Favorite [Discontinued] Product

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So let's start with something fun and maybe we'll learn about different nostalgia treats and products along the way.

I'm sure some of you guys watch stuff like Good Mythical Morning with Rhett and Link. Occasionally some episodes (including in Good Mythical More) have a showcase of discontinued products varying from restaurant menu items to novelty snacks like the somewhat returned Dunkaroos.

So for some things I liked that no longer exist - I would have said Dunkaroos were not for their sweet return. They taste about what they did years ago, though I was mildly disappointed that the crackers weren't animal shaped. I swore they were, so if not feel free to blame my memory.

Another thing I have missed were 3D Doritos. I never had them, but the novelty of the shape was really cool.

One thing I would like to see return are the Onion Bites from McDonald's. I never had them, but considering the rather simple look and structure it looks like an occasional fun snack to grab on the go every now and then. Of course, making them at home is probably a lot better. :P

Last edited:

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
i have a vivid recollection, from when i was but a wee lad, of these crisps called "potato heads" (that may have been marketed with mr. potato head of toy story fame on the packet? possibly?). they were, to my recollection, absolutely magnificent, but they stopped making them not long after i became conscious enough to notice what i was eating. it's a sad memory that's stuck with me all my life...

Ivy

resident enigma
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor
speaking of mcdonalds, the Maple Bacon Dijon signature sandwich, God rest its soul. The only evidence I have of the existence of this exquisite delicacy are this photograph from 2017 and Reviewbrah's (unjustly) negative review of the product (because he had a sub-par chicken breast).

IMG_20170725_130058807.jpg

Coconut

W
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
LC Leader
i havent been able to find a 12 pack of the arizona raspberry iced tea in months so i think that might be it for me
In my area there's a Restaurant Depot (which has been open to the public since the Pandemic started) that sells them in bulk of 30 cans for about 70 cent a can. I personally get the peach ones.

That being said, the original Wonderball chocolate candy were the shit. They'd have characters from Cartoon Network or Disney or Pokemon inside of them. Even the reboots with candy were pretty good, but the new ones just don't hit the same quality of chocolate.

Lina

Creatures in Heaven
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When I was a kid in Australia there was this amazing icy pole cup called a Freeza. It was half Lemonade Half Raspberry flavoured but Peters stopped making them years ago. I have found somewhat related picture describing what it looks like.
images.jpeg
imagine this but in a cup.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dominos used to have chicken kickers which were actual seasoned and spiced breaded chonks of chicken you could dip in ranch. They did away with those and now they just sell plain breaded chonks with a kicker sauce to dip with, which sucks because then you can't dip it in ranch which was the damn point in the first place.

And before you suggest dipping in both, everyone knows that you don't mix sauces, like how you don't cross the streams in Ghostbusters.

There was this one brand of lemon sauce that we always used to have for our Chinese lemon chicken. As far as we could tell, literally all the takeaways used it too because it was so good.
Ever since it has been discontinued we have struggled to find a takeaway that makes good lemon chicken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)