Ferrothorn + Jellicent, Stallmates

Yah shandera is deffinetly the biggest problem (Maybe Dory but atleast it needs to set up).With wish support i see this working pretty well and synergy wise Zapdos seems like a good partner.

The Combo is Solid In my opinion, between the old Stall mons i think these two are very beneficial to stall. Stall now has numerous choices to make in team building.
Burukeru and Natorei will probably take up places in teams but the old faces will be just as useful.

Burunkeru @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Final Stats: 404 / x / 262 / 207 / 246 / 156

Recover
Will-O-Wisp
Surf
Shadow Ball / Toxic
If you're running will-o-wisp efficiently, or have other pokemon running will-o-wisp/boiling water, you may want to consider evil eye over shadow ball, although it works better in conjunction with a phazer and entry hazards. Extra 20 base power. but a bit situational. Worth thinking about?

I used this combo without even realising how amazing it would be at stalling (stall isn't really my style). On a sandstorm team it works wonders, even if the sand negate's Burungeru's leftovers, it'll wear down some of the threats to this core like Sazandora and Shandera if you can play around them.

Anyone complaining about Nattorei getting no recovery, just use leech seed. Sure, grass types won't be affected, but if they switch to a stallbreaker then it'll be losing 1/8 of its health at the end of every turn and it'll be easier to deal with. Of course, you need to pair them up with something that takes Ground moves, but that should be common sense anyway with things like Doryuuzu around...

lmitchell0012

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
It's disappointing that burungeru wasn't given any electric type attacks to play with. In the last generation, almost all of the ghost types (with the exception of shedinja) got at least one electric type attack.

I'm actually considering running Magic Mirror CM Espeon just due to these two and Erefuun. Although at present it's just theorymon, Espeon is pretty much invulnerable to Erefuun, and can easily set up on any of the three. If I'm not mistaken, it also gets immunity to taunt and encore, as well as no status (obviously). It just needs to be careful for Burungeru's attacks before it takes it out with a boosted shadow ball, from what I can see.

I'm actually considering running Magic Mirror CM Espeon just due to these two and Erefuun. Although at present it's just theorymon, Espeon is pretty much invulnerable to Erefuun, and can easily set up on any of the three. If I'm not mistaken, it also gets immunity to taunt and encore, as well as no status (obviously). It just needs to be careful for Burungeru's attacks before it takes it out with a boosted shadow ball, from what I can see.
Yes. Espeon walls walls if you know what I mean.

On to the OP, Nattorei is such a good mixed wall. I think it partners with any good bulky water, not just the Jellyfish.

I'm suprised no one has brought up Rotom-H as a partner for these two, type wise he's perfect. Nattorei and Burungeru has prefect resist coverage with the exception of ground and flying, both of which are immune/resisted by Rotom-H, and because he lost his ghost typing and is now Fire, it gives an excellent Grass-Fire-Water core. Rotom-H is weak to Water (Burungeru Water Absorb) and Rock (Nattorei resists). He brings trick into the combo as well, and is reliably bulky.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I've been using this on PO (before they closed the Gen. 5 servers and started running Gen. 1 and 2,) and it's pretty solid. I was using Scarf Shandera also and pretty much nothing could sweep effectively.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
What I found to be my most effective counter to this combo was roopushin with guts. It can go in on either of the two set up bulk up and hit either supereffective with either payback or drain punch. It also enjoys the burn that burungeru gives with boiling water as it activates his guts.

The problem with using Roopushin as a counter to either one is that you have a 50% chance that your attack will be severely weakened (i.e. They either switch or stay, and you'll use either Payback or Mach Punch).

Breloom also does fairly well against it.

He doesn't particuarly enjoy being Seeded though, and if you predict wrong they can play around Roobpushin since Burungeru is Fighting immune and Nattorei resists Dark, as well having Steel Thorns. Between Steel Thorns, Leech Seed and potentially Burn (Or worse; Toxic) one could outstall Roobpushin pretty easily. Although he is a pretty decent answer to it since if you outpredict them you can do some serious damage at least. Bulk-Up Roobpushin particuarly is pretty dangerous since he can set up on either one and the only things he really has to worry about are Leech Seed and Toxic, which can always be prevented by Substitute should you just run 2 attacks or a SubPunch set which also threatens the Buruttorei pretty well.

He doesn't particuarly enjoy being Seeded though, and if you predict wrong they can play around Roobpushin since Burungeru is Fighting immune and Nattorei resists Dark, as well having Steel Thorns. Between Steel Thorns, Leech Seed and potentially Burn (Or worse; Toxic) one could outstall Roobpushin pretty easily. Although he is a pretty decent answer to it since if you outpredict them you can do some serious damage at least. Bulk-Up Roobpushin particuarly is pretty dangerous since he can set up on either one and the only things he really has to worry about are Leech Seed and Toxic, which can always be prevented by Substitute should you just run 2 attacks or a SubPunch set which also threatens the Buruttorei pretty well.
Roohpushin does have Guts in its arsenal so if you do happen to Burn/Poison it it may not last as long but it will hit harder.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Even if he does get hit by toxic or leech seed he is still able to recover health with leftovers and drain punch and eventually you are going to hit one with a super effective attack, and chances are you will still be in decent health with atleast a +1 boost in attack and defense.

State why it's a matter of prediction.

Although with this in mind; Zuruzukin could also serve as quite a good answer to the combo. He gets STAB on both Drain Punch and Payback (Or Hi-Jump Kick and Crunch if you prefer) whilst also been considerably bulkier than Roobpushin and has access to Shed Skin to keep it from been Toxistalled or crippled by Burn. Doesn't get Mach Punch mind you, but with a couple Bulk-Ups he's bulkier enough to do without a pressing need for priority. He doesn't also have Roobpushin utility as a Doryuuzu check, but he's still pretty impressive if he gets set-up.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
I know it's a matter of prediction but in 100+ battles nobody was able to stall out my roopushin with a Burungeru+Nattorei combo and like I said eventually I was able to take one of the two down and after that the other one fell soon after. Zuruzukin could also be a very nice check to them and with it having shed skin it's really the power that you get with guts vs the ability to heal status with shed skin.

Manaphy

The problem with using Roopushin as a counter to either one is that you have a 50% chance that your attack will be severely weakened (i.e. They either switch or stay, and you'll use either Payback or Mach Punch).

Breloom also does fairly well against it.
All the more reason to use Scarf Shandera. He can switch in on Roobushin's Fighting- attacks and kill it off with STAB Fire Blast or Psychic. The same goes for Breloom, as you can switch-in on his Mach Punches and kill him off.

All the more reason to use Scarf Shandera. He can switch in on Roobushin's Fighting- attacks and kill it off with STAB Fire Blast or Psychic. The same goes for Breloom, as you can switch-in on his Mach Punches and kill him off.
I have no idea why you would stay in against a Shanderaa with either of the two, unless they switched into a Payback >.>

Manaphy

I have no idea why you would stay in against a Shanderaa with either of the two, unless they switched into a Payback >.>
You could say that about any Scarfed Pokemon, really. And of course there is Shadow Tag.

Which doesn't even exist right now. I honestly don't get why people say "LOL CB sucks cuz Shanderaa". It's not released and we don't know if it ever will be :/
Timid Scarf Shanderaa's Overheat can OHKO most Roopushin so even if it runs Leftovers, it will still get trapped and KO'd. While ST Shanderaa doesn't exist yet, there was a Dream World tier on PO before they closed it and there may very well be one on Pokemon Lab as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)