Favorite Defensive/Supportive LC Pokemon?

Favorite Defensive/Supportive Pokemon?

• Phanpy

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Gligar

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Wynaut

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Duskull

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bronzor

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Pineco

• Hippototas

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Lileep

• Paras

• Misdreavus

• Slowpoke

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Ledyba

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Omanyte

• Munchlax

• Ledyba

• Shroomish

• Other

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am extremely annoyed that Hippopotas is on that list, but Snover is not, so I voted Other.

Snover's wonderful Snow Warning is such a fantastic ability for my teams, offensive as they tend to be. That residual damage adds up pretty fast, especially with Stealth Rock.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hippotatas can set up SR, so i added it for that, and it can use Stockpile+Slack Off. Most, if not all, Snovers are sweepers, so I left it out. I may be wrong, though.

Hippotatas can set up SR, so i added it for that, and it can use Stockpile+Slack Off. Most, if not all, Snovers are sweepers, so I left it out. I may be wrong, though.
Snover actually usually runs SubSeed Stall :)

I'm voting for phanpy or missy. Phanpy is great at setting up Stealth Rock and has great bulk and a great movepool. Missy on the other hand has awesome defensive stats if invested in, it has Will-O-Wisp, and 3 immunities.

I voted Bronzor, as it has quite a large amount of support options that it can provide. Stealth Rock and sleep are nice enough, but being able to set up dual screens, rain, sun and Trick Room is just awesome and it is a staple of weather teams everywhere.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Stealth Rock and sleep are nice enough
maaaaaaan

Hypnosis is illegal on Bronzor at Level 5, as it is a level-up move on a genderless Pokemon.

That said, Bronzor takes it for me as well. Rocks, screens, weather, TR, and the ability to check a shitload of nasty threats with its awesome typing seal the deal. Now all it needs is Rapid Spin...

Yeah Bronzor. Just the sheer number of resists and its ability to check things that are otherwise pretty hard to actually switch in to like Teddiursa. And it sets up SR and screens pretty much 100% of the time, and is a good lead as it tends to lure out obvious attacks as people usually only have one attack at most that people fear.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
That's only my snover Draco. Anyway I voted Misdreavus. Max HP and Speed with Will-o-Wisp and Substitute can take down it's old counters of Stunky and Munchlax. Not to mention that HP Fighting and Shadow Ball still deal quite a bit of damage even without investment.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I didn't actually vote, but I also am a huge fan of Bronzor as a support mon. I don't like running a SR lead, so having Bronzor to set them up midgame in addition to screens is a godsend. It can also run Payback to hurt Missy, EQ to hurt Bronzor or HP Ice to hurt Gligar, depending on what your team as issues with. It also has the second best overall defensive stats in Little Cup and arguably the best defensive typing. Factor in its immunity to Ground and Poison to give Scarfed Gligar and Gastly hell and you have one excellent supporter.

On the Defensive front, my personal favorite defensive Pokemon has always been Munchlax. It has the best defensive stats in Little Cup and a good typing, as well as absolutely monstrous attack power. Munchlax's HP even lets it effectively use Leftovers if you take that route. It does now admittedly have some problems with WoW Misdreavus, but other than that and Mantyke under the Rain, no pure special attacker can boast the ability to defeat Munchlax one on one. Granted, things like Gastly or Magnemite with Explosion will give Munchlax some trouble, but they give most anything trouble.

I'd have to say Wynaut is what seals the deal for me, able to take out any one pokemon (except some houndour), turn any pokemon into setup bait, and even take down something slow with Destiny Bond. It also makes a joke of scarfed pokemon, setup pokemon, and most support pokemon with just Counter/Mirror Coat, or Encore.

Otherwise, I like Gligar, having the ability to go 19 speed on a defensive pokemon is a godsend, and stealth rock, u-turn, roost, and taunt just make it a fabulous pokemon to use defensivley. The only thing gligar has to watch for are water/ice moves which are easily enough taken care of. Immunity to both ground and electric, and excelent defenses means it can come in on a majority of scarfed pokemon and set up Stealth Rock effortlessly, allowing you to break sashes and put pokemon into OHKO range without having to attack them.

That said, Bronzor takes it for me as well. Rocks, screens, weather, TR, and the ability to check a shitload of nasty threats with its awesome typing seal the deal. Now all it needs is Rapid Spin...
If you think about it, Bronzor could theoretically use Rapid Spin... It's essentially a frisbee, come on...

That's only my snover Draco.
I use offensive Snover too occasionally. STAB Blizzard hurts like a bitch.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, not much discussion can come out of this topic sad to say. Though if you guys choose to do so a well presented and thought-out discussion on pokemon are allowed.

Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)