First pokemon game that you played?

1. My First Pokemon game was Emerald.
2. Got it on GBA Emu on PC.
3. The game was really nice, Sceptile was my starter, I remeber collecting Rare Candies for my Salamence LOL, in all, I really enjoyed it.

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
1. Pokemon Silver
2. Christmas or my birthday when I was 7/8.
3. Amazing. Just extremely fun and every time I play a Johto game I almost feel transported back to that time. Cyndaquil was my starter and I definitely had a Mareep on my team. Even back then I remember trading with my sisters and friends to get all 3 starters on the same cartridge. I remember being stuck at Ice Path for a while, and despite never having played RBY, beating Red for the first time at Mt. Silver was one of the best experiences of my childhood haha. Also I remember catching Suicune between Ecruteak and Olivine straight after releasing it from the Burned Tower. One of the many reasons it became my favourite Pokemon. I’m fairly certain when I heard about Crystal and that Suicune was the mascot I was begging my parents to get it for me.

Deleted User 465389

Banned deucer.
1; pokemon black
2; I didn’t know what pokemon was, i just saw reshiram on the cover and thought it looked cool
3; i can’t remember much about it, but i only used pokemon that evolved twice, as i thought they were stronger than the ones who didn’t
(because clearly scolipede’s stronger than excadrill :blobshrug:
no offence to people who like scolipede)

pokemon brick bronze (a roblox game that was basically an illegal pokemon game where you pick a starter from gen 1 - gen 7 and u go adventure when unexpectedly ur parents get stolen by ur opps bc theyre smart and have a lot of info and stuff, so u basically beat like 8 gyms and after the last one u battle them for ur parents, the devs were working on more leagues and stuff but the game got taken down)

Hi young padawans. Click on my profile. Look at my join date. I've been on this forum since before some of yous were born.

1. what was the first pokemon game you played?
Pokemon Yellow. nope, not the very oldest one. But it came out arround my birthday , somewhere in 1999. 99% of this forum cannot even imagine these long ago days gone by, without internet and mobile phones. The Dark Ages. I was there, young padawans.
2. how/when you got it
For my birthday. I remember hearing my mother complain to my father ' but that yellow game you bought him was almost as expensive as the GameBoy !' But oh what was it worth it.
3. you're experience playing the game (if you can remember)
I first played it while taking a shit on the toilet. I remember being disappointed that the character on the screen was so small.
It took us a few run throughs until about Mount Moon before we discovered how you can save the game.
At the time we were only able to speak our Dutch language, and we had no English proficiency whatsoever. We learned English through pokemon, videogames and TV shows.

1. My first pokemon game overall was Blue Rescue team. My first mainline pokemon game was White.
2. I honestly don't remember for Blue Rescue Team, since my parents got it for me when I was ~5 years old. I'm guessing she got it around the same time she got us our DSes for Christmas, though. As for White, my mother got it for me shortly after release after a lot of begging from a Gamestop.
3. All I remember from BRT was A.) I always got Bulbasaur from the personality test and picked Pikachu as my partner, and B.) not being able to figure out the Chestnut sidequest lol. I have clearer memories of White though, such as being ecstatic when I caught Victini and trading for an Emolga via the GTS cause I couldn't find one, and then raising it to Level 100. That was the first mon I levelled up to the maximum.

Three things:

Pokemon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition

2. how/when you got it?
As a Christmas Gift when I was about 8 or 9 years old

3. your experience playing the game (if you can remember)
I remember being smart enough to get all the starters and not release them.
I also remember being smart enough to find the legendaries, but dumb enough to faint them, including Mewtwo XD.
I also remember beating Brock with only Pikachu at LV22.
I'm pretty sure I also remember using a Master Ball on a Clefairy XD.

Last edited:
1. My first was Pokémon HeartGold.

2. I was eight and one of my moms picked up a copy for me at Walmart.

3. I chose Totodile and kept having to start over because I didn’t know how to manually save. Once I read the manual I finally got past Falkner. Like many kids I couldn’t beat Whitney no matter how hard I tried. Eventually I evolved my overleveled Totodile to a Feraligatr and swept her entire team. I knew how to catch Pokémon, but I didn’t figure out how to keep them at a good level until I was a little older. After a while I got stuck at the Silver fight under Goldenrod City until I bought an action replay. I stuffed my Feraligatr with rare candies and kept progressing. Once again I got stuck. This time it was with Clair. I ended up deleting my save file and started over, only to never finish the game. Years later I played through the game without any cheats and finally beat Lance. It was an incredible feeling.

