First important question of the new year:

Is the . in -.- a nose or a mouth?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the mouth cannot be implied! what kind of emoticon is it without a mouth?? is the guy smiling? frowning? growling? laughing? without a mouth it provides very minimal and confusing emotion!

But emotion can so often be seen in the eyes! The narrowed eyes in said emoticon lead to three possibilities:
1: He is glaring
2: He is closing his eyes for whatever reason
3: He is asian
From the first two the mouth could be -.- and two emotions still be interpreted (angry glare/ dropping head in contemptuous depair) So the mouth doesn't necessarily mean you can immediately tell the emotion.
Therefore for the sake of representing emotion it could be either. However the size implies a nose

so yeah nose

Justin8649 said:
hey guys what emotion am i expressing? :-
how can you tell expression from a penis?

Do you all not watch anime / read manga? -.- is that face where the character exhales a little puff of smoke shaped like a mushroom or some shit and they've got blue paint running down their forehead for some reason. though I guess maybe it should be more like --.

Gonna have to choose mouth. I had always thought it was an anime face-pose kinda thing, but I guess the inventor is the only one that truly knows.

IF THERE IS ONE

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Most smilies show the eys and mouth, so thus I naturally consider the . to be mouth as well. Not that it actually matters because the closed eyes is the only information I need to gather.

Unless those are ears. Are those ears? They might be ears.

MOUTH --.--

think about it, you can cut off a nose but you can't realistically remove a mouth

therefore, it has to be a mouth or an alien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)