UU Exploud

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
-->

Overview
########

Exploud has one major thing going for it: Boomburst, a 140 Base Power STAB move that allows Exploud to put a major dent in most of the tier. Also, to augment its Boomburst-spamming power, Exploud has access to Scrappy, allowing it to hit Ghost-types. Additionally, Exploud has excellent coverage options in Fire Blast, Focus Blast, and Surf, as well as other useful moves such as Sleep Talk. Sadly, Exploud's flaws lie in its underwhelming Speed, its average bulk, and its weakness to the common Fighting-types in UU.

BOOMBURST
########
name: BOOMBURST
move 1: Boomburst
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Surf
move 4: Focus Blast / Sleep Talk
ability: Scrappy
item: Choice Specs
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Modest

Moves
========

Boomburst is what Exploud should be using almost all of the time and is its most powerful STAB move. Fire Blast is useful for hitting Steel-types, which resist Boomburst. Surf nails the Rock-types, mainly Mega Aerodactyl, that switch in on Exploud for super effective damage. Sleep Talk is recommended in the fourth slot to allow Exploud to switch in on sleep inducers, but Focus Blast can be used to hit Blissey and Rock- and Steel-types (namely Empoleon) super effectively, though its accuracy is disappointing.

Set Details
========

252 EVs in Special Attack with a Modest nature maximize Exploud's power. 252 Speed EVs allow Exploud to outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, including uninvested base 90 Speed Pokemon such as specially defensive Roserade. A Timid nature can be used over a Modest nature, but it doesn't allow Exploud to outspeed many notable threats.

Usage Tips
========

Because Exploud's bulk isn't too great, the best practice is to bring it in off of a fainted teammate, U-turn, or Volt Switch. When using Exploud, most of the time you should just go for Boomburst, as very little likes to switch in on it. Other coverage moves should only be used when necessary, as Boomburst already does enough to most Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Fighting-types such as Machamp, Infernape, and Lucario make for good partners for their ability to take on Blissey, one of the few Pokemon Exploud can't reliable take on. U-turn and Volt Switch users such as Mienshao, Infernape, Jirachi, Mega Ampharos, Rotom-H, Rotom-C, and Crobat make for good partners for their ability to bring Exploud into the battle safely. Crobat also gets a special mention for its ability to take on Fighting-types. Fairy-types such as Florges and Aromatisse are helpful for their ability to take on Fighting-types. Sticky Web support from Pokemon such as Shuckle and Galvantula is helpful to allow Exploud to outspeed more Pokemon and damage them with Boomburst. Finally, Tailwind support from Pokemon such as Tornadus and Whimsicott is useful to double Exploud's Speed for a few turns.

Other Options
########

Life Orb is an option to allow Exploud to switch moves, but a Choice Specs-boosted Boomburst already hits most Pokemon hard enough and Exploud doesn't appreciate Life Orb's recoil. Choice Scarf can be used to surprise the opponent and get a surprise KO, but doesn't have the sheer power of Choice Specs. Hammer Arm can be used be used in conjunction with Life Orb to help take on Blissey (it even has a chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock damage), but Exploud doesn't like having its Speed or bulk compromised. Ice Beam can be used to hit Pokemon such as Gligar harder, but its useful coverage is rather limited. Finally, Work Up can be used to let Exploud act as a setup wallbreaker (and has a chance to 2HKO Blissey with Boomburst, which is guaranteed if Focus Blast hits twice), but Exploud prefers to hit hard right off the bat.

Checks & Counters
########

**Blissey**: Blissey is the closest thing to a counter for Exploud, as it is never 2HKOed by Focus Blast after Stealth Rock, which is unreliable in the first place, and can heal off any damage with Wish + Protect.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Empoleon and Bronzong can take a Boomburst, but must be wary of Exploud's coverage moves.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Infernape, Lucario, and Toxicroak can OHKO Exploud with their STAB moves, but can't switch in.

**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon such as Darmanitan, Entei, Roserade, Hydreigon, and Krookodile outspeed Exploud and can KO it with their STAB moves.