1. Pokémon Y, I have watched the anime for like two years prior to me getting Pokémon Y , and wanted to get into the games myself, but there was a bit of a problem, the only Pokémon games on the home consoles at the time were just spinoffs (and I'm pretty sure that I didn't know about most of the spinoff games anyways) and the mainline Pokémon games were on consoles that I didn't have, but that changed on the Christmas of 2015, where I got my first ever (and only) 2DS
2. on December 26, 2015, I got Pokémon Y with the recent Birthday and/or Christmas money (can't remember which specifically) at a now out of business Target store when I was 10
3. I got myself a Fennekin, named him Fin (that name has nothing to do with Adventure Time, I just though that Fin fitted Fennekin well), and his final evolution would later become my favorite Pokémon, although during my Y playthrough, I made quite a lot of mistakes, the biggest ones I made: not leveling up, and not using super effective attacks (I saw ZackScottGames sweep through the Elite Four with relative ease, and I thought that I could do the same thing, that was a big mistake), that's why Grant, the Elite Four, and the Champion battles were incredibly hard to me (but it's pretty unrealistic to expect that the game would be a breeze for me, since I had no experience), although ZackScottGames was also a big help at times, particularly with the Lysandre Café being a secret base for his operations plotline, I beat the Elite Four + Champion on New Year's Day 2016 with a team that consists of Fin the Delphox, Lucario, Pidgeot, Hariyama, Venasaur, and Yveltal, this is the first 3DS game that I loved playing (and still do)

1. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
2. Borrowed it/completely took over ownership of it from a sibling, don't remember when, sometime in the last 12 years lol
3. Was fun, especially destroying enemies late-game with charizard, heat wave reached the cap of 999 damage hitting everything, especially for those monster houses lmao Haven't played it recently though, maybe I should

Last edited:
Three things
2. how/when you got it
1-My first pokémon game was blue.
2-My brother bring to me in a Disket, I play in a emulator on computer. My brother already started the game and was with Wartortle in SS ANNE when I started to play. I remember to catch a Dugtrio in the Digglet cave... but I can't remember that much how was the game play. But I remember I was very upset to be unnable to evolve my Graveler, Haunter and Kadabra because the emulator don't have the cable link. I didn't know how they evolve at the time and train this 3 pokémons.
But in a real Nintendo console I had a Game boy color with Crystal. And a Game boy ADvanced with Ruby and Emerald.
3- was very cool, despite I don't remeber well.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Three things
2. how/when you got it
Hey look, another opportunity for me to talk about Guardian Signs. Neat!

1. Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs (DS, 2010) was most likely the first of the bunch. My other two first games were Pokémon Pearl (DS, 2006-07) and Pokémon SoulSilver (DS, 2009-10). The only issue is that I can't remember the order in which I first got each of these three games, so I tend to mention all at once just to be safe. Also, if anyone's wondering, Platinum was never actually sold where I lived at the time for some strange reason, and I didn't get that game for another few years after we moved.

2. It would have either been in late 2010 (our family has a Christmas ornament with Pikachu on it with the year 2010 written on the bottom), or the middle of 2011 at the absloute latest. I know this because I had access to the Giratina and Arceus Wi-Fi events somehow (we didn't have Internet until 2014; I must have been using someone's cellular data or whatnot) but lacked access to the other four events. According to Serebii.net, the Deoxys, Manaphy Egg, Heatran, and Shaymin events concluded on January 11th, 2011 in North America, with the Giratina and Arceus events becoming available roughly one month after the other ones in Japan, which leads me to estimate a date of November 2010 for North America with an unconfirmed conclusion time (possible February 2011, which would also have made these the very last Generation 4 Wi-Fi events in any game before the North American release of Black & White.)

Source: https://www.serebii.net/ranger3/wifi.shtml

3. My experiences with this game are something that I could only describe as "life-defining". I'm not exaggerating when I say that this game might have actually been made for me. I won't get too spiritual or religious here, but let's just say that I do believe in supernatural miracles existing for reasons we may never truly understand. And this game... this is one that's touched me so personally that I've written an extended essay paper on the full story because... well, I like writing and I got bored.

DrCoeloCephalo

Banned deucer.
1.Red Version.
2.Super fuzzy but I think it was a birthday present.
3.I think I trained up a Charmander, overlevelled it and then only switched between that and raising an Oddish to Vileplume. I never beat the story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)