Fall Down

AT A GLANCE

Welcome to my first XY OU RMT. This team, as you can se from the preview, is based on Mega Gyarados' sweep, maybe one of the most underrated megas in the current metagame.
It's a bulky offense or maybe a balanced team thath gaves me many staisfactions.

BUILDING PHASE

I started from this core: Gyarados + Defogger + Rotom-W that would have absorbed Mega Pinsir and Talonflame's stabs, but the washing machine was unable to cover Gyarados' weaknesses in a good way.

So i chose Celebi that is a very good partner for Mega Dos. The most evident weaknesses are in the top usage list: Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, Dragons, Aegislash, Mega Mawile.

For the firsts (and a bit for Mawile too) i got Heatran, a little underrated in the beginning of the metagame. The new entry gives solidity to the team, creating a very good FWG core.

For the seconds i chose Landorus-T, a very versatile Pokèmon. With the combination of Intimidate, bulkyness and a good atk stat, it can be very useful to contrast numerous threats of the metagame.

Last but not least the revengekiller, a must-have on almost every XY team: i'm talking about Genesect, obviously. His weaknesses are covered well by other members and gives a very important offensive contribution.

The great weakness to Dark types forced me to prefer Chesnaught over Celebi (under Nog's suggestion). With Genesect's ban i had to switch him with Scizor.

IN DEPTH
(changes in red)

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Atk / 8 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

After Genesect's ban i had to search ofr a substitute and here it is. He has the same typing of Genesect there are no complications to the team. Even if Genesect was the best choice for this team, he's pretty good to take care of most Faries that are litterally destroyed by his powerful Bullet Punch. He also gives me a very important resistance to Mamoswine that, as underlined by ninjawhitetiger, could be a great treath to the team.

Chesnaught (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SDef
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed / Synthesis
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer
- Hammer Arm

A great discovery. The heavy weakness to Dark types is partially covered by this fantastic Pokèmon, too much underrated in my opinion. In fact, besides of the 4x weakness to Flying types, he's a great physical wall, he can resist tons of hits and answer with two powerful stabs with a respectable attack stat.
His odd (?) trait gives him total immunity to "ball" or "bomb" moves, making moves such as Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Sludge Bomb/Wave, etc... uneffective and this makes him very funny to play with opponents such as Aegislash that can't do nohing to him, or to absorb some Focus Blasts (better if choiched).
The spread gives him a great physical bulk and a decent special one. I'm not sure about Leech Seed or Synthesis because the first makes me recover HP very slowing but damaging my opponent, while Synthesis gives a 50% recover in one turn but with only 8 uses.

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

The star of the team, and what a star! Despite the lack of the rain, it can be an extremely dangerous Pokèmon, if used wisely. With the Mega Evo, it gains a boost of 25% in Atk, 30% in Def and Sdef, in addition to Mold Breaker that grants to hit Rotom-w, Dragonite, Unaware users, ecc... As you can understand, this is really a monster and with Intimidate on the first entrance, it gains a free boost almost every time and a second boost is very probable.
The lack of item makes him a bit weaker too, in fact LO Gyarados does more raw damage, but as you can see this version is way better.
Ice Fang > Substitute to hit Flying types and Dragons that are easily killed.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire

EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast

- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Ancient Power
Heatran is completely reconsidered this gen and even if it was used frequentely in BW, it returns to take care of the bad bird that reigns on the top 5 usage and of the robot-bug.
Classic SDefensive set with the only add of Ancient Power > Earth Power to hit and kill Talonflame anche Charizard Y.
Flash Cannon > Toxic to take better care of Faries, especially Clafeble before it boosts.
I've replaced the past set with a new one, the offensive Tran that now gives me more attacking power. Besides that, it's role still remains the same but now he has to set rocks.

Together with Landorus he takes care of Mega Mawile that is a unbelievable thing.

Landorus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Knock Off

- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

A Classic from BW that i like to use in this metagame too, even if it is very rare right now. Intimitade + Bulkyness + great Atk stat make him very good for this type o teams because it can play different roles.
For the spread, i preferred to run a little more speed to outspeed all Rotom-Ws and opponent Landoruses.

It's new choice scarf set, gives me a pretty strong revenge killer for Pinsir, Geninja and others thing thata are difficult to take down. I usually start with him to scout since turn 1.
Stone Edge > HP Ice because it's more effective in the actual metagame.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Roost / Healing Wish
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Another very important role for Gyarados' sweep is the Defogger, chosen over Rapid Spinners because the great diffusion of Ghost tipes like Aegislash and beacause the lack of choice. Latias, in fact, can be also a great attacker with her two powerful stabs and with Life Orb, combined with Roost, give her a great balace between bulk and attack qualities.
As you can see i run a more offensive set because i already have Heatran as Special Wall and she can take more advantage from the sinergy with him this way.