Overview
########

• STAB Boomburst
  • Scrappy for whatever it's worth
  • Good coverage options (Focus Blast, Fire Blast, Surf, etc)
  • Slow
  • Average bulk
  • Weak to the common Fighting-types in UU

BOOMBURST
########
move 4: Sleep Talk / Focus Blast

Moves
========

• Boomburst is a powerful STAB move that pretty much murders everything
  • Fire Blast nails Steel-types such as Mega Aggron, Jirachi, Forretress, Lucario, and Bronzong
  • Surf nails Mega Aerodactyl on the switch for an OHKO after Stealth Rock
  • Sleep Talk allows Exploud to switch in on sleep inducers
  • Focus Blast nails Empoleon, Umbreon, and Blissey alongside the aforementioned Steel-types

Set Details
========

• The EVs and Modest nature maximize Special Attack for maximum Boombursting power
  • 252 Speed EVs allow Exploud to outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, including Specially Defensive Roserade
  • Timid can be used but doesn't outspeed too much

Usage Tips
========

• Try to bring in safely because its bulk isn't too great
  • Most of the time just click Boomburst
  • Other coverage should only be used if absolutely necessary as Boomburst already hurts everything

Team Options
========

• Fighting-types such as Machamp and Infernape to beat Blissey
  • U-turn and Volt Switch users such as Mienshao, Infernape, Jirachi, Mega Ampharos, Rotom-H, and Rotom-C to bring Exploud in safely
  • Fairy-types such as Florges and Aromatisse to switch in on Fighting-types
  • Crobat because it checks Fighting-types and has U-turn
  • Sticky Web from Shuckle and Galvantula
  • Tailwind support from Whimsicott or Tornadus

Other Options
########

• Life Orb
  • Choice Scarf
  • Hammer Arm for a slightly higher chance to 3HKO Blissey (should be used with LO [also chance to 2HKO after SR with LO])
  • Ice Beam
  • Work Up

Checks & Counters
########

**Blissey**: Blissey is the closest thing to a counter for Exploud as it is never 2HKOed by Focus Blast after Stealth Rock, which is unreliable in the first place, and can heal off any damage with Wish + Protect.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Jirachi, Empoleon, and Bronzong can take Choice-locked Boomburst, but must be wary of Exploud's coverage moves.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Infernape, Lucario, and Toxicroak can OHKO Exploud with their STAB moves, but can't switch in.

**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon such as Darmanitan, Entei, Roserade, Hydreigon, and Krookidile outspeed Exploud and can KO with their STAB moves.[/quote]

Last edited:
I did lol, I'd done it yesterday but people started posting and ruined my joke. So I did it again today :o

This thing REALLY likes Sticky Web support. Mention that.

Also physical set shouldn't be in OO, it's just terrible. Maybe mixed with LO Hammer Arm for Blissey, but I wouldn't even bother because Exploud is only decent if it is spamming Boomburst.

PS: Fuck the title. I only opened this thread to reject it because Swellow is trash, didn't expect it to be Exploud.

Agree that physical moves should not be mentioned at all except for hammer arm. Sleep Talk could be slashed over Focus Blast because Fire Blast/Surf is basically all the coverage you need except vs Empoleon. Tailwind support needs to be mentioned because Exploud loves that shit. 1/3 after that's done.

-Remove mentions of banned mons(sounding like a broken record)
-Mention Work Up in OO as it does give it a chance to beat Blissey with Boomburst (guaranteed with Focus Blast if you hit)
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Exploud Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Blissey: 296-348 (41.4 - 48.7%) -- 14.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ SpA Life Orb Exploud Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Blissey: 338-400 (47.3 - 56%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Do that and QC 3/3

Edit: And slash Focus Blast in front of Sleep Talk, non of the sleep users in UU are ones exploud wants to switch into, Roserade destroys it with Leaf Storm and Amoonguss isn't used at all, idk if there's any other sleepers but yeah just slash Focus Blast first, Empoleon is really popular rn.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ununhexium

