Serious EUROPE MEETUP (EMU)

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i'd probably only be on it if there were lots of ukers i could travel with

but if we got enough of us we might as well stay and smocon in the uk so idk yet

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'lll be there if there's lots of people
dayum

mekkah came to see me in amsterdam and it was just me!

PS: VGC National events if you want to centre it around an event (and because lots of people will be there on those dates anyway):

1. Milan, Italy (May 11 – 12th, 2013)
  2. Bochum, Germany (May 26th, 2013)
  3. Birmingham, UK (June 2nd, 2013)
also amsterdam is the best

The earlier there's a date set, the more likely I will be able to get some time off work and hopefully attend!

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Ah man, I had to bail out of my euro trip that I'd planned, which sucks cause this sounds like so much fun :-(

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It's events like that make me wish that I had applied for a passport earlier :(

Hell, if it's at VGC Birmingham, then I might have to re-arrange plans.

early july sounds excellent to me. also i think staying at a hostel would probably be the best choice? mind do you know of any good ones?

Second week of july will be hard for me as i'm going to Rock Werchter the wednesday (big music festival in belgium). One week earlier or a week later would be ideal though!

I will be present, probably. I have nothing planned for the beginning of July, so yeah, Amsterdam isn't that far away for me :3

Some questions;

How long will the meetup take? Multiple days, one day, ...? Because if it's one day only, it'll be way cheaper for me to just go by car and go back the same night.

Is there a, I don't know, schedule of some kind? Because if we meet up, and we don't know what to do, it'll be just like "hey, hey. What's up?" and that'll be it. Just some thoughts ~

smoothe german boy bumping this

ok so we had a bunch of people who expressed interest, and mind an i are back to discussing this meetup.

im going to tentatively say sometime between the last week of june and the first week of july? summer time, people have more free time, it's bikini weather, etc

i think it goes without saying that this will have to be on a weekend. preferably meet up on a saturday, go exploring with mind as our tourguide, mabye enjoy the dutch nightlife in the evening. we can book a youth hostel to sleep in (i thought about camping but i don't really want to bring camping equipment especially if its only for one night). then on sunday morning we can groggily wake up, have brekkie in the hostel, and slowly make our way back home.

i think itd be great if we organized ourselves properly, preferably to travel to amsterdam in groups. the germans can all eventually get a train there, the brits can organize themselves and get a ferry, or train as well, whatever's more convenient i guess. people from benelux can carpool/train again.

if we make our reservations early we can definetly get good discounts for travel expenses. but i'd really like you lot to actually confirm if you're coming or not. if you want to add me or mind on facebook/skype/google+ beforehand, tell us privately and we'll add you.

guys this has the potential to be really really fun, but we've got to organize it properly.

I wish i could meet you guys, especially since i never had the chance to meet a competitive pokemon player like me ,but i am going to have vacation in Greece this summer i wish my place was big enough to fit you all, i did invited some european guys i met in PO however and some of them will actually come.

btw since you make a european meetup why don't you make it in Bruxelles ? the capitol of eu i mean i 've been in Bruxelles a few times its such a nice place to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)