forums and I'd do 100 posts in a day. Well, keep on giving me this relevant irrelevant info smogon, I am less than three of you guys.

<p>Espeon can forgo Magic Bounce in order to use some of her nifty egg moves, such as Wish and Baton Pass. However, the main reason to use Espeon on a team is to abuse Magic Bounce to gain free entry hazards and keep your side of the field clear of them, and without it Espeon is simply an outclassed special attacker.</p>

DW Eevee is out now...so this paragraph can be cut?

I normally use a set that includes both screens and a recovery move (morning sun) and Psyshock. It works well with 252 HP 252 Speed 4 Sp Attack, if you have the right team partners. Magical Bounce really helped Espeon this gen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)