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Exploud has one major thing going for it: (colon) Boomburst, (comma) a 140 Base Power STAB move that allows it Exploud to put a major dent in most of the tier. Also, to augment its Boomburst-spamming power, Exploud has access to Scrappy, allowing it to hit Ghost-types. Additionally, Exploud has excellent coverage options in Fire Blast, Focus Blast, and Surf, as well as other useful moves such as Sleep Talk. Sadly, Exploud's flaws lie in its underwhelming Speed, its average bulk, and its weakness to the common Fighting-types in UU. However, if you want a wall breaker which can dent most of the tier with one move, Exploud is the Pokemon for you.

BOOMBURST
########

Moves
========

Boomburst is what Exploud should be using almost all of the time, and is its most powerful STAB move. Fire Blast is useful for hitting Steel-types that resist Boomburst. Surf nails the Rock-types, mainly Mega Aerodactyl, that switch in on Exploud for super effective damage. Sleep Talk is recommended in the fourth slot to allow it Exploud to switch in on sleep inducers, but Focus Blast can be used to hit Blissey and Rock- and Steel-types (namely Empoleon) super effectively, though its accuracy is disappointing.

Set Details
========

252 EVs in Special Attack with a Modest nature maximize Exploud's sheer power. 252 Speed EVs allow Exploud to outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, including uninvested base 90s such as specially defensive Roserade. However, A Timid nature can be used over a Modest nature, but it doesn't outspend many notable threats.

Usage Tips
========

Because Exploud's bulk isn't too great, the best practice is to bring it in off of a fainted teammate, U-turn, or Volt Switch. When using Exploud, most of the time using Exploud, (RC) you should just go for the Boomburst, as very little likes to switch in on it freely. Likewise, the Other coverage moves should only be used when necessary, as Boomburst already does enough to most Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Fighting-types such as Machamp, Infernape, and Lucario make for good partners for their ability to take on Blissey, one of the few Pokemon Exploud can't reliable take on. U-turn and Volt Switch users such as Mienshao, Infernape, Jirachi, Mega Ampharos, Rotom-H, Rotom-C, and Crobat make for good partners for their ability to bring Exploud into the battle safely. Crobat also gets a special mention for its ability to take on Fighting-types as well as its ability to use U-turn. Fairy-types such as Florges and Aromatisse are helpful for their ability to take on Fighting-types. Sticky Web support from Pokemon such as Shuckle and Galvantula is helpful to allow Exploud to outspend more Pokemon and damage them with Boomburst. Finally, Tailwind support from Pokemon like such as Tornadus and Whimsicott is useful to double Exploud's Speed for a few turns.

Other Options
########

Life Orb is an option to allow Exploud to switch moves, but a Choice Specs-boosted Boomburst already hits most Pokemon hard enough and Exploud doesn't appreciate the recoil. Choice Scarf can be used to surprise the opponent and get a surprise KO, but doesn't have the sheer power of Choice Specs. Hammer Arm can be used be used in conjunction with Life Orb to help take on Blissey (it even has a chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock damage), but it Exploud doesn't like having its Speed or bulk compromised. Ice Beam can be used to hit Pokemon such as Gligar harder, but its useful coverage is rather limited. Finally, Work Up can be used to let Exploud act as a setup wallbreaker (and has a chance to 2HKO Blissey with Boomburst, which is guaranteed if Focus Blast hits twice), but Exploud prefers to hit hard right off the bat.

Checks & Counters
########

**Blissey**: Blissey is the closest thing to a counter for Exploud as it is never 2HKOed by Focus Blast after Stealth Rock, which is unreliable in the first place, and can heal off any damage with Wish + Protect.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Empoleon and Bronzong can take a Choice-locked Boomburst, but must be wary of Exploud's coverage moves.

**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon such as Darmanitan, Entei, Roserade, Hydreigon, and Krookidile outspeed Exploud and can KO with their STAB moves.

