Favourite CAP

Who is your favourite CAP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arghonaut and Revenankh will always get some love because of their designs.

Necturna is fun to play with, too. The fact that it gets Sketch is awesome.

Scylant, Pyroak, Fidgit and Stratagem for me.

Scylant I remember using when it still had Megahorn and 121 Speed - it just raped, and it got me excited about CAP.

Pyroak because of the beautiful design and how heavily involved I was (although I'm Still gutted it doesn't have a sun-abuse ability).

Fidgit and Stratagem because they fulfill their concepts so very well. Although I wish Fidgit's custom Ability, Persistent made Trick Room and Gravity last even longer than it does.

Maybe in time I'll grow to love Aurumoth, but despite its beautiful design I can't help but think giving it Dragon Dance, Tail Glow AND Quiver Dance was a completely stupid move.

Dusk209

No relation.
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I didn't notice that I could vote for 3 (hurr,) but I would have voted for Pyroak, Stratagem, and Necturna. Pyroak because it's typing and visual design are amazing, Stratagem and Necturna because they have great concepts and are simply amazing in terms of gameplay.

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
Colossoil, because it had a good concept, good TL and ultimately did what it was designed to do and did it well.

Mollux because OMGSOCUTECANIHAVEITALWAYS?

Also, because I feel like it's poison would have hallucinogenic properties, which it sprays at would-be predators so they end up tripping their biscuits off as it scurries away, adorably flailing it's limbs in fear.

Coronis

Impressively round
Syclant, just, the original CAP, love its design, plus of course there's the nostalgia. Arghonaut and Stratagem are right up there too.

I voted for Krilowatt mostly for its hilarious name, but also for how much fun it is to use in battle and its great design. Arghonaut got my vote for similar reasons, though with more emphasis on its awesome and unique art. My final vote went to Stratagem, just because I think the whole point of CAP is to break the norm of pokemon battle, and you don't see that anywhere better than with this strange, special Rock-type. I'm going to stick with CAP in the hopes that our next project will give me something that earns my vote even more.

Deleted User 163120

Banned deucer.
Aurumoth for the simple reason it's the first CAP I've been a part of, albeit very very briefly. I'm hoping the next CAP will be the one I have the most connection too, being the first one I actually take part in from the start.

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
I voted Stratagem for my overall favourite CAP Pokemon as for as long as I can remember I've wanted a special attacking and fast rock type Pokemon to break the trend, and do what so many other rock types fail to do with their traditionally lacklustre speed and poor Spa.

I also voted for Necturna as I believe it is the most successful CAP Pokemon created to date. As it could easily have been broken, and I love the concept of learning sketch simply once to open up create intuition and some great sets which to date no other Pokemon can do. (Favourite is the Belly Drum+Shadow Sneak set.)

In terms of Design I simply love Fidgit for it's name and goofy appearance, alongside its move pool which is wacky and useful enough to complement its design.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Colossoil because of its stats and sprite (seriously, that was a top-notch job); Necturna because of her concept and appearance (I find the final product overall to be flawless); Mollux because it's cute ^-^ and also because I _tried_ to come back to the CaP "community" while he was being discussed, even if for a short while; and Syclant because, hell, I was there! I watched it being born! I submitted its stat spread! I have my name on its Pokédex! I don't even know how well it fares in the CaP ladder but screw this, he's the coolest fakemon this galactic quadrant will ever see.

Fidgit is my personal favorite overall because it was the best overall end product in terms of flavor of movepool, stats, and competitiveness. It also had kick ass artwork and spriting and is definitely one of the most fun CAPs to play with in randbats. I love Arghonaut for its movepool and stats, and it's always a great mon to pick up in randbats (although people get pissed off because they don't know what to do against it). Cyclohm is probably the cutest CAP mon outside of Mollux :3. Colossoil for that insane bulk and attack stat, plus the fact it had a create an ability that actually became legit. Tomohawk for just its sheer badass-ness, and it easily being the best CAP to get in a randbat.

I have three faves for different reasons; since I'm no battler, none of the reasons have anything to do with combat. First, I guess, is Aurumoth, since I contributed to that one. Second is Necturna, who is a beautiful nightmare. Third is Tomohawk, since it looks like what I would love to see in a Farfetch'd evolution.

I'll have to think about which one I'd use if I had to go with just one.

I haven't played on the server since maybe Kitsunoh, and even then, I wasn't very good, so I'm callin' them from purely a flavor standpoint.

Arghonaut is a favorite of mine, for the cleverness of its design, and I think squat, bulky Pokemon just feel good.

I dig Mollux for being so goofy. I'd love to hear its in-game cry; imagining a few viscous bloops ending with a raspberry (anyone good with sound design?).

