Event Discussion

That is interesting.

I am giving this the benefit of doubt on the basis that DP remakes are both
- Remakes, thus there isnt exactly a whole lot to reveal (see Let's Go)
- Not actually made by GF.
Well the thing with remakes is both Let's Go & ORAS had relatively standard news cycles. Even if they didn't have much to show it'd make sense to show off the stuff again to the new audience since it's been 15 years and also get nostalgic people talking.

That said it wouldn't surprise me if this was them prioritizing the game they're making, which is...kinda shitty, ngl.

Well the thing with remakes is both Let's Go & ORAS had relatively standard news cycles. Even if they didn't have much to show it'd make sense to show off the stuff again to the new audience since it's been 15 years and also get nostalgic people talking.

That said it wouldn't surprise me if this was them prioritizing the game they're making, which is...kinda shitty, ngl.
It seems to me that the Pokémon announcements are now just more in line with how Nintendo does announcements for their other games. Metroid Dread comes out in two months and there has not been much shown of the game besides it's E3 announcement (besides a ~30 second clip on twitter). The general format seems to have the announcement trailer, and then show nothing until the game is closer to release. Sure, it's different than the previous constant stream of information for months in the past, but it seems similar to everything else Nintendo does nowadays.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It seems to me that the Pokémon announcements are now just more in line with how Nintendo does announcements for their other games. Metroid Dread comes out in two months and there has not been much shown of the game besides it's E3 announcement (besides a ~30 second clip on twitter). The general format seems to have the announcement trailer, and then show nothing until the game is closer to release. Sure, it's different than the previous constant stream of information for months in the past, but it seems similar to everything else Nintendo does nowadays.
I honestly prefer it this way tbh, at this point I like to keep myself as dark as possible apart from reveal trailer(s) going into new games. I can see how it would be frustrating for people who are on the fence about purchasing or just like to know as much as possible before release to be hyped.

I’m unsure if I’ll watch the Direct but considering we have lockdown and I’m not working… I doubt I’ll be able to resist.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Serebii said:
A code was given during of the Korean Pokémon Trainers Cup 2021 competition stream. This code allows for all players to receive a Porygon-Z based on the one used by Jeong Sang-yoon, the winner of last year's tournament. The code is 1STPTCCHAMP
This Porygon-Z is Level 50, holds a Silk Scarf, has the Adaptability ability, Timid nature, and has the moves Hyper Beam, Thunderbolt, Dark Pulse and Nasty Plot.

Huh, guess I could have waited to transfer my shiny celebi from Pokemon Go. :P

I had to get Zarude from the Irish code giveaway or something last time, echoing hopes this newsletter rollout isn't another bust. Dunno why gmail seems to hate the Pokemon newsletters.

Alright it seems like I already have an account and am already signed up for the Newsletter...I need to make sure it's not going to spam

Alternatively I can just create an email for only this newsletter so I cant possibly miss it

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Ok, so I got the cool epic gamer pokemon account, alongside the newsletter info. Now what? Just wait until September 25th for a chance for that sweet sweet monkey sweater alongside the magenta onion?

Ok, so I got the cool epic gamer pokemon account, alongside the newsletter info. Now what? Just wait until September 25th for a chance for that sweet sweet monkey sweater alongside the magenta onion?
The newsletter will be sent out starting October 7th

In theory this isn't a "chance" at all. If it's enabled, you should get it.

unfortunately it's a known error for years that sometimes you just...don't get it. At all.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
The newsletter will be sent out starting October 7th

In theory this isn't a "chance" at all. If it's enabled, you should get it.

unfortunately it's a known error for years that sometimes you just...don't get it. At all.
If that does happen you could try sending in a Ticket explaining you never got the Newsletter.

