LC Espurr

[OVERVIEW]
Espurr brings solid Speed and Special Attack stats with it, along with a wide variety of coverage moves. Weak to priority moves such as Sucker Punch and sporting low bulk, Espurr's frailty prevents it from reliably dealing damage. Abra is not only faster, but it also carries a better Special Attack stat, making it the more desirable special wallbreaker and damage dealer.

[SET]
name: Electrium Z
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Psychic
move 3: Substitute
move 4: Hidden Power [Fire]
item: Electrium Z
ability: Infiltrator
nature: Timid
EVs: 20 HP / 4 Def / 176 SpA / 36 SpD / 216 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Espurr should look to come in and use Gigavolt Havoc to deliver damage against common Psychic-type switch-ins. However, Espurr lacks the power to serve as a solid special attacker; Abra brings more damage to the table with a better Speed, and can even use this exact set to greater success.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[AFatMudkip, 449632]]
- Quality checked by: [[Fiend, 208173], [Merritt, 213064]]
- Grammar checked by: [[frostration, 447027]]

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've been running through all of what espurr could do with Z moves, and really +Speed tends to make it a worse Abra. Gigavolt Havoc is a more viable set than anything else I can see, which makes it compete with Solosis. I think this is the way to go, as Scarf is worse than Scarf Abra outside of killing Gastly behind a sub. I'm not too certain on what to run as the 4th move however, I think this set is the way forward. I'll qc after you rewrite for this.

[SET]

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[Overview]
Not too fond of calling Abra a sweeper instead of merely an attack or wall breaker or anything else.
This sentence reads poorly to me: "Weak to priority moves such as Sucker Punch, Espurr's low bulk means that it can't take a hit. " Expand on this just a little.

[Set Details]
I would say you "use" the Z crustal instead of it simply being gone. It's semantics, I know.

QC: 1/2

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
[OVERVIEW]
This is too long, three sentences at most. Espurr's surface appeal is decent speed and special attack with a decent movepool. However, it lacks enough special attack to be a particularly threatening wallbreaker and has relatively low bulk. Espurr's biggest issue is lack of reason to use it over the faster and stronger Abra.

[SET]
fine

[SET COMMENTS]
This first sentence is not good because it reads as if this is supposed to be a lure set. Rephrase to make it clear that Espurr is using its moves (including Gigavolt Havoc) to hit common switchins to psychics. Second sentence should focus more on the fact that Abra is just a better choice over 99% of the time - you can even mention that Abra can pull off this exact set but better if you'd like.

[CREDITS]
good

2/2

frostration

i probably have a headache
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
add remove comments
[OVERVIEW]
Espurr brings a solid speed Speed and special attack Special Attack stats [always capitalize stats] with it, along with a wide variety of coverage moves. Weak to priority moves such as Sucker Punch and sporting low bulk, Espurr's frailty prevents it from reliably dealing damage. Abra is not only faster, but it also carries a better special attack Special Attack stat, making it the more desirable special wallbreaker and damage dealer.

[SET]
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Espurr should look to come in and use Gigavolt Havoc to deliver damage against common Psychic-type switch-ins. However, Espurr lacks the power to serve as a solid special attacker; Abra brings more damage to the table with a better speed Speed [RC] and can even use this exact set to greater success.
GP 1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)