1/2

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So, the above post is pretty meaningful to me. Why? Well, over just about two and a half years, I've been a part of the GP team here on smogon, and it's been really a great experience. I love making contributions to this site and I love the people I get to work with in GP and C&C. So, what makes this special? I've gone back and counted my posts in every forum that has uploaded analyses. Pretty much any post I make in these sort of threads is a grammar check...but what does that all mean? Well, this is my 1,000th grammar check for smogon analyses! And that's not even counting The Smog, The Player, The Competitor or anything else!!

I'm normally not somebody that really believes in Xk posts or whatever because I don't really view random posts on this site as meaning much, to me at least. But I've always been very grateful of the work that I've been able to put in through GP for Smogon, and as sappy as it might seem I'm quite sentimental about all my GP checks I've made over two and a half years so far. My time on Smogon has been absolutely great, and it's let me meet a TON of awesome people that I'm glad to call my friends :)
Arikado You've become a very close friend of mine ari lol, always a pleasure to crush you in smash too :oo
Electrolyte You're always a pleasure to talk to man, you got great taste in music too :)
Exeggutor Eggy :}
fleurdyleurse You've turned into a great user! I see a lot of me in you and I'm glad you're deciding to stick around
Goddess Briyella Always great to know I've got a #1 fan out there somewhere ~_~
Governess It's such a shame that you're not around, you were a great user always willing to help out. I hope that if you see this your life is working out :)
hollywood Your name is Treecko you big dummy. You've always been a great guy to work alongside and talk to :))
Hulavuta What can I even say man. You're without a doubt my closest friend on this entire site. Whether we're working through each other's problems on IRC or you tarnishing my profile with your presence, you and me are just always together. I don't want to get sappy but u kno me mang.
Jellicent Probably the one user I respect the absolute most. You took me, an eager, pretty terrible user, and shaped me with your guidance and great attitude into who I am today :) To think that I hadn't even used IRC before you told me to meet up with you! Regardless, you've been a fantastic leader and user and friend ^_^
Jukain COMMIT! Regardless of this nice joke you love to remind me of, user: Pokemon0078 is a pretty awesome guy, just doesn't have as much commit as me
jumpluff You've been a great mentor, friend, and role model for me and countless others. Everyone's sad that you're not around as much these days, and I hope all is going well for you :)
Kingler12345 Kingler, one of my own clones :) it's crazy to look back to when I used to mentor you and see how far you've come from there!
Lord Alphose Lorde Alphose imo, Alphose_Eric imo, also a clone of me imo, but mostly an awesome guy :))
Oglemi what a massive amount of dedication you've had for GP, C&C, and the entire site. Over the years you've just been the best leader that we could have asked for :)
Redew oh man what a ride it's been knowing you. Can you even imagine us as newer users? Getting salty at each other over grammar checks, man what the hell is that all about. But WE'RE HERE TO GRAMMAR. Even though you changed your focus on smogon, you've always been here through the years. Over 2 hiatuses and everything in between, smh redew you're just that great of a guy. Dancing bear :))
Rohail Always with the inferior eeveelution imo, another reason I'm glad I joined the GP team to meet people like you!
sandshrewz SANDZ! Patamon, 我的朋友, you've always been a great, friendly user to me as well as a great friend. It doesn't matter that we're halfway around the world from each other, I will DESTROY you in tf2!
Shame That What can I say, whether it was just sheer luck or a great push in the right direction, but you've done pretty much more for me than anybody else I can name. Still the first VM on my wall LOL, and it's definitely been the most influential one over :)))
Ununhexium Unun you're a great user and it's been a pleasure to work with you and watch you improve over this past year :)

There's a lot of other users who have been great people to interact with. You guys all know who you are. And you've all been great friends to me :) If I didn't post your name here, the reason is obviously because I hate you and want to ignore you as much as possible :}

So thanks, really, to everyone on Smogon that's known me. And now I'm going for a thousand more :}

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
what the fuck 1000 !!