Forgot what Pokemon it was for, but this happened to me once. They said they sent me the code and can't generate a new one. I then asked if they could send the code they then had generated for me again, since I hadn't received it than it's obviously still active. Whether they did indeed find my code or were lying and able to generate a new one, they sent me a code.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
I didn't subscribe to the news letter for the last Zarude, but for a Shiny Celebi too? Okay, I'm signing up. I subscribed to a blog, but I'm checking the FAQ to make sure it's the right thing.
How do I sign up for the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter or confirm that I have signed up? said:
To receive the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter, you need a Pokémon Trainer Club account. When going through the sign-up process, be sure to check the box “I would like to receive marketing email messages from The Pokémon Company International.

To confirm that you are signed up for the newsletter:

1. Log in to your Pokémon Trainer Club account.
  2. From the Edit Profile page, scroll down to the Marketing Preference section.
  3. Confirm that the “I would like to receive marketing communications, including email messages with the latest news, offers, promotions, events, and games, and other ways to receive marketing communications from The Pokémon Company International.” box is checked.
Uh... I didn't check the box when making the account. Why would I have? Is that unchangable? Maybe I can try doing the rest of the steps anyway. Step 1, going to the profile is easy. Step 2, okay. I'm editing my settings and... The only thing is a discription. It only shows the profile message that you can edit. No other settings... Good sign... -_-

I should wait until I don't get the event to complain, but is R_N is understating how much the news letter sucks?

If that does happen you could try sending in a Ticket explaining you never got the Newsletter.

Forgot what Pokemon it was for, but this happened to me once. They said they sent me the code and can't generate a new one. I then asked if they could send the code they then had generated for me again, since I hadn't received it than it's obviously still active. Whether they did indeed find my code or were lying and able to generate a new one, they sent me a code.
I did send in a ticket and was told there was nothing to do just do all the things I already did and if not *giant shrug*

I didn't subscribe to the news letter for the last Zarude, but for a Shiny Celebi too? Okay, I'm signing up. I subscribed to a blog, but I'm checking the FAQ to make sure it's the right thing.
Uh... I didn't check the box when making the account. Why would I have? Is that unchangable? Maybe I can try doing the rest of the steps anyway. Step 1, going to the profile is easy. Step 2, okay. I'm editing my settings and... The only thing is a discription. It only shows the profile message that you can edit. No other settings... Good sign... -_-

I should wait until I don't get the event to complain, but is R_N is understating how much the news letter sucks?
You're not looking at the right spot, then. The "Profile Overview" should have the following:
-Basic Information. This has your Country/Region, Date of Birth, username and email
-Social Settings. This has your real name and screen name (do not ask me we have both a username and a screen name just go with it)
-Address
-Marketing Preference. This is what you want, it will be a big checkbox with its own dedicated Save button
-Data Security Options

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
You're not looking at the right spot, then. The "Profile Overview" should have the following:
-Basic Information. This has your Country/Region, Date of Birth, username and email
-Social Settings. This has your real name and screen name (do not ask me we have both a username and a screen name just go with it)
-Address
-Marketing Preference. This is what you want, it will be a big checkbox with its own dedicated Save button
-Data Security Options
Thanks. I tried going to my Profile from Pokemon.Com instead of from the FAQ and saw that profile page. Why do the FAQ and Pokemon.com lead to different profile pages? >:(

I almost didn't see everything below the basic settings because I thought it'd be in the tabs to the left instead of only noticeable if you try scrolling down enough. Now Step 3...

Confirm that the “I would like to receive marketing communications, including email messages with the latest news, offers, promotions, events, and games, and other ways to receive marketing communications from The Pokémon Company International.” box is checked.

There's no box labeled that... Oh, and my Pokemon.com account is set up for the E-Mail I abandon for my own sanity, I lost the password too, and was probably hacked because I liked playing Flash games... (I know that's not the newsletter's fault, but still WTF is this so hard?) Is it even worth trying? Please tell me no so I don't waste time getting Pokemon I probably won't use either way.