Finally, Colossoil, for the sheer AUDACITY of it all!

Stratagem by far.

For me top 5 are
Strata
Fidget
Revenankh
Scyclant
Colossoil

but stratagem easily takes the cake at #1

I voted Syclant, Tomohawk, and Mollux because they are the ones I've had the most success with, competitively. Syclant gets an especially enthusiastic vote. That thing hits like a truck.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I voted for Necturna and Voodoom because the process behind building those Pokemon was fantastic in my opinion.

Voodoom was right after Colossoil and Krilowatt, two of my least favorite CAPs. Colossoil and Krilowatt were rather broken in my opinion, and I feared for the future of the CAP project if we continued to create Pokemon of Colossoil and Krilowatt's caliber. However, Voodoom's project was led very well and it was clear we were designing Voodoom from a "less is more" standpoint. Voodoom may not have fulfilled its concept perfectly (what CAP does?), but it did fulfill its concept in a way that we did not intend, which taught us volumes about the late 4th gen metagame and designed a Pokemon that was, well, fun to play with. Voodoom had a reasonable movepool, excellent flavor, modest but threatening stats, and the overall "this is a real Pokemon" feel to it. Voodoom set an important precedent for TLs in the future, as if 130+ HP juggernauts such as Colossoil and Krilowatt became the norm, I fear CAP may have lost its legitimacy. Voodoom's process was a real milestone in CAP history and set a precedent for numerous successful CAPs in the future.

Necturna's was just really damn fun :D

I'd have to vote for Syclant.

I love the overall design of it, its typing originality and its overall stats. It's a beast in the form of a bug, and I do have to mention that I think the design came from Scimon. I also have to point three things out: Base 116 Attack, Base 114 Special Attack, and Base 121 Speed. WHOA!

Overall, Syclant is my favorite CAP project, and I'd use it any day.

In flavor terms: Fidgit. Just look at it, you know it looks awesome. Its design is exactly what I love to make.
In terms of battling: Tomohawk (although I rashly voted Aurumoth instead :| ). What I love about it is that you can either use it to sweep or to stall, and it does both perfectly. I voted for Aurumoth mainly because I'm helping design its pre-evos.

Hey, I'm (brand) new, but my four favorites are Revenankh, Kitsunoh, Tomohawk, and Aurumoth (voted for Revenankh, though; I'm a sucker for ghosts). I'm excited to start bringing my own ideas to the table and contributing in any way I can!
That said, I've done some looking through the most recent and stickied posts, and I'm not entirely sure where you are on PAC 5 right now, but if at all possible I'd like to be a part of it.
Like I said, though, this is my first vote, first post, and maybe I'm not good enough yet but I think immersion and constructive feedback are the best ways to learn.
I don't really know why I'm putting all that here, save that I don't really know where else to put it - I don't see an introduction thread or anything except the PAC application post, which I'm not exactly qualified for (having not helped on a PAC yet), but like I said, I look forward to working with everyone.

I voted Aurumoth because I love it's Illusion Sets. (A good Gyarados bluff.)
My next favorite would have to be Syclant. Making a Pokemon that is 4x weak to Stealth Rock and then giving it an an ability that avoids the Stealth Rock damage is a crafty idea.
My least favorite CAP is Krillowatt. He looks cool but, I have never found a use for him on my team.

Voted for Krilowatt but Tomohawk is a close second.

Krilowatt is just a pokemon that brings out a really creative aspect of CAP. The fact that you can tinker around with it and make so many unique and viable sets to serve whatever purpose you want it to serve is probably what makes it my favorite thing to come out of CAP so far. Too bad not everyone really uses it to it's fullest potential.

Despite the mess that it turned out to be, I voted for Aurumoth. I've been kind of lurking around since Voodoom, but never really paid much attention to what happened or the processes that had to be followed or any of that. I was just like "durr hurr look at these losers making fakemons, durr" but deep down inside, I wanted to be part of it. Aurumoth was the first CaP project where I really go involved in the polls and discussions. I made a few submissions, too, and even though I wasn't even a finalist for anything, I still felt like I contributed somewhat to the final product.

It still pisses me off that bmb went with the submission that had DD, QD, Focus Blast, Blizzard, Hydro Pump, Thunder, etc... Thing's broken.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Since I didn't experience the creation of these CAPs I could only vote based on design preference. I voted for Kitsunoh, Tomohawk and Necturna, which IMO are the most awesome designs. I dunno if they're OP in the meta or anything like that though.

Arghonaut, without a doubt. The design is just classic and by far the most charming. Even the name is really clever... Everything about him screams Pokemon, while many of the others have a distinctly fan-made feel about them. Second goes to Krillowatt, who also feels very authentic and has a great name... Though I like him more for his concept than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)