I don't really know how to follow that,,,, but here's 2/2

add corrections remove comments
Overview
########

Exploud has one major thing going for it: Boomburst, a 140 Base Power STAB move that allows Exploud to put a major dent in most of the tier. Also, to augment its Boomburst-spamming power, Exploud has access to Scrappy, allowing it to hit Ghost-types. Additionally, Exploud has excellent coverage options in Fire Blast, Focus Blast, and Surf, as well as other useful moves such as Sleep Talk. Sadly, Exploud's flaws lie in its underwhelming Speed, its average bulk, and its weakness to the common Fighting-types in UU.

BOOMBURST
########

Moves
========

Boomburst is what Exploud should be using almost all of the time, (RC) and is its most powerful STAB move. Fire Blast is useful for hitting Steel-types, (AC) which that resist Boomburst. Surf nails the Rock-types, mainly Mega Aerodactyl, that switch in on Exploud for super effective damage. Sleep Talk is recommended in the fourth slot to allow Exploud to switch in on sleep inducers, but Focus Blast can be used to hit Blissey and Rock- and Steel-types (namely Empoleon) super effectively, though its accuracy is disappointing.

Set Details
========

252 EVs in Special Attack with a Modest nature maximize Exploud's power. 252 Speed EVs allow Exploud to outspeed as many Pokemon as possible, including uninvested base 90 Speed Pokemon 90s such as specially defensive Roserade. A Timid nature can be used over a Modest nature, but it doesn't outspend allow Exploud to outspeed many notable threats.

Usage Tips
========

Because Exploud's bulk isn't too great, the best practice is to bring it in off of a fainted teammate, U-turn, or Volt Switch. When using Exploud, most of the time you should just go for Boomburst, as very little likes to switch in on it. Other coverage moves should only be used when necessary, as Boomburst already does enough to most Pokemon.

Team Options
========

Fighting-types such as Machamp, Infernape, and Lucario make for good partners for their ability to take on Blissey, one of the few Pokemon Exploud can't reliable take on. U-turn and Volt Switch users such as Mienshao, Infernape, Jirachi, Mega Ampharos, Rotom-H, Rotom-C, and Crobat make for good partners for their ability to bring Exploud into the battle safely. Crobat also gets a special mention for its ability to take on Fighting-types. Fairy-types such as Florges and Aromatisse are helpful for their ability to take on Fighting-types. Sticky Web support from Pokemon such as Shuckle and Galvantula is helpful to allow Exploud to outspend outspeed more Pokemon and damage them with Boomburst. Finally, Tailwind support from Pokemon such as Tornadus and Whimsicott is useful to double Exploud's Speed for a few turns.

Other Options
########

Life Orb is an option to allow Exploud to switch moves, but a Choice Specs-boosted Boomburst already hits most Pokemon hard enough and Exploud doesn't appreciate Life Orb's the recoil. Choice Scarf can be used to surprise the opponent and get a surprise KO, but doesn't have the sheer power of Choice Specs. Hammer Arm can be used be used in conjunction with Life Orb to help take on Blissey (it even has a chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock damage), but Exploud doesn't like having its Speed or bulk compromised. Ice Beam can be used to hit Pokemon such as Gligar harder, but its useful coverage is rather limited. Finally, Work Up can be used to let Exploud act as a setup wallbreaker (and has a chance to 2HKO Blissey with Boomburst, which is guaranteed if Focus Blast hits twice), but Exploud prefers to hit hard right off the bat.

Checks & Counters
########

**Blissey**: Blissey is the closest thing to a counter for Exploud, (AC) as it is never 2HKOed by Focus Blast after Stealth Rock, which is unreliable in the first place, and can heal off any damage with Wish + Protect.

**Steel-types**: Steel-types such as Empoleon and Bronzong can take a Boomburst, but must be wary of Exploud's coverage moves.

**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon such as Darmanitan, Entei, Roserade, Hydreigon, and Krookodile outspeed Exploud and can KO it with their STAB moves.

Lemonade. is a massive nerd

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)