Edit: Not worth it! Kind of a shame about not getting the Shiny Celebi after replaying PMD 2... :(

Last edited:
Thanks. I tried going to my Profile from Pokemon.Com instead of from the FAQ and saw that profile page. Why do the FAQ and Pokemon.com lead to different profile pages? >:(

I almost didn't see everything below the basic settings because I thought it'd be in the tabs to the left instead of only noticeable if you try scrolling down enough. Now Step 3...

Confirm that the “I would like to receive marketing communications, including email messages with the latest news, offers, promotions, events, and games, and other ways to receive marketing communications from The Pokémon Company International.” box is checked.

There's no box labeled that... Oh, and my Pokemon.com account is set up for the E-Mail I abandon for my own sanity, I lost the password too, and was probably hacked because I liked playing Flash games... (I know that's not the newsletter's fault, but still WTF is this so hard?) Is it even worth trying? Please tell me no so I don't waste time getting Pokemon I probably won't use either way.
There absolutely should be a box labeled that. It's the giant checkbox right under the address

That said I don't know what goes into resetting the email. I'm not sure if you need to access it. You may as well trying updating it and see what happens; if it requires confirmation on the other email you may as well just make a new gmail and make a new account to go with.

XY: Revealed in January for October. February had Sylveon, March weirdly had nothing, April had The Mysterious Pokemon Who Has a Relation To Mewtwo. May, June, July, August, September all had consistent stream of normal information.
ORAS: Revealed in May out of the blue, presumably for financial reasons. June, July, August, September, October all had information.
SM: Revealed in February. March & April were silence this is where we had the infamous double spread of "the boxarts, but the cover legends rae blurred out". The true dark ages, for sure... Anyway May, June, July, August, September, October all had information.
USUM: Revealed in..wow June? Really? Bizarrely late for this thing. July had minimal (steel book, mostly), but August, September & October had consistent information.
Let's Go: Revealed in May for November release. June, July, August, September, & October all had new (or..."new", as the case may be) information revealed about the titles.
SWSH: Revealed in February for "Late 2019". March, April & May were very slim, beyond CoroCoro revealing the contest for Steel Beam in April and a Uniqlo design & Home compatability in May. June, July, August, September, & October all had new information, even if SWSH's news drops were lesser per drop.

And all of these also had information in November (or, October rather, for XY) just before they released.

So my apologies about "6+" months, but the average is we usually get 5-6 months of steady information (6-7 if you want to count the release month since there is usually stuff before the release). and between reveal & the news cycle picking up it's typically only a 1-3 month wait

Thus, BDSP is really the outlier here. Legends Arceus at least has the excuse of not releasing until January, but....
One plausible explanation is that the initial reveals were pushed earlier than normal to make the 25th anniversary date. So 'normally', they would've been revealed in June or something, July would've been a one-month gap, and then steady info would drop from August onward. This would match for both BDSP and L:A (non-remakes having ~2-3 more months of info compared to remakes).

They're releasing shiny zacian & zamazenta in *checks notes* South Korea exclusively?

You'll get these for preordering BD, SP or the double pack (I assume one dog for the solo and both for the double pack?)
Is it Zacian for Shield and Zamazenta for Sword?

Is it Zacian for Shield and Zamazenta for Sword?
It has been announced that, in South Korea, a distribution of Shiny Zacian or Shiny Zamazenta will be given to players in Pokémon Sword & Shield if you pre-order Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Shining Pearl or the Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl Double Pack. This will then be given through code from November 19th until December 31st 2021. Currently no further details have been given for international release.
I honestly assume it's tied to which version you preorder, then you just redeem the code in whichever SWSH you have

Shiny Zamazenta looks clean as hell, but of course we don't get it here in the States. I mean I suppose it's karma for...everything else

Are we getting any pre-order bonuses for BDSP in the US? Is it just PokeBalls?
You can get plushie keychains if you pre-order through Pokemoncenter.com.
That's not nearly as enticing as the artbooks Japan has, though. :<

And just in case anyone's not aware, pre-ordering Pokemon Legends: Arceus comes with a plushie as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)