First RMT,Help Appreciated

Hello all, my first post here at Smogon and I thought a RMT would be the best thing. After looking at RaikouLover's team, I played around with some of the pokes on the team (read: stole the team). Anyway, I grew to love the jirachi and the gyarados. After a while, I found these two pokes were great for opening up a Gallade sweep, and thats how the team came to be. I read the rules but if I did anything wrong, please lock the thread or just tell me so I can fix it.

The Team At a Glance:

More in Depth:

The Lead:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Torrent
Relaxed Nature
240 HP/216 Sp. Def/52 Sp. Attack

-Stealth Rock
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake

My Standard boring SR lead. Can get off SR against bronzong, but usually ko's the opponet's suicide lead as they taunt while I attack for the 2HKO. I can then set up SR later. My team is a little suspectable to special moves so I moved the standard defense ev's over to sp. defense. Makes a solid switch into a lot of stuff like metagross and dragons after Tangrowth has paralyzed them. Gets the jod done. NOTE: Standard MixApe doesnt ko with grass knot without a Nasty Plot with the ev's. Good TTar counter also even without the defense ev's.

Tank #1

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Chlorophyll
Impish Nature
252 HP/228 Defense/28 Speed

-Knock Off
-Power Whip
-Leech Seed
-Stun Spore

Another standard. Great switch into physical threats and can proceed to annoy the opponet. Stun Spore, Leech Seed, Knock Off, repeat. Opponets often switch in special sweepers (mostly Heatran) who promptly gets paralyzed and becomes a much smaller threat to the team. While Gyarados is mostly a better switch into physical threats, slowing fast threats down is important to Gallade's sweep. Secondary TTar counter also if I know it doesnt pack ice beam or a fire move. Part one of Pseudo- CeleTranCune defensive combo, except on my team its TangTranYrados (just watch, it'll catch on). Great Gyara counter also.

The Defensive Beast/Tank 2

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Careful Nature
216 HP/160 Def/132 Sp. Def
New Ev's are working great, thanks to Rag for the spread
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge

Yep, Jacked straight from RaikouLover's team, but he's great at what he does. Beats Luke, Hera, Gyara, Physical Dragons, and Heatran. Note: Giving him DD doesn't work, i've tried. He can last a little longer than Tangrowth due to reliable recovery (RestTalk>Leech Seed). Part 2 of TangTranYrados. Intimidate makes him even better. Is also my best Ape Counter assuming no tpunch or Stone Edge. So Yeah, try him out cause he counters big physical threats in the metagame.

The Stolen CM'er

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Timid Nature
252 HP/80 Sp. Attack/176 Speed

-Calm Mind
-Substitute/Wish
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic

Again, straight off RaikouLover's team. Don't get mad, he wasn't originally on the team. Metagross was here for the pursuit duties but Jirachi beats Cune so here he is. Having one pokemon to counter one pokemon is pretty sad, but you have no idea how weak all my teams are to cune. So, here he is. He beats Blissey, who is welcome set-up fodder for both Jirachi and Gallade, and can sweep occasionally. Open to suggestions for this slot but it has to counter Suicune.
-Wish is overall doing okay, I need to learn to wish first and set up later but wish lets me destroy Magnezone who think they can trap and ko.

The Rest of TangTranYrados!

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Modest Nature
6 HP/252 Sp. Attack/252 Speed

-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-HP Grass
-Dragon Pulse

My revenge killer. Great for racking up SR damage as he forces switches. No explosion because Blissey/Snorlax are welcome set up for Jirachi and Gallade. I think HP Grass is a good idea to hit incoming waters, as I dont know what HP Ice is needed to KO because I already have Dragon Pulse. Generally weakens the other team so Gallade doesn't have to work so hard to sweep. Also, I didnt go Hasty/Timid because Gyarados does fine against opposing Heatran so revenging other ScarfTran isn't important.

The End-Gamer

Gallade @ Wide Lens
Steadfast
Jolly Nature
6 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed

-Hypnosis
-Close Combat
-Shadow Sneak
-Swords Dance

The core of the team. He's pretty easy to use. Sleep Blissey. SD on Switch. Have other pokes paralyzed so Gallade is faster. Sweep. Shadow Sneak is for Gengar. Other pokes that like to switch in are Celebi and Salamence. All three are problems for this team. In the end Shadow Sneak is what I chose. It seems to be working. He is great with paralysis support from Tangrowth and unfortunatly blows without it. However, I think Scarfing him would make me change the team up drastically and the general idea of the team is working quite well.

Threats that I see:
-Salamence-Gyarados can beat him easily now.
-Celebi-Ouch...Heatran scares it off so I deal with later. Tangrowth walls it without psychic.
-Gengar- Gallade ko's on his sweep with Shadow Sneak.
-Toxic Spikes- Takes out Tangrowth quick, which makes Gallade's job much tougher
-Ape- Now Gyara destroys Ape so never mind.
- Finally- Baton Pass teams. I've never actually lost to one. But, every time I win its because I've set up Jirachi fully and she gets a crit, koing the opposing poke so they lose their boosts. Then Jirachi sweeps.

Any other Threats you see please say.
This is my first time posting anything ever so give me a break as I try to keep up with this.
RMT!

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
I would remove Substitute in favor of Wish any day. Your team does rely a lot on your defensive capabilities, but when only Gyarados got a form of recovery - ResTalk, which is quite unreliable in my experience, you'll obviously have some issues switching in on threats in the long run. Wish would compliance for your lack of survivability, and got far more uses then Substitute.

Tangrowth is also your only answer to Gyarados, and you got to keep him healthy.

I would also make a hefty Special Defence investment on Gyarados. Infernape hits 4 of your Pokémon Super Effective, and Gallade is 2HKOd by Fire Blast on the switch. After Stealth Rock, Gyarados is unable to take Grass Knot too well, so some bulk on the special side seems reasonable. Some Special Defence will also make Gyarados a great asset against a Salamence, as you'll survive a Draco Meteor everytime. Careful with 136 EVs allow you to take a Draco Meteor quite convincing, and you'll still be capable of taking hits on the physical side of the spectrum. And you'll obviously have no trouble with Mixape.

If you find Gengar too troublesome, making Heatran a ResTalking version could be worth some consideration, with a little investment in Special Defence to take those Focus Blasts. Flamethrower/Dragon Pulse/Rest/Sleep Talk allow you to hit those Subbing Gengar too, but Flamethrower and Earth Power provide a better coverage in general for Super Effective hits. You should worry about enemy Heatran too much though, so I think you would benefit some more from Dragon Pulse, just for the solve purpose of hitting that pesky Subbing Gengar better while you're sleeping.

Good luck with your team, and hopefully you'll take my advice into consideration. :)

Thanks for rating Rag.

Wish seems like a viable option, although opponets often switch when they see I am CM Jirachi, and that allows me to get a hit in before switching out of an Earthquake. Wish would also make setting up on Blissey more difficult because now I'm open to getting hit by T-Waves. I'll try it out though.

Tangrowth and Gyarados both counter opposing Gyarados.

Sp. Defensive ev's sound good for Gyarados.

RestTalkTran seems viable, but I lose my primary revenge killer. Anything to stop that?

Lastly, if I go for wish Jirachi, should change the ev's to a more defensive spread as he is a supporter? just wondering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)