Favorite Genre of Music?

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Anyway, anyone here like Symphonic metal? I don't expect a very strong following for metal on this forum, but I've been a fan of bands like Nightwish and Within Temptation after hearing some of their songs back in 2009. I guess girls aren't just good for boobies!

I like those two bands you mentioned.

Nowadays, I mainly listen to Trance with the occasional sprinkling of power metal.

Rock, Christian music (namely rock and metal), metal, electric, VGM (video game music) and piano music are generally my favorites. I will listen to anything really, except country, some rap and some pop (I will listen to rap and pop if they are good but country, no just no).

There's way too much music out there to limit yourself. The only genres I haven't really gone out of my way to appreciate are D-beat or country outside of Johnny Cash.
i rarely get the urge to listen to d-beat but disfear and anti cimex are pretty cool

also anyone who isn't into country seriously needs to spend a bit of time listening to bill monroe

[youtube]QqrN9TBmfZQ[/youtube]

All sorts of stuff.

J-Dilla, Dinosaur Jr., Misfits, Big L, The Antlers, LCD Soundsystem, Bloc Party, The Submarines, Tapes N' Tapes, Elzhi, Husker Du, Minor Threat, Say Anything, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Blu, Wilco, Japandroids, Kitten, Cro-mags, The Libertines, The National, TV On the Radio, the Scientists, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, The Growlers, Beach House, Tame Impala, 7 Seconds, Band of Horses, The xx, Eyedea & Abilities, Adolescents, My Bloody Valentine, Born Ruffians, The Cure, Bruce Springsteen, Crystal Castles, Leftover Crack, Morning Benders, the Drums, A Tribe Called Quest, Spoon, the Blow, Phoenix, Talib Kweli, Slow Club, the Knife, La Sera, New Order, The Toadies, 2Pac, etc.

There's way too much music out there to limit yourself. The only genres I haven't really gone out of my way to appreciate are D-beat or country outside of Johnny Cash.
Would've been easier to say indie tbh.

i rarely get the urge to listen to d-beat but disfear and anti cimex are pretty cool

also anyone who isn't into country seriously needs to spend a bit of time listening to bill monroe

Thanks for the recs, I'll check them out for sure.

Would've been easier to say indie tbh.
Not even half of those acts you could call indie.

If there is not as much profanity in a song as the Angry Video Game Nerd uses in a single episode, it cannot be defined as heavy dirty language.

Anyway, anyone here like Symphonic metal? I don't expect a very strong following for metal on this forum, but I've been a fan of bands like Nightwish and Within Temptation after hearing some of their songs back in 2009. I guess girls aren't just good for boobies!
I think you'll like this song then: [youtube]KfmKV9B9TM0[/youtube]

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think you'll like this song then: [youtube]KfmKV9B9TM0[/youtube]
Never heard of this band before. This is really good. I looked them up though, and the sources I found classify them as Melodic death metal rather than Symphonic metal. Regardless, though, this is a pretty good song. I may look into other stuff from this band.

icepick

she brings the rain
is a Top Artist Alumnus
90's hip hop was the first genre I really got into, and helped me get more interested in music in general. Right now I'm listening to a lot of post-punk, neo-psychadelia, and trip hop.

I listen to electronica, "dubstep", trance, punk rock, hard rock, nu-metal, metalcore, melodeath, trance metal even power metal. That's pretty wide list but on the whole I avoid mainstream music just because I don't like it. Here;s a song I've been digging recently:
[youtube]799rhGYVNSg[/youtube]

Oh god the keyboardist's rampage in this song this makes me do naughty things to myself. You should REALLY listen to the entire thing, it doesn't sound too great at first but this grew on me like the plague.

P.S. I didn't listen to this album for the cover

I always fond of Nu-Metal (Linkin Park early albums, System of a down, Slikpknot, Korn and someone mentioned St. Anger from metallica)

But i DO enjoy music, according to a quote from a Puerto Rican Rocker (Robby "Draco" Rosa): Music is to feel it, not to understand it. So i hear all kind of music as long it catchy or have nice "feeling"

(The only styles i DON'T like are country and R&B, they give me headbaches)

god that was sick as fuck. folksy songs like this are so damn fun to listen to. and that GUITAR PLAYING (sounded like banjo technically but it's a similar concept whatev). Some people think metal guitarists and shit that just move their fingers and pick as fast as they can are talented? no sir.

I honestly like all types of music. Not a big fan of metal or hip-hop, though. I mainly like pop, alternative, electronic and "indie."

Doom metal. I love how heavy it is, like it's going to crush you if you listen to it too hard. Death/doom is pretty cool, but what I really like is the stuff that has that bit of psychedelic influence, like Ancestors, YOB, or Electric Wizard.

I love Art Rock, Classical, and Trip-hop.
Good man.

People said:
I like everything.
There's nothing wrong with this but it generally just irks me in the wrong way so please excuse me for occasionally being an unnecessary asshole about it. (Gabe)

While I do dive into most genres my favorite albums of all time generally fall into the singer/songwriter or post-rock genre.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I like everything except for country and rap

:>

Nah but srsly I've been into Folk, Indie and Alt-Country lately, but I also dig some Metal and Trance as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)