An intresting option is Healing Wish that, as Memoric suggests, can be great because of the set's "bite and run" nature.

CONCLUSIONS
Now the team is more solid than before, covering well Dark and Fairy weaknesses. But there are two treaths to this team that can destroy all just by themselves and i'm talking about Mega Pinsir and Azumarril.
EXPORT TO TEXT
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Atk / 8 SDef
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Chesnaught (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Bulletproof
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Hammer Arm
- Wood Hammer

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Ancient Power

Landorus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Recover
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock

Last edited:
I think the toxic on Heatran is a tad redundant, considering this team doesn't really need that kind of support, and you're probably better off attacking. You say your only weapon against fairies is Heatran's Roar, which isn't actually on the set. Flash Cannon would help you patch up this problem, as it nails Sylveon and Clefable (before it starts setting up) pretty hard. Maybe replace Toxic with Flash Cannon, but other than that, your team looks very solid.

I can see Mandibuzz posing you a problem, so maybe something should be done about that too. However, I don't know off the top of my head what would help you best there, so I'm gonna leave that for others to point out.

What's going on TheTsBasic? Pretty solid team you have going here, covers threats nicely resistance wise as well as checking/countering wise. At a glance i can see one Pokemon for sure that OHKO's your ENTIRE team. This mon is under used, under appreciated, and rarely seen but is a monster threat to your team nonetheless. It's name is Crawdaunt. It packs 3 moves and its gg team (Crabhammer, Knock Off, Superpower). Banded Terrakion also is a pretty solid threat to the team. For this reason I suggest changing Celebi to Chesnaught. Chesnaught is a solid defensive wall, grass typing so you don't lose a sleep absorber, excellent vs Crawdaunt, can wall Scarfed Garchomp and Aegislash all day. Here is the set:
Chesnaught (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spiky Shield
- Wood Hammer
- Hammer Arm

Fighting STAB is handy to beat dark types that it walls plus Chansey/Blissey. Wood Hammer is to cover ghosts, deal massive damage to Rotom-Wash, Gastrodon, Quagsire, and of course the two Pokemon that pose the biggest threat to the team: Terrakion and Crawdaunt. Leech Seed and Synthesis are just for reliable recovery to ensure that it can tank hits for days on end. As far as the EV's go, they are a pretty standard set, HP and Defense because you are a defensive wall and some Special Defense investment to survive a bit more from both sides of the spectrum. The team is well built and so there wasn't much to change. Good luck with the team in the future man.

The banning of one Pokemon usually doesn't stop an entire team from still being able to be played. In this case the banning of Genesect can be played around by using a different scout such as Greninja. While it is true that the team will never be the same with this ban phase, it doesn't need to be completely scrapped.

If you're having trouble with fairies try replacing toxic on Heatran with Flash Cannon for a good STAB attack.

Idyll

xD
is a Tutoris an official Team Rateris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
RBTT Champion
Get out Genesect nobody loves you.

*Ahem*

Now, you're one down a bit. You lost a good lot in Genesect with it's recent ban. Yeah, well, we'll get back to that later. What I'm gonna tell you here now is that you have no decent answer to Fairies. I mean, your physical force in Gyarados gets dent by Sylveon and Clefable, while at the same time they don't have any business with Azumarill. With this, get CB Scizor over that blank spot from Gene. Now, (most) Fairies aren't a problem. Sylveon and Clefable are OHKO'd provided that they don't run Def, and Azu is 2HKO'd. You also get a very sexy U-Turn and Knock Off to go with it. Now, you have a cleaner and revenge-killier, so to other matters.
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Adamant | 248 Atk / 252 HP / 8 SDef
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off / Pursuit / Quick Attack

Some small changes, but perhaps you can run Healing Wish over Roost on Latias? See, Latias is more of a hit-'n-run attacker with dat Draco Meteor, which means she won't be really staying in to take some damage (unless it's Defogging). Healing Wish also gives life to your Gyarados if you had it take damage early for any reason. It can also give life to any of your other pokemon if you need them a bit more.

Overall, a nice team! ^_^

Thanks you all for your rates! :D
Genesect's ban makes me sad ç_ç
By the way:
Nog : Chesnaught > Celebi is a great suggestion, thanks. I'm testing it right now and it works very well. I had the same idea but I wanted to see if someone had a better one, but I think it's the best for this team :D
Memoric : It's hard to choose a pokemon to change with Genesect, it was perfect for the role I was in need of. But I have to say that Cbandzor is a very good option, I'll try Greeninja too to see how it works. I kinda like the idea of running Healing Wish over roost, but with Bisharp being a cancer for this team, I was thinking for a Reflect Type + Hp Fight set, i'll try both. :D

Ok let me start off with a few calcs
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Genesect: 273-321 (96.4 - 113.4%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Celebi: 140-166 (34.6 - 41%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Superpower vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gyarados: 348-411 (104.8 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 889-1050 (230.3 - 272%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 236 HP / 168 Def Landorus-T: 348-411 (92 - 108.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Mamoswine Ice Shard vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Latias: 205-244 (67.8 - 80.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Life orb mamoswine is a threat to sweep this team if it switches in on landorus T and you are unable to get the intimidate into effect. This being said it is very easy to counter this guy as he is incredibly weak to priority of pretty much any type, seriously just take your pick of what you want, now with the banning of genesect upcoming, scizor fills the same defensive role arguably better, you loose out a little on SE coverage but scizor does get pretty good neutral coverage with bullet punch, u-turn, knock off, and super power (I suggest 4 atk for scizor because nowadays everyone caries a fire type or something with hp fire and thats pretty much the only thing that hurts scizor, and by hurt i mean destroy not allowing a slow roost or sd to do much) outside of that i think that the weak spot on this team is probably Landorus-T I know you are using it as a bulky pivot and a rock setter, but i think if you give rocks to heatran (over roar or toxic, your choice) you can use an assault vest conkeldurr, to bring about a stronger offensive presence and still have pretty good bulk, feel free to pm me if you want speciffic sets, anyway here is the rate you asked for and i hope i helped

Thanks you all for your rates! :D
Genesect's ban makes me sad ç_ç
By the way:
Nog : Chesnaught > Celebi is a great suggestion, thanks. I'm testing it right now and it works very well. I had the same idea but I wanted to see if someone had a better one, but I think it's the best for this team :D
Memoric : It's hard to choose a pokemon to change with Genesect, it was perfect for the role I was in need of. But I have to say that Cbandzor is a very good option, I'll try Greeninja too to see how it works. I kinda like the idea of running Healing Wish over roost, but with Bisharp being a cancer for this team, I was thinking for a Reflect Type + Hp Fight set, i'll try both. :D
No problem man, he is one of my favorites as well and fit well into your team.

You begin the RMT by talking about how you have a large weakness to pinsir after switching rotom-w to celebi. you still haven't fixed that weakness, as pinsir sweeps this squad with a little prior damage. landy-T can help with intimidate, but it can only switch in so many times due to lack of solid recovery.

-1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Landorus-T: 139-165 (36.3 - 43.1%) -- 98.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
If it SDs on the switch, it's even worse.
+1 252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Landorus-T: 313-370 (81.9 - 96.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

maybe think about switching landy-T to a zapdos, as it protects you from getting demolished by pinsir.
you have to watch out for mega zard X, as it can come in on celebi and set up and go to town.

Hello The TsBasic!

I apologize for the lateness of my rate, ha ha but seeing that Genesect got the boot up to Uber again, it leaves a hole for a new potential member =]! A couple of things I have noticed just by the general look at the team (without Genesect of course) is that Mamoswine would love to meet every single member head on. To remedy this problem I suggest:

SUGGESTIONS:
Scizor Choice Band
EVs: 248 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -Spa)
- U-Turn
- Super Power
- Knock Off/Puruit
- Bullet Punch

Scizor can be really beneficial to your team because he adds priority with Bullet Punch, momentum with U-Turn, and decent coverage with Knock off/Pursuit and Superpower. With the current meta leaning towards Knock Off, I just gave the option of Pursuit due to the fact that you have a Thunder Waving Celebi making scizor a HUGE THREAT to its checks, so if the obvious switch is obvious just Pursuit =]

Other than that, you team looks clean and well built, I hope this helps =]

The beautiful Chesnaught shining through n_n
It's so OP! ahah
But the bad thing is that he gets continuosly burned by Rotom-W, so it fails the ohko :/
I'll try Lum Berry + Synthesis.

Mh, I'm considering the option to run Toxic another time on Heatran, because i get completely walled by that m**********r named Mandibuzz.
I'll need a counter of Zapdos too, cause he completely destroys everything.

It's so OP! ahah
But the bad thing is that he gets continuosly burned by Rotom-W, so it fails the ohko :/
I'll try Lum Berry + Synthesis.

Mh, I'm considering the option to run Toxic another time on Heatran, because i get completely walled by that m**********r named Mandibuzz.
I'll need a counter of Zapdos too, cause he completely destroys everything.
I prefer leech seed to syntheses simply because you can start to whittle away the enemy, especially if they are something like aegi who you cannot touch and vise versa. If you predict a swap, leech seed then swap out yourself. Burning is annoying but Chesnaught is not meant to do damage so lum is really not that great of an idea. Lefties + leech seed make it really hard to take down and without one or both of them physical walls might beat your team because Chesnaught died too early on into the match :/

I prefer leech seed to syntheses simply because you can start to whittle away the enemy, especially if they are something like aegi who you cannot touch and vise versa. If you predict a swap, leech seed then swap out yourself. Burning is annoying but Chesnaught is not meant to do damage so lum is really not that great of an idea. Lefties + leech seed make it really hard to take down and without one or both of them physical walls might beat your team because Chesnaught died too early on into the match :/
Yeah, maybe you're right.
I was thinking about Gliscor over Landorus-T so i can have another counter for Bisharp, Mandibuzz and Mega Pinsir.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
From last week:

There's a pretty big weakness to Pinsir on this team, and this team is a little bit on the slow side so you're going to vulnerable to things like Greninja as well. I don't see much of a way to switch into Greninja and kill it reliably, it seems that your best bet is just to predict with Scizor and get it in on an Ice Beam / Dark Pulse, then force it out with Bullet Punch. That Heatran set is pretty questionable as well, I don't know the merit in running 3 attacks + roar Heatran with a specially defensive spread while forgoing Earth Power in the process. I'm also not sure how useful Healing Wish is on the Latias when your team isn't Hyper Offense and instead tries to tank hits as often as possible, I'd just stick to Recover for that.

Run Rotom-W over the Chesnaught because Azumarill is a little annoying for this team, and it can also help you cover Pinsir as well. And as long as you run enough speed on Rotom, you can deal with Crawdaunt fine enough (it isn't even that common) through Will-O-Wisp and Volt Switch. It forms a little Volt-turn combo with Scizor / Landorus and gives you the needed resistances to adequately handle Azu+Pinsir.

Scarf the Landorus so you have something that can revenge kill Charizard Y, HP Ground Volc, Greninja, and Pinsir. Having a revenge killer is important for this team because CB Scizor can open opportunities for setup with your opponent -- this is especially true when you are locked into Bullet Punch because that's when set ups happen frequently. If you play the Landorus well enough, you can potentially get it in clean v. Greninja and OHKO it before it has a shot to kill you. You can run Jolly to outspeed Scarf Excadrill though Adamant works relatively well too.

I brought this up earlier, but make that Heatran set more offensive. With Scarf on Landorus you can slide over the SR onto Heatran. You don't need Flash Cannon on Heatran when you have CB Scizor to handle Sylveon and Clefable of all things--you're much better off running Earth Power / Fire Blast / Ancient Power as your three moves with SR as the last slot, so at least other Heatran don't laugh in your face. Run enough speed so you hit 246 so you outspeed most Gliscor, then max the special attack and throw the rest into HP. If you want to put things into perspective, Lava Plume doesn't even OHKO Mega Mawile with such a defensive spread, so you still risk getting hammered by a Brick Break or Knock Off either way. There's no reason to run a defensive set if you don't have the adequate support moves to efficiently use it: Protect, Will o Wisp, Toxic, etc.

Recover>Healing Wish on Latias

Landorus-T@Scarf
Jolly 252 atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
U-Turn/Earthquake/Rock Slide/Knock Off

Rotom-W@Chesto
Bold 252 hp / 44 spe / 208 def
Volt Switch / Will o Wisp / Hydro Pump / Rest

Heatran@Leftovers
Modest 252 SpA / 224 Spe / 32 HP
Fire Blast / Earth Power / Ancient Power / Stealth Rock

I've tried all of your suggestions and i figured it out that with the new sets it's very good. But rotom didn't work well.

HELP, GLISCOR COMPLETELY WALLS ME!

If Gliscor walls you completely then I recommend running HP Ice on heatran because with 252 SpAtk it is a guarenteed OHKO and Heatran generally lures out gliscor.

hey. if gliscor troubles you, two ways i can suggest to kill it:
1. Latios > Latias. A Draco Bomb from Life orb latios will OHKO it.
2. HP ICE > Psyshock on latias.

Don't give HP ice to heatran as you will be KO'd by an earthquake

I really like u making use of chesnaught. I wanted to use it on my own team, but didn't fit the bill. anyway, if you choose Latios, here's the set:

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog
- HP [Ice]

HP Ice is better on heatran that on Latias or Latios, since without Psyshock Conkledurr can become a very huge treath (even bigger that how it normally is). But this way the only thing to kill Talonflame or Charizard Y is revengekilling with Landorus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)